Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7
聽Share

Finally after what seems like an age my C4 had been sold, it's been sat on the drive for most of the year.

Now I can happily fiddle around with my car on the drive in peace 馃槅

IMG_7585.thumb.JPG.c6c36a4b667211e29f8ffbee7206c667.JPG

• Like 1

I do like watching a good film, drinking some good rum and smoking some good cigarettes!!聽

I do like accompanying Pipper for an extended stroll along the river Stour.聽:smile: Pipper wanted to go in the river at Cowgrove, where it's quite shallow, and several other dogs (3 labs, a collie and a Cairn terrier) were already playing and splashing about there. However, I'd only applied her Advocate this morning and it expressly says "keep your dog dry for 24 hours after application" : Pipper had to contend herself with being a spectator this time.

After spending Friday afternoon howling like a wolf, she stopped as quickly as she started. One howl yesterday morning and that was it. If it was a side effect of her Galastop: it must have been just an initial "new medication my system" howl and now she's had a couple of doses, the need to howl has gone.聽

The Alford house looks nice, nice area as well.聽

I'd have the house in Alford too, looks very nice!

I have just bought a brand new 3 bed detached house off plan with garage, double drive and front/rear gardens for 拢215k. The exact same house 100miles south of here is 拢320k

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I'd have the house in Alford too, looks very nice!

I have just bought a brand new 3 bed detached house off plan with garage, double drive and front/rear gardens for 拢215k. The exact same house 100miles south of here is 拢320k

Pretty similar prices here in the town, a wee bit less in the country. We've just had our 2 year old 4 bed house valued at around 235.聽

I quite like seeing what you can get for your money 'down south' even around Inverness area there seems to be a big variation in prices, I suppose it's a lot to do with Location, Location, Location.聽

Pretty similar prices here in the town, a wee bit less in the country. We've just had our 2 year old 4 bed house valued at around 235.聽

I quite like seeing what you can get for your money 'down south' even around Inverness area there seems to be a big variation in prices, I suppose it's a lot to do with Location, Location, Location.聽

My house is in Phase 1 of the development and the same house in Phase 2 which is just over the road is 拢15K more. Not sure there is much difference in 'location' there lol. It's all about what people are willing to pay, end of the day it's the same bricks and mortar and the same cowboys, I mean builders throwing them up.

Are you over on one of the Islands @Turvey I forget now, sorry.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Are you over on one of the Islands @Turvey I forget now, sorry.

No, we live in the 'big city' 聽Kirkwall population 10,000 :-)聽

• Like 2

I do like having thought about it for while, finally applied to become a volunteer for the animal rescue that Pipper came from.聽 Who quite co-incidently are having novelty dog show and a fayre tomorrow, in which I (albeit fronted by Pipper, as I like to remain anonymous in these sort of matters) am sponsoring some of the dog show classes.

https://www.margaretgreenanimalrescue.org.uk/GroundDog_Day_Dorset

• Like 6

Being 6ft tall;聽
I do like having successfully raised all of the downstairs;聽light switches on the walls聽up from there original height of 43" from floor up to there new more comfortable and aesthetically pleasant height of 54" inches up from the floor.馃憤
I now need some more expanding foam and pollyfiller,聽to complete before painting, all switches upstairs are already 54" up from the floor.
IMG_20170520_100338_zpsqrc3vftx_edit_149
20170520_112741_zpsd39aswj5_edit_1495353
20170520_122419_zpsq7ehdhec_edit_1495353
20170523_121048_zpskgefc1o1.jpg
20170523_133333_zpsycn8qeou.jpg
20170520_154630_zpsht72ydtf_edit_1495352
20170523_121117_zpsxgvrks67.jpg
20170523_133347_zpssfnjqcfl.jpg
09_zpspf5bv2uv.jpg
10_zpsnvmv1htf.jpg
20170516_083453_zpst49klyno.jpg
  • Like 1

I do like how as I drive the Lexus more am getting better miles to a tank. I started off at 370miles and now it had risen to 405miles. Getting closer to my focus.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I do like receiving the new keyring for my 405!聽 WP_20170524_13_07_07_Pro.thumb.jpg.2500b85efa76a7f8c39f616eec677f49.jpg

I do like a cold beer in the garden now I'm home
IMG_2212.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk

• Like 3

its beer o clock for me as well now, better late than never , sun gone now but still warm in garden.

• Like 1

Just now, iantt said:

its beer o clock for me as well now, better late than never , sun gone now but still warm in garden.

nothing better :smile:

• Like 1

聽just refueled and think my miles to empty is a bit optermistic even for a 1.0 ecoboost focus!! and real is mpg is only 62mpg , not 65mpg. lol

IMG_20170525_203832737.jpg

• Like 1

I do like that Pipper has decided pigs ears are as acceptable as stinky sticks for her bedtime snack last night.:smile: I've mislaid the other bags of stinky sticks somewhere in the office.聽:ohmy: Whereas, every room seems to have a couple of bags of ears in it.聽 She is yet to change her position on dried sprats (8 bags in hand) and fish in general though, unlike Brandy: Pipper seems to loathe fish.

Having just spoken to them, the novelty dog show that I (fronted by Pipper) sponsored some of the classes (along with others ) raised more in sponsorship, than the rescue has ever had for an event, or indeed expected:smile:聽 I, or rather Pipper, will be doing it again at their annual show in August:smile:

Although still in the early planning stages, next year Pipper and I, possibly with others, will be repeating a sponsored walk that was undertaken by 4 of the MAGR staff members, in 2011 from the Devon centre to the Church Knowle HQ, as part of a much longer walk.聽 Where we will walk between all the centres that they have; and may also include their retail charity shops, starting and finishing, at the Winterbourne Kingston site Pipper came from. It will be a multi-day walk, aiming to walk around 25-30 miles each day.聽 Google maps (which isn't too good when looking at footpaths and bridleways) estimate the distance between centres and back, to be around 230 miles

• Like 2

60mpg out of a 1.0 ecoboost? Blimey. You related to Reginald Molehusband? That's unbelievable and staggering. Never got close in any of my ford diesels. Mind you hit it regularly in the MG ZT diesel I had.

Ha ha iant and your photo. I can photo my 2.0 ecoboost after 1 mile averaging 99.9mpg. Jeez I fell for that lol

nope, thats my mpg. seriously.

, i only reset the trip when i filled up, not the mpg

I do like that Molly has finally come down from next door's roof and is tucking into a bowl Tesco beef chunks in jelly聽 I'm not entirely sure how she got up there:unsure:聽 There's no nearby fence, building or hedge to leap from.

46 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

Never got close in any of my ford diesels. Mind you hit it regularly in the MG ZT diesel I had.

Neither have I in the Mk2 Focus, but I did manage 71mpg in the Astra once, during the period when the turbo had failed.

I do like having a weekend off work!!!聽 Just need to figure out what I'm going to do with it...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like having a weekend off work!!!聽 Just need to figure out what I'm going to do with it...

Can't figure out anything 'fun' to do with mine, so decided to wash my car聽:smile:

• Like 2

A nice week off work coming up, plenty to do though. In the garden and around the house. It beats waking up at 5.45 every morning 馃槈

• Like 2

I do like the spot I've got for Kiss tonight. Right next to Paul Stanley's mini stage [emoji3]d762cbfc45839f860fdca81b6bd76c13.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I do like taking Pipper for a 33 mile walk, in and around the New Forest, having deviated off the Avon Valley path in an easterly direction, at Sopley.:smile:聽 We were only rained twice, contrary to forecast "heavy rain from midday onwards"; once heavily and then about 20 minutes later a further light shower.聽 We returned in bright sunshine.

I also like having dismantled my oven, and tested everything: it's not the oven at fault.:smile:聽 Plugged into an extension on both a kitchen socket and then retested in the hall, it works perfectly:smile:

It's either the wall socket, which is located in a spectacularly awkward place to get to (behind the built in fridge!:ohmy: What was the electrician thinking when he put it there?), the cabling to it or the MCB (if it indeed has it's own)聽 My consumer unit labelling bears no resemblance to the actual circuits wired to the MCBs - as I discovered previously when a halogen downlighter developed a fault and tripped the upstairs circuit MCB (which had been labelled "Kitchen"):ohmy:聽 "Upstairs Lighting" turned out to be the power shower in master bedroom en suite!! :wacko:It looks like whoever labelled it was not the person who actually wired it up, and just had some random guesses.聽 "Downstairs Mains" is the only one that is correct:unsure:

• Like 2