Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

6 minutes ago, iantt said:

Now unemployed! Until 3rd Jan. Lol

You were released early for good behaviour?  You had 3½ hours to go: 2 hours ago:laugh:

You have now entered a Vauxhall free zone, please extinguish all Vauxhall's after this point and put them in the bin provided - Thankyou:happy:

• Like 3

Yep, told I could go at 3.30. not going to say no to that. Lol

• Like 3

Ordered some bicycle fenders on eBay shipped via ParcelMotel,

Looks like there Christmas Congestion has now cleared 😅 package looks like a huge poo😮😣😥😣😯😲😦

3388366_zpsesiyw7ds_edit_1483119900636_z

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Ordered some bicycle fenders on eBay shipped via ParcelMotel,

Looks like there Christmas Congestion has now cleared 😅 package looks like a huge poo😮😣😥😣😯😲😦

3388366_zpsesiyw7ds_edit_1483119900636_z

Indeed, that resembles what Brandy laid on the drive, halfway through her breakfast tripe:laugh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iantt said:

Now unemployed! Until 3rd Jan. Lol

Enjoy it while it lasts!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, iantt said:

Yep, told I could go at 3.30. not going to say no to that. Lol

I'd have spent the remaining 2.5 hrs scrubbing myself in the shower to eliminate the Vauxhall filth 😣

An old work mate of mine is or has moving/moved to Liverpool and got a job in vauxhall manufacturing site starts 03rd January needless to say I'm absolutely discusted and have terminated all communication 🙍

• Like 4

11 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, I think it's more the alcohol, drugs and deep fried everything that does that! :tongue:  

Talking of Scotland, I tried watching Kevin Bridges without subtitles last night, honestly don't know how you guys understand each other! :lol: 

Kevin Bridges is brilliant! His accent is a wee bit 'thick' right enough though :smile:

• Like 3

I do like that Brandy has perked up a bit, there was a slight spring in her step as we did the 9pm short stroll round the block. :smile: At first holding the folded towel was quite awkward, but now we've done for a few days, I can hold both the towel and her lead in the same hand without over tensioning either:smile:

I loaded my brother's car up with meats, fruit, veg and pies just before he headed back to the West Midlands.  And yet, despite that,  my fridge is still full!:unsure:

I do like the local radio station playing "Take My Breath Away" as I was driving home in the 405...  Very fitting!

• Like 1

I also like receiving my FOC pack after paying the renewal fee!  I can finally get some FOC stickers on the MK1 and start promoting it around Moray.

• Like 4

The Grand Tour on amazon Fire TV 👍

new hour long episode every Friday 🙌

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

The Grand Tour on Amazon Fire TV 👍

new hour long episode every Friday 🙌

I subscribed to the free amazon Prime just to watch it :wink:

Watched the first 3 or 4, I'm afraid to say I wasn't impressed. Much preferred them on the Beeb, they just seemed to have to tried harder? It's a pity cos I was looking forward to it as well :sad:

Needless to say I have cancelled Prime, but I'll maybe try and get a download of the Loch Ness episode as I know the area :ph34r:

• Like 1

Why are people subscribing when you can stream it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I subscribed to the free Amazon Prime just to watch it :wink:

Watched the first 3 or 4, I'm afraid to say I wasn't impressed. Much preferred them on the Beeb, they just seemed to have to tried harder? It's a pity cos I was looking forward to it as well :sad:

Needless to say I have cancelled Prime, but I'll maybe try and get a download of the Loch Ness episode as I know the area :ph34r:

I've had the amazon Fire TV box for almost a year now and been using it for KODi 

amazon Prime Membership wasnt available in Ireland until November of this year,

I made the mistake of subscribing to amazon uk membership I didn't realise there would be any difference but there is😦

the only thing i can watch in Ireland is "The Grand Tour" everything else is blocked as it's telling me I'm abroad 😁

Amazon Ireland membership was €4 per month where the UK membership I've signed up to was €97.48 yet I can't get anything more out of it because of the IP address😭

regarding the show itself it does get tiring to see all of the guest celebrities die in staged freak accidents before appearing on stage, not that I want to hear them rabbit on about there new book, how they found God or there upcoming Movie but I would like to see somthing a bit different in each episode.

the most recent Christmas episode was two hours of good entertainment all outside of the studio.

27 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Why are people subscribing when you can stream it.

😯👂👈 From Where?

[emoji54][emoji101][emoji118] From Where?

I use Kodi on my amazon fire TV but you can get Kodi on your laptop or android device even on a mac book. You can also use apps like showbox or for just streaming yesmovies.to

• Like 1

i use kodi on android tablet , and laptop if wanting to watch it via tv

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

I use Kodi on my Amazon fire TV but you can get Kodi on your laptop or android device even on a mac book. You can also use apps like showbox or for just streaming yesmovies.to

I don't have a Laptop or a smart TV only my phone,

however I do have three kids and a mortgage 

So using the Fire TV box made it possible to get YouTube and other streams; on to the bigger screen, 

Recently bought the kids two amazon Fire 8 tablets to get the most from prime membershipthey get alot of free games but most tv show stuff is restricted because I'm not in the UK 😧

I don't have a Laptop or a smart TV  only my phone,
however I do have three kids and a mortgage 
So using the Fire TV box made it possible to get YouTube and other strams; on to the bigger screen, 
Recently bought the kids two Amazon Fire 8 tablets to get the most from prime membershipthey get alot of free games but most tv show stuff is restricted because I'm not in the UK [emoji47]

The TV box is perfect mate same I have

I've had kodi on and off for a year or so But the actual stream provider Husham stopped working and I can't seem to find an alternative. What do you folk use? Oh. Done on amazon fire stick btw.

I do like hearing the sound of the washing machine going through it's post strip down and service naked 95°C wash. :smile:

As soon as it's finished I can address my laundry backlog, it's quite remarkable how quickly it builds up, when you haven't got a washing machine for 5 days:laugh:

Despite stripping it down to it's component parts, and inspecting all the pipe bores and orifices. i could not find any blockage that caused Xmas' non-draining issue:huh: Nor when I isolated and tested the programmer unit:  i could not replicate a state of non-draining, it just went happily through it's instruction set, with each part operating as it should.:unsure:

I did take the opportunity to dismantle the drum and power wash out all the soapy crud that had stuck to the outer skin, and also all of it's tubes.  I normally only do this when I change the bearings and need the drum dismantled (every 7-8 year), so it was a bit of an Xmas treat for the washing machine, as it was last done in 2012:laugh:

5 minutes ago, GMX said:

I do like hearing the sound of the washing machine going through it's post strip down and service naked 95°C wash. :smile:

As soon as it's finished I can address my laundry backlog, it's quite remarkable how quickly it builds up, when you haven't got a washing machine for 5 days:laugh:

Despite stripping it down to it's component parts, and inspecting all the pipe bores and orifices. i could not find any blockage that caused Xmas' non-draining issue:huh: Nor when I isolated and tested the programmer unit:  i could not replicate a state of non-draining, it just went happily through it's instruction set, with each part operating as it should.:unsure:

I did take the opportunity to dismantle the drum and power wash out all the soapy crud that had stuck to the outer skin, and also all of it's tubes.  I normally only do this when I change the bearings and need the drum dismantled (every 7-8 year), so it was a bit of an Xmas treat for the washing machine, as it was last done in 2012:laugh:

That's a very lucky washing machine!!  Most these days are kicked to the kerb (literally...) at the first sign of problems. 

Is yours quite an old model?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

That's a very lucky washing machine!!  Most these days are kicked to the kerb (literally...) at the first sign of problems. 

Is yours quite an old model?

It's a Zanuss FLA1001W which was bought in the early to mid 1990's.

To date, I've only had to change the bearing three times, the door rubber was replaced in 2006 and it had a new drive belt in 2012. Seems quite a well engineered for what was at the time a mid-priced washing machine.

The Hoover Classic it replaced was 30 or so years old when it's obsolete programmer unit failed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GMX said:

It's a Zanuss FLA1001W which was bought in the early to mid 1990's.

To date, I've only had to change the bearing three times, the door rubber was replaced in 2006 and it had a new drive belt in 2012. Seems quite a well engineered for what was at the time a mid-priced washing machine.

The Hoover Classic it replaced was 30 or so years old when it's obsolete programmer unit failed.

Those are great machines.  We had one bought brand new in 2002 which had 1600 spin and was an XC (extra capacity).  I don't have record of the model number, but a quick look on Google images suggests it may have been the ZWF1621W, or a similar predecessor thereof.  Whilst most XC models just had lots of buttons to select the cycles, our one had manual knobs for the spin speed and cycle, which I preferred.  That machine worked flawlessly until we sold it in 2011, never even needing a new belt!  I suspect the bearings were on their last legs by that point though, as it had become very loud when spinning at full speed.

Prior to that we had two other Zanussi washers, both from the 1980s, bought second hand in the late 1990s as stop-gap machines.

After owning two Bekos and a Bosch, we are now on an early 2000s Whirlpool A+A which I picked up for free around a year ago, and has never given any problems to speak of. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club