Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

@Lenny I'm liking the idea of the Pax wardrobes. We've got a wardrobe sized gap in our bedroom and have wondered what to do with it. I'll have a measure and see what IKEA can come up with 🤔

• Thanks 1

I do like watching 'Line Of Duty' on catch-up and noticing that all the vehicles used by characters ie not just in the background, have false number plates all containing the letter Q. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I do like watching 'Line Of Duty' on catch-up and noticing that all the vehicles used by characters ie not just in the background, have false number plates all containing the letter Q. 

Heard that's a good program. Might look into watching it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I do like some of the comments on spoiled ballot papers from the local elections this week. In particular, one which read something like: "I'd rather pooh in my hands and clap than vote for any of the above".😀

Lol😂

• Haha 1

Heard a roaring sound, our dog doesnt like the sound , This just above my house. It's a bit low down over our town 

IMG_20190505_075530_1.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, zain611 said:

We really enjoy it. Worth watching from the first series if you can, kinda explains the characters etc 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I do like some of the comments on spoiled ballot papers from the local elections this week. In particular, one which read something like: "I'd rather pooh in my hands and clap than vote for any of the above".😀

😄 first time I ever heard that said; was a few weeks ago in the canteen in work; theres currently two lads in doing some painting in the pharmaceutical plant, one of them is unemployed on benefits and painting for cash; my mate Sean said to him; theres a job available here working shifts if your interested and it's good money,

His responded to say; he would rather in the hands and clap, 

9 hours ago, Turvey said:

@Lenny I'm liking the idea of the Pax wardrobes. We've got a wardrobe sized gap in our bedroom and have wondered what to do with it. I'll have a measure and see what IKEA can come up with 🤔

Thanks Kevin, 

There is a "PAX Planner" software which is available to download on the IKEA website to plan your wardrobe space in 3D CAD design but we dont have a computer; just Android, 

So initially we just chose one of there pre-customised wardrobe's to the width of 180cm 

Then when we went to IKEA we used one of there computers to plan the wardrobe further which I highly recommend using; heres why.

With the computer we just clicked on the door and we could change them to alternative option while it always displays the total cost of everything on screen and provides 3D visual aswell as size.

20190503_191133.thumb.jpg.eef2074ebd38fc4a07b9eae94a302643.jpg

20190505_082703.thumb.jpg.6ab3eb918a9011b0a0ba6e1e70acbe23.jpg

The wardrobe is floor to ceiling; so we picked up some fabric storage boxs which are sort of like suit cases in design; specifically sized to fit the top shelves 100cm and 70cm widths meaning theres no wasted space atall.

20190505_090925.thumb.jpg.05355d231bc83e8e08bc464a05c89338.jpg

See details below the print out even states which location on the cabinet that you need to screw in the rails and shelves to get it all fitting correctly it's great making it very easy to line up.

20190505_082716.thumb.jpg.459772349c940ff5be40c859d4ac4cc9.jpg

We swapped out some mesh drawers for wooden ones except the bottom drawer which it wouldn't allow me to change to wooden type because the door hinge would obstruct the wooden one but not the mesh one, good it alerts of that detail.

The plan when completed gives you a specific code to retrieve it later if required;

20190503_184827.thumb.jpg.3191d930cb31808bcedef2ff2ea56b64.jpg

Then when printed in IKEA it gives you all of the parts Quantity and warehouse locations 

20190505_082740.thumb.jpg.b46ee8e43c643964fa4c0f5b61d594c7.jpg

alot of thought and planning has gone in to the software for the customer I found it very clear to use, 

We also picked up a battery powered LED strip light for the top of the wardrobe automatically comes on when door is opened like a fridge, they only had one left in stock but I plan to get more smaller strips for inside the drawers; saves putting on the room light in the early hours to find socks or jocks for work.

The fit inside front of the drawer or above the hanging rail available in three different lengths 32cm, 52cm and 72cm all taking 4 x AA batteries operated by switch or sensor option.

20190505_085034.thumb.jpg.bbf13fbf592193674875443868351c73.jpg

Only problem I have now; is cutting the new skirting boards to allow the PAX wardrobe to recess to the wall 

20190505_085751.thumb.jpg.61907d820a88bc138b0466232b833172.jpg

I was at work when the floor was fitted and the wife was supposed to say to them; dont fit skirting for set measurement matching the wardrobe but she didn't want to say it to them at the time of fitting🤷‍♂️ 

I'm not keen on removing the skirting to cut it; best to remove the back one first to allow the wardrobe to go fully in; then mark out the skirting on the left side for cutting when the wardrobe is fully back on the wall, ideally use a dremel style tool to cut then pull off the waste section leaving the staying pieces untouched 😰 that's the plan anyway.

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

Must look it up too, I've not heard of it before myself.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Turvey said:

Oh no! I've watched the whole thing from Series 1 and not spotted that. Now I'll have to go through it all again to see if I've missed something else!😮

10 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol.  I must admit, I didn't understand the point of spoiling them though.  There's not the option to have no-one doing the job, so surely make a vote for the least worst one?  

Local elections are also nothing to do with Brexit which a lot of people failed to realise...it's about bin collections & green space maintenance...  

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Heard a roaring sound, our dog doesnt like the sound , This just above my house. It's a bit low down over our town 

IMG_20190505_075530_1.jpg

That's one way to avoid traffic I suppose!  Parking must be a nightmare though! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol.  I must admit, I didn't understand the point of spoiling them though.  There's not the option to have no-one doing the job, so surely make a vote for the least worst one?  

Local elections are also nothing to do with Brexit which a lot of people failed to realise...it's about bin collections & green space maintenance...  

In Australia I believe they have a system where voting is compulsory but they have a choice of "none of the above". I suppose the spoilt ballot papers are a way of saying the same thing. I usually vote for what I think is the least worst option, but fortunately my local councillor is an independent and lives just round the corner and is a decent guy who responds politely to my "Mr Angry" missives.

Our neighbour was re-elected comfortably, but there will no doubt be good local councillors who have lost out because of the "protest vote" element. I reckon the time for that is the Euro elections later in the month ( if we have to have them).

• Like 1

My new machine, them fans [emoji8][emoji108]

2955076febfcfd22f901587ee317f0fe.jpg&key=e529a9817d2cfd2de1c98bc074dbe952cc36543c7932ed2aa2e0a155d35ff444d01dac7ded9d6b954b9a6425bb81d540.jpg&key=0c3a5e44f9ee2484402ab8f64ea6e600e68c6a6d185b65039ef323808d5c49c2e22070c07b7bc88d433970a8ce76a44c.jpg&key=aea6a769147a6bda08908dc8868dfc12fad08a70f72ce31ff71e19c0d74e1465

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Turvey said:

They also seem to use the same two police cars, a Merc C or E class (I’d like to see a police force with one of them!) and a base spec Focus estate.

Was just messing around looking at insurance quotes for a 2014 audi RS6. For a 21 year old with hopefully 4 years no claims living in London I'm quoted around £5000 😭. I then said I was 26 with 9 years nc and it went down to £1600. Not too bad 😊. Hope I can afford something like this then. 

Screenshot_20190505-141603.png

• Like 1

£466 for me.lol 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Anthonybanni said:

My new machine, them fans emoji8.pngemoji108.png

engine-of-747-plane.thumb.jpg.c0296a9a4e1fb23da6896ec9f9cd07d4.jpg

The noise though 🚀

Will need bigger Speakers now to over power the fan; how much is water cooled system these days, used to be expensive from Maplin when I built a custom PC back in 2005

engine-of-747-plane.thumb.jpg.c0296a9a4e1fb23da6896ec9f9cd07d4.jpg
The noise though [emoji573]
Will need bigger speakers now to over power the fan; how much is water cooled system these days, used to be expensive from Maplin when I built a custom PC back in 2005

There not as loud as they look, I cant really here them. But there on ALL the time.

haven’t looked at water cooling yet, might be something for the future

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Anthonybanni said:

There not as loud as they look, I cant really here them. But there on ALL the time.

haven’t looked at water cooling yet, might be something for the future

Cheap as chips for a water cooled set up, Asda usually do buckets for £1.

Screenshot_20190506-075453_Gallery.thumb.jpg.d1aa6622aba90e6278fcbe6bb7b8eb87.jpg

In fact, that's cheaper than chips, they are about £1.80 a bag now!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Corsair Hydro units are pretty reasonable.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

I do like Google Photos attempt at a panorama...  I took over 100 photos of a local classic road rally yesterday and it offered me this...

Screenshot_20190505-172943.thumb.png.531f4c34b915d247e2cdae8f55f1b569.png

Always wondered what a Polo cabriolet would look like...especially if it had just been rear ended...  Technology eh... :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, iantt said:

£466 for me.lol 

I haven't even been quoted that for my fiesta 😂

• Like 1

19 hours ago, iantt said:

£466 for me.lol 

Don't rub it in!! 

I'm over £700 annually for my Passat, OK it does have 140BHP but it's hardly as if I'm going to go racing in a diesel estate!!

I do like playing some old tunes on a Kenwood HiFi system that cost over £1,500 in 1995 that I bought for £10 in 2015!

Being the same age as me I dare say it is in better working condition than I am.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like playing some old tunes on a Kenwood HiFi system that cost over £1,500 in 1995 that I bought for £10 in 2015

I'm still getting good service from a Pioneer turntable and JVC amp that I bought for my first house in 1977 - can't remember what I paid for them but I guess I've had my money's worth by now!😀 

3 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I'm still getting good service from a Pioneer turntable and JVC amp that I bought for my first house in 1977 - can't remember what I paid for them but I guess I've had my money's worth by now!😀 

You can't beat the older systems!  To think some people now are listening to music solely through their phones or an iPod I consider myself very lucky to have a "proper" system that allows me to fully appreciate music especially my vinyl.

My mum had a Sony system from the mid-80's. 

Sat virtually unused for years! Turned on again about 3 years ago - sounded awesome! (Even just regular radio).

Unfortunately, about 10 minutes later there was a fizz-crackle-pop and the distinct smell of electrical bits burning.

I suspect that the solder had dried out and was arcing...it was over 30 years old!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club