Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Best thing I like about Aldi and Lidl is;

There two places you can shop at Christmas where there's no Christmas music 👍 

Just a normal day every day

• Like 1

@Lenny the IKEA near me is kind of a labyrinth. You can get easily lost if you forget where your going. Kind of silly also for arresting the guy but if wonder what else would the IKEA staff do if they saw someone do that. 

• Like 1

Whoever designed the one-way system at IKEA in the first place should be arrested.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@Lenny the IKEA near me is kind of a labyrinth. You can get easily lost if you forget where your going. Kind of silly also for arresting the guy but if wonder what else would the IKEA staff do if they saw someone do that. 

Probably best him out of the shop using cardboard battons and sliding wardrobe doors as shields 

Just now, TimST2 said:

Whoever designed the one-way system at IKEA in the first place should be arrested.

I normally go in through the warehouse against the meteor shower 😅

• Like 1

Anybody else a rebel and go against the arrows? 

Always [emoji6]
I know what I'm looking for and just aim straight for that.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

My missus has a taste for Ikea.
We've been to ones in Belfast, Glasgow, Cardiff, Bristol and Exeter.
All I can say is that the carparks are pretty good and the meatballs are nice [emoji4]

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

My missus has a taste for Ikea.
We've been to ones in Belfast, Glasgow, Cardiff, Bristol and Exeter.
All I can say is that the carparks are pretty good and the meatballs are nice emoji4.png

I like it for cutlery especially bowls and cups, 

Because we have three kids and breakfast bowls tend to get broken a lot, 

Went to visit my brother last October and he gave me a cup of tea in a 1994 Ireland - USA world cup mug 😅 I was like wow there's surly no kids or domestic challenges in this house "1994"

We also picked up some good quality mirrors and a customisable makeup unit also the cheapest temporary flooring I could source was from ikea 3 metre x 2 metre matts were €11 each, used them as temporary flooring which I could then easily dispose of in the wheelie bin at a later date one per week, 

As saw in my thread here https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/ 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 5:59 PM, Stoney871 said:

Always emoji6.png
I know what I'm looking for and just aim straight for that.

Like this? 😀

46508297_2558086510933123_3195697947329167360_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Like this? [emoji3]
46508297_2558086510933123_3195697947329167360_n.thumb.jpg.1804c1a6662015d2aaaae303014c403d.jpg
Indeed.
Even better is to avoid shopping altogether and save the energy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Turvey said:

Like this? 😀

46508297_2558086510933123_3195697947329167360_n.jpg

Definitely agree with that 😂. Us guys probably are more efficient when shopping however don't know when it comes to food shopping. With me I like to walk around quickly and get what I need if I ever had to get the weeks food. My mum likes to walk around slowly and take her time looking in each Isle and getting over food that it takes just over 2 hours to leave the shop. For someone like me who likes to move around quickly it aggitates me that I'd go to the last Isle and get stuff like bread, éclairs, milk to try and save time. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For food shopping, I make a list the day before and check all prices online to see whether Tesco or Sainsburys would be cheaper for that shop. (I know ASDA is probably cheaper than both but there isn't a local one).  Obviously also know exactly how much it'll cost.  This usually works...but not last week, one item was priced wrong online and on the shelf so I ended up a pound under the expected total...and needed the extra pound to qualify for a money off voucher...I then had to be 'one of those' that runs off to get something else at the till. :lol: 

I also make the list in the order of the items as they are shelved so it's easy to follow, and leave fresh stuff until last.  I can't stand the way some people shop with fresh items having gone off in their trolley before they even get to the checkout... :laugh: 

How's that for efficiency! :biggrin: 

• Like 1

Just received my new licence... surprisingly quick despite the time of year!!  :biggrin:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Just received my new licence... surprisingly quick despite the time of year!!  :biggrin:

I think the last time they gave them out like Christmas was in the 70's 

My mother got hers in Ireland in the 70's there was a strike in the government driving license offices, meaning anyone who applied got a licence without any testing, 

Including my mother 😀 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lenny said:

I think the last time they gave them out like Christmas was in the 70's 

My mother got hers in Ireland in the 70's there was a strike in the government driving license offices, meaning anyone who applied got a licence without any testing, 

Including my mother 😀 

Yeah, one of my relatives got her licence like that as well...she's always crashing into things even now, can't say it was a great idea tbh... 😮

• Like 2

I liked the surprisingly fruity rasp from the exhaust when I started it with the tailgate open this morning! (I'd parked up too close to a fence 'cos I couldn't see behind for the low sun so needed to move the car forward a bit to get my stuff out😁).

Places these days requesting a utility bill as proof of address when 99% of utility bills these days are sent online for paperless billing 😅

How's that proof of anything, proof I can provide the same false address twice to you and them because the bill came to my email inbox 😂 seriously 

Here's a top gear review of the new ST fiesta 

Something which I like and don't like is the ST line looks just about identical as the ST. The ST line looks like the most common model mk8 fiesta I'm seeing on the road so someone who has an ST probably won't get much heads turning as people might think it's the same car not the sporty top of the line one. I do get some of these ST line drivers turn their heads looking at my mk6.5 fiesta equivalent (which they probably think is an ST😂). Have to say the ST line look really nice in person especially in blue. 

Screenshot_20181220-114026.png

On 12/17/2018 at 4:41 PM, Lenny said:

Places these days requesting a utility bill as proof of address when 99% of utility bills these days are sent online for paperless billing 😅

How's that proof of anything, proof I can provide the same false address twice to you and them because the bill came to my email inbox 😂 seriously 

Whilst looking at mortgages, our first adviser required bank statements...but they wouldn't accept electronic copies.

Downloaded PDF printed, scanned and emailed was perfectly fine though?

...oddly enough...I didn't continue using that adviser much longer...

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, SeanW said:

Whilst looking at mortgages, our first adviser required bank statements...but they wouldn't accept electronic copies.

Downloaded PDF printed, scanned and emailed was perfectly fine though?

...oddly enough...I didn't continue using that adviser much longer...

Part of the application must be to shred a few trees in the process,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club