Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

20 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I often walk past this...erm...monument...and wonder what the brief was for the designer...  :unsure:

"Hi there, our garden isn't quite fallic enough, could you rectify this for us please?"  :laugh:

IMG_20190329_145949034_HDR.thumb.jpg.fbd9f7a95145d90bb2c21a122f45f094.jpg

Looks like an Ann Summers toy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

Looks like an Ann Summers toy 

WTF looks s__t ☺️

• Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 5:50 PM, jace1969 said:

I'm getting into these live streaming cameras on YouTube on my Android t.v being a better and larger screen and some are 4K and are amazing.

The city's are one of the best as you can see day to day life on the other side of the world and some road rules make me put my hands over my eyes like japan and places.

Is there any rules at all in Thailand as looking at this Irish bar (Tropical Murphys) which is great but there seems to be nothing.

Not seen 1 police person or car in days,have a drink and jump onto your Moped outside,no helmets and take kids on the bikes,i mean very young like them slings around

your shoulders so kid is at the front or sit them on the front of the seat,no traffic lights on a lot of junctions and trading rules and safety there is nothing,theirs loads of stuff.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

Is there any rules at all in Thailand as looking at this Irish bar (Tropical Murphys) which is great but there seems to be nothing.

Not seen 1 police person or car in days,have a drink and jump onto your Moped outside,no helmets and take kids on the bikes,i mean very young like them slings around

your shoulders so kid is at the front or sit them on the front of the seat,no traffic lights on a lot of junctions and trading rules and safety there is nothing,theirs loads of stuff.

You can beat the wife but you cant beaf the crack in Irish bar 😉

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lenny said:

You can beat the wife but you cant beaf the crack in Irish bar 😉

Its dam bad,it only shows the''good places'' but god the one place it just shows outside and the females think there gods gift walking around outside,they need a good meal 😂 and i do mean 🍟🍔🍕

The chap has a lot of live streams over there about 12 and mostly apart from one are great but the rules are complete MAD over there,im waiting for a crash or something kick off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

Its dam bad,it only shows the''good places'' but god the one place it just shows outside and the females think there gods gift walking around outside,they need a good meal 😂 and i do mean 🍟🍔🍕

The chap has a lot of live streams over there about 12 and mostly apart from one are great but the rules are complete MAD over there,im waiting for a crash or something kick off.

A work mate went on an elephant ride there in the forest somewhere and said it was terrible cruel, they used a pick axe to stab the elephant to get them to move or stop, and the driver was smoking a joint.

The work college is a well rounded fella wouldn't be wild atall barely drinks or anything so I believe his story, 

This is a preemptive like - Mrs. TimST2 is taking the kids out for the morning so I can wash the ST. I've bought some caliper paint and wheel paint too to sort out the stone chip I picked up, but before that its snow foam, shampoo and wax time (and man does it need it).

A work mate went on an elephant ride there in the forest somewhere and said it was terrible cruel, they used a pick axe to stab the elephant to get them to move or stop, and the driver was smoking a joint.
The work college is a well rounded fella wouldn't be wild atall barely drinks or anything so I believe his story, 
It does look when you go out the city's it's that type of place but seems very,very clean,not a piece of rubbish anywhere not like here.
There is good and bad places everywhere but being bad to animals I would have to say something and get my self in hot water,can't stand that.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TimST2 said:
This is a preemptive like - Mrs. TimST2 is taking the kids out for the morning so I can wash the ST. I've bought some caliper paint and wheel paint too to sort out the stone chip I picked up, but before that its snow foam, shampoo and wax time (and man does it need it).

snow foam is on and doing its work. Time for a cuppa...

12a88cdab0fb3f42ec4e2f85e9625339.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

Snow foam is on and doing its work. Time for a cuppa...12a88cdab0fb3f42ec4e2f85e9625339.jpg

Prepare to apply three coats of that paint as it goes on quite thin, 

There used to be a foliatec kit available which came with hardener to mix in then apply within an hour; but Halfords stuff is quite watery, first coat will look cherry but let it dry and go again.

Also sheet of cardboard on the ground 👍

IMG_20130214_192508_zps034f035f.thumb.jpg.b979fbb1e5c3bad6c5c236050d7de512.jpg

IMG_20130216_201245_zps5168290c.thumb.jpg.89d6623e85544866d70fea64d2551141.jpg

If I were you or anyone with the option of doing this or spending time with the family; I'd be spending time with the family; but I work various shift patterns meaning I can do my own thing when there in school sometimes.

• Like 1

Yep first coat looks thin. I'm spending all weekend with the family so a morning to myself is a treat.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TimST2 said:
Yep first coat looks thin.

3 coats looks good. I'm only touching up some stone chips so didn't even need to remove the wheels.

Jury's still out about the wheel paint. It's VW LD7R which is supposed to be the best match for Ford Rock Grey (which Ford don't sell). I'll see what it dries like but right now it looks a bit dark...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TimST2 said:
Jury's still out about the wheel paint. It's VW LD7R which is supposed to be the best match for Ford Rock Grey (which Ford don't sell). I'll see what it dries like but right now it looks a bit dark...

Looked a pretty good match when dry so just applied a second coat. I'm taking it back with scratch-x each time too to get a good finish. Should be able to seal with lacquer tomorrow. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

As an insomniac, I do like the thought of one less hour in bed tonight!  Don't forget your clocks. 😛

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@TimST2 will look forward to pictures when it's done 👍. Sprayed the rear calipers gloss black when I fitted the ST disc brakes on. Haven't done the front calipers yet. 

6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

As an insomniac, I do like the thought of one less hour in bed tonight!  Don't forget your clocks. 😛

Does the hour go forward or back. Always get mixed up on that when those times come. 

4 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Does the hour go forward or back. Always get mixed up on that when those times come. 

The easy way to remember it is 'spring forwards, fall back'. Though admittedly it works better for Americans who use the word fall instead of Autumn lol! :biggrin:

So tonight we completely miss 2am...if you watch a radio controlled clock it'll jump straight from 1.59am to 3.00am.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Hopefully we'll be stopping this very shortly https://www.wired.co.uk/article/daylight-saving-time-european-parliament-vote it is quite literally, a waste of time! 

I've always thought they should move forward half an hour in spring and just leave it like that. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Hopefully we'll be stopping this very shortly https://www.wired.co.uk/article/daylight-saving-time-european-parliament-vote it is quite literally, a waste of time! 

I've always thought they should move forward half an hour in spring and just leave it like that. 

I'm sure every year I see something similar lol!  Hopefully they will actually stop it soon though!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm sure every year I see something similar lol!  Hopefully they will actually stop it soon though!

Funny you should say that ☺ 

The EU plans to stop it in the year 2022 there wont be a clock change; this is bad news if you live in the republic of Ireland and you work in Northern Ireland as the rule only applies to EU countries meaning when the north puts the clock forward an hour you have to leave earlier for work,

Also the automatic speed cameras which monitor the A-B time will catch alot of people speeding due to the one hour difference on the M1 from Dublin to Newry and N2 from Dublin to Derry ☺

• Like 2

But Eire could volunteer to step in line with the 'rest of Europe' and adopt not changing? 🤔

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Turvey said:

But Eire could volunteer to step in line with the 'rest of Europe' and adopt not changing? 🤔

Personally I'm in favour of not changing the clock; 

Which then asks "which mode should we leave it in wintervor summer" 

The very original mode before they ever touched it was winter mode, and personally I'm in favour of that one because if left in summer mode all year;

Then It would be dark in winter when the kids are going to school which in some rural country areas can jeopardise there safety as they may be standing on roads waiting for a bus.

Other than that it doesn't bother me as I work nights every three weeks anyway ☺

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

Personally I'm in favour of not changing the clock; 

Which then asks "which mode should we leave it in wintervor summer" 

The very original mode before they ever touched it was winter mode, and personally I'm in favour of that one because if left in summer mode all year;

Then It would be dark in winter when the kids are going to school which in some rural country areas can jeopardise there safety as they may be starting on roads waiting for a bus. Other than that it doesn't bother me as I work nights every three weeks anyway ☺

They could just start school an hour later...  1st lesson never was very productive as everyone was still half asleep! :laugh: 

I think everyone would have to stick with Greenwich standard time (winter mode) anyway though.  Although we spend more than half the year on BST currently lol.

• Haha 1

Its mother's day 

Just saying if anyone forgot like I almost did,

Thankfully the clocks went forward last night meaning the wife has only out of bed now;

I've made it to Tesco at 8am before she got out of bed 😀 win/win 

• Like 1

That's lucky Lenny, in Wales the shops don't open till 10:30 on Sunday. My daughter works in Swansea and she said it was as busy as Christmas yesterday.