Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like discovering the other day that the Focus has a heated windscreen!  I was parked and looking into the distance when I noticed some strange vertical lines going through the screen, and then realised it had that feature. 

Our LX didn't, so it'll be interesting to see how effective it is when the frosty mornings arrive.  Without it I had to idle the engine for at least 10 minutes with the blower on to defrost the window, which was a bit of a problem when I was in a rush, so if the heating elements speed the process up then that would be good. 

Having said that, I'd still insist on running the engine for at least five minutes before driving off in below 3*C.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Ah, I have seen them.  My local Tesco usually has a good stock available, but I normally just go for the value rolls! 

The value rolls seem to sell out quicker here than the frequently sold out 24pk ones, I think I've ever seen them in stock a couple of times.

The 8p per 100 sheets unit cost is probably why

26 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like discovering the other day that the Focus has a heated windscreen!  I was parked and looking into the distance when I noticed some strange vertical lines going through the screen, and then realised it had that feature. 

I think it was a factory fitted option on Zetec and standard on Ghia and Titanium

1 hour ago, GMX said:

I think it was a factory fitted option on Zetec and standard on Ghia and Titanium

You are probably right.  I doubt it was even an option on the LX, and definitely not on the CL.

• Like 1

Yeah, QuickClear has always been standard on Zetec and up.   It's really good for even harsh ice, honestly takes seconds to melt it then it just wipes off.  I haven't carried an ice scraper or de-icer since getting the Focus.  Also works well on condensation when you get in with a wet coat and the window fogs over just as you drive off lol.

IMAG5452_zpstzijteqt.jpg

As for the toilet rolls, 'value' ones are a false economy.  You need 3 times as much as the regular own brands to avoid an impromptu prostate exam! :ohmy: 

• Like 4

I do like the fact the school holidays are over. All is quite on the western front. No more screaming kids outside all day long. That i can get my car in and out of my drive without having to remove lots of children out of the way.

I do like that Brandy bounded down the stairs this morning like she used to, and went off for her morning ablutions in the garden with a spring in her step:smile:

There's little sign of of the unsteady awkward gait and the falling rear end, that she had last week.:smile:

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

eah, QuickClear has always been standard on Zetec and up.   It's really good for even harsh ice, honestly takes seconds to melt it then it just wipes off.  I haven't carried an ice scraper or de-icer since getting the Focus.  Also works well on condensation when you get in with a wet coat and the window fogs over just as you drive off lol.

Quickclear is particularly useful when you have had a long walk in driving rain with your dog, not only do you have a wet coat, she has drenched fur and her post walk panting increases the fogging rate even faster.:smile:

You can get rid of it even faster with air con on.:smile:

I haven't tried it yet with 5 wet dogs (Brandy, 2 Standard Poodles,a collie and a jack russell) for comparison without QuickClear, it took about half an hour in the Peugeot 406 (with climate control) to get the windows defogged enough to drive home.:laugh:

• Like 2

I do like with each dose of her medicine, Brandy is more and more agile.:smile:

When I was sorting out the cat's breakfasts, Brandy was bouncing about on her rear paws with her tail as a counter balance; not unlike a kangaroo, in anticipation of her forthcoming medicinal sardine with a little salmon oil drizzled over the top.:laugh:

• Like 2

I do like the fact that my driving test is tomorrow morning! With luck I'll be on my way to freedom by 9am tomorrow morning...

I'll also be able to see my car more as it'll be parked in the school carpark, in the middle of the campus :laugh:

• Like 3

I do like being able to get a vet's appointment for Bunty within half an hour of phoning them (see the "I don't like thread for the reason") at the satellite clinic which is only about ½ mile down the road.:smile: 

I usually use the satellite clinic for the cats, Brandy is accustomed to car travel: they are not

I also liked finding a space in the very tiny vet's car park (5 spaces including the 3 spaces for patients!:ohmy:), which meant Brandy could remain in the Mk1 Focus with all the windows open, watching other patients come and go, whilst I took Bunty inside. 

1 minute ago, chrisroberson99 said:

I do like the fact that my driving test is tomorrow morning! With luck I'll be on my way to freedom by 9am tomorrow morning...

Good luck Chris:smile:

• Like 1

I do like my new tyres!!  Even if they did take 3 hours to fit and have the alignment done...

WP_20160907_15_42_56_Pro.jpgWP_20160907_15_42_59_Pro.jpg

Don't like the mess they made on my alloys though!!  Going to have to clean those off when I next have some spare time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisroberson99 said:

I'll also be able to see my car more as it'll be parked in the school carpark, in the middle of the campus :laugh:

Good luck Chris!  Let us know what happens.

Thank you both.

Had a practice test tonight on a test route, failed but they were 'only' not checking my side mirror once when changing lane and being in the wrong lane on a roundabout. I have learnt from those mistakes so hopefully I'll be OK tomorrow. 

Well if I fail, I'll take kit again! Not the end of the world really.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Thank you both.

Had a practice test tonight on a test route, failed but they were 'only' not checking my side mirror once when changing lane and being in the wrong lane on a roundabout. I have learnt from those mistakes so hopefully I'll be OK tomorrow. 

Well if I fail, I'll take kit again! Not the end of the world really.

That is the right attitude.  Nothing you can do either way, so just do your best and accept the result.

Doing it in the Focus already gives you an advantage!!  Just think of those poor buggers who have to do their tests in Vauxhalls... :unsure:

Lol that's true! Also spoke to one of my friends who passed (he has a nice 65 plate Fez Titanium) and he said the real thing was a lot less pressure than having his driving instructor there, and his instructor was his dad!! :laugh:

Made me feel less stressed than earlier...what happens will happen!

11 hours ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Good luck fella! Keep us posted!

• Like 1

Thanks guys! 

This picture explains itself I think!

20160908_100229.jpg

• Like 9

Well done matey. Not get a fiesta st

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks! I got 5 which I don't is too bad. Got 1 pulling into the test centre as I cut the corner! :laugh:

I'm so relieved, I felt very unwell before the test from the nerves!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Thanks! I got 5 which I don't is too bad. Got 1 pulling into the test centre as I cut the corner! :laugh:

I'm so relieved, I felt very unwell before the test from the nerves!

Not bad mate! Well done fella! It is a relief isn't it!? 

Saying that, when I took mine, I was pretty calm all way round, I guess everybody is different though. 

Im quite a laid back Larry though.... You drove your focus yet?😉

• Like 1

Well Done Chris:smile:

I've just returned from the vet's, this time for Brandy follow up appointment.  Due to her a rapid improvement her current  anti-inflammatory medicine dose, he's modified it, so she has one week on it: followed by one week off it.  Essentially having a her dosage reduced by half or medicine holiday week, every other week.  She's been added to the repeat prescription list, so I can just get more as she needs it, without having to see him (or another vet) first.

Although he did say, she might need to revert to having it all the time during the wet and cold months, as in theory, arthritic pain is worse in the cold and damp.  She has her next review appointment in December.

Brandy is getting very laid back in the waiting room, gone are her days of angst about being in the vets.  She curled up and snoozed  She didn't even raise an ear at the rather nervous Mastiff who was growling at all the other dog patients!

36 minutes ago, Cookey09 said:

.... You drove your focus yet?😉

He's probably driving around Surrey in it now:laugh:

• Like 2

Well done Chris.

Now the real learning begins.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 3

Cheers guys, much appreciated.

Yes I drove to school on my own this morning, only 3 miles and I know the road I've the back of my hand,  so not an issue. Won't be going much further than that on my own for a few days!:cool:

Got a trip up to Oxford next weekend, but I'll have my mum with me. :smile:

So nice to not have those blasted L plates on my car anymore!!

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club