MattDRX

Things I Don't Like

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, WES180 said:

Ah, so that must be why the electrician turned up 2 hours late in work then after me specifically stating they need to be there at 8am so I can show them round before I leave site. 🤬

Could be worse; I got sent this image from home of our bedroom TV 

IMG-20190401-WA0004.thumb.jpg.23800608ccc29eef68a4813b8f14c248.jpg

Seems its April fools though 😳

IMG-20190401-WA0007.thumb.jpg.5751258e3d1fb2da3a4bc3bd0bf24483.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

My daughter just drove round to see me in her new car she bought ( 13 plate red fiesta) only on Friday night. Tonight someone pulled out of a junction into the front wing of her car, and then drove off!! They looked at my daughter knowing what they had done and sped away. Well when she meant sped away , I'm not sure that would be the case in a 66 plate sangyoung Tivoli. My daughter's friend managed to get reg number not that I think that will before any use. Can't see the police chasing that up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, I think they can. It is an offence to not report an RTC within 24 hours where damage has occured to any vehicle, even if no one is injured. 
The police would be able to check PNC for keeper and driver details and then check said vehicle for damage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't like me having 3 Ferraris , 1 lambo, 1 Aston Martin to mot. Nightmare getting them on ramp and jacked up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, iantt said:

Don't like me having 3 Ferraris , 1 lambo, 1 Aston Martin to mot. Nightmare getting them on ramp and jacked up. 

Take them all on a test drive 😂. Occasionally when one of my dads friends drops their car off for my dad to fix I might take the car out. The house garage is at the back of the house in a alleyway so not driving it in public roads. Once took out a Nissan 370Z.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, iantt said:

My daughter just drove round to see me in her new car she bought ( 13 plate red fiesta) only on Friday night. Tonight someone pulled out of a junction into the front wing of her car, and then drove off!! They looked at my daughter knowing what they had done and sped away. Well when she meant sped away , I'm not sure that would be the case in a 66 plate sangyoung Tivoli. My daughter's friend managed to get reg number not that I think that will before any use. Can't see the police chasing that up. 

At least she got the reg. Might be best you invest in a dash cam and fitting it in her car. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@iantt one of my dads friends has a zafira which he found had a blocked DPF. We found it odd as its reading around 60 - 70k miles. Found that in 2010 the mileage was cut back by 20k. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The offence can result in an instant driving ban, but in normal circumstances, they could expect a means tested fine up to £2,500 and between 5 and 10 penalty points. In extremely serious cases, punishment can include community service, a curfew order or a prison sentence.

 

Their obligation to report the matter to their insurance company is contractual between them and their insurers. However, if they choose not to report the matter promptly, their insurers can refuse to indemnify them in relation to any claim that they wish to make or is made against them, particularly if the insurers believe their position has been prejudiced.

 

In any case, your daughter needs to report it to your local Force and her insurance company asap, the other driver may try reporting her and push the blame her way plus try it on for injury compensation.

 

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, iantt said:

Don't like me having 3 Ferraris , 1 lambo, 1 Aston Martin to mot. Nightmare getting them on ramp and jacked up. 

All in one day!?  😮  Have you changed jobs again?

Presumably they all passed with a massive wad of cash left on the passenger seat... :wink: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a limited edition Aston Martin a

Vantage  lle man's in now, same mileage for last 4 Mots. Trailered each year to testing station. 

IMG_20190402_112423.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, iantt said:

Got a limited edition Aston Martin a

Vantage  lle man's in now, same mileage for last 4 Mots. Trailered each year to testing station. 

IMG_20190402_112423.jpg

Very nice!! 😮 Why go to the hassle of MOTing it if they don't use it though? :unsure: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea, just been told the current value of the car. Have a guess or 2 anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, iantt said:

No idea, just been told the current value of the car. Have a guess or 2 anyone?

35k?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, iantt said:

just been told the current value of the car. Have a guess or 2 anyone?

If it is tip top showroom condition, and a rare model, I suspect £150k or more.

Just kept as an investment by the sound of it, or maybe to trailer off to shows. The owner probably just wants the MoT to be able to say it is roadworthy to his (I bet he is a he!) chums. Or to be able to sell it if the right offer suddenly comes along.

I can't really understand it, looking after and worrying about all that value would make me ill!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, zain611 said:

35k?

I'm gonna guess at least 3 times that... 😮

 

9 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Just kept as an investment by the sound of it, or maybe to trailer off to shows. The owner probably just wants the MoT to be able to say it is roadworthy to his (I bet he is a he!) chums. Or to be able to sell it if the right offer suddenly comes along.

I can't really understand it, looking after and worrying about all that value would make me ill!

I can understand storing it in a (very!) secure location as a retirement investment...but trailering it to MOT every year would be more than I could cope with! :laugh:  There's absolutely no way I'd take it to a show either, seen far too many cars get damaged at shows. :sad:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

If it is tip top showroom condition, and a rare model, I suspect £150k or more.

Just kept as an investment by the sound of it, or maybe to trailer off to shows. The owner probably just wants the MoT to be able to say it is roadworthy to his (I bet he is a he!) chums. Or to be able to sell it if the right offer suddenly comes along.

I can't really understand it, looking after and worrying about all that value would make me ill!

Your closer but still way off. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's a V600 Le Mans Coupe then between £250k and £500k going by the AM pre-owned website...

 

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TimST2 said:

If it's a V600 Le Mans Coupe then between £250k and £500k going by the AM pre-owned website...

 

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

We got a winner. Lol. £400k 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

If it's a V600 Le Mans Coupe then between £250k and £500k going by the AM pre-owned website...

 

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Guessing games have been ruined the internet... :laugh: 

Just now, iantt said:

We got a winner. Lol. £400k 

Oh wow! 😮  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Guessing games have been ruined the internet... :laugh: 

😋

I was just genuinely interested...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could by a house in London for around that much 😂. I once saw a Aston Martin DB5 at a wedding. I heard the owner is or was a rockstar and has several hotels. Man I'd just be happy driving fast cars for a living. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Could by a house in London for around that much 😂. I once saw a Aston Martin DB5 at a wedding. I heard the owner is or was a rockstar and has several hotels. Man I'd just be happy driving fast cars for a living. 

A house? More likely a flat in London.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently the Aston is unique.only one of a certain spec made . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

There's absolutely no way I'd take it to a show either, seen far too many cars get damaged at shows.

I can well believe it. All those people walking about, plus loading and unloading, and that is without adding in malicious damage, which must happen from time to time. Very scary to think a little scratch could knock maybe £10,000 off the value.

At least I don't have that worry :laugh:. One more scratch would make no difference whatever to the value of my old heap. It works, and I like it, but the guessing game for the commercial value of it would be pretty easy. How close to zero can you get!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tdci-Peter said:

At least I don't have that worry :laugh:. One more scratch would make no difference whatever to the value of my old heap. It works, and I like it, but the guessing game for the commercial value of it would be pretty easy. How close to zero can you get!

Lol 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.