Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats Different About The Zetec S

PHILIP1193

Hi All,

I've just bought a Zetec S in red and love it, apart from the 34 mpg.

Anyway so i know the Zetec S has a body kit, has the blu-tooth calling, nice 18" alloys but what else is different over a non S model.

Is it lower with better springs for example, better engine?

Any info is appreciated.

Phil

p.s. this forum is a great resource of information :)

Main mechanical difference is sport suspension.

Not sure if it is lowered on your model, but it is definitely firmer than the other versions.

• Like 1

im assuming you have the mk 2.5 ?

I thought the only difference was cosmetics?

my Zetec has sports suspension as standard

so its from bumper, rear diffuser, side skirts, larger spoiler, alloy pedals, not sure what else, as the engine is identical to the others (except St/RS)

oh and different 16" wheels

if you have 18" ones, then you have the sports upgrade pack which includes 18" rims and privacy glass

I thought sport suspension was always unique to the the Zetec S...

Maybe not then :)

Nope, zetec has the sports suspension as well. though ive not worked out replacement part numbers yet, I think I need some new shocks but I cant see any that are listed as sport or firmer for this car

They changed it for the Mk3 then, Zetec S is definitely the only one with sports suspension in the range.

Yea Mark 2.5

Oh yea i forgot to add privacy glass to my original list. The suspension is nice, it isn't too hard.

I keep hearing good things about the handling of the car, yet to try it yet with all this crap weather.

Thanks for the replies all.

I thought the only difference was cosmetics?

my Zetec has sports suspension as standard

oh and different 16" wheels

if you have 18" ones, then you have the sports upgrade pack which includes 18" rims and privacy glass

The Mk2.5 Zetec S comes standard with 17" alloys,

Yeh, the 18" alloys & Privacy Glass are part of the optional 'Sport Pack'.

Nope, zetec has the sports suspension as well. though ive not worked out replacement part numbers yet, I think I need some new shocks but I cant see any that are listed as sport or firmer for this car

I knew Zetecs had firmer 'Sport' suspension than standard (LX etc),

But looking at the build list on my Zetec S it states 'Handling Suspension', most likely due to the larger wheels.

So what that means is anyone's guess, I'm guessing just a bit firmer than 'Sport'.

On my Mk2.5 Zetec S build list, it says the Shock Absorbers are 'Standard' (hope that helps).

A snip of my build list

With Standard Rear Shock Absorbers
17" Alloy Wheel Style 2
205/50R 17 89W BSW Tyres
Locking Wheel Nuts
With Handling Suspension

Zetec traditionally has sports suspension 15mm lower stiffer springs that's pretty much it was to tell as it can be a hard ride on bad roads however handling suspension its believed refers to cars with electro hydraulic assistance is 3 suspension settings sport comfort and standard all this is is the servo makes the steering heavier or lighter so shocks and springs are just normal

yeah, I can change my steering setting settings from sport , comfort or standard

I can't change my steering from the wheel, that's an ST and above feature I thought?

Does any one else find esp really annoying? I keep finding in the wet it's killing the revs and making the car jump a bit when you put the power down from first to second gear. In know you can turn it off. It any good any other time?

I also found it'll do 100 in fourth and pull all the way there (nearly red lined it), but impressive none the less in my book.

Interesting to also read the 18" wheels and glass are an add on, explains why some cars claiming to be sports didn't have it.

My dead Zetec MK2.5 estate has the option of sport, comfort etc on the dash.

Interesting, I don't get it, mines an 60 reg so one off the last ones.

Also is the zetec s meant to have an Eco mode? Mine doesn't.

Also is the zetec s meant to have an Eco mode? Mine doesn't.

eco mode is on the MK3 ?

I know that the titanium models don't have sports suspension, but when you add the sports pack you get the sports suspension as well as 18" rims, on the early titanium's you get privacy glass as standard, the late ones (2010/2011) you have to get the sports pack to get privacy glass, as for zetecs, I am sure they drop the sports suspension from 2010, not quite sure, ill check my broche

The boot definitely says about Eco mode but reading how it works it must be a top end feature as it says it reads traffic conditions.

Mines a Zetec 2010 mk2.5. It has sport, comfort & normal steering. And has sports suspension (listed as 'handling suspension' on Ford Etis)

Cheers, I'll take another look at it.

The book says it should be between messages and clock.

Between reading all the forums threads it seems there is some disparity between which cars (despite being the same models) get which features

Ok so I found it, turns out you can into change it when the car is stopped which makes sense.

Is there any suggestion which one to use?

I keep mine on standard (default)

so what about this eco mode did u find that ?

A lot of the features can only be changed/reset when the vehicle is stationary.

I have mine set to sport.....it's personal preference, just try each mode and see which you prefer. :)

I thought they all had this feature mine has but you can only see it when you are stationary anything over 5mph and the option disappears, same as when you are setting the clock over 5mph and the option goes away