Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like also going for a nice weekend tour (Berkshire to Surrey, Surrey to London, London to Berkshire) in the Focus, with my improved dashcam setup complete (dashcam still the same, but now wiring changed to use ignition switched feed from fusebox).

I got everything installed, couldn't put the ***** fusebox back into it's place (screws wouldn't align)! Mk2 Focus has the most annoying, fiddly fusebox design!!! Either that or I am inept lol. So I ended up cheating a bit - got my local friendly kwikfit guy to put it back together for me (took him all of 2 minutes, whereas I fumbled with the ***** thing for 20-30 mins lol).

• Like 2

Diesel £1.23 here! :angry:

EDIT: But the nice sunset kinda made up for it. 

IMG_20170108_154128905.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Diesel £1.23 here! :angry:

:shock:

Even at it's highest last year:  it's never been more than £1.21 here

7 hours ago, Incontro said:

I do like also going for a nice weekend tour (Berkshire to Surrey, Surrey to London, London to Berkshire) in the Focus, with my improved dashcam setup complete (dashcam still the same, but now wiring changed to use ignition switched feed from fusebox).

I got everything installed, couldn't put the ***** fusebox back into it's place (screws wouldn't align)! Mk2 Focus has the most annoying, fiddly fusebox design!!! Either that or I am inept lol. So I ended up cheating a bit - got my local friendly kwikfit guy to put it back together for me (took him all of 2 minutes, whereas I fumbled with the ***** thing for 20-30 mins lol).

The fuseboxes are a pig to realign, many scuffed knuckles and cursewords used in my time.

It's the shape of the rear brackets that cause the problem combined with the direction that the wiring attaches to the board.

• Like 1

I do like my temporary loss of internet connection being resolved by restarting the router!  Part of me worried that it had gone the same way as the last one, which left me without home broadband for almost a week... :shock:

The fuseboxes are a pig to realign, many scuffed knuckles and cursewords used in my time.
It's the shape of the rear brackets that cause the problem combined with the direction that the wiring attaches to the board.

Had the same issue with my fuse box when I was changing the 12v socket fuse. Took me like 30mins Mrs came tried and bam done

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, iantt said:

Not just commercial, car techs, pdi techs. What teenager wants to get there hand dirty and be expected to be clever on the PC/electronics front for little reward compared to other trades

I'm surprised you can't get bodywork techs tbh, thought that paid quite well as its more of an art than just bolting stuff together.  Also there's no getting hands dirty these days, that's what gloves and barrier cream is for. :biggrin:  What trades are the young people choosing instead these days?

Having a meeting with the bank manager; 

Upsetting the poor fella 😅 Hasn't heard from me since 2011

Quote "two thousand and eleven Leonard two thousand and eleven" 

And that weren't my bank balance he was quoting 😂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ken.K said:

Had the same issue with my fuse box when I was changing the 12v socket fuse. Took me like 30mins Mrs came tried and bam done

One of the often forgotten advantages of women with their small hands and thin arms.:biggrin:

A mate of mine married his long term girlfriend shortly after she retrieved the shim that he'd dropped into an oilway, whilst coming to the closing stages of an engine rebuild.  Having spent close to 2 hours trying to fish it back out. Whilst cursing himself for not blocking them off. He was about to give up, thinking the only forward was to strip the engine back down again.  And then she came with tea,  saw his difficulty, slid her arm into the oilway and retrieved the shim.

• Like 3

One of the often forgotten advantages of women with their small hands and thin arms.biggrin.png
A mate of mine married his long term girlfriend shortly after she retrieved the shim that he'd dropped into an oilway, whilst coming to the closing stages of an engine rebuild.  Having spent close to 2 hours trying to fish it back out. Whilst cursing himself for not blocking them off. He was about to give up, thinking the only forward was to strip the engine back down again.  And then she came with tea,  saw his difficulty, slid her arm into the oilway and retrieved the shim.

Yep she is definitely a keeper that one.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Thank god it's not just me then! My knuckles were a right mess too.

• Like 3

whats the matter with you lot with fuseboxes!! lol easy peasy .

• Like 2

The problem with the fusebox is where it needs to come forward in a slot on the bracket before it will fold down flat.
Not too bad dropping it down but a wee git to realign everything whilst avoiding knocking the cable blocks out on repositioning the board.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

whats the matter with you lot with fuseboxes!! lol easy peasy .

did you design the fusebox ian? that why you defending it? :tongue: crap design! 

• Like 1

Talking of fuse boxes... I like the fact the local ford garage are happy to service my car and have never complained about the extra wiring heading to the fuse box!

• Like 1

I've not had an issue with the fusebox alignment myself...the problem I had was trying to get to it and twisting my back in the process, being tall isn't all fun and games! :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

Went to test drive a bmw 320d last night new shape and I have to say the drove and power is all you need. Possible 65mpg in eco mode and cruising or 42-45 around town with am auto gear box. Although with a manual I reckon slightly more. But the price range is a bit out of my budget at 14k and up 🙁🙁.

On another note. Changed my driving and so far cruising to work at 65-68mph am now seeing a constant 41-43mpg

Although I couldn't feel any noticeable reduction this week in girths, apart from my belt running out of holes (again).  I only bought that belt a month ago, as my existing one got too long. Looks like I'll have to get another shorter one

I do like that, that as I enter my 14th week on my diet, last week I fell another 0.3%body fat and gained another (albeit small) muscle mass increase of 0.1%,:smile:   

My blood pressure keeps dropping too, but as my normal  non diet blood pressure is considerably lower than everyone else's; if i continue to fall at the current rate, it won't be long before i don't actually appear to have a blood pressure:laugh::unsure:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GMX said:

Although I couldn't feel any noticeable reduction this week in girths, apart from my belt running out of holes (again).  I only bought that belt a month ago, as my existing one got too long. Looks like I'll have to get another shorter one

I do like that, that as I enter my 14th week on my diet, last week I fell another 0.3%body fat and gained another (albeit small) muscle mass increase of 0.1%,:smile:   

My blood pressure keeps dropping too, but as my normal  non diet blood pressure is considerably lower than everyone else's; if i continue to fall at the current rate, it won't be long before i don't actually appear to have a blood pressure:laugh::unsure:

In all seriousness, you'd better be careful you don't end up with hypotension.

I do like being off work for TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

And yes, it is so good that it justifies 99 exclaimation marks!!

10 hours ago, Ken.K said:

Went to test drive a bmw 320d last night new shape and I have to say the drove and power is all you need. Possible 65mpg in eco mode and cruising or 42-45 around town with am auto gear box. Although with a manual I reckon slightly more. But the price range is a bit out of my budget at 14k and up 🙁🙁.

On another note. Changed my driving and so far cruising to work at 65-68mph am now seeing a constant 41-43mpg

80% of my motorway journeys are cruising at a sedate 65 MPH in the left hand lane - it really helps with the economy (gets me 46 - 47MPG), and the engine stays at around 2500 RPM (as opposed to 2800-2900RPM at 70 MPH) with the gearing ratios of my auto. Only if I need to make pace, I lock on at 70 or 75 MPH (indicated, so not speeding!)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Incontro said:

80% of my motorway journeys are cruising at a sedate 65 MPH in the left hand lane - it really helps with the economy (gets me 46 - 47MPG), and the engine stays at around 2500 RPM (as opposed to 2800-2900RPM at 70 MPH) with the gearing ratios of my auto. Only if I need to make pace, I lock on at 70 or 75 MPH (indicated, so not speeding!)

That's almost the same as my MK1 (manual), in fact, I think it may even rev slightly higher. 

I do like a nice 100 mile drive in the 405 today to a Moray village called Tomintoul.  Stopped at a cafe for a bowl of soup and a cup of tea, then back on the road home again. 

Got some beautiful pictures too of the slightly snow covered scenery.

WP_20170111_14_51_28_Pro.jpgWP_20170111_14_51_35_Pro.jpgWP_20170111_14_51_47_Pro.jpgWP_20170111_14_52_34_Pro.jpg

Now it's time for a rum and some relaxation!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

That's almost the same as my MK1 (manual), in fact, I think it may even rev slightly higher. 

Yeah the revs aren't super low, but far better than other cars such as the Mk7 Fiesta with the 5-speed manual box which apparently revs at 3500 RPM at 70 mph! Now that must be annoying!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club