Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Yeah the revs aren't super low, but far better than other cars such as the Mk7 Fiesta with the 5-speed manual box which apparently revs at 3500 RPM at 70 mph! Now that must be annoying!!

My focus revs at about 3200-3500 at 70mph. But not droning.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Just now, Incontro said:

Yeah the revs aren't super low, but far better than other cars such as the Mk7 Fiesta with the 5-speed manual box which apparently revs at 3500 RPM at 70 mph! Now that must be annoying!!

Jeez, that is extreme.  Hence why I say that new cars aren't designed to last as long as older models. 

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

Now it's time for a rum and some relaxation!!

Christ, I read that as 'time for a run' and wondered what had happened to the Jamie we knew!

Then realised it said rum, panic over. :laugh:

Also, I still don't like the way quote boxes on this site are near impossible to remove if you accidentally select them lol.

4 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Christ, I read that as 'time for a run' and wondered what had happened to the Jamie we knew!

Also, I still don't like the way quote boxes on this site are near impossible to remove if you accidentally select them lol.

Ha!  Can you imagine me running?  I get out of breath just talking from the car to the front door... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like a nice 100 mile drive in the 405 today to a Moray village called Tomintoul.  Stopped at a cafe for a bowl of soup and a cup of tea, then back on the road home again. 

Got some beautiful pictures too of the slightly snow covered scenery.

WP_20170111_14_51_28_Pro.jpgWP_20170111_14_51_35_Pro.jpgWP_20170111_14_51_47_Pro.jpgWP_20170111_14_52_34_Pro.jpg

Now it's time for a rum and some relaxation!!

Toumintoul road still open this time of year?!!! :jawdrop: :biggrin:

Nice pics :wink:

30 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Oh aye...  This is the worst snow it has had all winter, and I doubt it will get any worse.  Lossie/Elgin areas haven't had a drop.  Well, some has fallen, but melts immediately on impact with the ground.

Our gritting crews were putting boards and ploughs on today for the first time in a couple of years! Can't imagine they'll be needed too much though. 

2 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Our gritting crews were putting boards and ploughs on today for the first time in a couple of years! Can't imagine they'll be needed too much though. 

All the gritters in Moray permanently have ploughs installed, which is completely redundant and uses a lot more fuel at higher speeds, but that's the council's "intellegent thinking" for you.

I do like that Brandy's strained paws are getting better, she was almost back to her normal walking speed tonight:smile:

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

You're not the only one Tom:laugh:

I too read it initially as "time for a run", but took it to mean  as a "run in the Focus or another run in the 405"  rather than Jamie getting 10 mile jog in

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GMX said:

I do like that Brandy's strained paws are getting better, she was almost back to her normal walking speed tonight:smile:

You're not the only one Tom:laugh:

I too read it initially as "time for a run", but took it to mean  as a "run in the Focus or another run in the 405"  rather than Jamie getting 10 mile jog in

Sadly, that is the only type of "run" that I partake in.  I think the last time I ran was a few weeks ago, when it was torrential rain and I had to get from the work entrance to my car (at the other end of the car-park) wearing only a shirt...  It was more of a lop-sided, drunken-looking, limping sprint, and by the time I did get to the car I was soaked and felt like I was going to pass out. 

Next time I'll take a jacket with me!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Turvey said:

Spoke too soon! :rolleyes: :smile:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Spoke too soon! :rolleyes: :smile:

You mean it is closed now? :ohmy:

• Like 1

I was in the right place again (adjacent to the butchery counter), just as they were marking some meats down :smile: After going to Tesco to get some stronger painkillers:smile: and restock my cream:smile:  I got Brandy 2 kilos of chicken wings for 32p and a 3 containers of lamb hearts for 38p each, and for Molly,  a kilo of Scottish Angus mince for 56p.  I was too early for the fish counter reductions, the butchery counter seems to favour 4:30ish to begin their discounts, whereas the fishmonger doesn't start until around 6pm.  

I do like that Tesco Extra painkillers are a vast improvement of bog standard paracetamol, I've been taking all day:smile:  It might be  possible to eat some something soft like Brie or Camembert now:unsure:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GMX said:

I was in the right place again (adjacent to the butchery counter), just as they were marking some meats down :smile: After going to Tesco to get some stronger painkillers:smile: and restock my cream:smile:  I got Brandy 2 kilos of chicken wings for 32p and a 3 containers of lamb hearts for 38p each, and for Molly,  a kilo of Scottish Angus mince for 56p.  I was too early for the fish counter reductions, the butchery counter seems to favour 4:30ish to begin their discounts, whereas the fishmonger doesn't start until around 6pm.  

I do like that Tesco Extra painkillers are a vast improvement of bog standard paracetamol, I've been taking all day:smile:  It might be  possible to eat some something soft like Brie or Camembert now:unsure:

Surly you know a relative whom has a stock of pain killers somewhere, 50mg diclac or diphine, I'm surprised dentist couldn't provide a short term prescription pending your appointment if you asked they might.

• Like 1

Love how i I got home and the traction control kept hold. Scary but drove safely and got home

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Surly you know a relative whom has a stock of pain killers somewhere, 50mg diclac or diphine, I'm surprised dentist couldn't provide a short term prescription pending your appointment if you asked they might.

That would've made sense, but I didn't think to ask:mellow:

The bulk of my relatives are in Australia and the US, my Mum is here but not on painkillers, unfortunately

25 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Love how i I got home and the traction control kept hold. Scary but drove safely and got home

Do you have forecasted snow and ice?

The rain switched to sleet as I waited for Brandy to do her pre-shop ablutions in Tescos car park but when i came back out with shopping it was back to rain.  Dorset is a bit too south to get anything, despite the Met Office's suggestion we might

Do you have forecasted snow and ice?
The rain switched to sleet as I waited for Brandy to do her pre-shop ablutions in Tescos car park but when i came back out with shopping it was back to rain.  Dorset is a bit too south to get anything, despite the Met Office's suggestion we might

Where I work it was snow coming ino london it was rain. Drove 45 all way.

I do like making some money today and rewarding myself with a G&T... 

I like, in the it amuses me sense, that Tesco idea of "an excessive amount of tea and coffee" is 37 or more cups a day.  You'd have drinking at the rate of 2-3 cups per hour for all your waking hours to get anywhere near that:ohmy:

As I was about to take my second dose of Tesco Extra painkillers, I noticed "Avoid drinking too much tea or coffee with this medicine"  printed on the box.  It neglected to say how much is too much though.  I wondered whether my 3-4 cups of coffee and 5 cups of tea was too much:unsure:

A little Googling followed.  The answer is 37 or more cups a day is too much:laugh: 

I think they have caffeine in them, that's the 'extra' bit. Won't help you sleep [emoji6]
Cheaper buying paracetamol and cheap pro plus lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I liked how my car looked in the snow today, almost camouflaged!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I think they have caffeine in them, that's the 'extra' bit. Won't help you sleep emoji6.png
Cheaper buying paracetamol and cheap pro plus lol

Yes they do, 500mg paracetamol and 50mg of caffeine.

Regular paracetamol is 16p, these were 60p, I've not priced Pro plus but it's bound to work out cheaper

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I'd need it to rain in soot to get the same effect with mine:lol:

That's a distinct possibility in some parts of he country, I blame Tony Blair

15 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Ah, you got snow too then.  The Peugeot and Ford are slightly "dusted", but nothing major...

WP_20170112_23_10_16_Pro.jpg

I'm not sure where you are exactly, but guessing it is Nairn/Inverness area, which most likely has the same as here.  Strangely, as I drove from Lossiemouth to Elgin this evening, the temperature dropped quite a bit, and there was a fair bit of black ice on the roads.  Isn't it strange how a few miles can make a big difference?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club