Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Well, @Micro I played CAH last night. With the in laws! Who I have now found out are both perverted and racist lol. One of the funniest nights in a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Jonro2009 said:

Well, @Micro I played CAH last night. With the in laws! Who I have now found out are both perverted and racist lol. One of the funniest nights in a while.

What exactly is Cards Against Humanity?

30 minutes ago, GMX said:

What exactly is Cards Against Humanity?

It seems to be a game using pre-printed cards, with few if any firm rules, a little along the lines of "Mock the Week".

Question cards are answered using reply cards, with the "winner" being arbitrarily and usually very biassed-ly declared by the asker or by consensus, based on the rudest, most ridiculous, least PC, or most humorous answer.

Especially when combined with some alcohol, it will be very good at revealing hidden personality traits in your (Ex?ohmy.png !) friends, and maybe making new friends.

A deceptively simple idea, I think I can see why it has become so popular!

The clever bit is the reply cards, so all players have a chance of making a good answer, not just the rapier quick witted ones.

• Like 3

I was going to post an answer but unfortunately the marketing department has got there first, lol

In fairness the answer above is better than any explanation I could give, truly got the game down to a T.

• Like 4

Wessex Water have completed the union between my house, the meter and their new main. :smile: The slow moving powered "mole" pipe borer on a cable was a great source of fascination to Molly, she kept joining them in their hole, trying to "paw" it back out.:laugh:.  They have yet to fill in the access holes right across the pavement at the bottom of my drive, it's been temporarily plated again.

The water pressure seem to be lot higher than it was though. It blew my kitchen sink tap diffuser off, when I refilled Pipper's kitchen bowl!:ohmy: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GMX said:

The slow moving powered "mole" pipe borer on a cable was a great source of fascination to Molly, she kept joining them in their hole, trying to "paw" it back out

I hope she was wearing an orange jacket and a hard hat laugh.png. I have a vision of a cat down a hole, with two men trying to work, and with the cat trying to "help".

• Like 1

My mum!

Not sure if you have posted this or if your mum has stolen your phone and done the FOC equivalent of 'fraping' you lol

• Like 3

I do like spending a couple of hours at the rescue this afternoon, despite the drizzle, walking and entertaining two women at either end the age spectrum: a lady of mature years and a teenager:laugh:. Peanut the very affectionate Staffie and then Sweetpea the bouncy enthusiastic Lurcher.

https://www.margaretgreenanimalrescue.org.uk/42177

https://www.margaretgreenanimalrescue.org.uk/42188

On 18/07/2017 at 2:34 PM, Tdci-Peter said:

I hope she was wearing an orange jacket and a hard hat laugh.png. I have a vision of a cat down a hole, with two men trying to work, and with the cat trying to "help".

One of the engineers eventually bribed her out of the hole with a piece of his tuna sandwich and a bit of scotch egg. 

She joined them again today, but in my neighbour's hole, or rather holes.  The mole got stuck twice, against some impenetrable hard buried object, meaning they kept having to dig further access holes a metre away from the previous one. After the second time they switched to the less interesting (for Molly), horizontal boring drill rig. She will no doubt join them tomorrow at next door but one, when the mole is in operation again:laugh:

• Like 2

I do like getting the one advisory for the Qashqai sorted last night 😀

One rear brake pad was worn more than the others so got them changed, mate at work is a mechanic in the garage and does homers for a select few. Pads changed, discs taken off and cleaned up, handbrake adjusted and reassembled with copper grease so hopefully won't sieze up again. £20! 😎

Hopefully keep Mrs Turvey happy when we're away on Monday, she wasn't happy about going down Berriedale Braes with 'dodgy brakes' 🙄😁

• Like 1

I do like getting the one advisory for the Qashqai sorted last night [emoji3]

One rear brake pad was worn more than the others so got them changed, mate at work is a mechanic in the garage and does homers for a select few. Pads changed, discs taken off and cleaned up, handbrake adjusted and reassembled with copper grease so hopefully won't sieze up again. £20! [emoji41]

Hopefully keep Mrs Turvey happy when we're away on Monday, she wasn't happy about going down Berriedale Braes with 'dodgy brakes' [emoji849][emoji16]

I don't like going anywhere near the Braes no matter what shape my car is in, good or bad. It's a horribly dangerous stretch

3 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I don't like going anywhere near the Braes no matter what shape my car is in, good or bad. It's a horribly dangerous stretch

Aye, they can be a bit dodgy right enough. Although I think we've only had one slightly scary moment. We were following an artic heading north and it ground to a halt on the hairpin and started spinning the wheels and moving backwards! Quick check of the mirrors, nothing behind, reverse down the hill a bit to get out of the way. Artic made it up with much spinning and clutch slipping. 

Nice scenery though 😉

• Like 1

Couple of likes today...firstly, at long last, I'm being offered a permanent contract with the RFA!

More of a like: PUPPY!!  She's growing soo quickly!!  Most people think she's 7 or 8 months old...not 3!!

Only another 2 weeks before we can walk her properly!!  Being so bright and energetic, she's getting bored and frustrated being at home...no matter how many toys we have for her, or games we play.  Some of her favourite toys are the random crap we've acquired...couple of lengths of rope (handy being able to tie knots), an old fender...not to mention socks...the stinkier the better!!

She has calmed a little since swapping her diet to raw.  Local butchers have a good range of meat they put aside for dogs :biggrin:  

She also loves frozen blueberries!!:laugh:

• Like 2

I do like Pipper has now come to the end of her restricted walks, and can now go tackle the stairs, jump on furniture and generally run about; like spaniels love to.:smile:  We celebrated the lifting of her restrictions with a 10 mile walk in the unseasonal driving rain this evening:laugh:

3 hours ago, SeanW said:

firstly, at long last, I'm being offered a permanent contract with the RFA!

Congratulations Sean:smile:

3 hours ago, SeanW said:

She has calmed a little since swapping her diet to raw.  Local butchers have a good range of meat they put aside for dogs :biggrin:  

Pipper has raw, as did Brandy before her.  Pipper however, loathes fish: whereas Brandy loved it.   I still have a draw full of mackerel, sardines, and cod pieces in the freezer, that Pipper inherited from Brandy, but she'd rather not eat: than have a fish in her bowl.  Pipper prefers chicken, lamb, various game and beef: but definitely nothing from the sea

3 hours ago, SeanW said:

She also loves frozen blueberries!!:laugh:

Pipper and Molly (surprisingly) have stripped all the lower limbs of ripe fruit, on my blueberry bushes, and the local birdlife has taken all the upper fruit:ohmy: 

• Like 2

Moving house tomorrow finally getting a drive and garage I wanted to mess around with the car happy days ! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, zetec Adam said:

Moving house tomorrow finally getting a drive and garage I wanted to mess around with the car happy days ! 

wish I had a garage:sad:

I will be lucky if I can get the car in and open the door to get out but still a garage is a garage haha I just was stubborn with my lass saying I'm not moving no were unless is has a garage and drive lucky enuf one came about haha

• Like 1

Driving down to Leicester I was stunned to be overtaken by an E plate Lamborghini Espada. What a car. Not seen one since the 80's. Fantastic to see one on the road and according to wiki there were only 1421 produced.

• Like 2

I took my car for a mini valet. The drivers floor mat was looking old. Blimey it looks like new after the guy sprayed the black bits wirh satin black spray paint! Wow what a brill idea. Looks like new now.

I took my car for a mini valet. The drivers floor mat was looking old. Blimey it looks like new after the guy sprayed the black bits wirh satin black spray paint! Wow what a brill idea. Looks like new now.

Is there enough elasticity in the paint for it to be used on carpet? I doubt it will wear well though. Good short term fix though

I'd think coz of the ply of the mat paint elasticity isn't a problem. Still looks good after a week.

• Like 1

I do like today's bargain - 2003 Rover 45 2.0 Diesel with brand new tyres for £130!

WP_20170730_14_45_15_Pro.thumb.jpg.fa3c66baf378796168dd48f7503a8765.jpg

Not quite sure what I'm going to do with it, but I couldn't say no at that price.

• Like 3

Bargain mate, nice one 😉

I take it the health has improved? 

26 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Bargain mate, nice one 😉

I take it the health has improved? 

Not really, another doctors appointment tomorrow so we'll see what happens. 

Regardless of what the outcome is though, you just have to carry on living and remember there is always someone worse off.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club