Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

2 hours ago, Ken.K said:

Yes mate, you'll need to sort the headlights, the stickers are probably the job, rather than faffing with the levels...

Make sure you have a yellow jacket for each of the passengers and yourself, spare bulb kit, um you need breathalysers too! I think a red triangle, but not 100% on that... Also, if you get in your car in France, put seatbelts on before even starting the car...if I think of anything else I'll post. :)

7 minutes ago, Ianb said:

Yes mate, you'll need to sort the headlights, the stickers are probably the job, rather than faffing with the levels...

Make sure you have a yellow jacket for each of the passengers and yourself, spare bulb kit, um you need breathalysers too! I think a red triangle, but not 100% on that... Also, if you get in your car in France, put seatbelts on before even starting the car...if I think of anything else I'll post. :)

Why in God's name would you need breathalysers!? :ermm:

5 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Why in God's name would you need breathalysers!? :ermm:

I think its the law over there my son is a lorry driver and he had to carry one

legal requirement to have 2 approved breathalysers in france so im told

• Like 1

Breathalyse yourself I guess and do not drive. Lol

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Just now, Ken.K said:

That's right :smile:

3 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

If you suspect you are over the limit then instead of breathalysing yourself you just shouldn't drive, and if you do drive and are over the limit then you will be arrested.  Simple as that.  Not sure why the need for drivers to carry their own breathalysers, unless the police don't bother pulling people over and just assume everybody is genuine and honest?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jmurray01 said:

If you suspect you are over the limit then instead of breathalysing yourself you just shouldn't drive! 

Many do 

3 minutes ago, dezwez said:

Many do 

But those people are the sort that would drive regardless of what a breathalyser said, so it really boggles my mind what good the police think they are doing by mandating drivers to have breathalysers in their vehicles.

Also I think you then have no excuse to say oh I did not know I was over the limit

20 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Also I think you then have no excuse to say oh I did not know I was over the limit

I also think people that think there not over the limit  shows them they are :smile: 

16 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Perhaps... 

I think they also wont let you use speed camera detectors as well 

heard that somewhere. 

:smile:

• Like 3

I think they also wont let you use speed camera detectors as well 
heard that somewhere. 
smile.png

So that rules out waze then. Although I have another app for that that goes as an overlay. So can switch it off easily

Yeh Jamie, the law, basically so people know where they stand. It's nit a bad thing for law abiding folk. Crim's gonna crim so doesn't count, but if you go for a meal have a couple glasses of wine and think you're gonna drive home, quick puff and you'll know if you're good to go, or maybe need another dessert and coffee and try again in an hour or so...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ianb said:

Yeh Jamie, the law, basically so people know where they stand. It's nit a bad thing for law abiding folk. Crim's gonna crim so doesn't count, but if you go for a meal have a couple glasses of wine and think you're gonna drive home, quick puff and you'll know if you're good to go, or maybe need another dessert and coffee and try again in an hour or so...

Or maybe you need to just call a taxi!  If I go out somewhere I make a decision before I get there, to either avoid all alcohol and drive, or have a drink and get a lift/taxi home.  Even if you pass a breathalyser test, it doesn't mean you're not impaired.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Or maybe you need to just call a taxi!  If I go out somewhere I make a decision before I get there, to either avoid all alcohol and drive, or have a drink and get a lift/taxi home.  Even if you pass a breathalyser test, it doesn't mean you're not impaired.

IMG_20151223_094450_zpshqkygrpz.jpg

• Like 2

More likely to crash under the influence, but Jamie manages without alcohol. Lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

IMG_20151223_094450_zpshqkygrpz.jpg

I'd rather go in a Merc than a Skoda tbh... :wink:

Not sure if it's still the case, but my mate drove through France last year.  Although it's a legal requirement to carry the breathalysers...there's no penalty for not doing so...  So why bother? :laugh:  Tbf I thought French people only drank wine anyway, they must all be over the limit. :biggrin:

• Like 3

Jamie don't shoot the messenger.

I'm glad you're so conscious about your drinking and driving or lack of driving, its perfectly sensible...but I didn't ask you about it or suggest otherwise. Bloke asks about what he needs for France, I mention breathalysers, you question why and I give you an example of why one might need one and like others say it's the law.....

If you wouldn't drink a lager top with a meal and then drive home then that's up to you/your body/your mind.... Personally I still will... But I never go over a pint.. some will say any is too much and that is there decision, I'm within the laws and if you disagree then head to parliament and change the law...

• Like 2

Apart from the 20 minutes, whilst I wait for the morning dose to kick in upon wakening, I do like how Tescos cold capsules are suppressing all  my cold symptoms:smile:  Once they've got going, it's hard to tell, I even have a streaming cold:smile:

It's still very warm for the time of year, Brandy's morning walk was conducted in summer wear again.

On 16/12/2016 at 7:37 PM, Ianb said:

Bog roll for blowing noses is useless - trust me, I get hayfever so I know these things!

Single sheets are: if you have a powerful snort. Double sheets folded into a 4-ply sandwich will withstand all but the gustiest snort.  Whereas triple sheets, as a 6-ply pad captures everything:smile:

On 18/12/2016 at 10:37 AM, TomsFocus said:

With that sort of approach to wiping, I'm worried he's a scruncher rather than a folder as well! :ohmy:

No,  my approach is to bend, cleave, wrap then fold:laugh:

Scrunching could be counterproductive:huh:

20 hours ago, Ken.K said:

Good one. Am reading about headlight adjustment. How do I do this? and is it necessary or do I just use the stickers?

Stickers are the easier option.  Apply them once you're on the ferry/train and you'll be good to go when it docks/terminates in France

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club