Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

14 minutes ago, Lenny said:

😂 they had a normal PVC door there which we were encouraged to bend and hit with a hammer to emphasize it's inferior quality compared to there build quality, 

It's your money mate but I would never pay that for a door. I've had a PVC on my first couple of houses but went over to composite for the last couple and have a composite at the moment too. They are definitely more secure, you could smash through a pvc centre panel where as a composite would have to be smashed off it's hinges.

The salesman told me all the security benefits but I just said to him yeah thats great, so the thieves will just put a brick through the window next to it instead!

There's also the minefield of euro cylinder lock standards then too, anti pick, anti bump, anti drill, etc, etc.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WES180 said:

It's your money mate but I would never pay that for a door. I've had a PVC on my first couple of houses but went over to composite for the last couple and have a composite at the moment too. They are definitely more secure, you could smash through a pvc centre panel where as a composite would have to be smashed off it's hinges.

The salesman told me all the security benefits but I just said to him yeah thats great, so the thieves will just put a brick through the window next to it instead!

There's also the minefield of euro cylinder lock standards then too, anti pick, anti bump, anti drill, etc, etc.

Seems nothing will stop the "Ding Dong" though 😂 "theres nobody opening get the ding dong"

• Haha 1

I like - Gerry Cinnamon's track on the radio at the minute called Sometimes.

I have honestly never heard of him before this week, I'm getting old!

44 minutes ago, WES180 said:

I also like that it's Friday!!!🙂

I've been off work yesterday and today; not back until Monday 🙆‍♂️ 

Would have preferred work yesterday though as took the wife & two daughters clothes shopping in Dublin, 

Me and the Son standing outside shops like were homeless 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Lenny said:

Would have preferred work yesterday though as took the wife & two daughters clothes shopping in Dublin, 

Me and the Son standing outside shops like were homeless

you might be if they carry on shopping 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lenny said:

I've been off work yesterday and today; not back until Monday 🙆‍♂️ 

Me and the Son standing outside shops like were homeless 🤷‍♂️

Ah I know that feeling. Whenever my mum tells my dad to take her shopping he always asks me to take her when us guys know we get bored to death going in clothes shops. 

• Like 1

Good day today, went out in this beast of a car with my uncle. He wanted to go with me to my local detailing shop to get some stuff for the car. Guys at the shop were looking at it. What a car. 

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Good day today, went out in this beast of a car with my uncle. He wanted to go with me to my local detailing shop to get some stuff for the car. Guys at the shop were looking at it. What a car. 

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

love it 😊

• Like 1

Things I Do Like - White chunky KitKats, sooo nice!

Never had one before and spotted them on the shelf whilst I was doing the shopping today so I thought I would treat myself along with some regular chunky KitKats, cherry bakewells, jam roly poly, stick toffee pudding and choc digestives. I think that was all!😄

Good job I go to the gym!

41 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Never had one before and spotted them on the shelf whilst I was doing the shopping today so I thought I would treat myself along with some regular chunky KitKats, cherry bakewells, jam roly poly, stick toffee pudding and choc digestives. I think that was all!😄

And Diet Coke 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

And Diet Coke 😉

Coke Zero actually! 😄

Well, the jam roly poly is gone, serves 4? Yeah ok, what a joke, it served 2! 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, zain611 said:

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

A friend of ours bought himself one of those as a retirement present to himself. He bought his other half a Merc E63 AMG so she didn't feel left out!😀 Amazed they haven't picked up 12 points apiece by now!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WES180 said:

😄

Well, the jam roly poly is gone, serves 4? Yeah ok, what a joke, it served 2! 😋

It would probably have only served 1 in our house, with a gallon of custard!😀

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, WES180 said:

Even with going to the gym all that sugar can't be good for you!? :laugh:  I'm constantly worried about future diabetes and tooth problems myself! :lol: 

For those of you that like biscuits though...you can get a whole weeks worth of Border biscuits in Sainsburys for £2 atm!  :biggrin:  Or 2 days worth if you don't have any self discipline lol. :tongue: 

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/border-biscuits-sharing-pack-400g

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Even with going to the gym all that sugar can't be good for you!? :laugh:  I'm constantly worried about future diabetes and tooth problems myself! :lol: 

I know mate. I drank a ridiculous amount of Coke until recently. I then switched to Coke Zero but stopped that too due to all the links between Aspartame and depression. So...... switched to Ribena only to find that the additives now in that are as bad as Aspartame. I just drink water now throughout the day and have 1 cup of coffee with my breakfast.

Amazingly I still only have 1 filling at 41yrs old and had that when I was 18.

9 minutes ago, WES180 said:

I know mate. I drank a ridiculous amount of Coke until recently. I then switched to Coke Zero but stopped that too due to all the links between Aspartame and depression. So...... switched to Ribena only to find that the additives now in that are as bad as Aspartame. I just drink water now with 1 cup of coffee with my breakfast.

Amazingly I still only have 1 filling at 41yrs old and had that when I was 18.

I used to drink a lot of sugar free flavoured sparkling water until I found out it was very acidic and also full of artificial sweetners, so I only drink plain water now as well.  

I've not been to the dentist for about 7 years myself...it's pretty much all of my fears & phobias rolled into one lol.  Trying to force myself into a checkup this year though...  I thought I must be due a filling or two at least by now but maybe not after reading that lol!

• Haha 1

Last time i went the dentist they said all perfect. Before i left they asked if they could take a free xray for their records, next minute apparently i needed a filling. I said if you need an xray to find it then i dont need it, that was 11yrs ago now. The girl on the desk was arguing, "You have to get it done", I'm sure they are on some sort of commission. Needless to say I never went back there again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

For those of you that like biscuits though...you can get a whole weeks worth of Border biscuits in Sainsburys for £2 atm!  :biggrin:  Or 2 days worth if you don't have any self discipline lol. :tongue: 

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/border-biscuits-sharing-pack-400g

With me I don't really have much sugary stuff. I like to drink sugar free vimto which you have to dilute which is a bonus as your drinking water. My dad's side of the family has type 2 diabetes which runs in the family so I get a little worried about that. Sometimes once or twice a week I have a little sweet thing in the evenings. 

They say also how important it is to have breakfast which I always skip out on when going uni. I'd take a wheatabix breakfast drink with me and drink it in moderation of the day as it has 12g of sugar so don't want to put all that in my body at once. 

• Like 1

I used to drink a lot of sugar free flavoured sparkling water until I found out it was very acidic and also full of artificial sweetners, so I only drink plain water now as well.  

I've not been to the dentist for about 7 years myself...it's pretty much all of my fears & phobias rolled into one lol.  Trying to force myself into a checkup this year though...  I thought I must be due a filling or two at least by now but maybe not after reading that lol!

When I was younger I used to be scared going to the dentist to a point that I'd keep gagging when theyd put those things in my mouth. Years later and 21 now I'm going again and thankfully I think I've overcome that fear plus I found holding your breath whilst they are checking your teeth doesn't stimulate gagging. Still need to get braces. In my case they are saying I might have to go for surgery as my jaw hasn't been developed properly as I'm actually able to move it forward. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

With me I don't really have much sugary stuff. I like to drink sugar free vimto which you have to dilute which is a bonus as your drinking water. My dad's side of the family has type 2 diabetes which runs in the family so I get a little worried about that. Sometimes once or twice a week I have a little sweet thing in the evenings. 

They say also how important it is to have breakfast which I always skip out on when going uni. I'd take a wheatabix breakfast drink with me and drink it in moderation of the day as it has 12g of sugar so don't want to put all that in my body at once. 

My Nan had diabetes but I don't think anyone else in the family did.  But saying that, my Nan was the only blood relative I actually knew older than my parents due to divorces and adoptions etc lol...so who knows what might be waiting for me! :laugh:   My Dad is now just passed retirement age and has high blood pressure...but my Mum has low blood pressure so hopefully those will cancel eachother out. :wink: 

I can't eat sweet things in the evenings anymore with my stomach issues as it causes really bad reflux all night so that helps keep the sugar down a bit lol.  I must admit I do often have a biscuit or cake with lunch though.  I don't actually need it as I went through January without any so it's really just a habit I guess.  Yeah, I was surprised just how much sugar is in breakfast foods as well.  I tend to just have toast as it's cheap but recently experimented with yogurts, granola, museli, bagels etc but couldn't believe how much sugar was in them.  I used to basically live off Belvita biscuits when I was still at home but they're packed with sugar as well.  I guess the idea is to keep sugar levels up during the morning but there must be a limit.

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

When I was younger I used to be scared going to the dentist to a point that I'd keep gagging when theyd put those things in my mouth. Years later and 21 now I'm going again and thankfully I think I've overcome that fear plus I found holding your breath whilst they are checking your teeth doesn't stimulate gagging. Still need to get braces. In my case they are saying I might have to go for surgery as my jaw hasn't been developed properly as I'm actually able to move it forward. 

I have trouble even getting a toothbrush in at home, and can't stand being touched or having my personal space 'invaded', or the bright lights, loud noises and strong smells in the dentists.  Plus as I've probably said before, I have a major phobia of any medical or anything to do with bodies, bodily fluids, medical instruments etc so it really is one of my worst nightmares having to visit a dentist. :sad:  I hadn't heard about breath holding to stop gagging but I do know of another method.  If you hum a fairly high, constant note 'eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' that seems to help a bit.

My dentist obviously hated me when I was younger...he could see I was terrified of being there so told me I'd need braces...  I went through weeks of worrying about it, then when I finally got to the Orthodontist he said he couldn't why I was there as I had no need for them at all! 😮  They have moved a bit since my lower wisdom teeth made a half-arsed to come through though.  One only just broke through and then got stuck, and the other didn't even get that far but I can feel it underneath.  I  get a lot of jaw ache thanks to them but really hope they never have to come out!

• Like 1

My Nan had diabetes but I don't think anyone else in the family did.  But saying that, my Nan was the only blood relative I actually knew older than my parents due to divorces and adoptions etc lol...so who knows what might be waiting for me! :laugh:   My Dad is now just passed retirement age and has high blood pressure...but my Mum has low blood pressure so hopefully those will cancel eachother out. :wink: 

I can't eat sweet things in the evenings anymore with my stomach issues as it causes really bad reflux all night so that helps keep the sugar down a bit lol.  I must admit I do often have a biscuit or cake with lunch though.  I don't actually need it as I went through January without any so it's really just a habit I guess.  Yeah, I was surprised just how much sugar is in breakfast foods as well.  I tend to just have toast as it's cheap but recently experimented with yogurts, granola, museli, bagels etc but couldn't believe how much sugar was in them.  I used to basically live off Belvita biscuits when I was still at home but they're packed with sugar as well.  I guess the idea is to keep sugar levels up during the morning but there must be a limit.

I have trouble even getting a toothbrush in at home, and can't stand being touched or having my personal space 'invaded', or the bright lights, loud noises and strong smells in the dentists.  Plus as I've probably said before, I have a major phobia of any medical or anything to do with bodies, bodily fluids, medical instruments etc so it really is one of my worst nightmares having to visit a dentist. :sad:  I hadn't heard about breath holding to stop gagging but I do know of another method.  If you hum a fairly high, constant note 'eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' that seems to help a bit.

My dentist obviously hated me when I was younger...he could see I was terrified of being there so told me I'd need braces...  I went through weeks of worrying about it, then when I finally got to the Orthodontist he said he couldn't why I was there as I had no need for them at all! 😮  They have moved a bit since my lower wisdom teeth made a half-arsed to come through though.  One only just broke through and then got stuck, and the other didn't even get that far but I can feel it underneath.  I  get a lot of jaw ache thanks to them but really hope they never have to come out!

Lol I don't think having parents with low and high blood pressure will cancel out and make you have normal blood pressure. It all comes down to genes and if the gene which causes that particular feature is dominant or recessive. I did a punnett square looking at the chances of me getting type 2 diabetes and its a 50/50 chance. My dad and his mum and my mums dad have it although my grandad I think was environmental. I remember reading up about bad foods to have and breakfast drinks were one of them. I forgot what they said but with me it's the sugar. One of my friends said its high in protein so that and the sugar would get diluted down. 

I think the reason for gagging is when your under stress. I think best method for me is holding my breath 😂. Last time I went to the orthodontics I went to this hospital which is part of UCL. I went into the room and on the side there was 4 girls sitting there 😂. The main dentist said they are doing their masters and so observe how a dentist do what they do. I did feel a little uncomfortable as I was the only guy there so just kept staring at the X-ray images of my jaw which after years I don't get scared at looking at it. 

• Like 1

I like - Feeling fresh as a daisy after a night out on the pop!🙂

Good job really with my 2yr old up and wanting to play. Ive already had my annual day pass from my wife 2 weeks back when I couldn't get out of bed til 19:30 the next night, ooops!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club