MattDRX

Things I Don't Like

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like the amount of information Hastings Direct want since starting my car insurance with them.  I've never had to provide all of this before.  Is this a new thing across the board or are they taking the biscuit? :unsure:

They want copies of the following:  

Proof of NCB
Both front and back of photocard licence AND a code so they can check the licence online
All pages of the V5 logbook

Firstly not everyone has access to a scanner or a photocopier.  And surely all of this available online to insurers anyway.  But most importantly, if a picture of both sides of the licence and the whole logbook get into the wrong hands through a data breach or lost in postal transit, that's an easy way into identity theft! 😮 

Some places accept photo of documents instead of scanned, 

Can post all originals to me and I'll scan them for you 😂

The should hold off on requiring so much until such unfortunate time as of when a claim is made; then if x, y, and Z are not as promised by the policy holder then the insurance is void,

This would save alot of office staff wages as only claims would require such processing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

19 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Solution has come to my head.
I'm off to B&Q tomorrow to buy a load of pine batten and short screws to make my own edge trim as a backstop to avoid the panels pushing backwards out of the grooves.
A little bit of extra effort and a small extra cost to save hours of frustration and scraped fingers.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)
 

Another option to battens are these, this is just a Screwfix link, smaller quantities are available online from other retailers. 

These are also great for drawers with a ply/hardboard bottom too, just a few along the edge stops the drawer bottom falling out if it's over loaded.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/hafele-rear-panel-connectors-100-pack/6079V?tc=LT5&ds_kid=92700024762949010&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249413&ds_rl=1247848&ds_rl=1245250&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx5Tl_saT4QIVab7tCh2G_QFaEAQYASABEgKlOfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

Simple...............BREXIT.........Get on with it and don't make the u.k look like fools.

Create there own deadline then ask for an extension is no way to demonstrate self management and future leadership,

Surly evaluate everything and plan outcome before suggesting action in order to make the correct decision,

Best out before September though; as there's a German bank set to fold before 2020 bringing Germany in to a recession.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Both front and back of photocard licence AND a code so they can check the licence online

I don't even have a photocard licence (mine's still on parchment😀) so what would I do?

All sounds a bit weird to me - as you say, all this stuff is shared online nowadays anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would get a quote they don't need your driving number its up to you if you want to give it :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Create there own deadline then ask for an extension is no way to demonstrate self management and future leadership,

Surly evaluate everything and plan outcome before suggesting action in order to make the correct decision,

Best out before September though; as there's a German bank set to fold before 2020 bringing Germany in to a recession.

sick hearing  it all the time. its mays way or no way :wallbash:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Create there own deadline then ask for an extension is no way to demonstrate self management and future leadership,

Surly evaluate everything and plan outcome before suggesting action in order to make the correct decision,

Best out before September though; as there's a German bank set to fold before 2020 bringing Germany in to a recession.

They didn't create the deadline, Article 50 gave them exactly 2 years.  But for some reason they just buggered around procrastinating for the first 18 months!  :unsure:

Whatever happens now the UK already look like fools...  There isn't an easy or simple answer, a large number of people will be upset by whatever the outcome is.

55 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I don't even have a photocard licence (mine's still on parchment😀) so what would I do?

All sounds a bit weird to me - as you say, all this stuff is shared online nowadays anyway.

Send it via fax maybe? :wink: 

I genuinely thought it was a scam but they've sent me a letter as well.  

19 minutes ago, dezwez said:

I would get a quote they don't need your driving number its up to you if you want to give it :smile:

I already bought and paid for the insurance a few weeks ago, but the new policy started this week and they asked for all of this after the start date.  I don't mind giving the licence number, but colour copies of the V5 and licence must be pretty easy to create fakes from. 😮 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

They didn't create the deadline, Article 50 gave them exactly 2 years.  But for some reason they just buggered around procrastinating for the first 18 months!  :unsure:

Simply proving the old saying "Procrastination is the thief of time"😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like coming from a messed up family, 

Our daughter has a special event in two weeks time; I'm paying €40 per person for a meal to those invited; 

Theres 17 people going now; but there all on the wife's side of the family; I've asked my mother to come but she says no because she's currently sick and will continue to be sick on that day too. 

I also have two brothers and two sisters but haven't spoken in few years as they each have there own life changing issues, 

The event is going to be difficult for me; paying for everyone without receiving any enjoyment as well as seeing them all getting along which super highlights the void in my own life,

Normally I can blank it out daily with working six days a week and spending time with my own family; its only when if comes to events like this that theres no hiding 😅

Sorry for the rant guys, it indeed wont change anything; I'm just being somewhat emotional 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£276 for a Mk7 fiesta front seat back cushion cover!! 

Was going to look at a fiesta for my daughter and description/ photo showed a damaged cover. Car was overpriced in the first place without spending that much on a cover. Will give that car a miss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lenny at least think to yourself you have your own family. You have a wife and three children who are always with you. One day in life both parents won't be in the world anymore. Siblings it depends, my gran who has cancer me and the parents would go see her every Saturday as she's not able to cook. One of my aunties does not hardly go as she says she's sick. Doesn't help it more that my younger cousins have chicken pox so she won't come for some time as she won't want her children catching it from them.

One of my uncles when he was young worked in a bank, met a girl and got married. One day they argued in what house to stay in. Both have bad mums so they argued against going to each others mums house. From there they divorced. Years passed I think it mentally affected him and it didn't help that his dad passed away. Now after all those years he lives with his mum single whereas the girl got married again and had kids. I think he does get some disability benefit as he has some mental problem thinking he has physical or pain. I do enjoy going to his flat seeing him and his mum and poking him 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[mention=14733]Lenny[/mention] at least think to yourself you have your own family. You have a wife and three children who are always with you. One day in life both parents won't be in the world anymore. Siblings it depends, my gran who has cancer me and the parents would go see her every Saturday as she's not able to cook. One of my aunties does not hardly go as she says she's sick. Doesn't help it more that my younger cousins have chicken pox so she won't come for some time as she won't want her children catching it from them.
One of my uncles when he was young worked in a bank, met a girl and got married. One day they argued in what house to stay in. Both have bad mums so they argued against going to each others mums house. From there they divorced. Years passed I think it mentally affected him and it didn't help that his dad passed away. Now after all those years he lives with his mum single whereas the girl got married again and had kids. I think he does get some disability benefit as he has some mental problem thinking he has physical or pain. I do enjoy going to his flat seeing him and his mum and poking him
Yes this is true families are strange things as I think all of us has some story about some person/people in all of them as just either nasty/don't care about anyone and makes it's worse if its there own mom or dad who went through trouble and worry when they were young and don't give a dam now,I care for my very elderly dad as mom pasted away a nice few years ago so just me and dad,I do have 1 older brother but that's all I'm saying me and dad,day by day with a lot of problems on the way but that life.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lenny said:

I don't like coming from a messed up family, 

Our daughter has a special event in two weeks time; I'm paying €40 per person for a meal to those invited; 

Theres 17 people going now; but there all on the wife's side of the family; I've asked my mother to come but she says no because she's currently sick and will continue to be sick on that day too. 

I also have two brothers and two sisters but haven't spoken in few years as they each have there own life changing issues, 

The event is going to be difficult for me; paying for everyone without receiving any enjoyment as well as seeing them all getting along which super highlights the void in my own life,

Normally I can blank it out daily with working six days a week and spending time with my own family; its only when if comes to events like this that theres no hiding 😅

Sorry for the rant guys, it indeed wont change anything; I'm just being somewhat emotional 

 

It's just hormones mate, sounds like you need some chocolate & ice cream. :wink: 

Seriously though,  just focus on your daughter & wife...sod the rest of them! :smile: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My moan for the day is my ear...  I've posted before about being intermittently deaf in one ear for almost a year now, but I finally forced myself to see a Dr about it...  Anyway, turns out there's some wax in it that needs removing before he can see in properly.  I'm having to use ear drops which feel absolutely horrific... 😩  But so far nothing has happened except now being permanently deaf on that side since I started using the drops!  It was clearing a bit over the day before so it's now worse.  There's absolutely no way I'd be able to have them syringed, but the Dr said the wax should 'just come out' after a week or so.  Has anyone else found this to be the case?  I did wonder why people would have to go through syringing if the wax could just fall out of it's own accord! :unsure:  Also don't really understand why it can't be sucked out somehow...an ear shaped attachment for a brake vacuum bleeder maybe? :laugh: 

 

In other news, I don't like bleeding everywhere twice yesterday...first time in a shop, literally just touched a box with my left knuckle while picking up an item but felt it sting...few minutes later my hand feels wet and I look down to see I'm dripping claret on the floor of the shop...  Fortunately I carry clean loo roll everywhere with me for exactly this reason lol, but felt really ill and wobbly just from the sight of it!  The second time was very weird though, can't see how it happened at all...  Two weeks ago on a Friday night eating pizza I suddenly noticed blood all over my right hand, there's a tiny cut on one of my fingers somehow...really worried me as I couldn't understand where it came from.  Yet exactly 2 weeks later, Friday night eating pizza and the same thing happened again!  WTF!? 😮  I wondered if I'd cut myself on the pizza box but surely I'd have noticed that during the half hour it was in the oven...  :unsure:   I'll have to watch exactly what I do with the pizza next Friday night!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TomsFocus I think the unexpected bleeding happens to all of us. I have a red mark on my shoulder which I believe is caused by my heavy bag I carry. There have been times where I see a mark and wonder how that got there. 

Hopefully it's the wax in your ear that might be affecting your hearing. What happens is when you pick your ear you might push back the wax further inside which might cause a buildup. Hopefully it's not you blasting the music in your car or home 🤣

@jace1969 talking about the elderly I went and saw my great gran after some time and took some food my mum cooked. She was really happy to see me 😊. She lives with her son and his wife. Saw my uncle but aunty went abroad as her mum had passed away. Sat there for around an hour seeing what they were doing. She gave me £5 which I asked why to my uncle and he said she gives it to the children 😂

Few days before my parents went after a long time and she started crying to my dad saying your the eldest grandson and it's been this long since you've seen me. It would be good for more family to come as she just sits all day in the living room and that might not be good for her dementia. She said once she saw a ghost in her room. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

It's just hormones mate, sounds like you need some chocolate & ice cream. :wink: 

Seriously though,  just focus on your daughter & wife...sod the rest of them! :smile: 

I think Lenny has gone passed pubity age 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, iantt said:

£276 for a Mk7 fiesta front seat back cushion cover!! 

Was going to look at a fiesta for my daughter and description/ photo showed a damaged cover. Car was overpriced in the first place without spending that much on a cover. Will give that car a miss. 

We need a 'shocked' reaction on here!  Sad or confused just doesn't cut it for new parts prices lol. 😮 

Surely there must be thousands of Fiesta seats in scrap yards though?  Could be a good bartering tool!  Though I guess there are thousands of Fiestas for sale as well so not worth the hassle lol.

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus I think the unexpected bleeding happens to all of us. I have a red mark on my shoulder which I believe is caused by my heavy bag I carry. There have been times where I see a mark and wonder how that got there. 

Hopefully it's the wax in your ear that might be affecting your hearing. What happens is when you pick your ear you might push back the wax further inside which might cause a buildup. Hopefully it's not you blasting the music in your car or home 🤣

 

Yeah I'm hoping once the wax goes that will be the end of it.  It started as an allergy thing last year though (eustachian tube not draining properly) so just won't know until the wax has gone.  Lol, I don't blast music at all, hate loud noises! :laugh:  

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

I think Lenny has gone passed pubity age 😂

Sounds like he's somewhere between puberty and menopause tbh… :tongue: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

 😮Sounds like he's somewhere between puberty and menopause tbh… :tongue: 

You better hope he don't see that 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus I think the unexpected bleeding happens to all of us. I have a red mark on my shoulder which I believe is caused by my heavy bag I carry. There have been times where I see a mark and wonder how that got there. 

Hopefully it's the wax in your ear that might be affecting your hearing. What happens is when you pick your ear you might push back the wax further inside which might cause a buildup. Hopefully it's not you blasting the music in your car or home 🤣

@jace1969 talking about the elderly I went and saw my great gran after some time and took some food my mum cooked. She was really happy to see me 😊. She lives with her son and his wife. Saw my uncle but aunty went abroad as her mum had passed away. Sat there for around an hour seeing what they were doing. She gave me £5 which I asked why to my uncle and he said she gives it to the children 😂

Few days before my parents went after a long time and she started crying to my dad saying your the eldest grandson and it's been this long since you've seen me. It would be good for more family to come as she just sits all day in the living room and that might not be good for her dementia. She said once she saw a ghost in her room. 

 

Zane611 that's great,i think its so caring when a person can see the time just to see a elderly person and it make there day if not week as they cant see a lot these days,good on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sounds like he's somewhere between puberty and menopause tbh… :tongue: 

 

You better hope he don't see that

I might as well be 50 as my circumstances wont change between now and then, I'm 34 but menopause wont affect me since I've brought it on early two years ago had a vasectomy, 

Just feeling sorry for myself as I'm having to pay €600+ for a meal which none of my own family will be at; and some of the people whom will be there don't like me at all doing have there own house or family but have this idea of how to live life in your situation and have no problems voicing there ideas on you. 

The wife tolerates them and entertains instead of putting them straight but I cant stand listening to them.

For example her sister is now looking for a house to purchase with her boyfriends inheritance money, proper enterprise relationship, and although we already went through purchasing a home; she's telling the wife how things go when looking and buying a home.

Hello we bought one, we could tell you ya ####### sorry

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

Zane611 that's great,i think its so caring when a person can see the time just to see a elderly person and it make there day if not week as they cant see a lot these days,good on you.

+1 @zane611 I used to enjoy time spent with my grandmother, doing jobs she couldn't and listening to stories, 

She passed away in 2001 I still miss the chats from time to time and wonder what she would think of me now as I left home a year after she passed but I'm settled now with my own family many miles away,

I wonder if she would hate me for that or be proud that I ventured to the unknown but achieved normal living life, could have gone the opposite way and I'd been on drugs and homeless.

But anyway; I feel there wisdom keeps us on the straight and narrow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like that my head was muddled this morning in work; when going for breakfast rolls as I do every third Saturday.

But today I ordered one less than I should have; which left me without anything to eat as I gave mine to the guy which I forgot about.

Also don't like that my fridge at home is leaking air, the back of it has cracked as I poured so hot water down the hole.

20190323_171020.thumb.jpg.d7837674f549bb380a6bee4574f54574.jpg

20190323_171016.thumb.jpg.a674fd921d16321e04ec72b181a68173.jpg

It's a 5ft tall two door one on to of the other; half fridge half freezer, the motor is running almost all of the time now meaning it will increase the electricity bill, 

I need to purchase a new replacement soon, it is 15 years old though.

Freezer is frosting up too

20190323_171031.thumb.jpg.e27b818a9330dfe096c5740fa65ace1a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I don't like that my head was muddled this morning in work; when going for breakfast rolls as I do every third Saturday.

But today I ordered one less than I should have; which left me without anything to eat as I gave mine to the guy which I forgot about.

Also don't like that my fridge at home is leaking air, the back of it has cracked as I poured so hot water down the hole.

20190323_171020.thumb.jpg.d7837674f549bb380a6bee4574f54574.jpg

20190323_171016.thumb.jpg.a674fd921d16321e04ec72b181a68173.jpg

It's a 5ft tall two door one on to of the other; half fridge half freezer, the motor is running almost all of the time now meaning it will increase the electricity bill, 

I need to purchase a new replacement soon, it is 15 years old though.

Freezer is frosting up too

20190323_171031.thumb.jpg.e27b818a9330dfe096c5740fa65ace1a.jpg

you need to get a frost free there so much better no messing about defrosting :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dezwez said:

you need to get a frost free there so much better no messing about defrosting :smile:

Shows how broken this one is mate 😅

It's supposed to be frost free 😂 has elements on each shelf but need a hammer to pull out the drawers,

The fridge is staying on longer so the freezer is on overtime 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.