Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I've been ill for a couple of days and havent been out so i thought I'd better get to Asda last night to pick up some flowers for my mum and my wife. I couldn't believe how busy it was at 7pm and how rubbish the flowers were, most of them looked half dead. Luckily I managed to find two decent bunches before anyone else grabbed them. 

Its a total scam that for the rest of the year these particular bunches are £10 but get inflated to £15 for Mothers Day!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, WES180 said:

I've been ill for a couple of days and havent been out so i thought I'd better get to Asda last night to pick up some flowers for my mum and my wife. I couldn't believe how busy it was at 7pm and how rubbish the flowers were, most of them looked half dead. Luckily I managed to find two decent bunches before anyone else grabbed them. 

Its a total scam that for the rest of the year these particular bunches are £10 but get inflated to £15 for Mothers Day!

Yeah funnily enough yesterday from coming home from grans at 10pm my mum said she wants to go tescos quickly to get flowers for her mum. At that time there were still people around looking for mothers day gifts. Luckily my sister got some stuff a week before for us to give to mum so saved me the hassle however I did see some nice roses there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WES180 said:

Tbh it's still a scam that 5 flower stems cost a tenner the rest of the year! :laugh: 

I'm really not a fan of cut flowers at all...it feels like buying someone a pet, but killing it first so it just slowly decays in their home for the next fortnight.  Dropping mess on the floor, staining the carpet and smelling like a stagnant pond...  On top of that, you can't buy these all natural, totally biodegradable gifts without them being wrapped in plastic film! 😒 :sad: 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2019 at 5:03 PM, zain611 said:
[mention=98787]TimST2[/mention] will look forward to pictures when it's done [emoji106]. Sprayed the rear calipers gloss black when I fitted the ST disc brakes on. Haven't done the front calipers yet. 

Order has been restored...

b81cc9536a2a8c783760ff925f21fd1c.jpg&key=6dffb9c0ae0c0fe0d9dc2acb6e095296596f8a1d900db2110d012ecb8f0cda86

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

My Viofo A129 cameras, the hardwire kit, the BT button and the hardwire kit arrived today. I didn't realise how small the cameras were. Had a quick play around and the quality of the video looks good and I've updated the firmware. 
Fitting will probably be done on Friday when my nephew is off work to help me (can probably fit the sub in the boot at the same time if that still works). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Tbh it's still a scam that 5 flower stems cost a tenner the rest of the year! :laugh: 

I'm really not a fan of cut flowers at all...it feels like buying someone a pet, but killing it first so it just slowly decays in their home for the next fortnight.  Dropping mess on the floor, staining the carpet and smelling like a stagnant pond...  On top of that, you can't buy these all natural, totally biodegradable gifts without them being wrapped in plastic film! 😒 :sad: 

Could just grow them in the garden. Seeds I don't think are expensive. Actually could be a good business idea as you only need to water them 😂😀

• Like 2

Made a good mother's day breakfast 💐🌸🍳

DSC_0087.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Could just grow them in the garden. Seeds I don't think are expensive. Actually could be a good business idea as you only need to water them 😂😀

I wish I had a garden. :sad:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lenny said:

Its mother's day 

Just saying if anyone forgot like I almost did,

Thankfully the clocks went forward last night meaning the wife has only out of bed now;

I've made it to Tesco at 8am before she got out of bed 😀 win/win 

Lol 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zain611 said:

Made a good mother's day breakfast 💐🌸🍳

DSC_0087.JPG

For yourself? 

Save your mum making it for you? 

😅 just having a laugh mate, I'd be delighted with that myself looks excellent 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I wish I had a garden. :sad:

I don't 

Engine blown in my Honda today cant cut the grass although it was painting me to try

Three back fires then smoke from exhaust and the induction filter 😀

15 hours ago, zain611 said:

Yeah funnily enough yesterday from coming home from grans at 10pm my mum said she wants to go tescos quickly to get flowers for her mum. At that time there were still people around looking for mothers day gifts. Luckily my sister got some stuff a week before for us to give to mum so saved me the hassle however I did see some nice roses there. 

Thank god for sisters hey

• Like 1

Just watched the whole series of Bodyguard on Netflix, absolutely ***** totally awesome, stunning

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lenny said:

I don't 

Engine blown in my Honda today cant cut the grass although it was painting me to try

Three back fires then smoke from exhaust and the induction filter 😀

How old is the mower?  Back at my last house I had a 4th hand mower (now 5th hand!) at least 10 years old when I was given it and that was 8 years ago now.  Never serviced it, just blew out the air filter and gave it a dose of brake cleaner to get it going at the start of each year.  Left it when I moved out and the new owner tried to run it on diesel... :rolleyes:  Cleaned it out, fresh petrol and it still runs now...  Those Honda's really are reliable! :laugh: 

I do miss having a garden though, having my own 'safe' hidden space to potter about for free whenever I felt too unwell to venture past the gate...  Now I'm just stuck indoors on days like that. :sad:  I looked at renting an allotment but even the closest ones were too far away and too busy for what I need.

5 hours ago, wilto said:

Just watched the whole series of Bodyguard on Netflix, absolutely ***** totally awesome, stunning

Great drama that is. Not much programmes or films get my attention. I was using my cousins account who was using his friends account but since he changed the password he has been quiet not giving the password to my cousin so haven't been on there for a while. Have amazon prime though. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

How old is the mower?  Back at my last house I had a 4th hand mower (now 5th hand!) at least 10 years old when I was given it and that was 8 years ago now.  Never serviced it, just blew out the air filter and gave it a dose of brake cleaner to get it going at the start of each year.  Left it when I moved out and the new owner tried to run it on diesel... :rolleyes:  Cleaned it out, fresh petrol and it still runs now...  Those Honda's really are reliable! :laugh: 

I do miss having a garden though, having my own 'safe' hidden space to potter about for free whenever I felt too unwell to venture past the gate...  Now I'm just stuck indoors on days like that. :sad:  I looked at renting an allotment but even the closest ones were too far away and too busy for what I need.

Sorry to read that mate I understand how rewarding and peaceful the garden can be; my mother used to have me out working the garden every summer when I was a kid they had an acre of gardens to maintain with flower beds and a pond,

Used to fish swollen rats out of the pond as they would dive in there having eaten a load of rat poison then they would swell like the kid in Charlie & chocolate factory 😀

Now my own grass area is only 42ft long x 18ft wide, the other half I'd the same size but is done in flag stones.

The mower is twelve years old this year; first thing I bought when we moved in as the Honda was what I used as a kid and it looks the same as the ones I used when I was twelve myself ☺

Being a Honda though; its rude not to modify 😅 I've shortened the throttle cable so it revs a little higher and removed the air filter four years ago because it needed replacement but I didn't have one, also put some Redex in the petrol last year to clean it out, I've changed the oil once but not changed the spark plug, it's only ever cut the 42ft long x 18ft wide area and never been anywhere else, all my tools are stored in the attic now and I've got symptoms of a hernia since last Wednesday so I'm not fit to get up there to retrieve a socket to take out the spark plug and check it, I'm going to the doctor tomorrow; like a funny bone pain in my right testis with a lump on top.

Anyways more garden related news here and more for the "Things I don't like" thread but since your interested in gardening I'll share it here: 

The evergreen tree in the front garden had turned brown since the shortage of water last year and I was hoping it would turn green again because it provided some privacy between us and neighbor's next door,

20180114_184618.jpg.390165cb147a496b175793f21e032fd8_zpseyvzkp0k.thumb.jpg.1679e5dd165314808490a1fea9ebf6ed.jpg

The wife has been at me since Christmas to take it out, so yesterday being mother's day; she wanted it cut, although she did help me alot with doing it as I'm in pain with the groin 

All I had to do was kneel down and cut with the hand saw; she done the sweeping up, 

20190401_073801.thumb.jpg.d06af86cec5bed8cc2967dd264559bea.jpg

Looks bare now and it will take some time for the neighbouring tree to fill out on the blank side; 

20190401_073810.thumb.jpg.867e4167250e4f77f1f845c65d3d3bdb.jpg

The large trunk is going to make it difficult to plant anything in its place; but I will try to plant another tree of the same design next to the stump, 

20190401_074232.thumb.jpg.e5e3a098e11fdd0e03d14051962a214b.jpg

I stripped the branches from the main stem, plan to dispose of that in the compost bin as space becomes available; the birds are also picking out of it to help make there nests; feel like it's a box of clothes hangers outside a clothes shop "free to take" 😅

Speaking of birds nests; we found one built in the neighbouring tree after we feld down the dead one; 

Doesn't look to be occupied anymore but still amazing to see they were happy in our front garden; looks to be indentations caused by three little eggs, we made sure not to touch it or anywhere near incase our scent would upset the birds from coming back to it.

20190331_143954.thumb.jpg.0abfe2984cfbbf25669c17dbdded4633.jpg

20190331_143941.thumb.jpg.d53edb734888aa42a8b6fabcf929bd67.jpg

20190331_143945.thumb.jpg.eab2db9a5fe3ce935a59f39e4f966756.jpg

Finally then I chopped up the main section of the tree to be used for fire wood which I will pass on to a work colleague later today because we don't have a fire in our home.

20190401_073726.thumb.jpg.139c77a39b2b1ef2b9ccbd76dc8ba9e8.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Great drama that is. Not much programmes or films get my attention. I was using my cousins account who was using his friends account but since he changed the password he has been quiet not giving the password to my cousin so haven't been on there for a while. Have amazon prime though. 

Same here; I've been only using prime recently, I used to have both prime & Netflix but I saw all I wanted to watch on Netflix do decided not to continue payment, 

Prime is getting boring now too but the GrandTour and priority shipping is worth keeping it going.

• Like 1

Fitted the dashcams (Viofo A129's) this morning (currently wired through 12 socket/cig lighter) and then took the car out for a good run to test the cameras. 
The quality of the video footage is great and the microphone is sensitive (must remember to turn down music). 
Just got to hardwire it now and do a few minor tweaks and then they're good to go. 
I have to say that they are really small and not obtrusive at all and for the price they are a great buy (especially if you can get them on lightning deals from Amazon). 

• Like 1

Off work now until Monday 🤗

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lenny said:

Off work now until Monday 🤗

happy days 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

happy days 🙂

Been to the Doctor,

Hes given me anti inflammatory tablets says me sperm tube is blocked creating the grape sized bulge in the pipe which is then pressing on my testis,

Problem is; the pipes were cut two years ago, so hes given a week to see it goes down; if it don't then take things further 

• Like 2

I do like successfully using the BPme app this morning.  That's one less awkward human interaction I have to go through! :laugh: 

Worked perfectly, quick & easy, used less than 1MB of data.  Feels weird driving off without physically paying though lol.  Now just waiting to see how long it takes the payment to go through.  Seems to be some confusion online as to whether a second payment is taken from the account and then the authorisation payment returned, or if they just take the payment out of the original auth payment as I'd expect.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Been to the Doctor,

Hes given me anti inflammatory tablets says me sperm tube is blocked creating the grape sized bulge in the pipe which is then pressing on my testis,

Problem is; the pipes were cut two years ago, so hes given a week to see it goes down; if it don't then take things further 

Iam sure you will be ok mate 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

Iam sure you will be ok mate 👍

Only hurt for a few days after the vasectomy they said,

Easier for you to get don't that the woman they said, 

😃

No mention about possible blockages or the pain I'm in now they said.. 

Just along as it doesn't back fire and burst a hole in me sack 😯😲😅

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like successfully using the BPme app this morning.  That's one less awkward human interaction I have to go through! :laugh: 

Worked perfectly, quick & easy, used less than 1MB of data.  Feels weird driving off without physically paying though lol.  Now just waiting to see how long it takes the payment to go through.  Seems to be some confusion online as to whether a second payment is taken from the account and then the authorisation payment returned, or if they just take the payment out of the original auth payment as I'd expect.  

The way it works over here is they take €1 from your card to test the account is active, then you fill as much as you can hold,

They then refund the €1 and charge you for what you have filled.

It's great for fuelling up when your broke before payday as the rising fuel costs will cancel out the overdraft fee when the pay packet hits the bank account 

giphy.thumb.gif.e08dabf01597891da2cce9ebbd9e1627.gif

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club