Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Found an interesting coincidence yesterday...  Both my car and my Dads have the same last 3 letters on the number plate.  It's only taken us 6 months to notice. :laugh: 

But it's made me wonder how many there actually are with the same ending...obviously there could potentially be one for every area code, twice a year.  But it can't be completely random can it? If my maths is correct there would be about 17,500 different combinations of 3 letters! :unsure: 

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Found an interesting coincidence yesterday...  Both my car and my Dads have the same last 3 letters on the number plate.  It's only taken us 6 months to notice. :laugh: 

But it's made me wonder how many there actually are with the same ending...obviously there could potentially be one for every area code, twice a year.  But it can't be completely random can it? If my maths is correct there would be about 17,500 different combinations of 3 letters! :unsure: 

When I was looking at other Peugeot 107s when I was selling mine I came across one with the same first digits. Could a number plate tell you when a car was made? For example with my previous car and the other could that show it was made near the same time. 

Our Son is four in a few days time, 

His grandmother arrived today with a large micano style toy car for his age group, the plastic bolts are around 20mm in diameter 

I asked him this evening "what would you like for your birthday from mam and dad" 

He says "me already got a present from Nanny don't want anything else see dad, me grand" 😂 as he lifted up the car to show it to me. Says "see me got this" 

Last week he was looking for a paw patrol fire truck and now he doesn't want anything, not the response I was expecting from a four year old yet I will ofcourse still get him a present; its surprisingly good to see such contentment at such a young age, 

When I was that age and older; I wanted absolutely everything in the toy shop.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

When I was looking at other Peugeot 107s when I was selling mine I came across one with the same first digits. Could a number plate tell you when a car was made? For example with my previous car and the other could that show it was made near the same time. 

Yeah, plstes can tell you the year and location.  On the current style plates the first 2 letters are the area code, the next 2 numbers are the year.

So for example, the plates at Ipswich Ford start AV, A for 'Anglia' and the V is just a small part within East Anglia.  And '68', because we're half way through 2018.  March to September would have been 18, September to March next year  is 68 and then March to Sept next year will be 19.

As far as I know the last 3 letters are random but not 100% sure on that!

So if you bought a new Fiesta from Ipswich Ford today it would be AV68 XXX.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

If you take away the letters they don't use ie I and Q, and there's 'only' 13,824 combinations 😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Turvey said:

If you take away the letters they don't use ie I and Q, and there's 'only' 13,824 combinations 😉

Ah, good point, much better odds of getting 2 matching then! :biggrin:

This is interesting. If they are remaking the PS1 I hope they remake some of the old games. This comes with 20 games. 

15422210425991646700355.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zain611 said:

This is interesting. If they are remaking the PS1 I hope they remake some of the old games. This comes with 20 games. 

15422210425991646700355.jpg

I like "Road Rash" was a motorbike street racing game where you could use chains and battons to beat off the competition aswell as purchase bigger bikes, 

Early Grand Theft Auto I suppose lol, 

Was first on the Sega Mega drive, then was available on the PlayStation 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I like "Road Rash" was a motorbike street racing game where you could use chains and battons to beat off the competition aswell as purchase bigger bikes, 

Early Grand Theft Auto I suppose lol, 

Was first on the Sega Mega drive, then was available on the PlayStation 

I still remember the theme tune from Road Rash 2. I can remember playing RR on both the Sega MegaDrive and PS1 and my nephew still has the RR2 disc for PSOne. 

33 minutes ago, zain611 said:

They already remade Crash Bandicoot trilogy (which was kind of hinted at in Uncharted 4) and have just released Spyro the Dragon trilogy remake. Apparently Medieval is getting a remake too. 

I still actually have and often play on the PSOne (the smaller version of the PSX) but don't have that many games (10 max). My nephew still has his PSOne and has about 30-40 games for it (hardly any in the original cases though). 

• Like 1

I like that I appear to have an honest service manager at my local dealer. During the apres-service chat he noted that the front pads are "80% worn, but with your mileage you should be ok until the next service.   Keep an eye on them.  You're welcome to bring the car in any time and we'll check them for free if you're not sure".  The honesty made up for them not washing the car! (Which I wasn't bothered about, just the front is muddy and I was hoping they'd sort it...) .

• Like 1

I do like doing a little home experiment with the kids, 

We bought two hyacinth flowers in Lidl last week came complete with the little glass vase to see the roots growing, 

Anyway; both flowers are supposed to be white blossom, 

But we put some green food colouring in to the water of one, it will change the colour of the blossom when it grows further, 

20181116_091634.thumb.jpg.00c99846645b62d67c9517c10eeb99c5.jpg

Currently keeping them in the hot press or airing cupboard to keep them dark and warm until the shoots get a bit taller, then I'll put them in the kitchen window. 

I've later discovered that hyacinth need to be cold to get them to start growing ☺

I'm going to put them out in the dark garden shed tomorrow morning,

The sudden temperature drop from the house to the atmosphere of outside reality HD should give them a substantial kick.

• Like 2

@Nick Y here's a good bonus they are doing at the moment on GTA. 50% extra on selling import / export cars and 50% off buying cargo crates. Hopped on after so many months and forgotten how chilling it is playing this game in a solo public lobby. 

15423948128932042244056.jpg

1 minute ago, zain611 said:

@Nick Y here's a good bonus they are doing at the moment on GTA. 50% extra on selling import / export cars and 50% off buying cargo crates. Hopped on after so many months and forgotten how chilling it is playing this game in a solo public lobby. 

Solo public lobbies are great for doing business resupplies but not for selling cars. If there are no other players/CEOs in your lobby and you sell a car, you will get chased by NPCs and they will damage the car (ramming, shooting etc). 
If you are in a lobby with a friend and they are registered as a ceo or biker, the NPCs won't come after you so you can get the full amount. Having other CEOs means it doesn't trigger the NPC gangs during a car sale.
Also, with the selling cars, you are restricted as to how many you can sell per game day (48 minutes). If you sell 1 car you will have to wait 12 minutes before you can sell another, 24 minutes for 2, 36 for 3 and 48 for 4. 
I preferred last weeks event as contact missions (all of them) were on double as well as the terrorbyte client jobs ($60k for 5 minutes work on the bank robber or diamond jobs). 
The MOC jobs are fun too (Riuner 2000 etc). 

1 hour ago, Nick Y said:

Solo public lobbies are great for doing business resupplies but not for selling cars. If there are no other players/CEOs in your lobby and you sell a car, you will get chased by NPCs and they will damage the car (ramming, shooting etc). 
If you are in a lobby with a friend and they are registered as a ceo or biker, the NPCs won't come after you so you can get the full amount. Having other CEOs means it doesn't trigger the NPC gangs during a car sale.
Also, with the selling cars, you are restricted as to how many you can sell per game day (48 minutes). If you sell 1 car you will have to wait 12 minutes before you can sell another, 24 minutes for 2, 36 for 3 and 48 for 4. 
I preferred last weeks event as contact missions (all of them) were on double as well as the terrorbyte client jobs ($60k for 5 minutes work on the bank robber or diamond jobs). 
The MOC jobs are fun too (Riuner 2000 etc). 

My method is to buy three cargo crates then steal an import export vehicle then do the crate mission again then sell the export vehicle. It makes me do something whilst waiting for the cool down timer for each. 

With the selling of cars I drive to a certain spot where the NPCs begin to spawn then kill them. There's four waves of them so they stop coming after that and you can drive without worrying. The deluxo is such a good car for the crate missions as it can go on the air and on water. 

16 hours ago, Lenny said:

Found these Fox hoodies on Amazon 😀

Bought one for the wife, only 18.14GBP inc. Shipping from China,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H3YXQLT/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item_image?th=1&psc=1 

61ZC4ME5B1L._AC_UY700_.jpg.68cd8882328322cd416fb289c3e79f48.jpg

Oh a poor line but I'm going to say it... if you get the woman with it, send her my way 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, plstes can tell you the year and location.  On the current style plates the first 2 letters are the area code, the next 2 numbers are the year.
So for example, the plates at Ipswich Ford start AV, A for 'Anglia' and the V is just a small part within East Anglia.  And '68', because we're half way through 2018.  March to September would have been 18, September to March next year  is 68 and then March to Sept next year will be 19.
As far as I know the last 3 letters are random but not 100% sure on that!
So if you bought a new Fiesta from Ipswich Ford today it would be AV68 XXX.
Last 3 characters are indeed random but can't spell anything offensive.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh a poor line but I'm going to say it... if you get the woman with it, send her my way [emoji6]
Foxy [emoji8]

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Zico said:

Oh a poor line but I'm going to say it... if you get the woman with it, send her my way 😉

Classy Bird 👍

Hopfully find out what the fox says 😅

• Like 2

One of my favourite circuits to drive in my Lotus, and the Fiesta ST in this video has the same brakes and only a fraction slower 0-60 time...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Thanks for the confirmation, I've been looking out for any others with the same end letters since! :laugh:

As for not spelling anything offensive, I wonder who decides what's offensive...  Parked next to a Focus with the letters VAJ at the end yesterday...was fully expecting Jay from the Inbetweeners to be driving it... :lol:

• Like 2

Just now, TomsFocus said:

Thanks for the confirmation, I've been looking out for any others with the same end letters since! :laugh:

As for not spelling anything offensive, I wonder who decides what's offensive...  Parked next to a Focus with the letters VAJ at the end yesterday...was fully expecting Jay from the Inbetweeners to be driving it... :lol:

Was he driving like a VAJ ?

Grab a snickers 😁

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Lenny said:

Found these Fox hoodies on Amazon 😀

Bought one for the wife, only 18.14GBP inc. Shipping from China,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H3YXQLT/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item_image?th=1&psc=1 

61ZC4ME5B1L._AC_UY700_.jpg.68cd8882328322cd416fb289c3e79f48.jpg

Wear the fox hat! 

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

However, there doesn't seem to be much consideration about the rest of it...

My first car was W624 KNA

It was my mother who noticed that if you moved the W and read it backwards it spel...I'm sure you can work it out lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2