Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

11 hours ago, zain611 said:

Things have been a bit quiet here. Thought I might tell a story on what I did last week. 

Last week went into uni to pick up this M&S bag containing a polistyrene box with ice in it. Im currently doing a dissertation looking at mice spleen cells so had to go to this place to get the spleens and bring them back to uni to extract the cells. The ice box is to keep the spleens fresh. 

Did find it funny carrying the bag on the train. Would of been a little funny if someone thought of it as a suspicious package 🤣DSC_0718.thumb.JPG.6bec723b91659dfd80e9cff79d5f08fe.JPG

Went to the place and it's not bad. Wouldn't mind working in this sort of environment DSC_0682.thumb.JPG.1d21a3b5b350c829002cd393dd341587.JPG

Looks like they could use some 5's training in that lab it's very cluttered especially for a chemical environment, safety & fire hazard aswell as risk of objects falling from a height, 

I assume is an education lab and not a processing one?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

@Lenny honestly not sure. I'd of thought it's a processing one. 

Just a lot of combustible materials near the workstations, chemicals being stored on shelves next to box's above head height there's a risk of falling on someone's head or next to them on the table and looks like there's a bin blocking the eyelash station down there to the right lol 

• Like 1

Saving £300 over the next year and at the same quadrupling our internet speed by renegotiating the ISA interest rate and upgrading the broadband package to fibre :toast:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Saving £300 over the next year and at the same quadrupling our internet speed by renegotiating the ISA interest rate and upgrading the broadband package to fibre :toast:

way to go that's a great saving 😊

@TimST2 Carol shelby would be proud 👍. Reminds me a little of the one in need for speed. 

I do like this video uploaded today.

• Like 2

I do like this video uploaded today.

Nice review. I'm not sure about the under-bonnet log (!) though, or the tailpipe - it's not the prettiest thing is it?

He's also debadged it [emoji107] - the blue oval would look awesome on that car!

42 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Nice review. I'm not sure about the under-bonnet log (!) though, or the tailpipe - it's not the prettiest thing is it?

He's also debadged it 👎 - the blue oval would look awesome on that car!

Yeah lol I'd agree 😂. They were saying also its a lot of money tuning a NA car. That log effect part I'm sure he said was £950. I'd of got it in carbon fibre. 

People in the comments were saying how slow the mk6 ST is where peoples friends Corsas and other cars would keep up with it. One person said he traded in his EP3 type R for one and said it was the biggest car mistake he made.

Best tunable engine possibly in the mk6 fiesta range is the 1.6 turbo diesel engine. I'm sure easily with a hybrid turbo, focus 110 injectors you can easily get to around 180hp. Just with stock internals you can get 120hp and 276nm with a map. 

I forgot I use to own a Fiesta ST too, probably because it was only for 30 mins!

I was a salesman at a Ford dealership and on my last day working there I knew that we had a ridiculously cheap ST in stock which I was able to purchase at trade value. I bought it, drove it to another dealership 30 mins away that my brother worked at and sold it to them making a very quick £1500, result!!! It was a very nerve racking drive there though as I had to take finance out on it to buy it. The finance was paid off within a week so no interest was accumulated.

That was the one and only time I actually made money on a car rather than losing it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TimST2 said:

BBC News - Grey is the UK's favourite car colour for the first time
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46906254

Black will always rule in my book, but I approve of their choice of headline photo

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

sliver is the colour I like it seems to stays cleaner longer

Grey does look good on some cars like the mk6 fiesta zetec s and E46 3 series. 

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

Something Iike with silver is its hard to see scratches and dirt on it. 

White also looks nice. If I was going to get the mk6 ST I'd go with white. Only thing I don't like with white cars is they show dirt more easily plus they are more money compared to other colours. 

I'd stick with black. When it's clean it's like a mirror. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Grey does look good on some cars like the mk6 fiesta zetec s and E46 3 series. 

Something Iike with silver is its hard to see scratches and dirt on it. 

White also looks nice. If I was going to get the mk6 ST I'd go with white. Only thing I don't like with white cars is they show dirt more easily plus they are more money compared to other colours. 

I'd stick with black. When it's clean it's like a mirror. 

black cars seem to draw morons to scratch there paint work around were I live 

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

You'd soon change your mind looking at my van 😂

You can actually trace the spray patterns up off the wheels and from passing traffic lol

I'll grab a pic in a bit lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SeanW said:

You'd soon change your mind looking at my van 😂

You can actually trace the spray patterns up off the wheels and from passing traffic lol

I'll grab a pic in a bit lol

the dark blue that I have now shows all the dirt bad I wash it every week 

To be fair, I've had the van since August and never washed it lol

(In my defence I was away for summer, so it was the OH driving it...and umm, well...it's winter and I hate washing cars in winter lol)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SeanW said:

(In my defence I was away for summer, so it was the OH driving it...and umm, well...it's winter and I hate washing cars in winter lol)

I agree with not washing in winter to cold 😊

Lol, my neighbour has a silver car, it never looks dirty but he hardly ever has it cleaned.  I bought a silver car and immediately found out they do get dirty...and mudflaps make no difference either.  This was just the day after a wash! :rolleyes:  Then I realised, my neighbour probably only ever drives around town lol... :laugh: 

IMG_20180213_145324547.thumb.jpg.5dc0246cd2ab65a8c00a8a4d9ddcc0c2.jpg

• Like 2

Stolen from a car page on Facebook, but definitely applies to forums as well! :lol: 

675958113_Codereader.thumb.jpg.06ece5590e27bf4b2045de541045da5b.jpg

• Like 2

I do like seeing episode one of Series three Grand Tour is available to watch on amazon today 🙆‍♂️

I also like the fact that it's Friday as I'm choosing not to work overtime tomorrow, going to spend time with family instead; few jobs to do for my mother aswell, 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, my neighbour has a silver car, it never looks dirty but he hardly ever has it cleaned.  I bought a silver car and immediately found out they do get dirty...and mudflaps make no difference either.  This was just the day after a wash! :rolleyes:  Then I realised, my neighbour probably only ever drives around town lol... :laugh: 

A lot of people use them hand car wash's I never have but might have two getting to old to be messing about cleaning it   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

unnamed-800x600.thumb.jpg.72716038055f6e6e9e43cc5d934e3ad7.jpg

Ok, so I did and well got stuck in some mud and the flaps didn't help much lol

20160211_152522.thumb.jpg.a5de50bd1bb5f351cf42d8def0d8dbec.jpg

20160211_152532.thumb.jpg.76899c2a12ea807e9d53dd4a98c556d3.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lenny said:

unnamed-800x600.thumb.jpg.72716038055f6e6e9e43cc5d934e3ad7.jpg

Ok, so I did and well got stuck in some mud and the flaps didn't help much lol

20160211_152522.thumb.jpg.a5de50bd1bb5f351cf42d8def0d8dbec.jpg

20160211_152532.thumb.jpg.76899c2a12ea807e9d53dd4a98c556d3.jpg

needs cleaning 😊

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, dezwez said:

needs cleaning 😊

Sounded a lot like hail stones 😂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club