Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Was looking at the TT 3.2, not much faster just 0.2 secs than the mazda but reasonable prices. TTS claims 5.4 seconds which is 0.4 seconds faster than the S3 and its a bit cheaper than the S3. TTRS is mental claiming 4.7 seconds but are going for a bit more money. Personally I'd get either the TTS or mazda and just remap it. As they both have a turbo you'd get more bhp gains compared to the 3.2 V6. 

What jap car do you have in mind? I'm sure you can pick up a R32 or R33 skyline for 8k. Could get a Evo however not the MR version. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus which one of those cars would you say you'd pick if you had the money? The R8s are going for dirt cheap. I've seen them go for around 40k which for a super car is cheap. I'd definitely would of enjoyed going to an event like that 😄. Speaking of which I sat in a new golf GTD. Really quiet and powerful. Heard the injectors are more advanced than our diesel cars but cost a lot more. 

When I get a proper job I'm thinking I might get a mazda 3 mps. Comes with the 2.3 turbo engine which came in the focus RS. The mazda with around 60 - 80k miles are going for around 6 - 8k which is cheap compared to a mk2 RS focus which are going for around 15k. Was looking at audi S3 but audis seem to be over priced except when you compare them to VW cars like the golf GTI or R32 where audi A3s with those engines are going for cheaper. 

Here's one I found. I think they all come with bose speakers as standard. This one has around 57k miles. Don't know whether to get white or black.

If I had that sort of money I wouldn't just be picking one of them. :wink:   The R8 was awesome tbh, but obviously not overly practical or comfortable...  As a daily the A8 would be ideal!  Realistically a Golf GTi or Focus ST is probably more doable at some point lol.  I'm not a fan of the MPS, I know they're quick...but I just don't like the looks.

• Like 1

Was looking at the TT 3.2, not much faster just 0.2 secs than the mazda but reasonable prices. TTS claims 5.4 seconds which is 0.4 seconds faster than the S3 and its a bit cheaper than the S3. TTRS is mental claiming 4.7 seconds but are going for a bit more money. Personally I'd get either the TTS or mazda and just remap it. As they both have a turbo you'd get more bhp gains compared to the 3.2 V6. 
What jap car do you have in mind? I'm sure you can pick up a R32 or R33 skyline for 8k. Could get a Evo however not the MR version. 
The TTS with a remap to over 400bhp have been clocked just over 3s to 60 which is mental lol but I agree TTS or mps

Right my original plan was a r33 gtr but due to US market they shot up a gtst used to sell for 5k odd now 8k plus
Gtr version was 9k-10k now over 17k ....

But since I was a kid I loved a 300zx and Subaru Imprezas... My mate has a mk1 Ra Subaru so I'm gonna get my 300zx 3.0l V6 twin turbo 300bhp standard 1994 car came with heated seats, cruise control, eatc even back then haha intake, intercooler, new Pipework, sports cat and new ecu about 1.7k worth of work takes it not far off 400bhp and the looks....[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] If the lights were good enough for a lambo diablo it's lovely enough for me
Can get mint ones for 7k

My goal (ps this will be the car I keep and mod for a very long time)
a463b0c4679c2a68ace2124a025edf69.jpg

This is my FB car friends I chat to
0edf93c45abee41e7fb757ca2342d6f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got this App for my phone ''Know your car'' as had good reviews and is good,tell you bits of info and when things are up like m.o.t etc.

So i tried my old corsa D on it as never found it in 4 years so thought its been in a smash or changed reg.

Put in the Reg and said no Reg found but then says try this which is another reg and it was it as now on a private plate,i like that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I got this App for my phone ''Know your car'' as had good reviews and is good,tell you bits of info and when things are up like m.o.t etc.

So i tried my old corsa D on it as never found it in 4 years so thought its been in a smash or changed reg.

Put in the Reg and said no Reg found but then says try this which is another reg and it was it as now on a private plate,i like that.

I use automyze. Have my fiesta, dad's car and also my previous car. Just looked at my previous car's MOT and it passed with one advisory. The fiesta on its first MOT with me failed but got sorted however had about 3 advisories. One being about the handbrake cable (which is now fixed), CV joint gaiter and front wheels being slightly mishapen. 

These are good apps / websites to use when you are searching for a car. It'll help show a little history of that particular car. My fiesta failed its MOT a year before I got it saying both front lights not working, seat handle broken and just about all tires to the legal limit. Just shows I got it with tires, seat tilt handle and front lights in good / new condition. Will definitely try and remember this for when I'm searching for my next car

23 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

If I had that sort of money I wouldn't just be picking one of them. :wink:   The R8 was awesome tbh, but obviously not overly practical or comfortable...  As a daily the A8 would be ideal!  Realistically a Golf GTi or Focus ST is probably more doable at some point lol.  I'm not a fan of the MPS, I know they're quick...but I just don't like the looks.

I think with me I wouldn't mind getting a car which isn't that practical and has just 2 seats. With me I do take care with my car but just get a little angry with family on how they get in, push against the seat bolsters and hit their shoes on the side trims on the foot Wells. When you put a lot of time on your car you'd not want to see someone put a mark on it. Lol with the machine polishing it took me 3 whole days to do so it would upset me if someone damages the car. Sadly it just takes 1 second for someone to accidentally damage the car whereas it takes a day or months to repair it. 

22 hours ago, Paramanic said:

The TTS with a remap to over 400bhp have been clocked just over 3s to 60 which is mental lol but I agree TTS or mps

Right my original plan was a r33 gtr but due to US market they shot up a gtst used to sell for 5k odd now 8k plus
Gtr version was 9k-10k now over 17k ....

But since I was a kid I loved a 300zx and Subaru Imprezas... My mate has a mk1 Ra Subaru so I'm gonna get my 300zx 3.0l V6 twin turbo 300bhp standard 1994 car came with heated seats, cruise control, eatc even back then haha intake, intercooler, new Pipework, sports cat and new ecu about 1.7k worth of work takes it not far off 400bhp and the looks....emoji7.pngemoji7.pngemoji7.png If the lights were good enough for a lambo diablo it's lovely enough for me
Can get mint ones for 7k

My goal (ps this will be the car I keep and mod for a very long time)
a463b0c4679c2a68ace2124a025edf69.jpg

This is my FB car friends I chat to
0edf93c45abee41e7fb757ca2342d6f0.jpg

I do like the 300zx. Like you said aswell it has the same lights found in the diablo. I think for a jap car I wouldn't mind getting a subaru. That boxer engine has such a nice sound to it. They are expensive to run though was looking at the newer one and the tax is £555 a year. Insurance probably will be a rip off aswell but might be cheaper in several years when I'm older. I don't think I can get an old car if these ultra low emission zones come to London. I'd be happy if they stop it or just limit the zone in only central London. I'd have to sadly sell my fiesta as the 1.6 TDCI engine would be part of the charge and I don't want to be paying £12 a day to drive it. 

Was looking at an audi A3 1.8T. There's the 2.0T however thats part of the charge unless you get the facelift from 2008 however that's going for more money. Only problem I've been seeing is the 1.8T is rare on the A3. There's only 2 I've seen on auto trader going for my sort of price. 

On 6/19/2018 at 5:10 AM, jace1969 said:

The thing is what i liked was it gave me the private reg of the car which i found strange.

• Like 1

I do like when Vauxhalls are considerate enough to park one behind the other in a bay to let us normal folk get parked for a McMuffin...

20180622_100156.thumb.jpg.b59ab29a8f14d6fd680587476000c412.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yesterday morning my dad took the fiesta to get bits for his car as he is changing the turbo and steering rack. He came back and told me he was driving fast down an industrial estate and saw a black focus driving fast behind him. He stopped at a set of lights and the focus stopped besides him..... The black focus turned out to be a unmarked police car and luckily the police man said just to slow down and he didn't pull him over 😂

• Like 1

I do like that my new Fiesta ST arrived at the dealership yesterday, it was PDI'd and I got to take it out for a quick spin this afternoon.

Collection Saturday! 😁

• Like 5

Watching Jon Richardson's Ultimate Worrier yesterday and one of the audience worries was about 'missing taking a photo of milestone mileages on the car'... :laugh:  Glad it's not just me, I get far more disappointed by missing these than I really should, due to my low mileage I tend to do every 1000 now, it can ruin the rest of the day if I miss it, was 12 miles out most recently! :lol:   

IMG_20180613_163612119.thumb.jpg.50aa2bf2c0c8f716d5634b395960cfe3.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I do like that my new Fiesta ST arrived at the dealership yesterday, it was PDI'd and I got to take it out for a quick spin this afternoon.

Collection Saturday! 😁

You need to send us some pictures to give us a real life view of it. 

I do like my new job

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, zain611 said:

You need to send us some pictures to give us a real life view of it. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Silly me I didn't check the fiesta section 🤣

8 hours ago, hywelkidd said:

I do like my new job

what new job? 

and did i see you in a kuga recently? 

nice to see my cousin is doing well, another shiney new addition to his companys fleet , think this is number 8.

bet he dont get 68mpg like my ecoboost though. lol

w-ExecutiveJetCharter-BD700.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/18/2018 at 10:43 AM, Paramanic said:

The only issue with mps is steering I had a guy I spoke to at Scottish car show says they handle like a boat untill you spend decent doe on coil overs new adjustable anti roll bars etc which is like 1k into it

The R32 or tt with the V6 with a supercharger on it upgrade is about 3k but sound and speed is worth it enough lol been in one was fkn mental lol Reason I said TT is it's even lighter with that fast engine would make mince meat of most cars out there TTS is your fastest s out of s3 and been known as supercar killers when you spend a bit on them there 0-60 is already mid 4s when you get it remap it usual mods takes it to 508bhp and a mental 0-60 emoji23.png

I will have 8k around next year so for my second car I'm going old skool jap well if all goes well lol

i had an mps 3 , cracking car. as for handling i found it nothing like a boat. the other mps owners used to only change the rear antiroll bar for an adjustable one. so easy to remap to 320bhp also. i did mine myself . then 168mph top speed . 

• Like 1

what new job? 
and did i see you in a kuga recently? 
You did indeed see me in a Kuga. It replaced the titanium a couple of months ago.

As for the new job, I'm doing parts in a body shop.

thats a change from dominos!! 

thats a change from dominos!! 
It is, although I'm still at Domino's part time.

12 hours ago, iantt said:

i had an mps 3 , cracking car. as for handling i found it nothing like a boat. the other mps owners used to only change the rear antiroll bar for an adjustable one. so easy to remap to 320bhp also. i did mine myself . then 168mph top speed . 

I'm starting to move towards the audi TTS. 268hp from a 2 litre turbo, claimed 47mpg, £250 tax and 5.2 seconds to 60mph. Your getting a fast and not bad fuel economy car. They start from around £8000 but good ones are going for around £10 - 12k. I'd personally get it with the Dsg box (which I think is cheaper on tax than the manual), audi RS4 wheels and full leather seats and extended leather pack. 

I've seen remaps getting it to 308hp or around 316hp from APR tuning. 

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

I'm starting to move towards the audi TTS. 268hp from a 2 litre turbo, claimed 47mpg, £250 tax and 5.2 seconds to 60mph. Your getting a fast and not bad fuel economy car. They start from around £8000 but good ones are going for around £10 - 12k. I'd personally get it with the Dsg box (which I think is cheaper on tax than the manual), audi RS4 wheels and full leather seats and extended leather pack. 

I've seen remaps getting it to 308hp or around 316hp from APR tuning. 

DSG boxes worry me...  So much to go wrong in them for a start!  But also, stop-start on an auto must be weird.  As you brake for a roundabout it's going to cut out, whereas with a manual you'd just keep the clutch dipped there.  It'll only start again when you lift the brake so will be creeping into traffic. :unsure: 

I'm looking to swap the A3 for a petrol Golf - I don't do enough miles for the MPG to matter much and I miss petrol noise and revs tbh.  But I've been specifically avoiding DSG ones so far lol!  

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

DSG boxes worry me...  So much to go wrong in them for a start!  But also, stop-start on an auto must be weird.  As you brake for a roundabout it's going to cut out, whereas with a manual you'd just keep the clutch dipped there.  It'll only start again when you lift the brake so will be creeping into traffic. :unsure: 

I'm looking to swap the A3 for a petrol Golf - I don't do enough miles for the MPG to matter much and I miss petrol noise and revs tbh.  But I've been specifically avoiding DSG ones so far lol!  

Surely on an Auto it would only stop the engine when you shifted out of drive?

3 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Surely on an Auto it would only stop the engine when you shifted out of drive?

You'd think so, but because you're meant to stay in drive with your foot on the brake at traffic lights in an auto, it stops whenever you come to a stop!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club