Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Just now, dezwez said:

bet she said no 🙂

After a lot of other words and free style sort of dancing yeah she said no then after all dat 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

nice weather today  Going out for a spin

20180714_175330.thumb.jpg.d2cdb9b4b757b41f112eaa0f9b140ffe.jpg

20180714_175354.thumb.jpg.0355d9bfc848f433f768c27cfdfa6010.jpg

have fun 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, dezwez said:

have fun 🙂

I'm back now 😩😰 sweating went around 2km up to the park around the jogging track and home again giggity jig 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Lol no worry about road tax or fuel (unless you count the cost of food to fuel you) 🤣

Plenty of arms for indicators too 😂🤣

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Micro said:

Early start tomorrow, replacing front brake discs/pads, and then off to Ford to have the brake fluid changed as it's getting on for 8 years old (and get them to give the brakes a once over to make sure i've done it right!). Do like it when a plan comes together!

Even went out specially today and bought some little wire brushes to clean the caliper bracket up 😁

Do like the job kind of going as planned, except I lost my 6" g clamp and threadlocker... After my wheels were off so sent my dad on a trip!

All cleaned up, greased on the contact points and fitted back together, caliper moving freely on it's nice clean pins and good brake feel.

The only thing I've noticed is that there is a grinding noticeable at heavier braking pressure but it does slow the car appropriately and brakes evenly with no pulling - I'm assuming this will ease as the brake pads and discs bed in. The discs look lovely and even both sides.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Micro said:

Do like the job kind of going as planned, except I lost my 6" g clamp and threadlocker... After my wheels were off so sent my dad on a trip!

All cleaned up, greased on the contact points and fitted back together, caliper moving freely on it's nice clean pins and good brake feel.

The only thing I've noticed is that there is a grinding noticeable at heavier braking pressure but it does slow the car appropriately and brakes evenly with no pulling - I'm assuming this will ease as the brake pads and discs bed in. The discs look lovely and even both sides.

brakes do take time to bed in  👍

• Like 2

On 2/25/2019 at 5:27 PM, dezwez said:

brakes do take time to bed in  👍

The noise concerned me and not at the same time 😂 I knew i'd installed and greased correctly as i'd double + triple checked. After a 5 mile drive on country roads with some gentle braking they're now silent, I'm just being careful not to brake too hard for them as I (probably!) normally drive a bit harder than I should! Sat next to a BMW at some traffic lights earlier who had massive pad outlines on her brake discs... sat on her brakes at the lights too 😛

Only trouble is the brake fluid looks rather minging now i've pushed it back into the reservoir, at services they'd been topping up with new so it's booked in to have that done on Friday at local Ford dealer.

The last few weeks i have tried these new card only petrol pumps and so much faster and easier,do me.

Card in,pin,petrol,pump back and receipt and im gone.

• Like 2

Just now, jace1969 said:

The last few weeks i have tried these new card only petrol pumps and so much faster and easier,do me.

I agree they are much better :smile:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jace1969 said:

Also Handy for the end of the month if your tight for money, withdraw all funds as long as there is two pounds in the bank account; you can fill as much fuel as you want then your account goes in to negative figures pay for it when the funds come in to the account, 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dezwez said:

I agree they are much better :smile:

The way thd governments like it too, less human interaction, The same with mobile phones eliminating people's ability to get together on matters,

Won't be any physical get together protests or communities standing together in ten years time as they won't be confident enough to speak out together 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Also Handy for the end of the month if your tight for money, withdraw all funds as long as there is two pounds in the bank account; you can fill as much fuel as you want then your account goes in to negative figures pay for it when the funds come in to the account, 

good point

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Won't you get charged for being overdrawn?

I've never used pay at pump, heard of loads of cards being cloned by those machines.  I am tempted to try the BP app though, couldn't use it on my old phone but should give it a go now.  I hate having to deal with the cashier in the kiosk...

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:
I've never used pay at pump, heard of loads of cards being cloned by those machines.  I am tempted to try the BP app though, couldn't use it on my old phone but should give it a go now.  I hate having to deal with the cashier in the kiosk...

Never heard this clone thing at the pumps,there are loads of people waiting at them,that ,BP app I have heard problems with app overcharging and playing up.

The reviews on this BP app are terrible,problems galore.

Only used it 3 times and seems great,don't like the idea of a £99 charge while the money is taken from account then its scrapped after,never comes out of

the account it says,i always get a receipt for everything these days at least i have a bit of proof.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I do like getting 4 wheel nuts today to replace the broken locking nut(and all the other ones just to be safe) for free today! 😎

On the down side there's a V reg Focus estate running around now missing a nut on each wheel 😗 😀

Disclaimer: The owner was agreeable as the car doesn't run and is getting scrapped. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

You would be charged for the overdraft but sometimes I'm happy to pay the overdraft fee it it gives me a tank of fuel to get to work for the week ahead.

IMG_20160627_180241_zpstyleijcq_edit_1467047989249_zpsbilkzknj_edit_1474450811582_zps7dt6trws.thumb.jpg.c91cd967ce1584850b2a7456472eba2f.jpg

Fuel prices fluctuate anyway 😂 cheaper last week on the pump but the overdraft fee stung in the tail which almost balanced out the cost of purchasing at the new price.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Turvey said:

I do like getting 4 wheel nuts today to replace the broken locking nut(and all the other ones just to be safe) for free today! 😎

On the down side there's a V reg Focus estate running around now missing a nut on each wheel 😗 😀

Disclaimer: The owner was agreeable as the car doesn't run and is getting scrapped. 

snickers_more_nuts_mr_T_zpsnwyo0r6s.gif 

• Haha 1

I do like getting a hefty discount on car insurance... :wink: :laugh: 

222210353_Admiraldiscount.jpg.370c8c3dc14bd39735fac44ca3529284.jpg

Needless to say I've moved elsewhere now lol.  The original renewal price was £527!!  After a second offer of £459 I just said to cancel the renewal and received this extra pound off which made me laugh.  Anyway, have now got it for just under £350 for the 2.0 TDI Golf, fully comp with windscreen etc, same level of cover as before.  Haven't had insurance that cheap since the Vectra back in 2013, I've always found Fords to be more expensive for some reason.  Still looking for a Mk3.5 1.0EB Focus but the prices just aren't dropping around here, some are higher now than they were 2 months ago! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, TomsFocus said:

I do like getting a hefty discount on car insurance... :wink: :laugh: 

222210353_Admiraldiscount.jpg.370c8c3dc14bd39735fac44ca3529284.jpg

Needless to say I've moved elsewhere now lol.  Got it for just under £350 for the Golf for the year.  Still looking for a Mk3.5 1.0EB Focus but the prices just aren't dropping around here, some are higher now than they were 2 months ago! 

that's a joke a valued customer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dezwez said:

I'd been with them for about 7 years as well!  Loyalty means nothing nowadays, always worth shopping around with any high priced item like insurance etc.

On that subject, my breakdown will be due soon, I think it was you that said about a decent one with a phone app recently, what company was that? :smile: 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dezwez said:

Think of the McDonald's Drive-Tru with the savings 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I'd been with them for about 7 years as well!  Loyalty means nothing nowadays, always worth shopping around with any high priced item like insurance etc.

On that subject, my breakdown will be due soon, I think it was you that said about a decent one with a phone app recently, what company was that? :smile: 

yes mate it is smart rescue    https://www.startrescue.co.uk/breakdown-cover

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club