Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

They were only 1MB as well...  And could save several different games on them! :laugh:  Had to upgrade to a massive 8MB card when I got the PS2!

Now I have an Xbox One with a 500,000MB hard drive and can only save 3 games on it... :unsure: 

Just shows how much space these new games take now. I think my dad bought either a 1 or 2TB hard drive and the games I have I think took up around 500,000 mb

• Like 1

I've put a 250G Samsung 860 Evo solid state in my PS4 makes is almost silent and loads faster, but I only play Fallout 4 or GTA5 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Just shows how much space these new games take now. I think my dad bought either a 1 or 2TB hard drive and the games I have I think took up around 500,000 mb

Yeah, the problem is most of the game is saved on there now, unlike the old PS1/2 where the game was fully on the disc so you just saved game progress on the memory cards.  When I bought the Xbox One I didn't know about this so assumed the 500GB to be more than enough.  If I ever have to replace it I'll definitely get one with a larger hard drive next time.

• Like 1

Another car spotted, this time in the M40. Morgan 3 Wheeler!

8CF6C289-2589-4736-A267-A9BACEE63C46.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After the success with the BP app a couple of weeks back, I decided to try the new Sainsburys SmartShop handheld scanner today...and I must admit it works pretty well!  :smile:  Might try the Tesco version next time...  I really am getting down with all this new fangled technology lately. :wink: 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

After the success with the BP app a couple of weeks back, I decided to try the new Sainsburys SmartShop handheld scanner today...and I must admit it works pretty well!  :smile:  Might try the Tesco version next time...  I really am getting down with all this new fangled technology lately. :wink: 

They work even better when you only scan every other item going into the trolley! 😮😂

I couldn't do it but I'm sure thousands do!

• Haha 1

I do like this Nissan X-Trail 1.6 turbo petrol. I was looking for a Mondeo Titanium estate 1.5/2.0 petrol with X-pack, bodykit and 19's for my next car but I like a lot of the SUV's that are around now. Won't be changing til January ideally but I can't help a bit of window shopping to decide what to get.

Screenshot_20190415-123717_Gallery.thumb.jpg.bfcde2d213006634e0301fa5b67890c4.jpgScreenshot_20190414-180112_Gallery.thumb.jpg.c9c125886e7092de831614fe1462464c.jpg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

use them all the time tell you what your spending Tesco 😊

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WES180 said:

They work even better when you only scan every other item going into the trolley! 😮😂

I couldn't do it but I'm sure thousands do!

They do 'random' rescans to make sure people aren't nicking stuff...  I reckon shifty people get targeted for the rescans which is the main reason I haven't wanted to use them so far...  :laugh: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

They do 'random' rescans to make sure people aren't nicking stuff...  I reckon shifty people get targeted for the rescans which is the main reason I haven't wanted to use them so far...  :laugh: 

Well with me being an upstanding pillar of the community i might give it a go then! 🤣

• Haha 1

they scan some of the shopping sometimes and all of it at times nothing to worry about if you use them to scan every thing

• Like 1

Do like seeing this today just when I went to put diesel in. Looks like a run of apache helicoptersDSC_0125.thumb.JPG.13acfd869f428bd3542dcd063abc5475.JPG_20190415_135717.thumb.JPG.77115e2af14f81ae4349e36bdf553656.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WES180 said:

I do like this Nissan X-Trail 1.6 turbo petrol. I was looking for a Mondeo Titanium estate 1.5/2.0 petrol with X-pack, bodykit and 19's for my next car but I like a lot of the SUV's that are around now. Won't be changing til January ideally but I can't help a bit of window shopping to decide what to get.

Screenshot_20190415-123717_Gallery.thumb.jpg.bfcde2d213006634e0301fa5b67890c4.jpgScreenshot_20190414-180112_Gallery.thumb.jpg.c9c125886e7092de831614fe1462464c.jpg

Gutted, I thought sod it, I will change my car now instead, rang the X-Trail garage and it was sold yesterday!!!

Having a bit of trouble pricing mine to sell. The prices vary so much for my model, 2012 Focus Zetec S 1.6 SCTi 182ps, 46k, full history, Appearance pack 2, clean car, unmarked 18's. What do you all reckon it's worth?

media.jpeg.c52599d30fee71d8218452b2add9b248.jpeg

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

Do like seeing this today just when I went to put diesel in. Looks like a run of apache helicoptersDSC_0125.thumb.JPG.13acfd869f428bd3542dcd063abc5475.JPG_20190415_135717.thumb.JPG.77115e2af14f81ae4349e36bdf553656.JPG

You know your helicopters! :biggrin:

Just seen them on Look East, they flew from RAF Wattisham to Estonia today to be used as a 'deterent'.  I guess you get a different regional programme though, Look London or Look Central maybe?

4 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Having a bit of trouble pricing mine to sell. The prices vary so much for my model, 2012 Focus Zetec S 1.6 SCTi 182ps, 46k, full history, Appearance pack 2, clean car, unmarked 18's. What do you all reckon it's worth?

media.jpeg.c52599d30fee71d8218452b2add9b248.jpeg

Valuations always upset people... :unsure: :laugh:

I'd say around £5k though, the mileage is definitely in your favour.  Have you tried Autotraders valuation?  I find they're usually a bit high for private sake but gives you a rough idea.  Alternatively look at somewhere like Wizzle or Motorway.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Valuations always upset people... :unsure: :laugh:

I'd say around £5k though, the mileage is definitely in your favour.  Have you tried Autotraders valuation?  I find they're usually a bit high for private sake but gives you a rough idea.  Alternatively look at somewhere like Wizzle or Motorway.

Lol, I can get £5500 px so a private sale would be more but how much more has got me a bit stumped!

I think maybe £6000 is a good price without being greedy. They are quite rare now.

5 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Lol, I can get £5500 px so a private sale would be more but how much more has got me a bit stumped!

Go with the PX if you've been offered that much!!  I've sold 2 Mk3 PFL's under 50k miles in the last year and found no one wanted them tbh.  One 1.6TDCi Titanium went for £5300.  And a 1.0EB Titanium for £4500.  

Just for reference, my 2012 2.0TDI Golf Match (Titanium equivalent) is only worth £2500 in PX...  Admittedly it does have twice the mileage, but even so...

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Go with the PX if you've been offered that much!!  I've sold 2 Mk3s under 50k in the last year and found no one wanted them tbh.  One 1.6TDCi Titanium for £5300.  And a 1.0EB Titanium for £4500.  

Yes, but mine is a Zetec S 182 😋, have a Google, theres not many for sale and the ones that are out there really vary in price. I think they are targeting the boy racer market as they are more affordable to buy and insure than an ST.

1 minute ago, WES180 said:

Yes, but mine is a Zetec S 182 😋, have a Google, theres not many for sale and the ones that are out there really vary in price.

There's loads for sale on the Mk3 Zetec S Facebook group. :wink:

One even has a really rare full red leather interior!! 😮

I never understood the fascination with the ZS myself though, Titanium all the way for me, cruise, climate, auto lights and wipers etc... :biggrin:

• Haha 1

I didn't even know there was a group lol

I think you're just old before your time Tom or I'm just an old boy racer! 😂

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Yes, but mine is a Zetec S 182 😋, have a Google, theres not many for sale and the ones that are out there really vary in price. I think they are targeting the boy racer market as they are more affordable to buy and insure than an ST.

That's why I got my zetec s 😂. The mk6 zetec s are rare plus the optional extras on mine probably now make it a one of a kind. Never seen a mk6 zetec s with a red dashboard on the road. 

DSC_0106.JPG

• Like 2

17 hours ago, WES180 said:

I didn't even know there was a group lol

I think you're just old before your time Tom or I'm just an old boy racer! 😂

I'm gonna say it's a bit of both... :laugh: 

I bought my first diesel hatch at 19 and used it to tow a trailer.  First diesel estate aged 20.  First diesel saloon aged 21.  :wheelchair:  I then had a midlife crisis during my early 20's and bought a couple of GTi6s, a Fiesta ST150 and an A3 Sport as weekend cars...  :laugh:   So where next?  A mini MPV maybe?  Fiesta Active?  BMax?  :lol: 

Don't get me wrong, I do like the exterior of the ZS, but don't understand why that means you should have to put up with an ugly dash, horrible seats and no electrics inside where you spend all of your driving time...it seems like a spec that has been designed for people that are only ever outside of their car looking at it.  For me, a much better option would to buy a Titanium X for all the toys (spec the App pack 2 on it ofc)  then chuck the ZS bumpers and skirts on it...  Can also chuck a set of Eibachs on if you want to make it a little less comfortable. :biggrin: 

Admittedly a lot of my 'preferences' have been forced by the need for practicality, a very smooth ride and super low running costs...  I don't even drive hard anymore, I feel like I drive quite hard...until I try to convoy with old car mates and realise I can't keep up for more than a couple of minutes without feeling really nauseous...and getting depressed at the MPG readout. :laugh:  Currently having to make a tank of fuel last 6-8 weeks as well.  I'm getting the itch for an interesting car again now though, happens every spring just before show season...  I've been really tempted by a Scirocco...they do them with the same engine as my Golf so running costs would be the same...and they have adjustable suspension so I thought they might remain comfortable even on the standard 18s in comfort mode...but apparently they're still bumpier than the Golf despite the comfort mode so have gone off the idea now. :sad:   Probably for the best anyway...

• Like 2

Yeah Tom, to be honest I would prefer a Zetec S exterior with a Titanium interior, best of both worlds then. That's basically how the Mondeos are that I was thinking of, Titanium X pack with 19's and bodykit.

I've scoured the net and can't find another X-Trail the same spec and price as the one I pictured above, typical, get finances sorted and then can't find a car!

• Like 1

I do like that Ford replaced the worn leather on the drivers seat under warranty today :thumbsup:

Interestingly, the half-leather on the ST-2 and ST-3 is actually a set of covers that fit over the seat and can be replaced! Which begs the question, what's underneath? Is it a half-leather cover over the standard ST-1 Recaro seats? Does anyone know?

• Like 1

I do like that Ford replaced the worn leather on the drivers seat under warranty today [emoji106]

Interestingly, the half-leather on the ST-2 and ST-3 is actually a set of covers that fit over the seat and can be replaced! Which begs the question, what's underneath? Is it a half-leather cover over the standard ST-1 Recaro seats? Does anyone know?

I think I'll find time over the Easter weekend to give both seats the full Gtechniq treatment too.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

I think I'll find time over the Easter weekend to give both seats the full Gtechniq treatment too.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Best to seal that new leather in 👍. Happy the previous owners of my car took care of the leather. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club