Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

2 hours ago, Ken.K said:

Picked up my Lexus today and well chuffed with it. Going back to a manual will be hard. so far best gadget is the tilting mirrors when reversing and the camera
ec8a53dd71661e4083ebc146f75ae96a.jpg

That guy at the pumps looks like he's so ashamed to be fueling his vehicle as it looks nothing compared to your black beauty mate he's like  😣 "I soo want a Lexus"

Indeed and the spec you get as standard is awesome for the money I am looking at an RX or NX

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That guy at the pumps looks like he's so ashamed to be fueling his vehicle as it looks nothing compared to your black beauty mate he's like  [emoji21] "I soo want a Lexus"

He had a Tiguain I think. I was really contemplating this buy but seeing the likes I have so far I made the right choice. Well chuffed now I see why Murray buys older you can get good deals

1 minute ago, Ken.K said:

Indeed and the spec you get as standard is awesome for the money I am looking at an RX or NX

Also, they're very exclusive and unique cars, definitely sets you apart from say a 3-series owner, or A3 owner, or mini-cooper driver (yuck). And probably more reliable too than most German makes, as Lexus is the luxury division of Toyota.

Also, they're very exclusive and unique cars, definitely sets you apart from say a 3-series owner, or A3 owner, or mini-cooper driver (yuck). And probably more reliable too than most German makes, as Lexus is the luxury division of Toyota.

Not sure about unique but they are exclusive indeed you see one in every 6 3 series. Lol

46 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

He had a Tiguain I think. I was really contemplating this buy but seeing the likes I have so far I made the right choice. Well chuffed now I see why Murray buys older you can get good deals

Indeed you can!  With the right maintenance older cars are just as reliable and will go on for a long time, plus some of them will even appreciate in value. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Indeed you can!  With the right maintenance older cars are just as reliable and will go on for a long time, plus some of them will even appreciate in value. 

One thing I hate is that we are becoming more and more of a "throwaway" society, as the years go by.

Everything is becoming disposable. In the old days, people regularly used to keep and maintain cars for 15 or so years.

• Like 1

I do like the improvised liver and bacon casserole i had for tea.  A lack of kale meant improvising with what was in the fridge.  It turns out mushrooms and spinach are as equally tasty as curly kale.  :smile: 

So your car has the Mark Levinson system Ken? It's not all its cracked up to be. I had it in a is300h I had. Yeah it sou dedicated damn good for a system but what I have in my mondeo now whoops it's *****.
I'd never have another is300h ever. Grew to hate it within 5 weeks and I list 5k in that time too.
Infiniti cars are much better than the newer lexus. The CVH is awful as far as I'm concerned.
The 2.5 you have is the best lexus. Cherish it.

Whoops it's bottom ruddy asterisks lol

So your car has the Mark Levinson system Ken? It's not all its cracked up to be. I had it in a is300h I had. Yeah it sou dedicated damn good for a system but what I have in my mondeo now whoops it's *****.
I'd never have another is300h ever. Grew to hate it within 5 weeks and I list 5k in that time too.
Infiniti cars are much better than the newer lexus. The CVH is awful as far as I'm concerned.

I have a feeling your trying to convince me to get the mondeo. Lol. Yeah I hear cvts are bad but this one is really good am not an audiophile to really argue about the system but I know it's better than the one in my focus. Lol cannot wait to test it on the motorway.

10 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

I was actually looking at the is300h lol. What are the reasons not to get one?

EDIT: Also, what was the road-noise in the is300h like, compared to your current Mondy?

Just listed alloys on eBay uk aswell as local sites 😅yehaw

Incontro. The IS300H I had was 10 months old top of the range premier premium with every option on it. The main reason I got rid was that the ride was ruddy awful. There's a road in leeds I use when I go to asda which has ripples on it for over 1/2 mile and it felt like I was driving a car without any suspension. My tit x sport rides the same road like a Rolls Royce by comparison. How a top class car can ride that bad is beyond me. I couldn't get to grips with the CVT. Floor it and the revs go to 5k and stay there till speed reached then it settles. The sound of a screaming engine made me cringe. Another thing was the grab handle above the driver door. I kept banging my head on it. Economy wasn't that good either. It drove wonderful in electric mode but it didn't last. I was choosing between the IS and GS. I let my daughter and grandkids choose which one for back seat comfort. I'm suprised they chose the IS.

• Like 1

Incontro. The IS300H I had was 10 months old top of the range premier premium with every option on it. The main reason I got rid was that the ride was ruddy awful. There's a road in leeds I use when I go to asda which has ripples on it for over 1/2 mile and it felt like I was driving a car without any suspension. My tit x sport rides the same road like a Rolls Royce by comparison. How a top class car can ride that bad is beyond me. I couldn't get to grips with the CVT. Floor it and the revs go to 5k and stay there till speed reached then it settles. The sound of a screaming engine made me cringe. Another thing was the grab handle above the driver door. I kept banging my head on it. Economy wasn't that good either. It drove wonderful in electric mode but it didn't last. I was choosing between the IS and GS. I let my daughter and grandkids choose which one for back seat comfort. I'm suprised they chose the IS.

I test drove the gs and that was very nice but I found the NX and RX even better, the cvt I got used to if you drive calmly and not looking to floor it quickly

I like that I sorted out my windows. Now I can control all windows from the drivers side. Needed a reset cos the battery was changed. Easy enough just take all windows up and down again. Lol

• Like 1

I do like it is now possible to do things outside for an hour or two, before the sun sets:smile:

i also like that using that aforementioned spare couple of hours, I've finally removed the huge strapping bramble that had entwined itself in my black elderberry bush overwinter, filling my entire garden waste wheelie bin with it's limbs and root in the process.

I've come across a rather nice Mondeo Titanium X estate, which is an ex police K9 car (Sussex constabulary), that I might go and look at, Unfortunately it's in Manchester, but K9 cars are so rarely in a spec that is above basic trim level:unsure:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GMX said:

I've come across a rather nice Mondeo Titanium X estate, which is an ex police K9 car (Sussex constabulary), that I might go and look at, Unfortunately it's in Manchester, but K9 cars are so rarely in a spec that is above basic trim level:unsure:

Sounds good!  What year/engine is it?

It's a 2L TDCi on 09 plate, 137K miles.

The seller is the brother of one our engineers. An unfortunate bike crash and resulting broken back and pelvis has bought about the abrupt end of his dog transport business, he's open to offers £2K upwards, apparently.

10 minutes ago, GMX said:

It's a 2L TDCi on 09 plate, 137K miles.

The seller is the brother of one our engineers. An unfortunate bike crash and resulting broken back and pelvis has bought about the abrupt end of his dog transport business, he's open to offers £2K upwards, apparently.

Interesting...  You are a fair way away though, over 260 miles according to Google maps, which is a 4:39 hour drive, or a 71 hour walk... :laugh:

Even for you, I think that's a little too much walking!

I do like having a Mondeo Vignale estate in magnetic grey as a courtesy car while mine is in for an unspecified amount of time for some warranty work, which obviously I don't like. The Vignale really is something else, a lot of very nice toys and a nice place to be. The best thing about it are the adaptive LED headlights, well for me anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oddly enough, I am contemplating a 675 mile walk in the summer with Pipper. Walking about 40-50 miles every day, staying at dog friendly B&B's each night, following the entire course of the South Western coast path from Poole Harbour to Minehead.  A 71 hour walk could be a practice session.:laugh:

Last time I drove to Manchester it took 6 hours or so, there were multiple gridlocks and random stoppages after the M42 joined the M5, easing slightly on the M6 and then it all slowed down again.:mellow: 

18 minutes ago, GMX said:

Oddly enough, I am contemplating a 675 mile walk in the summer with Pipper. Walking about 40-50 miles every day, staying at dog friendly B&B's each night, following the entire course of the South Western coast path from Poole Harbour to Minehead.  A 71 hour walk could be a practice session.:laugh:

Last time I drove to Manchester it took 6 hours or so, there were multiple gridlocks and random stoppages after the M42 joined the M5, easing slightly on the M6 and then it all slowed down again.:mellow: 

Good Lord!  I don't even drive 50 miles most days!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Good Lord!  I don't even drive 50 miles most days!!

i seem to walk further than I drive most days.  Pipper's morning stroll is between 8-10 miles, her evening walk is around 5 miles and if like today, we have an extra afternoon one, that's another 5 miles.  In comparison, daily driving rarely goes over 4 miles!

2 minutes ago, GMX said:

i seem to walk further than I drive most days.  Pipper's morning stroll is between 8-10 miles, her evening walk is around 5 miles and if like today, we have an extra afternoon one, that's another 5 miles.  In comparison, daily driving rarely goes over 4 miles!

Should buy a little run around vehicle for about two grand and teach the dog how to drive, 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club