Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I wonder if liquid detergent is different nowadays....

My mum used Daz Powder, and that legacy has been passed on to me as I've always used it too. Using a 'liquid' would just seem strange to me LOL

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

My mum used Daz Powder, and that legacy has been passed on to me as I've always used it too. Using a 'liquid' would just seem strange to me LOL

I used to use powder when I first moved here but it made a hell of a mess in the detergent drawer and didn't always wash out fully on a 30c wash, not to mention being heavy to carry home from the supermarket.  So I switched to gel, but that made a mess trying to meter out the correct amount each time and the noise of the gel holder banging around the drum for the whole cycle wound me up no end!  So I then switched to gel pods.  So convenient to just toss a pod into the drum before the washing, no mess in the drawer, no messy fingers, no banging in the drum, small and light to lift and store.  I would prefer to keep using these pods, but the normal cycles on this machine are all too long for me for at the moment so will just be using the 'quick' wash in the short term, and considering a different detergent for that.

(Now, this is a potentially female discussion! :laugh: )

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

... not to mention being heavy to carry home from the supermarket. 

I always buy the 'big' box that does around 80+ washes, about 5Kg in weight. Yes, it's heavy but goes straight into my shopping trolley, then in car boot, then into utility room, so to be fair, I'm not lifting it that often. If you are carrying it home from the shop without car assistance, yes, that would be a critical factor!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I really don't want to risk gumming anything up internally though

Nothing worse than gummed-up internals 🤣.

• Haha 2

I was advised by my daughter not to use the dispenser drawer for powders or liquid, i throw some powder in the drum before loading, i use the Easy brand £5.00 a big box and its fine on my delicate skin lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

I was advised by my daughter not to use the dispenser drawer for powders or liquid...

I wonder if we should stop putting fuel into the tank, and just toss it straight into the cylinder head? 🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

I wonder if we should stop putting fuel into the tank, and just toss it straight into the cylinder head? 🤣

That'll certainly stop the injectors getting clogged up.  Save a fortune in Redex! :laugh: 

• Haha 3

Football 

Anyone else on the forums right now, or you all watching?

6 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Football 

After losing my bets on previous England games, I didn't bother putting one on today's game.  Personally I think they'll be lucky to draw at 90 minutes, but may be proven wrong...

9 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Football 

Watching an old rerun of TopGear - I hate football!

• Like 3

Watching clarksons farm season 3 as amazon gave me 1 month free trial yet again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Personally I think they'll be lucky to draw at 90 minutes, but may be proven wrong...

You were!😀

• Haha 2

Just now, Eric Bloodaxe said:

You were!😀

Yeah , just  had notification from sky news. 

Regards using gel pods in a washing machine. Dissolve them in a jug of hot water then pour that down the draw compartment. 

Same with a powder. Same with liquid.

I worked for Hotpoint for over 18 years a few decades ago and learnt some tricks of the trade.

Want to add more clothes to your wash? Easy. Add more water. As for a kevel for the water. When the cycle has stopped to go to reverse the water level should be clearly visible part way up the glass part of the door. 

My washer is a 8kg but I put over 10kg in. No problems or issues and the clobber comes out clean. 

Just use an extra spin cycle once or twice.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

You were!😀

Typical.  90th minute! :laugh: 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Typical.  90th minute! :laugh: 

If it was typical it would have been a penalty shoot out and we'd have missed. Anyway we knew they'd win because it was predicted by some mystic meerkats in a zoo apparently!😀

• Haha 1

Just now, Eric Bloodaxe said:

If it was typical it would have been a penalty shoot out and we'd have missed. Anyway we knew they'd win because it was predicted by some mystic meerkats in a zoo apparently!😀

I meant typical of my predictions! :laugh: 

Spain are looking like the bookies favourite on Sunday, will have to wait and see what the Meerkats say before I place any bets on that one. :wink: 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

it was predicted by some mystic meerkats in a zoo apparently!

I saw it predicted by a sealion on our local news :laugh:.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, mjt said:

I saw it predicted by a sealion on our local news :laugh:.

These psychic animals are taking all the tension out of it!😀

I just found out this morning that my foster mum who had the bleed on the brain 3 months ago is now back in hospital again and in critical condition. 
She's been admitted with sepsis and septic shock and has lost a lot of weight. 
She went into respite care last week at a care home nearby to aid with her recovery and now this happens. 

• Sad 6

On 7/11/2024 at 10:35 AM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

These psychic animals are taking all the tension out of it!😀

Apparently the Meerkats have now predicted an England win, but a close score.  Do I risk a tenner on the advice of some Meerkats? 🤔 :laugh: 

• Haha 1

Simples

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyway, back to my laundry issues... :rolleyes:  Has anyone bought a standalone tumble dryer recently?  Do the doors lock on them the same as washers now?  Or can you still stop and start them as necessary, and open the door to check dryness whenever you want?  From the pictures, they all seem to have various 'programs' and digital displays now.  I specifically want one that doesn't lock the door!

34 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Anyway, back to my laundry issues... :rolleyes:  Has anyone bought a standalone tumble dryer recently?  Do the doors lock on them the same as washers now?  Or can you still stop and start them as necessary, and open the door to check dryness whenever you want?  From the pictures, they all seem to have various 'programs' and digital displays now.  I specifically want one that doesn't lock the door!

My dryer is now 12 years old, but no, the door doesn't lock, and it's predecessor never locked either. Can't imagine why it would lock other than to stop a warm fluffy towel to drop on you! LOL Oh, as for 'programs', I haven't shifted that dial since new!

tumbledryer.thumb.jpg.7327b47ebb15da456de405d582928bfa.jpg

• Like 2

OMG I remember those dryers. I've handled 000's of them. You've done more than exceptionally well keeping hold of that. 

To my knowledge no tumble dryer locks its doors in a cycle. There was a reason but it escapes me. I've a Bush condenser type only a year old and it's door doesn't lock.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club