Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Things I Don't Like


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • jmurray01

    1520

  • TomsFocus

    1485

  • GMX

    1044

  • zain611

    917

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Don't like seeing my Chief Constable on the news tonight looking like a right scran bag. You need to turn the iron on before you press your shirts Boss. [emoji846] Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatal

Doing the washing up. Running out of bacon and the wife is at work so I have to go and get it myself.

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

My Xbox One is coming up to 6.5 years old now.

Old 360 RROD'd just outside of the 3 year warranty! :sad:

I still have the original xbox ( Black one ) in full working condition. In fact it's actually connected to the TV. 

Also have the Mega drive that still works but had to purchase an RF adapter as the original one refused to work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like having pulled 'something' on Tuesday and it still twinging everyone I eat, drink, sit down or hit bumps in the car today.

It's between my ribs and leg...thought it was a new 'digestive' issue as I was in the bathroom when it first happened but now I'm wondering if it's a muscle? What would that one be?  Do I even have abs? :laugh:

Don't suppose there's anything I can do buy wait, but it's very annoying!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like having pulled 'something' on Tuesday and it still twinging everyone I eat, drink, sit down or hit bumps in the car today.

It's between my ribs and leg...thought it was a new 'digestive' issue as I was in the bathroom when it first happened but now I'm wondering if it's a muscle? What would that one be?  Do I even have abs? :laugh:

Don't suppose there's anything I can do buy wait, but it's very annoying!

At least your car's got abs. 😂😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

I went in my 2019 Fiesta and I looked at the radio and noticed the clock was ten minutes slow and the radio would not turn off and even when it said audio off so I called the dealership and said turn the car off and leave it an hour but it suddenly started working again. I so hate this car it's had more faults than all my other cars put together.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2021 at 6:54 PM, Turvey said:

I don't like coming across an old car of ours today! 

You may laugh, but we have 4 kids spanning 6 or so years so our choices were limited, and they were aged from about 6 upwards at the time. Apart from being a bit cumbersome it was a comfy old thing to drive, absolutely solid.

Strange thing is that the MOT ran out a few years ago but it's still taxed! 🤔🤷

 

 

IMG_20210318_093334314.jpg

did you ever think of putting some windows in it over the six years of ownership?

must have had some great warm jackets, 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last log book was issued after the MOT ran out...but doesn't coincide with the month that the tax expires which is odd. 

Presumably it's been stolen (I hope cars generally don't look like that there!) and the owner hasn't cancelled their recurring tax payment...  £330 a year and they aren't noticing it in their bank statements!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a hard few days for me. Great gran went into hospital on Wednesday with sepsis and sadly passed away on Friday. Yesterday managed to get the funeral arranged and saw her face one more time before she got buried. Used to visit her sometimes and talk to her and my uncle and aunty who lived with her. Covid stopped me from going and I feel that isolation she had being bed bound for a year made her dementia worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Last log book was issued after the MOT ran out...but doesn't coincide with the month that the tax expires which is odd. 

Presumably it's been stolen (I hope cars generally don't look like that there!) and the owner hasn't cancelled their recurring tax payment...  £330 a year and they aren't noticing it in their bank statements!!

Don't think it's been stolen! Things like that don't happen too much up here... thankfully. 

 

More likely that they've not noticed the payment coming out of the bank. 

 

Chap I was working with when I saw it said he heard it had broken down (n/s rear suspension broke) and was towed/lifted there by loadall and has been there for a couple of years. We actually had the windows professionally tinted in Glasgow when we went down on holiday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Don't think it's been stolen! Things like that don't happen too much up here... thankfully. 

 

More likely that they've not noticed the payment coming out of the bank. 

 

Chap I was working with when I saw it said he heard it had broken down (n/s rear suspension broke) and was towed/lifted there by loadall and has been there for a couple of years. We actually had the windows professionally tinted in Glasgow when we went down on holiday. 

How odd.  If it was mine I'd have scrapped it as soon as I knew it wasn't going back on the road.  I don't like anything looking untidy though! :laugh: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Been a hard few days for me. Great gran went into hospital on Wednesday with sepsis and sadly passed away on Friday. Yesterday managed to get the funeral arranged and saw her face one more time before she got buried. Used to visit her sometimes and talk to her and my uncle and aunty who lived with her. Covid stopped me from going and I feel that isolation she had being bed bound for a year made her dementia worse.

Sorry to hear that Zain.Being bed bound is a killer for sure.Destroys bones and all muscles including the heart rapidly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, williamweb said:

Sorry to hear that Zain.Being bed bound is a killer for sure.Destroys bones and all muscles including the heart rapidly.

Thank you and @Turvey 👍.

Yeah about a year or two ago she fell down and the doctors just said to make her bed bound. Wasn't good as she was just isolated in her bedroom with no TV or anything to keep her occupied. She had dementia which I think got worse due to that. I think to myself better she's gone now rather than her continue living that life isolated as I'd think you'd go insane. 

yeah her legs became like sticks as they withered away due to not being used since she became bed bound. I am thinking also if she had a stroke before she came into the hospital as her left eye was closed and seemed to only just move her right shoulder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

How odd.  If it was mine I'd have scrapped it as soon as I knew it wasn't going back on the road.  I don't like anything looking untidy though! :laugh: 

I don't think that where it's sitting is where the owner lives. It's just sitting beside the road next unused farm buildings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like being a Muppet! 🙄😆

 

Just spent 10 minutes or so trying to figure out why my steam cleaner/pressure washer wasn't heating. Every time I turned up the heat dial the pressure lowered and the burner didn't light!

After much head scratching I realised I was turning up the detergent instead of the heat! Muppet!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like that I've had the Focus a week now and my stomach still isn't getting on with it. :sad:

Now looking into what my options are regarding a return or exchange or anything.

If anyone would be interested in buying it (you won't get a factory build now) drop me a PM.  It's an Active X Vignale Edition, 155ps MHEV in Magnetic grey.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not good news at all Tom but it's only been a week or so (?) Other than give it a bit more time I don't know what to suggest other than perhaps a higher ride height might be the answer but that puts you into SUV territory 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Where next for you?

Honestly don't know...  

Even with the Active height I'm still getting 'jiggled' about a lot and even swayed (too much height possibly!) which seems to be the issue.  My old Golf is much smoother and the seats take out a lot of it as well.  Best way I can describe is I feel like I'm sat between the springs in the Golf, feel like I'm above the springs in the Focus...like sitting right over the wheel on a double decker.

Mk8 Golf would be the obvious choice but to get a reasonable comfort spec I'd have to have 17s...  Asked about extended test drives but they're not offering test drives at all atm.

Sadly none on Cazoo yet for a 14 day no hassle return...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Being able to get into the car and start the engine. Drive to work and park up. Get out of car and lock it up with the driver doors handle and then realise the keys are still inside the Faraday pouch in my pocket.....

Will be finding and checking the spare one tonight.

New pouches required.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2021 at 7:47 AM, Wino said:

Being able to get into the car and start the engine. Drive to work and park up. Get out of car and lock it up with the driver doors handle and then realise the keys are still inside the Faraday pouch in my pocket.....

Will be finding and checking the spare one tonight.

New pouches required.

Not dropped the spare key somewhere in the car and that's actually being picked up instead of the key in the Faraday pouch?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zico said:

Not dropped the spare key somewhere in the car and that's actually being picked up instead of the key in the faraday pouch?

No. Spare key is safely tucked away elsewhere. 

Tried the Faraday pouch the next morning just to be sure and it definitely let me drive off to work with the key still in the pouch in my pocket so when I returned home after work I went and swapped the Faraday pouch with another one and all is good so far. 

Will be ordering some more.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.






×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership