Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I guessed that Lenny lol

• Like 1

Fitted halos in. Next is door regulator and for the first time could use the driver side window. 

IMG_20180204_190140_624.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

has it it told you that you are an eco champion yet or advanced driver?

• Haha 1

I just ignore that and enjoy my car.
You don't buy an ST to be an eco nerd [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just shift gears at speeds you know the engine will be able to handle without stalling. I shift to second at 10mph and 3rd at around 20mph and 4th at 30mph. My car is able to roll at 15mph in 3rd gear and 10mph in second. That's another thing to check, what speed the car would roll at in each gear. 

Or if you wanted to enjoy motoring even more, you could buy a Lada :wink3:

• Haha 1

Ok, this can be classed as something I do and don't like.

I sort of like seeing some poor beggar driving a dark grey 60 plate Corsa that had obviously been vandalised for some reason-

Rear window missing and a loose binbag in it's place plus swirly lines of green spray paint over every panel including the roof.

Obviously the owner had peed someone off pretty badly.

His face was a picture as I drove by him (not a happy looking camper at all).

Couldn't happen to a better car.

What I don't like is the wanton criminal vandalism of someone's pride & joy (even if it is a Poxhall).

I did laugh, though i know I shouldn't have.

8 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Ok, this can be classed as something I do and don't like.

I sort of like seeing some poor beggar driving a dark grey 60 plate Corsa that had obviously been vandalised for some reason-

Rear window missing and a loose binbag in it's place plus swirly lines of green spray paint over every panel including the roof.

Obviously the owner had peed someone off pretty badly.

His face was a picture as I drove by him (not a happy looking camper at all).

Couldn't happen to a better car.

What I don't like is the wanton criminal vandalism of someone's pride & joy (even if it is a Poxhall).

I did laugh, though i know I shouldn't have.

Ahh a case of "sorry, not sorry!"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, iantt said:

has it it told you that you are an eco champion yet or advanced driver?

No! :ohmy:  I'll have that to look forward to lol!

12 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

You don't buy an ST to be an eco nerd emoji6.png

Yeah but mines a 1.6 diesel, it's not meant for enjoyment... :wink: 

Tbf, I haven't been driving it specifically for economy, was just flicking through the menu the other day and noticed the eco mode was all green! :laugh: 

11 hours ago, zain611 said:

Just shift gears at speeds you know the engine will be able to handle without stalling. I shift to second at 10mph and 3rd at around 20mph and 4th at 30mph. My car is able to roll at 15mph in 3rd gear and 10mph in second. That's another thing to check, what speed the car would roll at in each gear. 

I'm not sure how much the EcoMode uses the shift light, as I don't watch for the light, just drive as I'd drive any other car, changing early in traffic or holding a gear longer for power.   The 8v 1.6 isn't happy rolling in gear on the governor tbh, it drives quite petrolly really, pulls well higher up the revs but always have to give it some throttle to pull away cleanly which is weird for a diesel!    

14 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Ahh a case of "sorry, not sorry!"

Indeed.

I shouldn't have laughed but just had to.

• Like 1

My mother has been a "recycle and reuse " person  for a number of years before it became fashionable to do so. Had a bag of items off her last week. And it came in this bag!!!!  Bet she wants it back for shopping next at Waitrose. 

15188641864031628039250.jpg

• Like 2

My mum is the same. She stashes all the asda bags in the kitchen. Sometimes they all come tumbling down on the floor 🤣 

Back when bags were free, strong and didn't disintegrate all over the place...  Tried to explain to my Nan she can't keep biodegradeable bags... :laugh:   

The 5p charge has worked well though, I'm still using the BFL's they gave out free the week before the 5p charge came in. :wink: However I'm now buying bin liners for rubbish instead. :unsure: 

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Back when bags were free, strong and didn't disintegrate all over the place...  Tried to explain to my Nan she can't keep biodegradeable bags... :laugh:   

The 5p charge has worked well though, I'm still using the BFL's they gave out free the week before the 5p charge came in. :wink: However I'm now buying bin liners for rubbish instead. :unsure: 

Things don't last as long as they used to. My parents bought a new mattress and base and one of the draws already broke so had to get a replacement. The old bed lasted for 10 years. Also with cars, there's a lot more plastic in them than metal even in the engine bay. 

17 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Things don't last as long as they used to. My parents bought a new mattress and base and one of the draws already broke so had to get a replacement. The old bed lasted for 10 years. Also with cars, there's a lot more plastic in them than metal even in the engine bay. 

Well you say that...but Ians Mums carrier bag lasted a lot longer than the Austin Rover cars... :laugh:  I agree though, every time I buy things recently it's obvious the quality has dropped, clotches, electricals, cars lol...

Plastic is cheap, robust and light tbf, but I do hope they can recycle hard plastic somehow.  I'm not exactly an eco warrior but I hate putting things in landfill that won't biodegrade.  I always thought hard plastic couldn't be recycled but there is a bin for it at the dump so I guess they must do something with it...

• Like 1

I do like having the time off today to begin creating a panel for the attic which I plan to mount on the block wall to eliminate excess cables aswell as adding some new ones.

20180127_190413.thumb.jpg.0f4fe4adf3305f560f71b105209c7ea3.jpg

I've spaced it out from the wall using strips of pine wood to create a cavity space to allow cables pass behind it as well as increased air flow.

20180218_102721.thumb.jpg.be6134dab30e856d7fdf1ce8e841c8f6.jpg

I started at 10am with a blank sheet of MDF and two lengths of pine,

20180218_181534.thumb.jpg.0ca67e027f7897b97139282edf8cf29d.jpg

I'm very happy with the way it turned out; ts not finished yet but it's currently as far as I can go because I'm awaiting delivery of:

Proception Master head aerial amplifier 

3-way Virginmedia splitter

6 port F-type plate (for the white box on the right there)

to finish the panel.

20180218_181418.thumb.jpg.525a5db7d0a1e05fd414327d9c2c9baa.jpg

20180218_181500.thumb.jpg.3eb5b9ee95dc72227ba897e8b7c5cd5e.jpg

The black folding shelf is for a DVR which will link to the HDMI Modulator allowing it to be tuned in on all Television's within the home.

Been working six days a week since Christmas and planning things to do in the house, it was great to finally put some of those plans in to action today. 

• Like 1

On 12/02/2018 at 9:04 PM, Stoney871 said:

You don't buy an ST to be an eco nerd emoji6.png

Is it in the menu on the ST? Can't say I've looked....

Is it in the menu on the ST? Can't say I've looked....
It is but I don't particularly care how many petals I earn.
[emoji847]

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hywelkidd said:

I do like finding stuff like this on eBay

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173170474695

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Should be called 'ka up' or 'pick up ka'. That is a good project however I can't see myself ruining the originality of a car.  

Looks like old is faster than new. Obviously it comes down to the engine

boss at work treating us to pizza and extras  for lunch on friday. our local dominos are not going to be happy. 20 large pizzas, 6 garlic pizza bread, chicken strips , wedges etc. lol they wont get that on there electric  scooter. @hywelkidd

• Like 3

boss at work treating us to pizza and extras  for lunch on friday. our local dominos are not going to be happy. 20 large pizzas, 6 garlic pizza bread, chicken strips , wedges etc. lol they wont get that on there electric  scooter. [mention=56811]hywelkidd[/mention]
Good job I won't be in for that one then [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

your lucky anyway, stratford is our nearest. lol

do you think they will manage and all hot