MattDRX

Things I Don't Like

Recommended Posts

On 3/4/2019 at 7:45 PM, iantt said:

 

 

35 minutes ago, Lenny said:

You could silicone around the window seal then peel it off in summer,

Argos is good for cheap toasters 

I've given up purchasing dishwashers for the wife as she blocks the pump with food,

Only time I sent her alone was to purchase a tumble dryer; which we keep outside in a wooden garden shed,

She bought a condenser dryer which is designed to take the heat in from surrounding room and top it up to drying temperature.

But it's in a wooden shed.... Costing me an absolute fortune as it doesn't have a drying time; instead it maintains ***** temperature 😭 I'm a broken man

It's the French doors that are the biggest draught, I can literally see them bowing inwards and feel a breeze when the wind hits.  I've done what I can with cheap draught proofing and tape around all the windows and doors but it's not really worked.  Also doesn't help that building regs require extractor fans in the kitchen and bathroom...it gives the wind an easy flow through rather than having a sealed room than would give a bit more protection.  Given the imminent rent increase I need to find somewhere else to go anyway, chances are it'll be even worse on my budget though. :sad:

Cheapest long slot toaster in Argos is £15.99. 😮 Sure I paid less than a tenner for the previous two from supermarkets, they seem to have stopped selling the budget ones though.

Having a dryer in a shed doesn't sound very 'Lenny' to me, what sort of bodge is that?  :tongue: Surely you could knock up a small extension on the kitchen... :wink:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

 

It's the French doors that are the biggest draught, I can literally see them bowing inwards and feel a breeze when the wind hits.  I've done what I can with cheap draught proofing and tape around all the windows and doors but it's not really worked.  Also doesn't help that building regs require extractor fans in the kitchen and bathroom...it gives the wind an easy flow through rather than having a sealed room than would give a bit more protection.  Given the imminent rent increase I need to find somewhere else to go anyway, chances are it'll be even worse on my budget though. :sad:

Cheapest long slot toaster in Argos is £15.99. 😮 Sure I paid less than a tenner for the previous two from supermarkets, they seem to have stopped selling the budget ones though.

Having a dryer in a shed doesn't sound very 'Lenny' to me, what sort of bodge is that?  :tongue: Surely you could knock up a small extension on the kitchen... :wink:

 

Tom, thanks for quoting me . I'm sure whatever I said must have been usefull. Ha ha .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

 

It's the French doors that are the biggest draught, I can literally see them bowing inwards and feel a breeze when the wind hits.  I've done what I can with cheap draught proofing and tape around all the windows and doors but it's not really worked.  Also doesn't help that building regs require extractor fans in the kitchen and bathroom...it gives the wind an easy flow through rather than having a sealed room than would give a bit more protection.  Given the imminent rent increase I need to find somewhere else to go anyway, chances are it'll be even worse on my budget though. :sad:

Cheapest long slot toaster in Argos is £15.99. 😮 Sure I paid less than a tenner for the previous two from supermarkets, they seem to have stopped selling the budget ones though.

Having a dryer in a shed doesn't sound very 'Lenny' to me, what sort of bodge is that?  :tongue: Surely you could knock up a small extension on the kitchen... :wink:

 

Small extensions lose alot of heat from the house, 

Dryer in the shed is much easier, I have a chest freezer out there too, economical to run in winter,

A good set of heavy curtains would help you, 

But considering the toaster cost, I'm wasting my time 😂 perhaps the existing toaster is fine; its the draft coming through the house is impacting on the toasters performance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tomfocus myself and the now wife; used to rent the ground floor of a Victorian terrace house on the seafront facing the sea,

We used to silicone the sash windows in winter, and a 14 Tog Duck Feather Duvet is highly recommended, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks tom, an extension would be a great idea, save me from running out to the shed in my pjs to get his boxers outta the dryer, im always afraid a fereral cat will attack me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tori woods said:

Thanks tom, an extension would be a great idea, save me from running out to the shed in my pjs to get his boxers outta the dryer, im always afraid a fereral cat will attack me 

Ugh I'm out.. 

You already have a profile @VickiW 

Reset using your email 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lenny said:

Ugh I'm out.. 

You already have a profile @VickiW 

Reset using your email 

You can't have anything can you Lenny, you come on here to escape for a bit and look who turns up! 😉

Hi Tori or is it Vicki? 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, iantt said:

Tom, thanks for quoting me . I'm sure whatever I said must have been usefull. Ha ha .

Lol, sorry, it's the forums fault. :rolleyes:  On mobile if you accidentally quote someone it's then absolutely impossible to remove the textbox! 😒  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lenny said:

Small extensions lose alot of heat from the house, 

Dryer in the shed is much easier, I have a chest freezer out there too, economical to run in winter,

A good set of heavy curtains would help you, 

But considering the toaster cost, I'm wasting my time 😂 perhaps the existing toaster is fine; its the draft coming through the house is impacting on the toasters performance 

Correct... :tongue:   Being poor sucks... :laugh: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, sorry, it's the forums fault. :rolleyes:  On mobile if you accidentally quote someone it's then absolutely impossible to remove the textbox! 😒  

On my mobile I just put the cursor under the quote box and press delete twice to delete it. Failing that come out of the thread, go back in and start a reply again, it then gives you the option to delete the restored content.

I end up doing that a lot when I censor my own replies lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WES180 said:

You can't have anything can you Lenny, you come on here to escape for a bit and look who turns up! 😉

Hi Tori or is it Vicki? 😊

Hi wes

Its tori or vicki mood depending 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tori woods said:

Hi wes

Its tori or vicki mood depending 😉

Oooh, I like a bit of role play!🤣

Who is the nicer one of you then that Lenny always praises, Tori or Vicki?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WES180 said:

On my mobile I just put the cursor under the quote box and press delete twice to delete it. Failing that come out of the thread, go back in and start a reply again, it then gives you the option to delete the restored content.

I end up doing that a lot when I censor my own replies lol.

If you look at the quote box in my reply, that had been stuck in there for over a week lol, pressing delete twice does nothing.  Coming out of the thread does nothing.  The only way to remove it is to post it. :unsure:  Which browser do you use?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

If you look at the quote box in my reply, that had been stuck in there for over a week lol, pressing delete twice does nothing.  Coming out of the thread does nothing.  The only way to remove it is to post it. :unsure:  Which browser do you use?

Just what my phone came with, Google.

Strange how it behaves differently for your set up then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

If you look at the quote box in my reply, that had been stuck in there for over a week lol, pressing delete twice does nothing.  Coming out of the thread does nothing.  The only way to remove it is to post it. :unsure:  Which browser do you use?

1578516898_Screenshot_20190313-093214_PhotoEditor.thumb.jpg.d44477568168ab039987e5cb8e31c81b.jpg

I get this option circled red on mine to clear the content if I start a quoted reply, then come out of the thread and then go back in and press reply again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Oooh, I like a bit of role play!🤣

Who is the nicer one of you then that Lenny always praises, Tori or Vicki?

Role play, like barbie & ken lol 

Lenny loves victoria the sensible mammy version 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tori woods said:

Role play, like barbie & ken lol 

Lenny loves victoria the sensible mammy version 

 

Screenshot_20190313-095425_Google.thumb.jpg.0e686e9398c4058c3759e0976a53d356.jpg

I've not actually tried Barbie and Ken roles, I might order some outfits for the weekend. Not sure if i will be able to get that leotard in my size though.😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, WES180 said:

1578516898_Screenshot_20190313-093214_PhotoEditor.thumb.jpg.d44477568168ab039987e5cb8e31c81b.jpg

I get this option circled red on mine to clear the content if I start a quoted reply, then come out of the thread and then go back in and press reply again.

Yeah I get hat as well, but clicking 'clear editor' just refreshes the whole page and leaves the text box there! :laugh:  It was the same on my old phone as well! :unsure: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On topic of the don't like thread...  I don't like that my printer has suddenly 'not recognised' the ink cartridges that have been in it for over a year! 😮  Annoyingly it won't even attempt to print anything. So along with burnt toast, sitting in a draught and the laptop battery not even managing an hour before cutting out this morning today's going about as well as usual. :laugh: 

On the plus side, the spreadsheet I was working on has been recovered ok, I really should save things more often now the laptop is about as reliable as an EcoBoosts cooling system... :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

On topic of the don't like thread...  I don't like that my printer has suddenly 'not recognised' the ink cartridges that have been in it for over a year! 😮  Annoyingly it won't even attempt to print anything. So along with burnt toast, sitting in a draught and the laptop battery not even managing an hour before cutting out this morning today's going about as well as usual. :laugh: 

On the plus side, the spreadsheet I was working on has been recovered ok, I really should save things more often now the laptop is about as reliable as an EcoBoosts cooling system... :lol: 

days going well then ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't like my FOC bookmark not working on either my phone or computer. Hopefully just a glitch.

Screenshot_20190313-103219.png

Save a new one,

Or 

Email yourself a link from a computer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WES180 said:

 

Screenshot_20190313-095425_Google.thumb.jpg.0e686e9398c4058c3759e0976a53d356.jpg

I've not actually tried Barbie and Ken roles, I might order some outfits for the weekend. Not sure if i will be able to get that leotard in my size though.😂

Xxs should fit ye, lenny has two in the wardrobe that he hasnt worn in a while, give me a shout & il post them over to ye 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.