Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

My potato mountain has been reduced to 46.5Kg, following the consumption of couple of jacket potatoes topped with fried eggs and crispy bacon.:smile:

Never seen egg on jacket potato before!  Cheese and bacon is a good one though! :biggrin:

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Never seen egg on jacket potato before!  Cheese and bacon is a good one though! :biggrin:

Eggs lend themselves to potato, the runny yolk mingles with soft potato flesh as you cut through it.:smile:

I almost did cheese and bacon but I had cheese based pasta bake yesterday

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ianb said:

I know my donuts! :lol:

I do like the custard filled cone shaped donuts that are sold by street vendors in Italy:smile:, made to order as you wait, never seen them here. 

They do custard filled round ones at Tesco bakery but they are a pale imitation of the Italian version

Few things on the list today; My subscription for building a Shelby Mustang has come through so those 2 parts are now sat on the table in the kitchen, we went to wilkos and brought some garden stuff & It's nearly Which although that means 3am start, if I pull my finger out, I'll be done by 10:30 then the rest of the day is my own

I do like cigarettes and alcohol.  The only things keeping me going right now!  Which is ironic, as the government would have us believe that they are the two main things that are killing us!

• Like 1

I do like cigarettes and alcohol.  The only things keeping me going right now!  Which is ironic, as the government would have us believe that they are the two main things that are killing us!

... Because they are... You can smoke and drink all you like, but don't be naive in thinking that it's government scaremongering...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GMX said:

Eggs lend themselves to potato, the runny yolk mingles with soft potato flesh as you cut through it.:smile:

I almost did cheese and bacon but I had cheese based pasta bake yesterday

I have cheese pretty much every day, cheese pizza, cheese pasta, cheese jacket potato, cheese quiche, not to mention low fat cathedral city in a roll for lunch.  Gonna have such bad cholesterol if I get old lol.

9 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Really?  I thought that was diesel particulates and processed meat... :tongue:

• Like 1

On the way to work this morning Absolute radio played David Bowie - Golden Years.  Never heard it before, needless to say it's been on repeat since I got home.  What an awesome tune, don't get music like this on Radio 1 rubbish

• Like 1

I should probably admit I kinda like my new phone after putting off buying on for months, tech has really moved on in 4 years lol.  Camera is great for a phone and things like 'ok google' where you just say stuff to it and it does it are pretty cool.  Also not had to charge it since Thursday afternoon and still over 50% battery left! 

• Like 2

I do like getting the bane of my life (pre-payment electric meter) removed on Wednesday morning.

• Like 1

I do like realising that we have covered 600 miles in the Fiat Punto and only put in a total of £60 of fuel over that time.  £60 would have got 1 full tank in the Nissan and that would barely cover 450 miles.

I do like tomorrow is Hawkstone MX day, yeeeesssssss!!! Looks like I'm pulling my finger out at work tomorrow

I do like that the weather forecast turned out to be wrong for this morning, the storm that was supposed to continuing all weekend: blew itself out last night:smile:

Brandy and I had long walk in the sunshine, albeit across muddy fields and along swollen rivers.

23 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I also like that ASDA have been reading FOC and using our ideas! :tongue:

http://your.asda.com/news-and-blogs/wonky-fruit-veg-boxes?platform=your_asda 

Lidl read car forums and quote what they've read in their in-store advertising, even when to the casual observer it make no sense why a Vauxhall owners club is endorsing Lidl cat food.  The poster of the cat food post even got paid by Lidl, so they could re-use his comments.  Which he in turn donated to Cats Protection

• Like 2

I do like knowing I currently have no outstanding balance to pay on my Snap On account!

• Like 2

I do like a brief visit to the shops for some essential supplies, a stop at Tesco to refuel at 99.9p per litre and then returning home to consume a few beers before tea. 

I like that sort of moment in life where instead of procrastinating or mulling something over, you just get off your rear end and do it. I actually cannot stand me and other people when we're in that "oh can someone else do it. moanmoanmoan" mood.

• Like 1

Had a good day today at the MotoX despite all 3 kids moaning(Cheryl is the 3rd, been moaning since I got home).  I'd like to agree with you Ian & I would probably be in a totally different place if I didn't procrastinate, or at least my shed would of been built by now lol

Unexpectedly winning £25 on the lotto happy days!! 

• Like 2

Had a good day today at the MotoX despite all 3 kids moaning(Cheryl is the 3rd, been moaning since I got home).  I'd like to agree with you Ian & I would probably be in a totally different place if I didn't procrastinate, or at least my shed would of been built by now lol

Haha, I think certain things are ok to procrastinate about (within reason), the weather is awful, it's cold wet and windy, so perhaps not optimum shed building conditions, but I find when people procrastinate about things that are hindered ONLY by sheer laziness, it grinds my gears - especially when I am currently having a holier than thou moment!

2 hours ago, Ianb said:

Haha, I think certain things are ok to procrastinate about (within reason), the weather is awful, it's cold wet and windy, so perhaps not optimum shed building conditions, but I find when people procrastinate about things that are hindered ONLY by sheer laziness, it grinds my gears - especially when I am currently having a holier than thou moment!

It annoys me as well but I can't help but do it also lol.  Always seem to want to make an excuse, then regret not doing it later.  Apparently the mind prefers instant gratification rather than short term pain, long term gain.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club