Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

1 minute ago, jmurray01 said:

I completely understand, having gone through that myself.  Yes, the cars have yet again changed!  The 405 is still here (always will be) but the Focus is gone and replaced by a Volvo V40 whilst the Mercedes was written off (not sure if you were still here when that happened) and has been replaced with a Rover 623. 

I remember the Merc it was black I think, I also remember a burgundy/red 405?  What happened to the Focus?  Thought you needed that to be on a FORD OWNERS CLUB FORUM!!! Hahahaha lol

Just now, Preecematt said:

I remember the Merc it was black I think, I also remember a burgundy/red 405?  What happened to the Focus?  Thought you needed that to be on a FORD OWNERS CLUB FORUM!!! Hahahaha lol

Yep, it met a rather unfortunate end when I hit a patch of black ice...

V__F775.thumb.jpg.f2f5e53d9fdd3fd2504b7f69c0c8080e.jpg

Yes I had a red 405 estate which I sold when the MOT expired as it had too many problems, and the Focus also failed its MOT with a repair bill in excess of £300, so it just wasn't worth fixing.

@jmurray01 tis but a scratch...... Jesus wept man, hopefully you weren't to hurt?

Just now, Preecematt said:

@jmurray01 tis but a scratch...... Jesus wept man, hopefully you weren't to hurt?

No, I was miraculously unscathed.  Life has gone badly downhill since then though, which makes me think I'm paying the price for escaping death...

Just now, jmurray01 said:

No, I was miraculously unscathed.  Life has gone badly downhill since then though, which makes me think I'm paying the price for escaping death...

Did well there then.  If you don't mind me asking what's happened?

3 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

Did well there then.  If you don't mind me asking what's happened?

My mental heath has gone down the tubes pretty much, resulting in me being signed off work for 4 weeks and now on Prozac (amongst other things).  Plus my Mother's mental health has declined even more than before which is having a knock-on effect on my life and making living at home almost impossible, but I can't escape due to not having enough money to rent my own place.  Oh, and my uncle is seriously ill in hospital!!  Yeah, it's a laugh a minute right now... :mellow:

Just now, jmurray01 said:

My mental heath has gone down the tubes pretty much, resulting in me being signed off work for 4 weeks and now on Prozac (amongst other things).  Plus my Mother's mental health has declined even more than before which is having a knock-on effect on my life and making living at home almost impossible, but I can't escape due to not having another money to rent my own place.  Oh, and my uncle is seriously ill in hospital!!  Yeah, it's a laugh a minute right now... :mellow:

Really sorry to hear about this dude.  I understand with the mental health aspect as I changed my job twice within 2 months.... about 7 months ago and this among other things made me nearly kill myself on a few occasions and I am now going back to the place where I initially left lol so gluten for punishment I think.  Money situation is also a bit of a sore spot for me to.  I hope everything gets better for you  

1 minute ago, Preecematt said:

Really sorry to hear about this dude.  I understand with the mental health aspect as I changed my job twice within 2 months.... about 7 months ago and this among other things made me nearly kill myself on a few occasions and I am now going back to the place where I initially left lol so gluten for punishment I think.  Money situation is also a bit of a sore spot for me to.  I hope everything gets better for you  

Yeah, money is another big issue for me right now.  Having to ask my grandfather for a loan just to pay my car insurance, it's that bad!!  Lets hope things get better for both of us.

Cheers, yeah I know what you mean, just I can't stand it being dirty haha! In less than two weeks I will have finished school (college) forever and will have 4 months to clean it as much as I like! :laugh:

Getting serviced in a few weeks too, so it'll be happy after that.

Not sure where to put this, but I've just seen a woman walking a ferret on a lead! WTF?!! :unsure:

Sounds normal to me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

My mental heath has gone down the tubes pretty much, resulting in me being signed off work for 4 weeks and now on Prozac (amongst other things).  Plus my Mother's mental health has declined even more than before which is having a knock-on effect on my life and making living at home almost impossible, but I can't escape due to not having enough money to rent my own place.  Oh, and my uncle is seriously ill in hospital!!  Yeah, it's a laugh a minute right now... :mellow:

Mate i see where you are coming from,i care 24/7 for my elderly dad and i did think 2017 would be a bit better but its like everything has been turned

upside down as its got worse,when people who are very close to you im 100% with you as it has a massive effect on yourself as it does make you

feel in a very bad way and place,hope all turns out a bit better mate.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Mate i see where you are coming from,i care 24/7 for my elderly dad and i did think 2017 would be a bit better but its like everything has been turned

upside down as its got worse,when people who are very close to you im 100% with you as it has a massive effect on yourself as it does make you

feel in a very bad way and place,hope all turns out a bit better mate.

Well, my Mother is still physically 100% thankfully, but it is in her head the problems start.  Unfortunately I've done all I can and the only thing I can do now is move out and get a place of my own, which will undoubtedly help me and may even help her in the long run. 

I do like the speed of my internet after upgrading my subscription and receiving a new router today! 

Ookla.jpg.a0af27adb0e1552f9e7cad85cd2351f7.jpg

For people in bigger cities and more populated areas that will probably seem slow, but for the North of Scotland it is damn good!!

49 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like the speed of my internet after upgrading my subscription and receiving a new router today! 

Ookla.jpg.a0af27adb0e1552f9e7cad85cd2351f7.jpg

For people in bigger cities and more populated areas that will probably seem slow, but for the North of Scotland it is damn good!!

A bit better than ours anyway! :angry: It is through wifi though and a LOT better than a lot of folk get up here so can't really complain :wink:

6284069300.png

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6284069300

I do like relaxing with a 1 litre bottle of Southern Comfort!! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

no got to be a bottle rum for me, or in the beer garden with a nice tall pint.

I do like getting Pipper's post op appointments booked with her favourite vet. :smile:

Due to the fact she came into heat 2 days after she came to the Rescue (before I adopted her), the Rescue's vet wasn't able to spay her before her adoption.  Whilst i was more than happy to arrange for my our vet to it at an appropriate time (3 months after she'd concluded being in heat).  The Rescue insisted their vets did it and Pipper's vet to take over on the post op side of things. 

Pipper is having her spay tomorrow morning.:mellow:  Having had a chicken carcase for tea at 5pm she is now nil by mouth, including I thought surprisingly, anything to drink.:ohmy: I don't recall when I was nil by mouth being denied anything to drink prior to surgery.  but then again, I was not having a surgery in the genito-urinary area; merely some leg work.  Molly is now puzzled as to why I've lifted all the communal water bowls off the floors; and placed them on shelves and table tops, where she can can still drink from them: but Pipper cannot.

20 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I used to like Southern Comfort but find it way too sweet nowadays.  I don't know if they've altered the recipe and it is now sweeter, or it's always been that sweet and I've gone off sweet drinks:unsure:

17 minutes ago, GMX said:

I used to like Southern Comfort but find it way too sweet nowadays.  I don't know if they've altered the recipe and it is now sweeter, or it's always been that sweet and I've gone off sweet drinks:unsure:

I know what you mean, I started off my spirits drinking career with dark rum and blackcurrant, progressed onto whisky and lemonade and then onto vodka and lemonade. Recently I've changed the lemonade for tonic and even drink 'neat' tonic as a refreshing drink! And I've started appreciating gin as well, a few years ago even the smell offended me!  Lemonade is just too sweet for me now. 

• Like 1

I did like the temporary traffic lights that went amber to red just as I was approaching, then, no sooner had I stopped, cycled back to green again :smile:.

• Like 1

i do like getting multipul assignments for my apprentiship compleated makes me think im being rarther productive today on an 11 hour college day 

• Like 1

I do like having a drive past my possible new home tonight... 

• Like 2

I do like having a drive past my possible new home tonight... 

the local police station?? lol
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, iantt said:

the local police station?? lol

No, the local mental hospital!! :laugh:

• Like 2

I do like the weather being consistently dry for the past eight days.😎

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club