Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

10 hours ago, SeanW said:

You, sir, are a man of many talents!

That's a cracking idea, and you've got the kids involved too!!

Awesome, absolutely awesome!

Thanks Sean,

Forgot to mention that I painted the inside white as well to better spread the light at night time, I'll try get a picture of it in the dark later 

• Like 1

Not sure if this should go in the like or unlike thread but our 17 year old son passed his driving test today! 6 minors for those interested. 

After 3 hours sorting out his insurance watching him drive away in his own car(Fiesta) filled me with a sense of pride 😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Not sure if this should go in the like or unlike thread but our 17 year old son passed his driving test today! 6 minors for those interested. 

After 3 hours sorting out his insurance watching him drive away in his own car(Fiesta) filled me with a sense of pride 😎

Congrats. I'd say keep an eye on him for the next few months as he'd still be getting used to driving. After that he'll be happy just driving alone. That's how I felt anyway. I think I got 11 minors but I only did 37 hours of learning 2 hours a week so that wasn't enough to say I was comfortable until after a year. 

My insurance was £2080 for a Peugeot 107 1 litre when I passed. 

• Like 1

Was looking at some fiesta zetec s's. Normally I don't like searching up my own car but have seen some nice looking ones

First saw this one in matte black with around 93k miles going for only £1000 however its a cat dScreenshot_20180815-105634.thumb.png.f9e1ca5fd905cc936bb107a529a230b1.png

Then saw this anniversary one. Don't know whether to get a petrol zetec s or get something different when the low emissions zones charge come. I'm not sure if £3250 is a lot for a fiesta 😕

Screenshot_20180815-105837.png

43 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Congrats. I'd say keep an eye on him for the next few months as he'd still be getting used to driving. After that he'll be happy just driving alone. That's how I felt anyway. I think I got 11 minors but I only did 37 hours of learning 2 hours a week so that wasn't enough to say I was comfortable until after a year. 

My insurance was £2080 for a Peugeot 107 1 litre when I passed. 

I think he only had about 12 or 13 lessons plus driving about with me and his mum. 

Insurance is 'only' £900 for his 1.4 diesel Fiesta. Thing that annoyed me was that due to his age he couldn't get a credit agreement therefore had to pay for a years insurance in a oner! 

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

I think he only had about 12 or 13 lessons plus driving about with me and his mum. 

Insurance is 'only' £900 for his 1.4 diesel Fiesta. Thing that annoyed me was that due to his age he couldn't get a credit agreement therefore had to pay for a years insurance in a oner! 

You didn't get bad insurance there for your son. I'm paying £960 at the moment with legal cover for my 1.6 diesel fiesta and that's with 3 years no claims. Insurers really like to do people over and say its down to location. I think when I move out I'd look for a place outside London. In 2 years time though insurance looks to get cheaper and kind of affordable. I was quoted around £1100 for a 2.5 6 cylinder BMW 325i whereas if I did that now I'd be quoted over £2000.

• Like 1

A few years ago, my best mate got bored...decided to het a quote for a Ferrari...it was cheaper to insure than his car at the time - an Astra 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, SeanW said:

A few years ago, my best mate got bored...decided to het a quote for a Ferrari...it was cheaper to insure than his car at the time - an Astra 😂

My dad was looking at quotes I think on a newer audi A5 and that was cheaper to insure than his current car which is a 2005 VW bora 1.9 TDI and the audi he put in had a bigger engine. Must be the safety features newer cars have. I was messing about looking at how much insurance would be for me for a 2015 BMW 330D Xdrive. I said I was 2 years older than I am and been quoted around £2000 which I don't know is good or bad. Me and dad might do a multicar cover with admiral as it may lower our insurance. 

The newer 330D Xdrive are claimed 5.3 seconds to 60 and claiming 58mpg which to me is really good. Your getting sports car performance but cheap running costs. Road tax is just £140. A decent one is going for around £18k which really isn't bad considering they were around £36k new just 3 years ago. Personally wouldn't mind saving up for that when I start working. 

10 hours ago, SeanW said:

I did a quote after I passed my test for a laugh. It was about £1000 less for me to insure a brand new Morgan Plus 8 than it would have been for a 10 year old (at the time) Impreza WRX. 

13 hours ago, SeanW said:

I'm guessing it was a Red 🤬 Astra 

Nothing faster than a Red 🤬 

Every time I say 🤬 Astra it comes up with a 🤬 lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can't remember if it was red or burgundy...might have been green...or was it the white one? 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Got a few night pictures of the fairy house mentioned on the previous page and I've edit the initial post to contain the extra images 

Link to previous page: 

20180816_221251.thumb.jpg.7e1b947b5b8f8ef76dd5c28097c50416.jpg20180816_213617.thumb.jpg.a6c9f02c6a882bbd4f650888e5f2da9e.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

that looks cool 🙂

Thanks Dez,

I keep hearing the Exorcist theme tune in my head when I look out at it in the dark 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I do like getting a hold of the DVLA and finding out that the medical I had is my normal 5 yearly one and therefore will be paid for by my employer.(as detailed in the 'I don't like' thread)

I also like seeing our son's car driving down the road with it's new owner! He's the mechanic who read the fault codes and tried unsuccesfully to reset them, so he knows what he's letting himself in for. Also the fact that our son drove about in it for a couple of months, it's in a worse state than when he bought it, and he got what he paid for it 😁

• Like 3

I love my Malinois dogs. [emoji4]

Have a look at what this breed is capable of-

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

While it's not quite the same as @Stoney871 post, I like our Doberman (and all our other dogs mind) but I doubt she would be as mild mannered as this one:

• Like 2

Looks like she's tasting the pig and biding her time until her owner goes out and then it will be a case of 'Pig? - What pig?'

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First MOT (that I’m paying for) and straight through.

Well, slight advisory on front tyre wear but I’m thinking of getting 18’s so at least I don’t have to buy tyres for wheels I want to replace...

• Like 1

I do like half listening to our local news bulletin on the radio the other morning and my wife saying something about the woman who was speaking at the time. I asked who it was and I got the look that only a wife can give you.....

"Your ex-wife!" came the reply!!! 

• Like 2

I also like searching for car insurance for the Focus through TopCashBack website, me and Mrs Turvey as named drivers, fully comp etc 

£94.08!!! But with cash back taken off it's only £68.58 😎

• Like 3

Took the car for MOT and thankfully passed with just one advisory being the offside driver side tire is close to legal limit. Need to service it along with changing the CV joint gator and auxiliary belt. 

• Like 3

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:21 PM, Turvey said:

I also like searching for car insurance for the Focus through TopCashBack website, me and Mrs Turvey as named drivers, fully comp etc 

£94.08!!! But with cash back taken off it's only £68.58 😎

That's cheap!! 😮  But saying that, I can't imagine many cars get stolen on the island?  Not easy to hide a car there and I'd assume they've got ANPR at the ferry lol.

• Like 1

like getting mortgage rate changed in record time at the bank. 12 mins in total  and saving  few quid each month. took longer to arrange the appointment. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club