Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

49 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Best to seal that new leather in 👍. Happy the previous owners of my car took care of the leather. 

Dont forget to thank the farmers aswell whom looked after the the cattle before they became a seat in your car 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Dont forget to thank the farmers aswell whom looked after the the cattle before they became a seat in your car 😃

And the cows! 🐄

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TimST2 said:

And the cows! 🐄

Can imagine the cows exfoliating every night, 😂

s-l640.thumb.jpg.6d67825439c3ae55916c23d3080db09e.jpg

• Like 1

Happy the previous owners of my car took care of the leather. 

I'm not sure that the original owner didn't. The wear was just where your belt sits (and I'm an average height and weight man). I had a look at another ST (identical to mine but a year newer) that parks at my daughter's school and that had wear in the same place. I'm trying to think how to avoid it now I have a new seat...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

The wear was just where your belt sits (and I'm an average height and weight man). I had a look at another ST (identical to mine but a year newer) that parks at my daughter's school and that had wear in the same place. I'm trying to think how to avoid it now I have a new seat...

Drive naked! No belt chaffing, just be careful when the sun's out and the seats hot 😮

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our kids got creative with some beach stones yesterday; my favourite is the rock concert 😂20190418_090413.thumb.jpg.d56ec238ab40dd50e46044af5c11d991.jpg

I also like finally getting back to doing some home improvements, I've not gotten near the house since before Christmas due to family events needing to be paid for; but now there all of of the way; I'll be replacing the floor in the kids bedroom aswell as fitting a new bunk bed and wardrobe, across the next three weeks and I'll update the relevant thread those interested.

• Like 2

Lol I just had the weirdest dream. Dreamed that @TomsFocus @Zico and @Lenny (my interpretation of you guys 😂) came to my house in a old style Ford only found in America to my house. I went with them to some place and worried that I hadn't had breakfast yet and my mum getting angry I went out without eating. I remember asking Lenny can we get all lunch 😂

• Haha 3

Drive naked! No belt chaffing, just be careful when the sun's out and the seats hot [emoji50]

Ah - half leather remember so the bit in contact with your backside wouldn't get that hot...

Seriously though, are other Mk7 ST-2 and ST-3 owners seeing wear on the edge of the leather? My car only had 9k miles on the clock when I bought it which isn't a long time for it to develop. The other ST I referred to looked mint too so I doubt it had done many miles either.

2 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Ah - half leather remember so the bit in contact with your backside wouldn't get that hot...

Seriously though, are other Mk7 ST-2 and ST-3 owners seeing wear on the edge of the leather? My car only had 9k miles on the clock when I bought it which isn't a long time for it to develop. The other ST I referred to looked mint too so I doubt it had done many miles either.

I think it comes down how the owner took care when getting in and out the car. With me I don't really sit on the leather bits of my seats as I'm not very wide 😂. Yeah there's slight wear on the side where the seat belt and strap make contact. I do find the leather cleaner helps with the front facing leather especially with the drivers one which goes shiny. 

15 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I do like that Ford replaced the worn leather on the drivers seat under warranty today :thumbsup:

Interestingly, the half-leather on the ST-2 and ST-3 is actually a set of covers that fit over the seat and can be replaced! Which begs the question, what's underneath? Is it a half-leather cover over the standard ST-1 Recaro seats? Does anyone know?

Car seat fabric is always a cover.  It's just foam underneath (like a car sponge), there's not another cloth cover under there.  I've replaced a few myself over the years, they're usually held on with hog rings like staples in the hidden parts of the seat.

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I'm not sure that the original owner didn't. The wear was just where your belt sits (and I'm an average height and weight man). I had a look at another ST (identical to mine but a year newer) that parks at my daughter's school and that had wear in the same place. I'm trying to think how to avoid it now I have a new seat...

It's because it's a 3 door car.  The belt sits across the edge of the seat because the B pillar is so far back.  The only way to avoid this is to either grow longer legs and move the seat back, or put on so much weight your chest holds the belt off of the bolster...  Not sure either of those is practical though!!  :laugh:  Keeping the bolster soft and supple with leather conditioner is probably the best compromise. 

16 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Lol I just had the weirdest dream. Dreamed that @TomsFocus @Zico and @Lenny (my interpretation of you guys 😂) came to my house in a old style Ford only found in America to my house. I went with them to some place and worried that I hadn't had breakfast yet and my mum getting angry I went out without eating. I remember asking Lenny can we get all lunch 😂

I'm interested in your interpretation of us now... :laugh:   I'm glad it's not just me that has weird dreams though...lately I keep dreaming that I've lost my shoes in random places like Tesco and a village hall...  I only realise once I'm outside and then can't find them...  I have no idea what that's supposed to mean!!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Car seat fabric is always a cover.  It's just foam underneath (like a car sponge), there's not another cloth cover under there.  I've replaced a few myself over the years, they're usually held on with hog rings like staples in the hidden parts of the seat.

It's because it's a 3 door car.  The belt sits across the edge of the seat because the B pillar is so far back.  The only way to avoid this is to either grow longer legs and move the seat back, or put on so much weight your chest holds the belt off of the bolster...  Not sure either of those is practical though!!  :laugh:  Keeping the bolster soft and supple with leather conditioner is probably the best compromise. 

I'm interested in your interpretation of us now... :laugh:   I'm glad it's not just me that has weird dreams though...lately I keep dreaming that I've lost my shoes in random places like Tesco and a village hall...  I only realise once I'm outside and then can't find them...  I have no idea what that's supposed to mean!!

The dreams which emotionally upset me is the ones where I see the girl I used to like. Uni life I don't really enjoy. Messaged my friend a few days ago asking how things are going and have no reply back 😒. Do kinda need friends in school so you have someone to ask help for. Before uni people were a lot more friendly and social. 

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, zain611 said:

Sound like my three kids in the car this morning on route to order a new floor for the two girls bedroom and they wanted to go to McDonalds aswell 

Why does everyone ask me for food 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

The dreams which emotionally upset me is the ones where I see the girl I used to like. Uni life I don't really enjoy. Messaged my friend a few days ago asking how things are going and have no reply back 😒. Do kinda need friends in school so you have someone to ask help for. Before uni people were a lot more friendly and social. 

Mobile phones and internet services are destroying physical interaction and the art of communication; breaking down society 

Even electronic payslip allows room for a two tier pay grade system among workers as each logs in to view rather than all opening a sheet of paper simultaneously 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Sound like my three kids in the car this morning on route to order a new floor for the two girls bedroom and they wanted to go to McDonalds aswell 

Why does everyone ask me for food 😂

Lol 😊

• Like 2

I do like Shopping around for the bargains and saving a few quid aswell as some time today, 

20190418_141223.thumb.jpg.219c9a4b9e9196c6dd0cea096d1433b6.jpg

Managed to purchase Unibond White Tec expanding foam locally for €8 per can which saved my two hours time aswell as Diesel as I didn't have to drive to B&Q then home again where its sold for €11 per can, which is still cheap compared to my nearest DIY store which is selling for €15 per can. 

Picked them up at a place much the same as poundland, 

Then purchased the Self tapping screws and Dewalt Philips heads with free drill driver for €10.50 at my nearest DIY shop, gloves then got from work for free.

Overall spend €66.50 

Plan now is to remove the existing laminate flooring from the girls bedroom tomorrow morning; then screw down the chip board floor beneath as it creaks in spots, 

I'll then fill around the floor beams and edge of neighbouring wall with the unibond foam; because it's a corresponding wall with next door neighbour and when there cooking chips we can smell the fryer in the bedroom, so theres air passing through at some point;

I suspect in around the wooden beams which support the upstairs floor, I'll seal it all tomorrow after removing the laminate in preparation for the replacement semi solid light oak, but I'm done for today off to bed now; been up since 15:00 yesterday and working last night,

Off now until Tuesday 🙆‍♂️

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

That's interesting - my only other experience of leather seats is in my Lotus. The leather is actually glued to those and when I had them re-trimmed I had to send the whole seats back to the factory.

514d6f1bffcf864755d5a74ed6cb30e4.jpg

I wonder if Ford sell the ST half-leather seat covers individually if I ever wanted to replace one in the future? I can't find them online but they clearly have a part number so you might be able to get them.

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:
It's because it's a 3 door car.  The belt sits across the edge of the seat because the B pillar is so far back.  The only way to avoid this is to either grow longer legs and move the seat back, or put on so much weight your chest holds the belt off of the bolster...  Not sure either of those is practical though!!  [emoji23]  Keeping the bolster soft and supple with leather conditioner is probably the best compromise.

I should have been more specific - I was talking about the belt on your trousers, not the seat belt.

• Like 1

I do like that it's now a 4-day weekend :thumbup:

I haven't had a day off since Christmas.

• Like 3

I like getting a go in our RS today and then spotting two MK2’s last night and today 😁👍🏻.

AF600DA4-C80D-413D-BCE4-5AA0D5CC7FBF.jpeg

6D83A2C3-531C-4AA7-BB7F-6F3AEA1F2EA1.jpeg

4E01165D-57CF-4633-B6E0-B6446A5461E8.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

I do like that it's now a 4-day weekend :thumbup:

I haven't had a day off since Christmas.

and the weather is sweet :thumbsup:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lenny said:

I do like Shopping around for the bargains and saving a few quid aswell as some time today, 

20190418_141223.thumb.jpg.219c9a4b9e9196c6dd0cea096d1433b6.jpg

Managed to purchase Unibond White Tec expanding foam locally for €8 per can which saved my two hours time aswell as Diesel as I didn't have to drive to B&Q then home again where its sold for €11 per can, which is still cheap compared to my nearest DIY store which is selling for €15 per can. 

Picked them up at a place much the same as poundland, 

Then purchased the Self tapping screws and Dewalt Philips heads with free drill driver for €10.50 at my nearest DIY shop, gloves then got from work for free.

Overall spend €66.50 

Plan now is to remove the existing laminate flooring from the girls bedroom tomorrow morning; then screw down the chip board floor beneath as it creaks in spots, 

I'll then fill around the floor beams and edge of neighbouring wall with the unibond foam; because it's a corresponding wall with next door neighbour and when there cooking chips we can smell the fryer in the bedroom, so theres air passing through at some point;

I suspect in around the wooden beams which support the upstairs floor, I'll seal it all tomorrow after removing the laminate in preparation for the replacement semi solid light oak, but I'm done for today off to bed now; been up since 15:00 yesterday and working last night,

Off now until Tuesday 🙆‍♂️

that's not a bad price :thumbsup:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dezwez said:

that's not a bad price :thumbsup:

Cheers mate,

I was surprised myself to see the DeWalt Philips head box for €5.50 and the unibond WhiteTec foam is my particular favourite type because its four times thicker than regular foam meaning it dries out like polystyrene; theres no bubbles forming inside the swell meaning its consistent inside when you slice it, theres no empty gaps inside.

I've just gotta keep them cold now until I use them tomorrow; I've found from experience that theres not as much comes out if they have been stored in a warm room for even two days, they need to be kept cold for optimum output or expansion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Cheers mate,

I was surprised myself to see the DeWalt Philips head box for €5.50 and the unibond WhiteTec foam is my particular favourite type because its four times thicker than regular foam meaning it dries out like polystyrene; theres no bubbles forming inside the swell meaning its consistent inside when you slice it, theres no empty gaps inside.

I've just gotta keep them cold now until I use them tomorrow; I've found from experience that theres not as much comes out if they have been stored in a warm room for even two days, they need to be kept cold for optimum output or expansion.

put them in the fridge 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dezwez said:

put them in the fridge 😊

Kids might mistake it for whipped cream.

Also our compost bin is pay by weight; I do like having drilling a 10mm hole in the bottom let the moisture drain out👍 save a few quid as the bin trucks drain it along the road as they compress it.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, zain611 said:

As per @TomsFocus post, I'm also intrigued to hear your interpretation of us 🤔:laughing:. Oh and I also tend to skip breakfast but only ever got told off for not eating lunch when working at my dad's restaurant back in the day.

12 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Had my ST-3 for over 32,200 miles now so I can check the leather around my seat and let you know if I spot anything. It's also a pure coincidence that I bought some Auto Glym leather cleaner and balm which arrived today. There are some dirty marks along the sides of the seats which I wanted to clean while I noticed.

11 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Unfortunately I've not had a really good dream for a while now 😞. I occasionally have a dream where I'm very tiny and getting caught up in a carpet or something similar that is being rolled up. No idea what that means :crazy:.

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus funnily enough he just messaged me 😂.

Oh my gawd 🤤 @Zico

Screenshot_20190418-114015.png

Stop tempting me!! Thankfully the brake lights are still perfect from my purchase last year, even got to use the LED fog light in anger recently! I did briefly glance at the LED H7 dipped beam after I got the AB email today. The 10% Easter sale code doesn't save you much (still almost £60 with delivery) and the ash12 code is still better for 12% off.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club