Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I like when you order a clip light from china,its a double one but one side is hard to turn on so just sent them a message that the light is hard to turn on.

They said ''send a picture of the light not working'' which i did not say it didn't work so yes guess what i did,turned one off and one on and another one on the way.

Fools or what.....sent a picture of a light not working.

20181020_153543.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

Head office must be based in Kerry Ireland 😂

• Like 1

I do like the Weather were currently getting for this time of year 👍

The Weather has also; made my job of smoothing out an insulated plaster board wall much easier thismorning having the sun shine in the window showing up any imperfections in the surface.

20181022_103136.thumb.jpg.397889382ac9a4fa72b36bc2860497cf.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/21/2018 at 4:07 PM, jace1969 said:

I like when you order a clip light from china,its a double one but one side is hard to turn on so just sent them a message that the light is hard to turn on.

They said ''send a picture of the light not working'' which i did not say it didn't work so yes guess what i did,turned one off and one on and another one on the way.

20181020_153543.jpg

You seem to order a lot of crap from China! :laugh:

😁 she looks alot like one of our neighbours 

20181024_084655.jpg.0a4786258a6c74e84b8994145922b2a8.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Keep seeing this pop up lately... :lol:

44621720_10217761083640510_1326126312904982528_n.jpg.d9b70c9ef78d19a51aa587952324f724.jpg

Ahh the 'I have the model just below an ST but its better than an ST' 😂. When I look at a mk6 fiesta zetec s on auto trader I'd see some where the owner threw a ST badge on it. It can fool people as the mk6 zetec s had the same bumpers as an ST but its the wheels which cab give it away. 

Went to my local fish shop again. New tank has been set up and slowly getting used to it. Its a lot bigger and taller which gives me that fear that somehow it will just topple over. Bought some plants and some shrimps. Was thinking of getting this wood piece with moss and plants attached but the cost was getting a bit steep so left it. 

DSC_0600.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

' 😂

Went to my local fish shop again. New tank has been set up and slowly getting used to it. Its a lot bigger and taller which gives me that fear that somehow it will just topple over. 

DSC_0600.JPG

If in doubt screw a bracket to the wall and cabinet, put your mind at rest 😉

• Like 3

I do like, after less than 48 hours after putting it on the market, getting an acceptable offer on our house and our offer being accepted on the house we wanted. 😎 

For anyone that's interested, the house we are selling....  https://www.lowsorkney.co.uk/p/29820#details

and the house we are buying.... http://orkneypropertycentre.co.uk/properties/45-scapa-crescent-kirkwall-kw15-1rl/

House we are selling is 3 years old and very energy efficient whereas the house we are buying was built in the 80s with a 15 year old extension, needs a bit of updating, bathrooms/kitchens/decor etc  and a few built-in wardrobes etc to rip out but it's totally liveable in. Reason for moving? More room. 4 bedroom house with 4 kids isn't really working. New house has 6 bedrooms so should be more bearable for everyone. One downside is 'only' space for 3 cars but we'll have to work around that. Looking for a move date of end of November. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

My dad actually did that. At first he wasn't happy with the level as it was in the centre with a spirit level but just a tiny touch to the left (cabinet and tank a little to the front). Because of that my dad added a spacer on the feet of the cabinet and now the level is near enough dead level to a touch to the right (towards the wall) which is better. A half mil off centre won't move the tank but did it to be sure. DSC_0580.thumb.JPG.f53b79c2702ff1e00e87c34001c31512.JPG

Got these fish in my smaller tank at the moment to quarantine them. Honestly don't see the point quarantining as the shop says they do it when they get them so I'm sure they won't have diseases on them. You can see one of the shrimps I also got today in the corner. 

DSC_0603.JPG

DSC_0604.JPG

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

You seem to order a lot of crap from China! :laugh:

Hard to get items made in the u.k,everything is china and a HELL of a lot cheaper as your buying from there and as said this does work nothing wrong with it.

Only the button hard to press for it to come on just on the one light.

People sell it from the u.k in most cases as the make on it mostly will say''made in china'' or somewhere like that its only comes down to waiting for it.😀👍

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Turvey said:

Thought I might just show my new tank. Its been running for nearly three weeks now. 

Put the tank up in my room and begin aquascaping it DSC_0577.thumb.JPG.f60c476e6b72d3c86cc6ad0939aa2375.JPGDSC_0578.thumb.JPG.47ff6e040f847fc9b7d5f5fb6f82d35d.JPG

Then filled with water. The wood piece started floating up so used one of the rocks to anchor it down DSC_0579.thumb.JPG.7a3d0781673ed2e3245172c191f858c8.JPG

Did a water change several times. Luckily only takes about about 15 mins to drain out half the water however takes a lot longer to fill it up. DSC_0583.thumb.JPG.8975e0e028a49d1d4e59505ba5bd1ae7.JPGDSC_0582.thumb.JPG.cc22763667e36d8935e17000e66d24bd.JPG

Added a black background on and placed moss on the wood piece. DSC_0591.thumb.JPG.462872623c6fc7a74cc20e6ea3273349.JPG

Yesterday bought some more plants and got a small step ladder to help me reach in. DSC_0601.thumb.JPG.44af7f6c14db50686e4e2f8874152fd6.JPGDSC_0602.thumb.JPG.c9ee9c068799a8f1492e465e36e8ab29.JPG

It's a nice tank. I was really scared on the first day setting it up as for some reason I was thinking it will topple over and all that water will ruin the carpet and go downstairs and ruin the ceiling. Still have that fear but not as bad as before. Only seen two horror stories of people saying the glass suddenly broke on there's however they said they bought it second hand. 

• Like 2

This is Great,a person i know had a accident last week,only a small one where a woman pulled out on him from a side road and hit the back door and wheel arch so

in and had it done,the thing is the woman in the car had her mom in which works at the citizen advice so tried to turn it round to say he pulled out on her which is wrong.

She also put in a claim for whiplash,i have got this from what she told her insurance and letter that was sent back saying this,thinking my friend was on his own

but one problem is and makes me laugh that my mates car has a Dash Cam and got the whole footage as he was on the main road and she pulled out.

She is in a bit of a mess as telling a complete lie and also trying to claim for whiplash and footage been sent to his insurance,i have seen the footage.

• Like 3

i like at work there is going to be a challenge set for each site. basically the challenge is to drive ( 4 persons in a car) as far as you can in 25 hrs. could be up to 50 cars . any ideas where our team should aim for. theres no restrictions other than observing the relevant speed limits and driving safely. 

25 minutes ago, iantt said:

i like at work there is going to be a challenge set for each site. basically the challenge is to drive ( 4 persons in a car) as far as you can in 25 hrs. could be up to 50 cars . any ideas where our team should aim for. theres no restrictions other than observing the relevant speed limits and driving safely. 

Having a quick look at Google maps, especially with 4 drivers, Italy and Bulgaria should be achievable. 

• Like 2

i did suggest i get keys off other participants cars under the rouse of checking there cars were getting a safety check prior to departure , and setting speed limiter on each of there cars to 56mph. lol 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

Having a quick look at Google maps, especially with 4 drivers, Italy and Bulgaria should be achievable. 

ive now had a look on google maps, supprising how far you can get in 25 hrs. south west  portugal seems like an option too. 

1 hour ago, iantt said:

supprising how far you can get in 25 hrs. south west  portugal seems like an option

If the roads in this country are still like my last few long journeys, you will be lucky to get from Worcestershire to Dover in 25 hours! By day they are jammed solid with stop / go traffic, by night half the system is shut down for roadworks. One night last year, every single trunk road (A & M) into the southwest was closed at some point, virtually cutting the country in two.😮

If you do get over or under the Channel, then I suspect Portugal will be just a few more hours away. 😎

Unless the challenge starts on Saturday evening: That period early on a Sunday is usually the only time the roads are clear!

• Like 3

On 10/25/2018 at 5:12 PM, jace1969 said:

This is Great,a person i know had a accident last week,only a small one where a woman pulled out on him from a side road and hit the back door and wheel arch so

in and had it done,the thing is the woman in the car had her mom in which works at the citizen advice so tried to turn it round to say he pulled out on her which is wrong.

She also put in a claim for whiplash,i have got this from what she told her insurance and letter that was sent back saying this,thinking my friend was on his own

but one problem is and makes me laugh that my mates car has a Dash Cam and got the whole footage as he was on the main road and she pulled out.

She is in a bit of a mess as telling a complete lie and also trying to claim for whiplash and footage been sent to his insurance,i have seen the footage.

If you ever have an accident and have a dashcam don't tell the other person. They can try to make stories up but cam footage never lies. 

Went to the fish shop again yesterday and picked up some velvet blue shrimps. One of them is carrying babies so will be interesting to see if they might survive in the tank when the mum gives birth. 

The mother is on the left carrying the babies in its tail. DSC_0607.thumb.JPG.dca955faf71564579fd698db22f1b4db.JPG

Also put my fish and red shrimps from my small tank into the new one. 

DSC_0609.JPG

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

If the roads in this country are still like my last few long journeys, you will be lucky to get from Worcestershire to Dover in 25 hours! By day they are jammed solid with stop / go traffic, by night half the system is shut down for roadworks. One night last year, every single trunk road (A & M) into the southwest was closed at some point, virtually cutting the country in two.😮

If you do get over or under the Channel, then I suspect Portugal will be just a few more hours away. 😎

Unless the challenge starts on Saturday evening: That period early on a Sunday is usually the only time the roads are clear!

@iantt if you are thinking of travelling through Kent, there are plenty of ongoing works on the M20 with 50mph average speed cameras and lane closures on both coastbound and London bound lanes. Also the M26 is going to be closing overnight for similar works. All to do with the wonderful EU leaving faff.

• Sad 1

In Republic Of Ireland 

I do like the new drink driving law brought in to effect from midnight which now gives a zero alcohol drink driving limit,

No more loop holes in playing down the drivers alcohol levels to get them off charge, 

Its now zero alcohol, 

I do sympathize with those genuine half a pint consumers but too many were abusing the system, 

A figure which was vastly played down in statistic reports for years as I know many whom have been caught and banned, aswell as many gotten away with it.

My own brother has been caught three times banned twice currently on an eight year ban.

When caught the police asked how long had he been drinking? He responded in evidence to say he's been drinking since he was 16 years old 😂 although ofcourse the police ment how long on that particular date in time.

It's always a genuine fear of mine; driving the 2hr 40min journey each way to see relatives the odd weekend and being hit by a drink driver with my wife and our three kids in the car, 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I do like the new drink driving law brought in to effect from midnight which now gives a zero alcohol drink driving limit,

No more loop holes in playing down the drivers alcohol levels to get them off charge, 

Its now zero alcohol, 

I do sympathize with those genuine half a pint consumers but too many were abusing the system, 

A figure which was vastly played down in statistic reports for years as I know many whom have been caught and banned, aswell as many gotten away with it.

My own brother has been caught three times banned twice currently on an eight year ban.

When caught the police asked how long had he been drinking? He responded in evidence to say he's been drinking since he was 16 years old 😂 although ofcourse the police ment how long on that particular date in time.

It's always a genuine fear of mine; driving the 2hr 40min journey each way to see relatives the odd weekend and being hit by a drink driver with my wife and our three kids in the car, 

Didn't know there was a new law as Zero Alcohol,got to say being i have to be 100% as a carer i packed in drinking around 13 years ago.

I always think (my opinion only as some might not agree) if you know your driving or have to be ready at any time to drive like me just don't drink,i don't now and

loved it going out but things change in life so i had to change with it,or just get a taxi or a friend who don't drink.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

Didn't know there was a new law as Zero Alcohol,got to say being i have to be 100% as a carer i packed in drinking around 13 years ago.

I always think (my opinion only as some might not agree) if you know your driving or have to be ready at any time to drive like me just don't drink,i don't now and

loved it going out but things change in life so i had to change with it,or just get a taxi or a friend who don't drink.

Sorry mate, I forgot to put "in Ireland" I've edit the original post to say Ireland aswell, 

I had intended to state that from the start of my post but forgot, 

Also I very rarely drink myself as I work different shifts and six days per week, don't like drinking on my one day off as it's time spent with family, used to spend spare money on the focus and now the house is my new project https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/

• Like 1

Sorry mate, I forgot to put "in Ireland" I've edit the original post to say Ireland aswell, 
I had intended to state that from the start of my post but forgot, 
Also I very rarely drink myself as I work different shifts and six days per week, don't like drinking on my one day off as it's time spent with family, used to spend spare money on the focus and now the house is my new project https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/

Lol it's fine mate,thought they changed the law fast [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

Lol it's fine mate,thought they changed the law fast emoji106.png

I suppose 99% of people can now post to say there glad the law change I've posted about; doesn't apply in there country 😂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club