Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

16 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

I would have saved money and taken a walk down a river bed with a bucket and a small pruning saw looking for a dead tree emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

True there lol but I don't know any shallow river in the area I could of went to explore plus I won't know if the wood there might affect the pH or water hardness in the tank. My parents would find it weird also if I said I'm going to explore a river 😂. My local fish shop had blocks of driftwood but it was blocks which I think would look unsightly in the tank. This one is branched out which helps it take up the mid to high space of the tank. Will try to find a storage container which I could fill with water and soak the wood in to get rid of any tannins which could colour the water on the tank. 

I did like when i use to make a lot of parts for ERF Lorrys even the Dashboard,it was a large plastic molding firm and you are going back a good 20 years.

Even a few small bits for volvo dashboards and cars.

Our place even made the Fiberglass Cabs ERF in another place of the work.

Just read that the Sandbach Production was closed in 2002 by Man and stopped Badging the trucks in the UK as ERF and now MAN.

Think i read that right.

• Like 1

Went today and got 4 3kg bags of sand for the fish tank. Took some more photos whilst I was over there. 

They had some clownfish and more marine fish. Also like the glass cat fish but not sure if they might eat small shrimpsDSC_0528.thumb.JPG.4c95829c360afd087105afd235ec083a.JPGDSC_0530.thumb.JPG.119fc89645c46b9ef4eb99ae213c11f2.JPG

Heres this fish again. Its not called a galaxy danio but a nerocaridina. £4.95 each or £12 for 3. Really love how they look but hope they look good in the tank. DSC_0531.thumb.JPG.b8b69a2d9c0c4606514bc107fd85cd27.JPGDSC_0532.thumb.JPG.5d282c9f0cbce73e77bf48fe04f4d9fa.JPG

• Like 1

As seen on Focus forum, but I do like going to pick one of these up (My Dad's new motor)!

41656723_223734725166243_1708153964437962752_n.jpg

Non car wise I like:

Xbox One, cider, spicy food, holidays abroad (esp USA or Portugal), burgers, summer evenings, watching live football (c'mon Reading!), Doctor Who and the list goes on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Went today and got 4 3kg bags of sand for the fish tank. Took some more photos whilst I was over there. 

They had some clownfish and more marine fish. Also like the glass cat fish but not sure if they might eat small shrimpsDSC_0528.thumb.JPG.4c95829c360afd087105afd235ec083a.JPGDSC_0530.thumb.JPG.119fc89645c46b9ef4eb99ae213c11f2.JPG

Heres this fish again. Its not called a galaxy danio but a nerocaridina. £4.95 each or £12 for 3. Really love how they look but hope they look good in the tank. DSC_0531.thumb.JPG.b8b69a2d9c0c4606514bc107fd85cd27.JPGDSC_0532.thumb.JPG.5d282c9f0cbce73e77bf48fe04f4d9fa.JPG

Love the Clownfish 😎 had a couple of tanks over the years but never ventured into marine, too expensive! 

• Like 1

@Turvey yeah I think if I ever look into getting marine fish I'd at least would have to have my own house and working. By the looks of it the water salinity isn't hard to control just replace the water lost from evaporation. Salt doesn't evaporate with water but the concentration will increase the more water that's evaporated.

Here's the sand. I might rinse it before going on holiday. Hope its enough. They also had white sand in this packaging which would be hard to explain to an officer if they say me carrying that. They'd probably think I'm carrying cocaine 😂

DSC_0535.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do like the story Mrs Turvey told me today. One of our cats had used the litter tray but there was still something 'hanging out his back end' They managed to catch him and held him down for inspection. Apparently he had swallowed an elastic band! So my wife had to grab hold of it and gently pull it out. You can imagine what happened when it pinged out 😂😂😂👹

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I do like the story Mrs Turvey told me today. One of our cats had used the litter tray but there was still something 'hanging out his back end' They managed to catch him and held him down for inspection. Apparently he had swallowed an elastic band! So my wife had to grab hold of it and gently pull it out. You can imagine what happened when it pinged out 😂😂😂👹

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Turvey said:

Ok i have a quick read very early morning and read this,my that's made my day with a good morning laugh,hope its not a strong elastic band and thick as it would hold more. lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I forgot but I saw this exact smart car yesterday when going to the fish shop. My stupid dash cam SD card hasn't been recording anything so can't get footage 😤. Anyone heard of yiannimize had his name on the back of it. He made a TV show on a few months back but not a big fan of watching rich people in their ferraris or lamborghinis going to him and saying they want him to customize it because they aren't happy with it. 

Screenshot_20180913-115122.png

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I forgot but I saw this exact smart car yesterday when going to the fish shop. My stupid dash cam SD card hasn't been recording anything so can't get footage 😤. Anyone heard of yiannimize had his name on the back of it. He made a TV show on a few months back but not a big fan of watching rich people in their ferraris or lamborghinis going to him and saying they want him to customize it because they aren't happy with it. 

Screenshot_20180913-115122.png

Yeah I watched that show....pretty much every car on it had an illegally spaced number plate... :laugh:  

Not sure if you watch wheeler dealers but I've seen the purple Ford Pop that they did a couple of times locally!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah I watched that show....pretty much every car on it had an illegally spaced number plate... :laugh:  

Not sure if you watch wheeler dealers but I've seen the purple Ford Pop that they did a couple of times locally!

I've seen that wheeler dealer episode. That ford popular must stick out in traffic. From what I've seen with that smart car it's owned by that youtuber 'seen through glass'. I saw one episode of yiannimize but wasn't really a fan on it. In that episode he had this lady with the silliest stage name coming to him in her ferrari saying she wants him to do some little mods to it. If I was fortunate enough to get a car like that I wouldnt touch it. Sometimes I wonder if us normal middle class people are more mentally stable than rich people. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zain611 said:

I've seen that wheeler dealer episode. That ford popular must stick out in traffic. From what I've seen with that smart car it's owned by that youtuber 'seen through glass'. I saw one episode of yiannimize but wasn't really a fan on it. In that episode he had this lady with the silliest stage name coming to him in her ferrari saying she wants him to do some little mods to it. If I was fortunate enough to get a car like that I wouldnt touch it. Sometimes I wonder if us normal middle class people are more mentally stable than rich people. 

I don't have any issue with rich people wanting to modify cars...in their world everyone has similar cars, they just want to make them their own with a few mods like we do, albeit on a different scale lol.  It's not all to my taste admittedly...the gold wraps are erm….different! :laugh: 

Do you watch any of the American ones like Detroit Steel or Fantomworks?  They tend to modify/improve classics at ridiculous cost.  One guy spent $100k on putting a modern engine in an old Chevelle last night...650bhp though and 20mpg!! :biggrin:   

• Like 1

I won't say I hate rich people but I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't like a rich person boasting about their wealth or showing it off. With me I hate it when I see someone in an expensive car drive it recklessly or irresponsibly. 

There was one program my dad was watching where they were uprating the sound system in a jaguar Mark 2. They actually did it really nicely and made it look as though it came like that from factory. The parcel shelf Speakers they covered in the boot and put a wall in front of it which looked like an old classic suitcase. The parcel shelf they put the same mesh on top as what's on the door Speakers

I guess there are 2 ways of looking at wealth...  If someone blasts past me in, say, a C63 AMG I see it and think 'nice, I wish I also had one of those...'.  Whereas other people seem to see something like that and think 'urgh, I wish they didn't have one of those'.  There's probably a correct term to describe that but I don't know it lol, maybe the difference between envy and jealousy, not sure?

My Nan is definitely in the second category there and it really winds me up lol.  The amount of times I hear 'what do they need a posh car like that for' when anyone drives down the road in anything larger than a Ka does my head in...it's none of her business what car they choose! :laugh:  

• Like 1

I do like, with the help of this forum and some YouTube videos, fixing my bonnet lock problem. 

• Like 2

On 9/14/2018 at 8:47 AM, TomsFocus said:

I don't have any issue with rich people wanting to modify cars...in their world everyone has similar cars, they just want to make them their own with a few mods like we do, albeit on a different scale lol.  It's not all to my taste admittedly...the gold wraps are erm….different! :laugh: 

Do you watch any of the American ones like Detroit Steel or Fantomworks?  They tend to modify/improve classics at ridiculous cost.  One guy spent $100k on putting a modern engine in an old Chevelle last night...650bhp though and 20mpg!! :biggrin:   

Love watching anything to do with American cars 😎 Would love to get one someday. 

Anybody else watch Fastest Car on Netflix? Basically they take someone with a 'supercar' and put them up against 3 'sleepers' It's more about the stories behind the drivers and cars but it's quite entertaining. 

• Like 1

I go to the us car and pick up cruises when I'm in florida. Awesome bits of kit up close and the sounds. Wow!  Hiring a Mustang GT convertible just after Xmas there for 7 days. I wonder if they measure the tyre tread depths between rentals.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iantt said:

I go to the us car and pick up cruises when I'm in florida. Awesome bits of kit up close and the sounds. Wow!  Hiring a Mustang GT convertible just after Xmas there for 7 days. I wonder if they measure the tyre tread depths between rentals.

Take pics, LOTS of pics 😉 😎

• Like 1

I do like getting 3 months free Netflix courtesy of PlayStation and their targeted marketing (newsletter subscriber). 

• Like 1

I like i have 12 months MOT well 13 months as taken in a month early and yet again not 1 advisory.

Had this car 4 years in October  and 3 years i had it MOT'd its passed,when i had the car (before i got it)they MOT'd it at ford and failed it on a brake pipe popped out of a clip

and could foul back wheel so clipped it back in and passed it,MOT and retest in 10mins.........Fools...........Never ford again for MOT,clip it in and pass the dam thing.

It's been a bright sunny day here in central Scotland.  Mrs Nitten is at work.  Perfect day for sorting out the garden then spending a couple of hours giving the car a proper clean (glass cleaner, microfibre cloths, the works) all the while listening to a newly found podcast.  Currently enjoying a coffee and a real sense of a job well done, something I seldom get from the 9-5 grind. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club