Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

6 hours ago, Turvey said:

I do like getting our first eggs from our chickens! :smile:

IMG_20180405_072123946.jpg

Eggcellent!  You must be eggstatic!  

It's truly eggstrodinary.  Another feather for your cap.  You really are clucky to have them - just don't put them all in one basket.  And whatever you do - be careful crossing the road!!

I'm sorry (not really)...I'll stop cracking the egg yolks.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, SeanW said:

Eggcellent!  You must be eggstatic!  

It's truly eggstrodinary.  Another feather for your cap.  You really are clucky to have them - just don't put them all in one basket.  And whatever you do - be careful crossing the road!!

I'm sorry (not really)...I'll stop cracking the egg yolks.

Just Beat It 🕺

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Been looking for some CCTV for a while. Needs to be reasonable quality, but not break the bank. Tried a couple of "China" systems advertising 1080p... they really were not anything of the sort. Low and behold a Maplin Sentient system appears on eBay, 3 cameras, POE, 8ch 1080p NVR with 1TB WD Purple drive (these retail at £45ish new). Thought it'd go for a lot more than just £40.

And then I do like that it turns out to be a rebadged Dahua NVR-4108P, so although it was made in 2015, it successfully flashed the latest Dahua firmware for the 4108p, so now has more features, and now should be compatible with the current remote viewing app. (Plus the vulnerability of people remoting into it disabled).

• Like 1

So, my laptop decided to stop working over the weekend...resulting in me needing to rather quickly purchase a new one.  Admittedly, an expense I really could have done without!  But hey ho.  It's a nice machine - my first Lenovo!  Decided to go for an AMD chip this time.  Primarily because of its improved onboard graphics that can work in tandem with the graphics card.  So far, it's making a big difference in photo editing!

Anyway...after spending 7 hours doing updates, I managed to get around to re-installing my printers etc.  Few teething problems with those, tomorrow is another day.  I've also checked the vinyl plotter works.  I may have decided to add a vinyl sticker to the lid of my new machine...

pirate.jpg

• Like 3

I do like getting a big win on the national today... Wish I'd put a whole pound on each way now! :laugh:

IMG_20180414_193141.jpg.9eeae934598c494104de292c68591e32.jpg

• Like 2

I really like that last Wednesday I shocked my employer with my resignation. The resignation letter unlike the 1st one 2 years ago was totally blasting him for his crap.

Started a new job today and only a 17 min walk .

• Like 1

I'm starting to like the mondeo zetec s and ST however my dad is pushing me to getting a German car as the fords he has kept had rust underneath and reliability wasn't to good. With my car there is rust on the wheel arch and underneath and things which I had to do fix were only reconditioning the injectors and changing the brake fluid pipes which go to the rear. 

_20180417_192843.JPG

German cars rust as well, just look at the wings on any 10 year old VW/Audi/Merc/BMW...  Fords used to rust horrifically which is partly why the survivors are now worth big money.  Even up to the Mk1 Focus, Mk4 Fiesta and Puma would rust pretty quickly, but Mk2 Focus and Mk6 Fiesta seem to keep rust off better so far, just the odd sill needs doing in harsh weather areas.  I'm fairly certain the mk3 Focus' will mostly be rusty at 10 years old with all the water leaks they already have though! :laugh: 

Saw the new fiesta ST today. What a stunning looking car. Yes I like it.

On 18/04/2018 at 9:44 AM, TomsFocus said:

German cars rust as well, just look at the wings on any 10 year old VW/Audi/Merc/BMW...  Fords used to rust horrifically which is partly why the survivors are now worth big money.  Even up to the Mk1 Focus, Mk4 Fiesta and Puma would rust pretty quickly, but Mk2 Focus and Mk6 Fiesta seem to keep rust off better so far, just the odd sill needs doing in harsh weather areas.  I'm fairly certain the mk3 Focus' will mostly be rusty at 10 years old with all the water leaks they already have though! :laugh: 

As you said that about the wings on German cars the mk4 golf is prone to rusting on the wings. On my dad's bora he changed the wings. There's a sponge block on the sides of the bonnet which are probably there for sucking up vibration. Water starts to collect around there forming rust and making the paint bubble up. 

Liking the weather.

Got pretty spicy in Birmingham yesterday! 

Not sure about the accuracy of vehicle temperature sensors though 

7FEEC153-B898-450B-98F5-F08ED057348A.jpeg

• Like 1

I do like that Microsoft gave me 3 months of Xbox Live subscription (£14.99) after a error on their part meant I lost £5 credit.

I do like getting our first double-yolker at the weekend! :smile:

IMG_20180422_103052553.jpg

• Like 1

I do like getting my business law assignment finished over a week before the due date =]

• Like 3

Good news for Clare - she rang up North Wales Police, not having heard anything for a while...

Lady on the phone apologised profusely - apparently a letter was sent out on the 9th April.

The car that was snapped was nothing like a black CMAX...no idea what it was, don't really care - Clare's in the clear!

NWP are now "liaising" with the DVLA - they reckon it's a mistake on their end with issuing a plate they shouldn't have...but we can keep Clare's private plate!!

We also had a general discussion about where we can take our business - at the moment, we're doing customised printing (mugs, vinyl t-shirts/stickers etc) and we're looking at doing a few shows - she'd like to revive her old photography business, under the LaloëCraft umbrella...she reckons we could make a killing - she was before, but unfortunately her health took a turn after the birth of her daughter, so she gave it up. 

This lead to me jokingly saying we should trade both cars in against a van...which she ummed & ahhed over until I said she was allowed to sticker bomb it :laugh:

I'll give it a few months before I suggest it again...get the house bought first lol

• Like 3

I do like buying a faulty dash camera and trying it and works fine,person said it keeps restarting and yes this does happen if you use the Data/u.s.b lead.

Use the u.s.b power lead that came with it and when buying a longer one look out for the same problem,i have done it.

£80 cam for £12 and all with hard wire kit and a working GPS module..............I like

6 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I do like buying a faulty dash camera and trying it and works fine,person said it keeps restarting and yes this does happen if you use the Data/u.s.b lead.

Use the u.s.b power lead that came with it and when buying a longer one look out for the same problem,i have done it.

£80 cam for £12 and all with hard wire kit and a working GPS module..............I like

Nice - Whats the opposite of caveat emptor??

Vendoris imbecilus??

I do like getting 50% off discs and pads (amongst other goodies at ECP)!

Set of Pagid 278's for the front  - Discs and pads less than £80!

Get over there guys - SALE75 is the code you need ( it is plastered all over the site =])

On 4/28/2018 at 9:32 PM, Phil21185 said:

I do like getting 50% off discs and pads (amongst other goodies at ECP)!

Set of Pagid 278's for the front  - Discs and pads less than £80!

Get over there guys - SALE75 is the code you need ( it is plastered all over the site =])

Love a good ECP sale, they are few and far between these days! :wink:

• Haha 1

I do like finally being able to place an order for the new Fiesta ST.

No idea on the price yet, but dealer didn't ask for a deposit, so easy to walk away (though not likely) if it's stupid expensive when the price list comes out.

I'm in the queue, that's the main thing. :biggrin:

• Like 1

If you don't complete the order, they will have a showroom car for the dealership. I've suggested my possible order to my local dealer as a showroom car as well :biggrin:.

I do like getting the Oreo update for my S7 but a lot of the features i already have off Nova Launcher like changing app colors and shape/size

and a lot of other stuff what Nova Launcher can do and more,glad i have the update for security stuff and small tweaks.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a topic somewhere which I can't find talking about repelling a cat. Funnily enough I found this in morrisons 😂

DSC_0343.JPG

After a spate of local burglaries I decided to get some CCTV sorted. This decision was months ago. Finally got all but one of the cameras in situ. For what I paid for the system (£40 for NVR + 3 cameras, and 1 extra IP camera for £14), and about £25-30 in fittings, fixings and tools, I like that it's been a fairly productive project! (Just need to mount the NVR on it's own shelf and tidy up inside!)

Have to say, for the price (£1.50-£2 each), the Schneider junction boxes from screwfix are the dogs danglies!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club