Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

30 minutes ago, Lenny said:

The way it works over here is they take €1 from your card to test the account is active, then you fill as much as you can hold,

They then refund the €1 and charge you for what you have filled.

It's great for fuelling up when your broke before payday as the rising fuel costs will cancel out the overdraft fee when the pay packet hits the bank account 

giphy.thumb.gif.e08dabf01597891da2cce9ebbd9e1627.gif

Over here they take more than the full amount first...we're an untrustworthy bunch I guess! :laugh:

You choose your amount up to £100 and they take that, then the pump unlocks.  You fill up, check it's processed and drive off.  

But after this I'm not sure what happens.  I chose £75 as I know I can't get more than £70 in the tank.  It actually cost £67.97.  Currently my account shows £75 down.  Now I don't know whether they'll just refund the £7.03 in the next couple of days.  OR if they'll take the full £67.97 as a separate transaction, and then return the £75 authorisation fee afterwards. (Meaning you'd need double the amount for a day or two).  As I say, there seem to be lots of complaints online about how long they hold the authorisation payment and what actually happens with it, the BP website isn't clear either.  I've waited until I'd covered all the bills before trying it so it doesn't matter what happens this time, but I want to know for future use.

On an unrelated note, I've just been Googling how vasectomies actually work...  I wrongly assumed they stopped sperm production.  Didn't realise they just block the pipes and recirculate it back through the body...  :unsure: I'm sure you'll be fine though, hopefully the meds work! :smile:

• Like 1

@TomsFocus Same here. Even though I'm doing a medical related degree I don't think I've heard that word once 😂

• Haha 1

I do like getting our 'toy' money for the holiday 😎

IMG_20190403_200138832.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

I do like getting our 'toy' money for the holiday 😎

IMG_20190403_200138832.jpg

Get it while its going cheap ☺

I'd spend that a in a week in Aldi

Wife has me spending €680 on a meal for her family on Friday for our daughters confirmation; 17 people 15 of them her family members i'm going to drop them off and go burger king save myself €30 

• Like 1

€500 in a week? In Aldi? You buy the whole shop? 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Turvey said:

€500 in a week? In Aldi? You buy the whole shop? 😀

Wifes notorious for the Thursday specialbuys 😂mitre saw, power washer, pedestal drill, Generator, Grinder, welder, etc 

Theres only €115 on the table there we spend €90 in aldi and €15 in local butchers 

Yeah, it does look a bit short right enough 😁 there is more than it looks there, I just didn't fan it out 😁

We're going to Cyprus, we've got a friend who owns an apartment there and has been on at us to go. We've spoken about it for years and now we're in a position to be able to afford to go there (it's costing nearly as much to get to Glasgow as it is to get from Glasgow to Paphos!) Here's the apartment http://paphosapartmentrental.com/index.html 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Yeah, it does look a bit short right enough 😁 there is more than it looks there, I just didn't fan it out 😁

We're going to Cyprus, we've got a friend who owns an apartment there and has been on at us to go. We've spoken about it for years and now we're in a position to be able to afford to go there (it's costing nearly as much to get to Glasgow as it is to get from Glasgow to Paphos!) Here's the apartment http://paphosapartmentrental.com/index.html 

Looks fantastic mate,

I've never been on a plane in my life so I cant comment on Cyprus or compare to anything since I haven't been out of Ireland; portrush was as foreign as I've been really 😂

Everyone stopped and looked at me from the feet upwards when they heard my southern accent up there😂

Hope you have a great time mate 

• Like 1

Cheers mate, it's only the third time we've been abroad so still a bit of a novelty to us. Last time we were foreign was 2011 so about time we went away again 😉 we do fly a couple of times a year though, usually down to Glasgow or Edinburgh for a gig. 🤘

How's the ball ache? 🤔

• Like 1

Strangely...my local Vauxhall Dealer...

Had an error flash up on the van - check anti-pollution system.  So called into the dealer on my way past (about 10 minutes before closing).  They apologised profusely that they couldn't do anything there & then - booked me in for the next earliest slot...which was yesterday.

Dropped the van in about 8.15 - asked them to get it back to me ASAP. Lady on the desk said she would try for early afternoon - but seeing as they had at least a dozen vehicles arrive that morning, I wasn't hopeful.

12.07 and my phone rings...ready to be collected - NOX sensor 2 replaced. 

I do like that holiday mode has been activated 😎

IMG_20190405_161200622.jpg

• Like 3

Finally able to clean the car

DSC_0094.JPG

DSC_0095.JPG

DSC_0101.JPG

_20190405_221906.JPG

_20190405_222102.JPG

_20190405_222225.JPG

_20190405_222322.JPG

_20190405_222408.JPG

_20190405_222521.JPG

DSC_0106.JPG

• Like 4

On 4/2/2019 at 2:33 PM, Lenny said:

The way it works over here is they take €1 from your card to test the account is active, then you fill as much as you can hold,

They then refund the €1 and charge you for what you have filled

Seems a bit daft to do it that way (from BP's perspective, people being unable to pay), unless they do differently for debit/credit cards. Authorising £100 on a debit card means they'll definitely get their money, but if you only fill up with £10 fuel, depending on how quickly the cogs turn you may be without the £90 for anywhere up to a week! Had a spat with McDonalds after their app broke, and authorised 5x £20 orders - luckily onto my credit card. If it was my debit card, I would have hit the roof!

I do like I finally had my leaky wheel repaired. Tyre shop cleaned off the alloy and put some bead sealer on for good measure. Luckily the tyre hadn't been damaged (and the deflation detection system works!)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zain611 said:

Finally able to clean the car

DSC_0094.JPG

DSC_0095.JPG

DSC_0101.JPG

_20190405_221906.JPG

_20190405_222102.JPG

_20190405_222225.JPG

_20190405_222322.JPG

_20190405_222408.JPG

_20190405_222521.JPG

DSC_0106.JPG

looks very smart 👍

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Micro said:

Seems a bit daft to do it that way (from BP's perspective, people being unable to pay), unless they do differently for debit/credit cards. Authorising £100 on a debit card means they'll definitely get their money, but if you only fill up with £10 fuel, depending on how quickly the cogs turn you may be without the £90 for anywhere up to a week! 

Can now confirm the BP app does work as expected...the authorisation payment just changes to the actual payment (although it did take 3 days!), no second payment before an authorisation refund so I don't really understand what other people were complaining about! :unsure: 

With the BP app, you can choose your fill amount.  It only defaults to £100 if you just mash 'full tank'  instead of selecting an amount.  Even if you want a full tank, as long as you know the size of the tank and the cost of the fuel you can work out your own 'full tank' easily anyway...  Mine is never more than £70, but reading that the pump cuts off up to £1.50 early to avoid going over your prepaid limit, I put £75.  So I was only without £8 for 3 days...not exactly a major issue! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

looks very smart 👍

Thanks dez 👍. I've just woke up and can feel my back and left leg ache so probably will be a annoying day. My local detail shop is having an open day next Saturday so might go there. My finishing spray finished and I use that to remove the water spots so had some water spots left which I just sealed and waxed over. Had some streak marks also sadly. 

I don't like my shower head exploding this morning...  Had a terrible night last night, max 2 hours sleep, so just wanted a nice shower this morning. 😒

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy a replacement?  Needs to be suitable for Mira thermostatic showers so proper cheap probably won't cut it.  I'll check Home Bargains later as I'm sure they do them but not listed on the website.  Anywhere else worth trying?

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like my shower head exploding this morning...  Had a terrible night last night, max 2 hours sleep, so just wanted a nice shower this morning. 😒

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy a replacement?  Needs to be suitable for Mira thermostatic showers so proper cheap probably won't cut it.  I'll check Home Bargains later as I'm sure they do them but not listed on the website.  Anywhere else worth trying?

You sure it wasn't due to limescale buildup? 

8 minutes ago, zain611 said:

You sure it wasn't due to limescale buildup? 

Yeah it will have been limescale, they're impossible to descale inside though.  It's been broken for a few weeks now, haven't been able to adjust the spray and its been stuck between 2 different 'modes' which was annoying.  But today the whole face just blew off, the screw threads that hold it together ripped out! 😮 

I like my new CCTV system off amazon,the ANNKE 1080p with upto 4 cameras (i have 2) and does it to 2k resolution so picture is amazing,even zoom in and read car plates.

1 Tig HDD with the new long play thing so makes it into a 2Tig and says 18 days recording left,on a loop record 24/7 so not bad for 2 x 2K recording (bit sharper than 1080p.)

• Like 2

I don't like my shower head exploding this morning...  Had a terrible night last night, max 2 hours sleep, so just wanted a nice shower this morning. [emoji19]
B&Q do a full range of Mira compatible heads (I have a Thermostatic system myself).
They aren't inexpensive but a multi setting type is best.
To remove limescale just leave the head soaking in a tub of white vinegar or proper limescale remover.
I recommend you regularly remove and clean off the scale filter inside the unit as well.
Undo large nut lower right side inside the casing and the plastic mesh filter pulls then and soak like the head and scrub with an old toothbrush.
Be sure to turn water off first unless you like a flood and don't be too rough with the filter or you will push the mesh off the cylinder.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I like my new CCTV system off Amazon,the ANNKE 1080p with upto 4 cameras (i have 2) and does it to 2k resolution so picture is amazing,even zoom in and read car plates.

1 Tig HDD with the new long play thing so makes it into a 2Tig and says 18 days recording left,on a loop record 24/7 so not bad for 2 x 2K recording (bit sharper than 1080p.)

Link for interest? 

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

To take Clive's suggestion a step further - boil the shower head in white vinegar.  Stinks to high-heaven, but it'll get rid of the limescale in minutes.

Similar trick works with kettles.  Even if you have half the white cliffs of Dover in your kettle, couple of boils with white vinegar and it'll be like brand new

• Like 2

I do like seeing an Airstream in the flesh 😎

Ok, it looks fairly new but still pretty cool. Apparently going out to one of the islands as accommodation while the owners build a new house. 

IMG_20190401_091355163.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club