Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

That's just KFC restocking their meat.
You didn't really think chicken had 4 legs did you? [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lenny said:

While at KFC did you notice a gathering of cats around the parking area which is generally close to the drive-tru?

Reason I ask is because there's always atleast 3 or 4 most I saw at once was 7 cats waiting around the Car park outside KFC staring in the Car Windows 😅 people must be throwing out the chicken bones or somthing. 

Just wondering if other KFC's are pussey magnets aswell or is it just out local 

Next time you go snap a pic if you can, that is fascinating

Sadly no pussys at my KFC, or any of the ones I've frequented in the past! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Next time you go snap a pic if you can, that is fascinating

Sadly no pussys at my KFC, or any of the ones I've frequented in the past! :laugh:

Will do mate,

May be a couple of weeks Before I'm there as it's 40 minutes drive away in carlow town but I will get some KFC and get the camera out, 

Also saw this article recently about cats attraction to nothing but KFC yall https://www.google.ie/amp/s/gizmodo.com/this-story-about-feral-cats-eating-kfc-only-gets-weirde-1791026350/amp 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My new galaxy S7 first main Android phone i have had coming from iPhone 6s and its an amazing phone in all ways.

• Like 2

I do like .... My heated steering wheel !!!! biggrin.png

I know, wad a wimp! blush.png

Well, I do have an excuse, I have been increasingly getting some form of Reynaud's, or white finger.

The trigger factors are a mix of stress, concentration, tiredness, lack of physical activity, and cold, particularly a sudden drop in hand temperature. So getting into a cold car on a cold, dark evening, after a tiring day spent at a desk, is an almost perfect storm of causes.

It is not painful, but is uncomfortable and distracting. Fingers go a bit numb and tingly. And it takes a long time to get circulation back. A bowl of warm water is best, but not available in my car. Perhaps I should get a camper van! huh.png No, I am not that desperate yet!

Gloves are almost useless, positive heat is needed.

But now that direct heat from just where I hold the wheel is a great feeling. It makes winter driving really quite enjoyable. And it has cured my lifelong bad habit of holding the wheel with one hand, or in odd places. I am almost glued to the 3 & 9 position!

Maybe what I want now is a heated gearstick knob... No that really would be a Wimp thing.laugh.png

Making & fitting the heating elements to a Mk2, lowish original spec Focus, was a long story, they are not available normally, and the power (only about 20W) has to go via the clockspring unit. There were 3 tracks available, including the cruise control pair not implemented on my car (maybe sometime?), and a voltage booster is used to keep the current down to acceptable limits. But it is finally working under automatic control, just in time for the cold weather.smile.png

I just hope it stays working.

2 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

A bowl of warm water is best, but not available in my car. Perhaps I should get a camper van! huh.png No, I am not that desperate yet!

Could you just get one of the cheap "seat heaters", and wrap it around the steering wheel for 5 mins before you drive? Once the metal underneath is heated it should stay warmer. Might be able to pull more than 20W from the cig lighter and heat quicker. Alternatively just sit on it if you don't have heated seats :P

One good thing about my previous Corsa (yes!) was the plastic/foam steering wheel. Took next to no time to warm up compared to the Focus... But then again, im quite tolerant of the cold, was out hanging flood lights yesterday in a t-shirt, the car read 3 degrees...

11 hours ago, Micro said:

im quite tolerant of the cold, was out hanging flood lights yesterday in a t-shirt, the car read 3 degrees...

Shudder! :ohmy:

I can not work now for more than a minute or so outside in the cold without thick gloves, so fiddly jobs like hanging lights are very hard! And even gloves only give a few more minutes protection, the cold soon penetrates. I am sitting in an office, room temp about 20C, and my finger tip temperature I just measured, was 19.7C.

I quite like going out in the cold, if I can just keep my hands warm.

So it needs heat for more than just the 1st 5 minutes or thereabouts, thus a continuous power feed was needed for me.

For most people, who actually have some heat flow into their fingers, a pre-warming solution, or gloves would work fine.

On the way to Shrewsbury I went thru a village called Cockshutt. There's a pub there called the leaky tap. Made me chuckle.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Turvey said:
On 06/09/2017 at 7:49 PM, jmurray01 said:

Don't know why it keeps doing that! :angry:

I do like getting the international trucking signal known as the armpump from a wee kid this morning. The smile on his face when I sounded the horn was priceless :smile: I just wish I had been in my own truck which has a decent horn, however I was in an old Merc whose horn sounds like it was robbed of a 1950s Morris Minor! :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do like having this bottle of beer tonight. Seemed appropriate given the weather conditions today :biggrin:

IMG_20171207_175645298.jpg

• Like 3

It has been a little warmer but tomorrow I heard it'll drop again 

i do like the snow not too keen on clearing the car in it though. snowy.thumb.jpg.2c4d5cbe0f7877f1f323de9cede9c0b7.jpg

• Like 1

I do like the Focus passing it's MOT today :smile:

Mind you, it's only done 1500 miles since the last one. I only use it to go to work and back with the occasional dump run. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AlexBartlam said:

i do like the snow not too keen on clearing the car in it though. snowy.thumb.jpg.2c4d5cbe0f7877f1f323de9cede9c0b7.jpg

Has it started snowing in the UK? No snow here in London but it's becoming shivering cold now 

I do like getting my new car yesterday.  A ST250!!!!!  

• Like 3

I can't believe it - seems like the entire country is getting snow, bar my town!! Zzzz how boring. Nothing worse than having bitter cold but no snow.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Incontro said:

I can't believe it - seems like the entire country is getting snow, bar my town!! Zzzz how boring. Nothing worse than having bitter cold but no snow.

It's just about cleared up now well still have some snow on the windscreen and roof but I haven't driven the car since the snow. Ain't looking forward for the colder weather brrr. 

Not a car, but we had nearly a foot in Brum :santa:

5a2f83a44d562_IMG_5852(1).thumb.JPG.b5d2b923be1813c8fb273ef06cee9da7.JPG

Luckily I keep my car under shelter!

I do like snow though.

On 11/12/2017 at 10:14 PM, zain611 said:

It's just about cleared up now well still have some snow on the windscreen and roof but I haven't driven the car since the snow. Ain't looking forward for the colder weather brrr. 

Precisely, bring on summer and the longer days.

• Like 2

Heading to Glasgow and then onto the shores of Gareloch on thursday and just seen the weather reports.
Oooh crapsky!!

I'll be bringing that back [emoji41].
Taking up a couple of bottles of vintage Taylors Port to see a couple of mates that are Majors based up there in the Royal Marines.
Supping port is part of their traditions. [emoji5]

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club