Top Posters In This Topic

• jmurray01

• TomsFocus

• GMX

• zain611

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

wtf!!! that was a lucky escape, when you said about parking the merc up off road due to mot running out, i wasnt expecting that. i would cancel the mot booking though. glad to here your ok.

Had some tool in a bronze coloured, 20 plate Suzuki Swift go flying past me on the inside lane this evening while I was going 70 in my work car. He shortly slammed the anchors on due to two cars in fr

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I hadn't noticed they'd reduced it to 3 days - I'm sure it used to be 7? Another cost cutting measure?

once had a competitive quote from Ford Insure about 10 years ago. I've tried them since when I've bought a Ford and they just seemed to be taking the p*ss - didn't seem to understand that the "benefits"  didn't make up for the ludicrous premium they quoted.

Maybe you do get 7 with a new car, I only got 3 with the used purchase and assumed it to be the same.  Well technically I only got 2 as the dealer got the date wrong. :rolleyes:

The premium seemed perfectly reasonable for me on the comparison sites.  Maybe that explains the switch to EUI if no one was paying the high premiums before!

31 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Maybe you do get 7 with a new car, I only got 3 with the used purchase and assumed it to be the same.  Well technically I only got 2 as the dealer got the date wrong. :rolleyes:

Lol, no I checked the Ford website after my previous post in case I was dreaming, but no, it's 3 (new or used) now. Except for you, of course!😃

I don't like being made fun of yesterday in my local Tesco, 

I wear latex gloves when out which reduces my risk of contracting the virus aswell as saves my hands from so much sanitizer, 

Anyway; Im in South East of Ireland, the staff member on the customer service desk; said there's no sign of snow yet but here comes Elsa, 

Indicating that my blue gloves were making me look like a Disney Princess, 😐

6 hours ago, BigLen said:

I wear latex gloves when out which reduces my risk of contracting the virus aswell as saves my hands from so much sanitizer, 

Anyway; Im in South East of Ireland, the staff member on the customer service desk; said there's no sign of snow yet but here comes Elsa, 

Indicating that my blue gloves were making me look like a Disney Princess, 😐

I can imagine that the person who said this probably used that joke a thousand times before, and it is probably getting stale.

This type of person is obviously the kind that cannot take things seriously even when there lives depended on it. In all fairness they may use this type of behaviour to make themselves feel better due to some personal issues they have.

9 hours ago, BigLen said:

I suppose things like this often depend on how it was said and how you take it at the time.

We often have a laugh and a joke with the staff in our local Tesco, unlike the nearest Morrison's where the staff are pretty miserable.

Daren't show my Mrs this topic though - she often wears blue latex gloves while shopping during the current situation - and no-one's ever said she looks like a Disney Princess!😃

On 2/11/2021 at 5:59 PM, TomsFocus said:

Just paid my January electric bill...  £120 for one month!  😳 

Oof makes me wonder about the living costs here in London. In my area to rent a one or two bed flat it's about £1000 to £1200 a month. Add say £200 on top from bills your looking at £1200 to 1400 a month. Would be hard to believe people in my age group being able to save for a house whilst living on rent here

30 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Oof makes me wonder about the living costs here in London. In my area to rent a one or two bed flat it's about £1000 to £1200 a month. Add say £200 on top from bills your looking at £1200 to 1400 a month. Would be hard to believe people in my age group being able to save for a house whilst living on rent here

My electric bill's so expensive because everything's broken here. Inefficient electric heating that costs a huge amount to run but doesn't actually warm the rooms.  Overnight storage heater in the bathroom which is freezing by the evening and even on full whack only managed to get the bathroom to 16c max during the cold snap.  Windows and doors that might as well be left open for all the good closing them does. Broken cooker that seems to put more heat into the kitchen than the food so has to be on for longer than it should.  And I'm not allowed to change to a cheaper company either.

Seeing as this is the the don't like thread...  I don't like that I still can't find any understanding landlords after 6 months trying...  I've got more than enough income to afford a more suitable place now but they just don't want people like me in thier properties and keep coming up with more excuses and loopholes to keep us out.

It's so frustrating as being here is making my health worse...and the only hope I've been clinging on to is moving somewhere more suitable.  But it just doesn't seem likely at all now. :sad:

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

My electric bill's so expensive because everything's broken here. Inefficient electric heating that costs a huge amount to run but doesn't actually warm the rooms.  Overnight storage heater in the bathroom which is freezing by the evening and even on full whack only managed to get the bathroom to 16c max during the cold snap.  Windows and doors that might as well be left open for all the good closing them does. Broken cooker that seems to put more heat into the kitchen than the food so has to be on for longer than it should.  And I'm not allowed to change to a cheaper company either.

Seeing as this is the the don't like thread...  I don't like that I still can't find any understanding landlords after 6 months trying...  I've got more than enough income to afford a more suitable place now but they just don't want people like me in thier properties and keep coming up with more excuses and loopholes to keep us out.

It's so frustrating as being here is making my health worse...and the only hope I've been clinging on to is moving somewhere more suitable.  But it just doesn't seem likely at all now. :sad:

From what I could tell in the estate agent im training in, the lettings side of things are active. Seems like though landlords are being racist and not letting certain people in their properties. One landlord said to a colleague don't let no gypsies in the property.

It does take time and I'm sure your not a troublesome tenant.

Best being patient, you don't know what's planned for you 👍. I try and keep this saying in my head especially at the moment with mum disagreeing with my choice going into the financial sector than the science one. Could be god's way of showing me this career and that it might be better for me.

When you get a knocking noise for a few days and cant find anything wrong.

Went up our local shop early morning 5min drive all fine, reverse back and heard a loud bang so went a small ride and when i went over bumps i could hear like something loose so checked all over and all fine even on the jack.

Used it going slow for 2 days then all of a sudden i heard like a few bangs under the car and like a foot long thing flew out so must of been stuck under the front somewhere but all fine now,went back to try and find it but no luck.

2 days driving me mad and thinking my car is falling apart LOL.

4 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

Went up our local shop early morning 5min drive all fine, reverse back and heard a loud bang so went a small ride and when i went over bumps i could hear like something loose so checked all over and all fine even on the jack.

Used it going slow for 2 days then all of a sudden i heard like a few bangs under the car and like a foot long thing flew out so must of been stuck under the front somewhere but all fine now,went back to try and find it but no luck.

Been to Dover/ Calais recently? Perhaps what fallen should have been who fell out, and he/she ran off. 

He was knocking for help entangled in your suspension. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

On the plus side, at least you found the problem!  I've had this for months lol!  Was fully expecting the MOT to find a snapped spring or worn droplink or something back in December but passed no advisories...

For the first 5 minutes or so driving it sounds like the NSF wheels going to fall off if I roll over any rough ground, especially with the wheel turned...  Yet 5 minutes in it goes silent and don't hear it again until the next cold start!  Genuinely wondered if I'm imagining it! :laugh: 

Don't like it's the first time I've had to book a car in for mot at a garage I don't work at. My daughters fiesta due mot and some idiot at work dropped a transit van on the headlamp beam testing equipment. Both came out rather damaged.. 

32 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

Didnt you see it when you checked the car on the jack??? What was it?

6 hours ago, mokes said:

Didnt you see it when you checked the car on the jack??? What was it?

This is what i didn't understand,i spent a good few hours with it on the jack and even taken the wheels off.

Got to be under the front somewhere or middle as it went under the car when it came out,i did think it was like a bracket what snapped and something loose but all fine now.

I have no USB port/SD card reader at my navi, my navi dont accept music via bluetooth, i cant swap my navi (blaupukt nx) with any other, there is only the West European countrys map, my power plug is in my arm rest compartment, and not anywhere near dashboard, the auxiliar plug is in glove box. 😢

On 2/16/2021 at 7:54 PM, zain611 said:

Could be god's way of showing me this career and that it might be better for me.

God has a plan for everyone, even when it doesn't seem to be so easy to see, he will guide us to a better way.

11 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

On the plus side, at least you found the problem!  I've had this for months lol!  Was fully expecting the MOT to find a snapped spring or worn droplink or something back in December but passed no advisories...

For the first 5 minutes or so driving it sounds like the NSF wheels going to fall off if I roll over any rough ground, especially with the wheel turned...  Yet 5 minutes in it goes silent and don't hear it again until the next cold start!  Genuinely wondered if I'm imagining it! :laugh: 

Yeah, always best to wait until MOT time to confirm that your driving a dangerous car.

1 minute ago, FiestaForever said:

Does God need to sleep? Isn’t sleep a very human thing?

Certainly an Ian thing now I'm getting older. Sleep more than ever. Quite happy to sleep during the day too.