Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I take it the system was second hand? If not where did you get it from? 

On 5/16/2018 at 5:51 PM, Turvey said:

I take it the system was second hand? If not where did you get it from? 

Second hand (eBay!), although I got a steal. There are units/have been units on eBay going for £100ish+, and if you price the individual components you're looking at £250ish brand new if not more.

It's a rebranded Dahua NVR-4108P, and Dahua ipc-hfw1200sp cameras, made in 2015, but happily updated to Dahua 2017 firmware. The remote viewing doesn't work via the P2P app as the serial number isnt strictly a Dahua one, but I will be setting up a home server/VPN soon to do just that.

• Thanks 1

I like........My car having a Full Dayco cambelt Kit/pump and also Aux belt at a dam good price.

Receipt with all the stuff on and warranty...........Do me.

I like that I don't have to continuously sign in after each period. It looks like I always stay signed in now 😊

I do like that I have solved the mystery that was the occasional clunking sound on our daughters/son's Fiesta.......... however I don't like the fact that it's probably going to cost me a copy of hundred quid to get it sorted!!!

IMG_20180519_173353182.jpg

19 hours ago, Turvey said:

I do like that I have solved the mystery that was the occasional clunking sound on our daughters/son's Fiesta.......... however I don't like the fact that it's probably going to cost me a copy of hundred quid to get it sorted!!!

IMG_20180519_173353182.jpg

Couple of hundred to replace a spring!? 😮

I like seeing how technology has developed over time.  Saw a 1938 diesel road roller at a vintage rally today, seen plenty of steam ones but can't remember seeing a diesel one before. 

I was interested in the manual glowplugs on it.  They had to be unscrewed, the ash from the previous start removed, a new paper bung fitted in the end (looked like a cig filter), paper bung lit with a match, screwed back in and then you've got a few seconds to crank it (takes two people with a massive crank either side) and hope it starts.  If it doesn't start you have to remove the plugs and start again lol.  

Vauxhall by any chance? 🤣

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Couple of hundred to replace a spring!? 😮

I thought it was advisable to replace both front springs at the same time? And both shock absorber dust covers are split and badly perished, meaning the seals are probably going to be full of grit and start leaking soon, and they have to come off to change the springs anyway. 

And Stoney, it's a Fiesta 😁

I thought it was advisable to replace both front springs at the same time? And both shock absorber dust covers are split and badly perished, meaning the seals are probably going to be full of grit and start leaking soon, and they have to come off to change the springs anyway. 

And Stoney, it's a Fiesta [emoji16]
I was referring to the tractor [emoji41]

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

I was referring to the tractor emoji41.png

Tractor? 😮

But no, it was a McLaren!  They've come a long way since... :rolleyes:

IMG_20180520_130220530.thumb.jpg.de9ea862d95592764b3238e9d1abd745.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

And Stoney, it's a Fiesta 😁

A pair of springs is still a long way from £200.  You could lower the whole car on coilovers for that! :tongue:

I wouldn't change shocks unless they're knackered personally, pair of springs is good practice though.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

A pair of springs is still a long way from £200.  You could lower the whole car on coilovers for that! :tongue:

I wouldn't change shocks unless they're knackered personally, pair of springs is good practice though.

Cheapest I could get it all(springs, and shocks plus delivery) is about £150. 

Springs plus new dust covers for the shockers will be about £70 so a lot better. Will have a closer look at shocks before I order 😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I was interested in the manual glowplugs on it.  They had to be unscrewed, the ash from the previous start removed, a new paper bung fitted in the end (looked like a cig filter), paper bung lit with a match, screwed back in and then you've got a few seconds to crank it (takes two people with a massive crank either side) and hope it starts.  If it doesn't start you have to remove the plugs and start again lol.  

I bet once that thing did fire up, practically no force on the planet would stop it :laugh:.

I liked the old tractor model where you screwed something like an overgrown shotgun cartridge into the inlet manifold, stood to one side, hit it with a sledgehammer, and the resulting blast made it jump into life. A lot more exciting than just turning a key!

I love the bit where the cameraman nearly falls over as it finally roars into life!

• Haha 2

That tractor is amazing,good way to start it.

I do like our 17 year old son offering to drive us all home after my mum's 80th birthday meal at the pub this coming Sunday. 

Me-But you're still a learner driver Rhys!

Rhys-Yeah, but I won't be drinking, so you and mum can have a drink. 

Me-Eh, sorry but it doesn't work that way! 😁

14 hours ago, Turvey said:

I do like our 17 year old son offering to drive us all home after my mum's 80th birthday meal at the pub this coming Sunday. 

Me-But you're still a learner driver Rhys!

Rhys-Yeah, but I won't be drinking, so you and mum can have a drink. 

Me-Eh, sorry but it doesn't work that way! 😁

Lol its best to have someone sober to watch his driving. Even I don't like driving the family 10 miles to my grandparents house so my dad drives there. I mum also says to stop in the market area around there. I noticed the drivers in their area drive like idiots. 

31 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Lol its best to have someone sober to watch his driving. Even I don't like driving the family 10 miles to my grandparents house so my dad drives there. I mum also says to stop in the market area around there. I noticed the drivers in their area drive like idiots. 

My Grandad took me out for driving lessons a few times...  He kept falling asleep within 10 minutes of leaving! :laugh: 

37 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

My Grandad took me out for driving lessons a few times...  He kept falling asleep within 10 minutes of leaving! :laugh: 

Lol you must of turned your head to look at him and see him fast asleep 😂. Back when I passed my test I got my Peugeot 107 about 4 months after. After that gap period of waiting to drive again I had to get used to the car and I would wanted someone with me. One thing instructors say which I don't like is they say to use the clutch to move the car forward before applying throttle. With a small car you'd tend to stall it just by using the clutch which first happened to me. Till now I just apply little throttle whilst getting to the bitting point. Diesel are really hard to stall which is something I really like with the fiesta. Only stalled it once in 11 months of driving it. 

24 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Lol you must of turned your head to look at him and see him fast asleep 😂. Back when I passed my test I got my Peugeot 107 about 4 months after. After that gap period of waiting to drive again I had to get used to the car and I would wanted someone with me. One thing instructors say which I don't like is they say to use the clutch to move the car forward before applying throttle. With a small car you'd tend to stall it just by using the clutch which first happened to me. Till now I just apply little throttle whilst getting to the bitting point. Diesel are really hard to stall which is something I really like with the fiesta. Only stalled it once in 11 months of driving it. 

Yeah lol.  I found it made my insurance cheaper to insure a car before passing my test, rather than wait until after, I got a bit of practice in before the test like that as well.

It was a petrol though so I had exactly the same problem, you can't move off without throttle in a petrol like you can in a diesel, so end up stalling the first few times and not knowing why!  Quickly got used to it though...however even now I still prefer the lazy drive of a diesel, just using the clutch for hill starts lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I do like one of the (few) advantages in having twins......

......TWO BIRTHDAY CAKES!!!!!  😂

35159279_10214455571560914_6838620063117869056_o.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I do like Gaelic (Irish) coffee and birthday cake for after tea. 

Too much cream and not enough coffee but was damn good 😎

IMG_20180615_195319226.jpg

• Like 2

Sitting in lots of brand new cars I'll never be able to afford... :lol: 

Went to a car show today where lots of manufacturers bought demo cars out, all unlocked so no awkward asking to sit inside etc.  Amongst them was a V10 R8, around £80k!  They even let a random guy in front of me start and rev it, the noise was awesome lol!  Also tried a lovely A8 and S5...either of those would do at £70k lol.  Ford weren't there sadly, but I then sat in a mk3.5 Focus ST that Honda had bought, couple of years old so closer to my budget I thought...but still way off at £18k lol.  Also sat in a new Nissan Leaf which was surprisingly 'normal' inside, very comfy seats too.  Hyundai i30N also had very comfy seats, and tbh a really nice cabin, I actually quite liked the car overall.  The MG3 cabin was awful, I can see why they're so cheap!  Also sat in a BMW i8 which was a mistake...those are impossible to get out of! :laugh:  But the M3 next to it was more my thing...  Oh and a couple of sporty Merc's that were really uncomfortable, seats were way too hard!  So yeah, I really want a 'nice' car again now lol, don't know how anyone can afford to buy them used, let alone new though! :sad: :lol: 

• Like 1

@TomsFocus which one of those cars would you say you'd pick if you had the money? The R8s are going for dirt cheap. I've seen them go for around 40k which for a super car is cheap. I'd definitely would of enjoyed going to an event like that 😄. Speaking of which I sat in a new golf GTD. Really quiet and powerful. Heard the injectors are more advanced than our diesel cars but cost a lot more. 

When I get a proper job I'm thinking I might get a mazda 3 mps. Comes with the 2.3 turbo engine which came in the focus RS. The mazda with around 60 - 80k miles are going for around 6 - 8k which is cheap compared to a mk2 RS focus which are going for around 15k. Was looking at audi S3 but audis seem to be over priced except when you compare them to VW cars like the golf GTI or R32 where audi A3s with those engines are going for cheaper. 

Here's one I found. I think they all come with bose Speakers as standard. This one has around 57k miles. Don't know whether to get white or black. 

Screenshot_20180618-094628.png

Screenshot_20180618-094534.png

• Like 1

[mention=58818]TomsFocus[/mention] which one of those cars would you say you'd pick if you had the money? The R8s are going for dirt cheap. I've seen them go for around 40k which for a super car is cheap. I'd definitely would of enjoyed going to an event like that [emoji1]. Speaking of which I sat in a new golf GTD. Really quiet and powerful. Heard the injectors are more advanced than our diesel cars but cost a lot more. 
When I get a proper job I'm thinking I might get a mazda 3 mps. Comes with the 2.3 turbo engine which came in the focus RS. The mazda with around 60 - 80k miles are going for around 6 - 8k which is cheap compared to a mk2 RS focus which are going for around 15k. Was looking at audi S3 but audis seem to be over priced except when you compare them to VW cars like the golf GTI or R32 where audi A3s with those engines are going for cheaper. 
Here's one I found. I think they all come with bose speakers as standard. This one has around 57k miles. Don't know whether to get white or black. 
Screenshot_20180618-094628.thumb.png.f14c11b284338c136154bb47a20f3f98.png
Screenshot_20180618-094534.thumb.png.21370bd27128003b20850d186affee51.png
The only issue with mps is steering I had a guy I spoke to at Scottish car show says they handle like a boat untill you spend decent doe on coil overs new adjustable anti roll bars etc which is like 1k into it

The R32 or tt with the V6 with a supercharger on it upgrade is about 3k but sound and speed is worth it enough lol been in one was fkn mental lol Reason I said TT is it's even lighter with that fast engine would make mince meat of most cars out there TTS is your fastest s out of s3 and been known as supercar killers when you spend a bit on them there 0-60 is already mid 4s when you get it remap it usual mods takes it to 508bhp and a mental 0-60 [emoji23]

I will have 8k around next year so for my second car I'm going old skool jap well if all goes well lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club