Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help: Ford Focus 2006 1.6 Ti Pas Pump

kinkaito

Hi, Sorry for asking dumb questions:

My PAS Pump was gone on a 2006 Ti focus i just brought, (from a mk1..)

the machanic says the pump is a special type of "Metal" PAS pump, which isn't normally stocked, I'm going to admit, i know nothing about cars other then cleaning, so it's all new to me.

I've looked about, and the only "Types" i've seen are

This and this

What's the differance? both say they are for my car

Load of rubbish its a 2 port hydraulic pump with a 124mm pulley or number 4M513A69AD same as the 1.6 the cabriolet etc hers all the info you need mechanic doesn't have a clue clearly http://www.kimbercarparts.co.uk/Steering-Suspension/Steering-Boxes-Pumps/Ford/Focus/%7bAll%7d/1.6/2006/Parts.aspx

• Like 1

Load of rubbish its a 2 port hydraulic pump with a 124mm pulley or number 4M513A69AD same as the 1.6 the cabriolet etc hers all the info you need mechanic doesn't have a clue clearly http://www.kimbercarparts.co.uk/Steering-Suspension/Steering-Boxes-Pumps/Ford/Focus/%7bAll%7d/1.6/2006/Parts.aspx

Thank you very much, You've probably just saved me £160, Almost brought this

Assuming i'm looking at the correct one:

£111.92
Part Number: PUM1145
OE No 30714048, 4M513A696AD (I think you missed the last 6, can't find anything without the 6)
I'd just need to buy a sensor which shouldn't be hard to find at all (Possibly use my old one even, since my PAS pump only had its bearings go)
Side question: i notice you have a £111.92
Ford focus mk2 ti-vct, I assume thats the same as mine? (Assuming the TI stands for titanium) what would the vct stand for?
Thankfully
Paul

Ti vct twin independant variable cam timing not titanium lol

One last question before i go off to buy these parts:

I spoke to ford today: just to confirm everything before buying from that site (Which i love)

They told me because the bearing has gone inside my current pump. and has left metal shavings inside the liquid. that the Rack and pipes all need replacing too, as they are "Contaminated"

Can anyone confirm this or are they taking me for a ride?

I wouldn't replace the rack but the system will need flushed if the bearing has been like that for a while if there are metal shavings they will be visible in the oil even then the easiest methods to flush the system through with dome fresh hydraulic oil ..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club