Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

2 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Probably might make it cheaper for you to insure something else like a BMW or audi. I was quoted around £1150 in a years time for a E90 BMW 325i. That's an extra £200 compared to my insurance now for a 3 litre straight 6.

No it doesn't unfortunately.  The discount goes on percentage, say 10% discount with 1 year, 20% with 2 years etc.  But the maximum is 7 years, you don't get any more discount after that. :sad:   But that does explain why my insurance has been going up the last few years instead of down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like receiving my 'Proof of No Claims' letter...and finding out I have one more year than I thought! :laugh: 

Doesn't make any difference to the price though sadly, the max discount is between 5-7 years, doesn't matter how many more you have. :sad: 

I thought it was 10 years max discount

23 minutes ago, dezwez said:

It seems to vary between companies just like some companies ask If you have had any accidents in the last 3yrs and some ask 5yrs!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WES180 said:

It seems to vary between companies just like some companies ask If you have had any accidents in the last 3yrs and some ask 5yrs!

right I like the 3 years over 5 :biggrin:

• Like 1

I often see F15s plus RAF types doing low flying when I'm walking in the Dales. Been trying to get a shot like that for years, but never been quick enough! It really is a brilliant shot! 
I did used to have a photo I took from an RAF Tri-Star tanker of three Tornado jets line astern where they had just refuelled and the pilots & navigators were all giving a thumbs up.
Unfortunately it got lost to the annals of history which is a pity as it was a cracking one off shot.
Perks of life in the RAF. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

@Nick Y @Lenny @TomsFocus @presleymk4 Guys modern warfare remastered is free to download 😊

Thanks but personally between work and family I rarely get the time, I'm sticking with GTA5 keep me going when I get the chance.

7 hours ago, Lenny said:

Thanks but personally between work and family I rarely get the time, I'm sticking with GTA5 keep me going when I get the chance.

Lol you can still get it. It'll be saved in your library after you get it then from there you can choose to download it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dezwez said:

As Wes says, depends on insurer.  I haven seen any offering more than 7 recently though! 😮 

12 hours ago, zain611 said:

@Nick Y @Lenny @TomsFocus @presleymk4 Guys modern warfare remastered is free to download 😊

15519034706946653469959490347918.jpg

Thanks Zain.  Modern warfare was an epic game back in the day! :biggrin:  Looks like this is PS4 only though?  I'm on Xbox One.  I'm still playing Assassins Creed Odyssey currently though, can't believe how big this game is!  Currently been playing for 135 hours and 75% complete.  😮  I got CoD BO4 for my bday 3 weeks ago but waiting to complete AC before I start that lol. :biggrin: 

• Like 1

I like that despite knowing diddly about computers I've managed to follow a guide on YouTube and have now extended my Wi-Fi using an old router I had lying around!

I already have one of the plug in type extenders but due to the size and construction of my bungalow it never reached ours and our daughter's bedrooms.

Previously when I was renovating the bungalow I ran a couple of cat6 cables from the living room to the bedroom so I've used the spare one of those to connect the two routers and then reprogrammed the old router to work as a Wi-Fi booster.

It's so satisfying when you can improve something using items you had lying around, especially when you haven't got a clue lol.

This was the very helpful guide I followed - 

• Like 5

😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

😂

Don't sound bad for a diesel but I'd be worried driving a car belching out that much smoke. 

• Haha 2

Sunshine. 

Garage. 

Tools 

Fix 

starts

Drives

job done. 

and a can't forget a cold one afterwards 😉 

19 hours ago, WES180 said:

I like that despite knowing diddly about computers I've managed to follow a guide on YouTube and have now extended my Wi-Fi using an old router I had lying around!

I already have one of the plug in type extenders but due to the size and construction of my bungalow it never reached ours and our daughter's bedrooms.

Previously when I was renovating the bungalow I ran a couple of cat6 cables from the living room to the bedroom so I've used the spare one of those to connect the two routers and then reprogrammed the old router to work as a Wi-Fi booster.

It's so satisfying when you can improve something using items you had lying around, especially when you haven't got a clue lol.

This was the very helpful guide I followed - 

wow i gotta give this a try lol, i no sod all about computers but il try 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, presleymk4 said:

wow i gotta give this a try lol, i no sod all about computers but il try 

I'm having a couple of problems with it at the minute, I think I might need to change the SSID on the extender router as my devices are struggling to switch between the two. I might just run it by our IT guy in work to get his opinion rather than wasting hours on it because I'm clueless lol.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, WES180 said:

I'm having a couple of problems with it at the minute, I think I might need to change the SSID on the extender router as my devices are struggling to switch between the two. I might just run it by our IT guy in work to get his opinion rather than wasting hours on it because I'm clueless lol.

o yes best way of doing it lol i am rubbish with all that stuff it goes straight over my head 

6 hours ago, WES180 said:

I'm guessing you're talking about when you're moving around the house? Using existing/older Access Points or Routers configured as such aren't clever enough to provide the best connection to your devices as you move around. If you were to connect to one router on one side of your house, then move across to the other and your signal were to drop, your device wouldn't then seamlessly switch to the closest router to get a better signal.

Newer, purpose built Mesh Wi-Fi devices do help switch your devices around to whichever is capable of providing a better connection.

Not read though this page completely but it covers the general point:

https://www.trustedreviews.com/opinion/mesh-routers-whole-home-wi-fi-explained-2953740

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

The brakes on the ST are good :thumbsup: (🚦)

I can back this statement up 😁.

Had my MOT and 4th service on Monday and after 31580 miles on the original pads and discs, the service report (green/amber/red ratings) has my front pads at 10mm, discs 22mm and rear pads 7mm, discs 9.6mm (not that I know what the new, un-used figures are).

**Edit** Had the brake fluid changed as well (didn't recall it being done at any previous service) and this has made a noticeable difference from beforehand.

8 hours ago, Zico said:

I'm guessing you're talking about when you're moving around the house? Using existing/older Access Points or Routers configured as such aren't clever enough to provide the best connection to your devices as you move around. If you were to connect to one router on one side of your house, then move across to the other and your signal were to drop, your device wouldn't then seamlessly switch to the closest router to get a better signal.

Newer, purpose built Mesh Wi-Fi devices do help switch your devices around to whichever is capable of providing a better connection.

Not read though this page completely but it covers the general point:

https://www.trustedreviews.com/opinion/mesh-routers-whole-home-wi-fi-explained-2953740

At work I can walk from the one end of the building to the other and my laptop and phone switch seamlessly between the 4-5 access points that are dotted around with no noticeable loss in connectivity - they don't, afaik, have mesh networking devices, they're standard AP's.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Micro said:

At work I can walk from the one end of the building to the other and my laptop and phone switch seamlessly between the 4-5 access points that are dotted around with no noticeable loss in connectivity - they don't, afaik, have mesh networking devices, they're standard AP's.

Yeah, we have a fair few dotted around in work and when I have the radio on my phone via wifi it seamlessly switches between them all as I'm walking through.

I'm going to have a little tinker now with the old router and see if I can get it working better. If I can't I will speak to our IT guy who set my works premises system up to see what he recommends. He initially recommended a particular wifi extender that I went and bought but I probably didn't stress how long our bungalow is so it never works properly at the furthest end which happens to be ours and our daughters bedrooms.

20 hours ago, TimST2 said:

The brakes on the ST are good :thumbsup: (🚦)

If your talking about braking power I definitely agree. Wish ford put those size discs on all model fiestas as it's better for safety. After upgrading the front and rear brakes to ST ones there's less pressure needed on the pedal to get decent braking plus all 4 brakes seem to engage not like before with the drums. 

• Like 1

Sarah Chalke (Dr Elliot Reid in Scrubs)

Video gaming (PC/XBox One X/PS4 Pro/ Nintendo Switch) been gaming since the late 1970s and will have a game controller prised from my lifeless hand when I die.

Motorbikes

Baking

Cooking in general

Golf

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Micro said:

We've got a similar setup at work as well. Our building probably had more than 20 AP's a few years ago but this was greatly reduced last year when our IT dept. updated the network equipment (probably around half without counting). Business spec devices a number of years back weren't mesh as such but had additional functions/capabilities that would act in a basic fashion to hand off a device to another AP that would give a better connection and so on. Newer devices are better and prices have dropped that you're now able to get similar functionality in home user products.

6 hours ago, WES180 said:

Yeah, we have a fair few dotted around in work and when I have the radio on my phone via wifi it seamlessly switches between them all as I'm walking through.

I'm going to have a little tinker now with the old router and see if I can get it working better. If I can't I will speak to our IT guy who set my works premises system up to see what he recommends. He initially recommended a particular wifi extender that I went and bought but I probably didn't stress how long our bungalow is so it never works properly at the furthest end which happens to be ours and our daughters bedrooms.

Downside to Wi-Fi extenders is that you obviously need to place them in a spot where they can get a good, strong signal from the original router and then still provide a similar good signal at the furthest point that your are trying to reach. If this isn't possible, an additional extender would be needed and you're then only going to end up decreasing the Wi-Fi speed the more extenders you use.

I'm assuming your second router is connected by network cable to the first?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club