Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

It seems Brandy was the odd one out,  and Pipper's preferred sleeping position is what everyone else does

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GMX said:

It seems Brandy was the odd one out,  and Pipper's preferred sleeping position is what everyone else does

Have i missed them or is there not any photos of this new doggy :)

• Like 2

I do like getting tickets for our first gig of the year! We. Mrs Turvey and I, try and get away ourselves a couple of times a year around our birthdays. This gig cropped up a couple of days after mine in Inverness so would have been rude not to go :punk:

bsr-2017tour.jpg?x=666

• Like 1

I do enjoy when my car passes it's MOT with no advisories. :-) 

• Like 2

I do like taking Pipper for her first extended stroll:smile:, up to Wimborne, then along the river Stour, to Cowgrove (which today lacked the huge crowd of cows that are normally there - perhaps they all being milked at the point we passed). We then went up the Roman road, through Kingston Lacy estate and on to Badbury Rings.  where Pipper introduced herself to a pair of Rotties (brother and sister) and three unrelated Standard Poodles.  We returned a slightly different route, eventually meeting up with and following the river Allen back into Wimborne.

1 hour ago, volts said:

Have i missed them or is there not any photos of this new doggy :)

Here's some:smile:

Pipper is now having a post walk snooze beneath my chair, using both her cuddly haggis and my jeans as a pillow:laugh:

Pipper Office_HDR.jpg

Pipper watching  as I pick up her lead, 5 hours ago, before we set out.

20170126_221855_HDR.jpg

Pipper, requesting non-stop stroking whilst I'm typing one handed

Pipper Stroke Me.jpg

Pipper, watching her bowl about to touch down on the carpet

20170127_202901_HDR.jpg

Another snooze, this time after tea

20170127_175917_HDR.jpg

• Like 7

@GMX

Reminds me of the time my father-in-Law brought his new Girlfriend over to vist is for the first time😅 

• Like 2

I do like finishing six days of work 😥 

• Like 1

As the afternoon turned rather sunny, i took Pipper out again for a couple of hours, just strolling round the neighbourhood,:smile: Literally moments after we returned, my friend who used to take Brandy out, asked if she could take Pipper for a 20 minute walk,:smile:

So far today, Pipper has had one long walk, one medium walk and now a short walk, with an evening one tonight. :smile:

• Like 1

I like how the VW Golf GTE when put in gte mode takes off like a scolded cat. From memory it's as neck snapping as a ST focus and that's no lie. That VW is on my shortlist when I go hybrid in a few years if not sooner.

• Like 1

I do like clearing out the new Focus on some open roads tonight.  The 2.0 had been primarily used in town under 30MPH and was quite clogged up, and still feels rather restricted so could likely do with a new air filter and spark plugs, but for now it feels ten times better.  I also like the beef olives I have in the oven for a late-tea and settling down with a few G&Ts for an evening in front of the television.

22 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

The blue MK1 is technically my mother's car.  I bought it but she uses it regularly, so I decided to buy the Ghia for myself so that she can have the other one exclusively.  So no, I can't use both at the same time, but between my mother and I we can.

Plus I want to cut down on using the 405 so much due to its increasing age and fragility, so if I can use the Focus for at least 50% of my driving, that will help.

Fair enough, hope you enjoy the Focus, how long are you planning on keeping it? Sell your 405 and make the Focus your workhorse :wink:

Just now, Incontro said:

Fair enough, hope you enjoy the Focus, how long are you planning on keeping it? Sell your 405 and make the Focus your workhorse :wink:

No, no.  I'll never sell the 405!  But yes, the Focus will probably be the main workhorse from now on.

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

No, no.  I'll never sell the 405!  But yes, the Focus will probably be the main workhorse from now on.

That reminds me, on Pipper's medium walk this afternoon, we went past a house in some state of neglect that had  a very overgrown garden.  In what had been the drive, was the 405's predecessor the 404, covered in algae, rotting where it stood and appeared to have a rhododendron bush growing inside it:ohmy: 

Pipper seems to have a hankering to be a washing machine engineer:lol:

20170128_220903_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, GMX said:

Pipper seems to have a hankering to be a washing machine engineer:lol:

20170128_220903_HDR.jpg

To be honest I'd trust Pipper to work on my washing machine more than I would half of the "engineers" advertised locally...

• Like 3

I do like a nice clean car, even if I did injure my thumb (no, it didn't go through the bodywork! :laugh:) and completely soak my jeans.  The joys of not having an outside tap and doing bucket washing/rinsing!!

WP_20170129_16_30_46_Pro.jpgWP_20170129_16_30_35_Pro.jpg

P.S. It was only parked there (blocking the Audi's driveway) temporarily whilst I moved the white MK1.  I'm not one of those idiots who block people in for the fun of it, like my next-door neighbours for instance.

I do like having a very long extended walk with Pipper, even though it was raining. :smile:  We did about 36 miles or so over the course of 9-10 hours, and she would've been happy to go further; spaniels like collies don't seem to tire easily.  I, however, was starting to get a bit hungry:mellow:

Following the old railway line (that's now a bridleway) into the outskirts of Poole and then a Roman/old quarrying road to the northern foreshore of Poole harbour.  We then sort followed the coast, either on it or on roads that ran near it, until we came down to the beaches of Sandbanks. Once on the beach, we kept going to till we were below Southbourne, where we left the beach and walked along the B3059 into Christchurch, and then out the other side to pick up the Avon Trailway.  Just after Sopley, we left the trailway and headed towards West Parley and on to Ferndown.  Essentially doing a big loop on where we had come from, but 8-10 miles north. 

We then had a detour in Ferndown Forest and met some huskies, who were practising wheeled sled racing.  Pipper and some of the huskies who were waiting for their turn with the sled, had a group sniff of each others bits.  We then left the forest to go back towards Hampreston and pick up the river Stour path (east of where we walked yesterday) to come back into Wimborne and then home.

Now I've stopped, both my quads and glutes feel rather stiff:mellow:  It wasn't a strenuous walk, so I'm not entirely sure why:unsure:

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, GMX said:

I do like having a very long extended walk with Pipper, even though it was raining. :smile:  We did about 36 miles or so over the course of 9-10 hours, and she would've been happy to go further; spaniels like collies don't seem to tire easily.  I, however, was starting to get a bit hungry:mellow:

Following the old railway line (that's now a bridleway) into the outskirts of Poole and then a Roman/old quarrying road to the northern foreshore of Poole harbour.  We then sort followed the coast, either on it or on roads that ran near it, until we came down to the beaches of Sandbanks. Once on the beach, we kept going to till we were below Southbourne, where we left the beach and walked along the B3059 into Christchurch, and then out the other side to pick up the Avon Trailway.  Just after Sopley, we left the trailway and headed towards West Parley and on to Ferndown.  Essentially doing a big loop on where we had come from, but 8-10 miles north. 

We then had a detour in Ferndown Forest and met some huskies, who were practising wheeled sled racing.  Pipper and some of the huskies who were waiting for their turn with the sled, had a group sniff of each others bits.  We then left the forest to go back towards Hampreston and pick up the river Stour path (east of where we walked yesterday) to come back into Wimborne and then home.

Now I've stopped, both my quads and glutes feel rather stiff:mellow:  It wasn't a strenuous walk, so I'm not entirely sure why:unsure:

bet she sleeps well to night

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dezwez said:

bet she sleeps well to night

I bet Ghana does too!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jmurray01 said:

I bet Ghana does too!!

oh yes that's a long walk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dezwez said:

oh yes that's a long walk

Indeed it is.  I'd be tired just driving that distance!

• Like 1

Indeed it is.  I'd be tired just driving that distance!

same here lol :smile:

• Like 1

I do like that I've done over 120 miles in the Ghia and the fuel gauge is at no less than 3/4.  So far the fuel consumption seems to be on par with the other Focus, probably because despite the fact the 2.0 has about 20 more horsepower, I never push the engine any harder than I would the 1.8, therefore it doesn't need to use any more fuel. 

I do like that I've done over 120 miles in the Ghia and the fuel gauge is at no less than 3/4.  So far the fuel consumption seems to be on par with the 1.8, probably because despite the fact the 2.0 has about 20 more horsepower, I never push the engine any harder than I would the 1.8, therefore it doesn't need to use any more fuel. 

did the screen wash go off

1 minute ago, dezwez said:

did the screen wash go off

No it didn't, I meant to update that thread.  I filled it to the brim but the light still remains.