Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

If you have the choice, take the autoroutes with tolls over the free ones, you'll find less traffic on them, and will get where you're going much quicker. 

All the idiots take the free ones.

18 hours ago, dezwez said:

I think they also wont let you use speed camera detectors as well 

heard that somewhere. 

:smile:

18 hours ago, iantt said:

i heard the same about speed cameras

That's always been the case with France

17 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Even if you pass a breathalyser test, it doesn't mean you're not impaired.

Indeed, having passed it, you can still be arrested for being impaired, and thus unfit to drive through drink or drugs.  The breathalyser test is used first, as there is a threshold, that once your over it, the case for the CPS made, which only needs confirming on the police station breathalyser.  Whereas "unfit to drive" requires more evidence and consequently more police and court time.

I do like that Wessex Water are driving up and down the road, announcing they will be turning off the supply for the afternoon: rather than leaving us to discover it when our taps and loos run dry:smile:

• Like 1

I do like the Brandy didn't break anything nor have any any internal injuries, from this morning's fall down the stairs:smile:  I think she'll have to have her harness on now, to descend the stairs: so I can assist her.like I do when she goes up.

On the way back from the vets, I called in to Tesco, one to get more cold capsules and two, to ascertain their actual Xmas hours.  My neighbour had thought they were somewhat restricted, with Sunday hours on all of the bank holidays and closed on Xmas day.  Whereas, the web site was claiming it's was normal hours, including 10-4pm on Xmas day!  :ohmy:Neither is correct.  Xmas day they are closed (as always), Boxing day it's 9am-6pm and then it's trading 24 hours.  Which means means, I won't have a logistics issue with my cream next week:yahoo:

Being Tuesday I've just done my body measurements and stats, for the progress of my diet (now entering the 11th week), somewhat later than I usually do, following Brandy's earlier incident with the stairs, and then vet.

I do like to see, although less than last week; I've decreased by 0.2% body fat and am 3mm less in girth.   Although lower than last week, the trend is still downwards:smile:

Haha Ghana, your message about the water company brought back suppressed memories of a particular time at uni....I had a 9 start 4 out of 5 days a week. The one lie in day was a 10 start -_-.. so students being students we went out drinking far too much, the next morning I struggled out of bed - still intoxicated I'd imagine... I had the mother of all hangovers and an interesting stomach too.... I staggered into the bathroom in my room, had a wee, flushed the loo, clambered into the shower only to find there was no water...whole building was turned off for maintenance....

I must have smelled like a blooming brewery when I was in class - and probably looked like I'd slept on the streets too! Had to exit the class on a number of occasions to check out the uni plumbing...

Come to think of it, I think that hangover lasted a good couple of days... Something I've done my best to try not to repeat!

• Like 3

Hearing my Mother-In-Law fell down the shopping centre escalator today

😯😂😭😂😐😁

as anticipated though there's not even a scratch she such a stern hardy woman.

I do like treating myself to a quality drink!! 

WP_20161220_22_28_58_Pro.jpg

OK, maybe not exactly "quality", but it is the best (and only...) Canadian whisky you can get in the supermarket!

• Like 2

Had a presentation night at Cadets tonight!!

I have some seriously awesome cadets!!

• Like 2

Slowly getting rid of using sat Nav and yesterday and today I went to and from work without sat nav.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I like the Christmas gift from Sky! Email off them yesterday with a free £13.99 Sky Store voucher. Ive been waiting for Legend (Kray film) to come on to movies for months and still no sign of it so i bought that. Must admit though after all that waiting i think i preferred the original with the Kemp brothers! It will be getting sent out to me on DVD too as well as the download, it was still nice to get something free though!:smile:

• Like 1

Yeah, got that too.
Suicide Squad for me [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like treating myself to a quality drink!! 

WP_20161220_22_28_58_Pro.jpg

OK, maybe not exactly "quality", but it is the best (and only...) Canadian whisky you can get in the supermarket!

I can't believe it's cheaper to get Whisky from the other side of the world when you live where they make it! :laugh: 

I do like the new Car Jackers show on E4, I'm pretty sure it's majorly scripted but the dog tongue did give me a chuckle! :lol:  Plus they're 'improving' many Vauxhalls lol.

MAIN-Carjackers.jpg

What i like is the MASSIVE help and advice i have got on this site in the past 12 months and not only for my car all stuff so a big 'THANK YOU'.

• Like 4

I do like that the spring like warmth has returned again, it was rather too cold (2 fleeces and hat) on Brandy's walk last night, it was back to just a shirt this morning:smile:  Upon returning, I noted it's 14°C on the garage wall thermometer, the frosty December mornings of my youth, and of even 20 years ago, seem to have vanished.

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I can't believe it's cheaper to get Whisky from the other side of the world when you live where they make it! :laugh: 

Economies of scale probably.  100's of 1000's of litres  from the Canadian distillery compared to 1000's from the Scottish craft distilleries.

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like the new Car Jackers show on E4, I'm pretty sure it's majorly scripted but the dog tongue did give me a chuckle! :lol:  Plus they're 'improving' many Vauxhalls lol.

The dog car and to a certain degree the pink one (cat?) reminded me of a Mini Cooper that used to appear in a neighbours drive every couple of months, completely covered in artificial grass. :laugh:

My neighbour had the franchise for Dorset, for an artificial lawn company. Each franchisee had the use of of the Mini three times a year. Which was was used to both advertise the product and demonstrate anything could covered in their fake lawn fabric.  

• Like 1

I do like receiving my new pairs of glasses from Glasses Direct exactly 7 days from placing the order online!  They say delivery is generally within 10-14, but can be up to 28 days, so I expected to wait a couple of weeks, but as before they have exceeded my expectations. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like receiving my new pairs of glasses from Glasses Direct exactly 7 days from placing the order online!  They say delivery is generally within 10-14, but can be up to 28 days, so I expected to wait a couple of weeks, but as before they have exceeded my expectations. 

That reminds me, I must go and get my eyes tested and get a new prescription

Mine don't work now for anything closer than 30cm, I can see better without them.  I'm constantly flipping them up, and out of the way to do anything close-up:unsure:   Whereas over 30cm I can see perfectly:laugh:

• Like 1

I do like a shopping trip tonight, in which I bought some Dee Valley confectionary...  I haven't had "Granny Sookers" since I was a child, can't believe it has been so long.

Anybody from Scotland may know what I'm talking about, otherwise you can Google it!!

10 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like a shopping trip tonight, in which I bought some Dee Valley confectionary...  I haven't had "Granny Sookers" since I was a child, can't believe it has been so long.

Anybody from Scotland may know what I'm talking about, otherwise you can Google it!!

I Googled "Granny Sooker" and it brought up various Gilfs performing a sexual act?:whistling1:

Be back in a bit, might as well watch it now!:laugh:

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, WES180 said:

I Googled "Granny Sooker" and it brought up various Gilfs performing a sexual act?:whistling1:

Be back in a bit, might as well watch it now!:laugh:

Oh Lord... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Oh Lord... :rolleyes:

Well, that was interesting, those old dears certainly know what theyre doing!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Im only joking by the way!

They were average at best!:laugh:

• Like 1

Gave the car a good wash, changed my wipers hopefully that sorts out the horrid noise it makes when it wipes away drizzle. Applied some RainX as well. So all good and set for the road.

Oh also had a nice [emoji139] ready for Christmas

I do like restocking all Brandy's chicken needs for the next 2 months, obtaining a silly amount of odd eggs for Brandy and Molly for 50p and then discovering three Corsas were removed from British roads around midday, along with a Seat Ibiza. When their drivers decided to drive across a 1 metre deep river crossing on my mate's farm:biggrin:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GMX said:

I do like restocking all Brandy's chicken needs for the next 2 months, obtaining a silly amount of odd eggs for Brandy and Molly for 50p and then discovering three Corsas were removed from British roads around midday, along with a Seat Ibiza. When their drivers decided to drive across a 1 metre deep river crossing on my mate's farm:biggrin:

lol  :yahoo:

• Like 1

This morning's loose change pavement pickings on Brandy's walk, were better than a typical Sunday morning (£28.12).  Hot food sought after Xmas parties equals dropping more change for Brandy and I to find at 6:30am  :smile:  That's more than paid for all Brandy's snacks from yesterday:smile:  I wonder if tomorrow morning will better:unsure:

We saw the local Mustang again, briefly fly past us, just as I was bent over removing one of Brandy's deposits from a grassy sward.  i have yet to see it when standing erect.  Every time it goes by, I'm bagging poo:mellow:

• Like 1

The focus holding it own well on the French motorway doing the legal 110 that is 81 mph with no fuss or bother. Plus seems the trip has warmed it up nicely very smooth and responsive

• Like 2

On Brandy's morning walk, I do like finding the quantity of loose change (£33.12) on the pavement this morning exceeded yesterday's total:smile:, even if there were an unreasonable large quantity of 1p pieces (612 to be exact), which took a good 10 minutes to pick up. :laugh:

Who takes a big bag of 1p pieces with them on a night out?:unsure:  I bet they were popular in a crowded bar?:laugh:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club