Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Who Do I Complain To / How Long Did You Wait?

laumk7

I'm due my new car on Monday, and it's looking increasingly likely I'm not going to be getting it on time

The dealers have been fantastic, but say their hands are tied by ford, ford on the other hand are saying it's down to a different section of ford who the dealer is in direct touch with, and they won't give me the contact details for.

It honestly feels like I'm hitting my head up against a wall with it all, I just want my car

I don't even know if the car is in this country in compound or in the compound in Holland awaiting shipping

A friend of mine says her car was 2 weeks late and a friend of hers' car was a month late, she advised me to complain to ford, which I did and well, see above...

So, how long did you wait before you got your car? Was it on time or late? How late?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I work for a company in the Motor sector and coming up to plate change all dealerships are stuggling to get cars in on time.

What have you ordered? I know Kuga's are taking a lot longer than normal

• Like 1

TX..... ?

I'm scratching my head at that one!

My Focus was 1-2 weeks late, I forget how long now.

They knew it was on its way, but was just a case of waiting for it to turn up.

You just have to be patient, which I know from experience is difficult, when it could be any day :D

• Like 1

My 15 plate Focus ST 3 is running a week late a.t.m.

• Like 1

TX..... ?

I'm scratching my head at that one!

A Titanium X

Well I contacted my (poor old) dealership again, and they said ford registered 21,480 vehicles in January alone, so it's not personal, things are just taking time and to be patient, doesn't help though, Christ on a bike this is frustrating!

Is it usually like this? Or is March just especially bad as opposed to September?

March is always worse, company i work for did well over 30,000 cars in march last year

• Like 1

March is worse because residuals are stronger I belive

• Like 1

Reading some other threads there are also some recalls/service actions Ford are carrying out on some Fiestas which have already left the plant but not got to dealers yet. Could be that yours falls into this group of cars hence the further, unexpected delay.

• Like 1

The thing is dealers will say anything to shift the blame onto someone else. They should at least be able to tell you where the car is. Although I found when I was waiting for my car nearly a year ago they can't accurately tell you when the car will be delivered until a few days before.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club