Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

47 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

There you go @zain611. Sorted it for you 😁 (1000 points).
Also, happy forum anniversary. 

Thanks nick 😊. Didn't even know myself it's now been 2 years. I remember getting my zetec s back then and upset about the previous owner. Thankfully now it's a good car. 

I do like getting a random email from Currys offering me 10% off purchases of between £100 and £2000. 
I like using the said discount on a new TV (Sony Bravia 4K UHD smart TV with Android) and also a new digital bridge camera (Sony HX400) so I can continue my pursuit of photography in my leisure. 
I also like that I helped family members out by selling them my 10 month old Sony Bravia 4K UHD smart TV at a decent price to save them some money. I set it all up for them as a demo and they were so pleased with the picture quality that they actually offered to buy it from me. As the TV is a slightly older model, it isn't as complex as my new Android one so it is easier for them to use and find things (catch up, interactive services such as BBC news etc). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I've got to the age where I'm starting to fancy a coupe over a hatch/estate... :laugh: 

Is it rude to ask what business your family is in?  They all seem to have nice cars! :biggrin: 

My Grandad was a private jet pilot back in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s with Shell. Apparently his clients included the King of Saudi Arabia and 2 British PM’s amongst others! My Dad runs his own business selling pharmaceuticals for the big manufacturers. Tbf though my Mum is a history teacher so I see that as the most respectable job but does bring it back down to earth!

• Like 1

I do like taking advantage of the nice weather by installing new Osram Night Breaker headlamps, Bosch Aero-Twin wipers (front and back) and a dash cam on the Passat!  Plus I vacuumed it out for good measure :cool:

Of course now I've done all that it will naturally break down soon as all VWs do when you show them any care and attention...

• Like 1

The satisfaction of parking on a round mileage... :laugh:

IMG_20190512_105948525.thumb.jpg.c2d77a082a8dffe402810d54b67c25e2.jpg

This is quite a good game in VWs of this era as the mileage only shows when stationary...the cruise control symbol occupies the same space on the move weirdly!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The satisfaction of parking on a round mileage... :laugh:

IMG_20190512_105948525.thumb.jpg.c2d77a082a8dffe402810d54b67c25e2.jpg

This is quite a good game in VWs of this era as the mileage only shows when stationary...the cruise control symbol occupies the same space on the move weirdly!

Oh yes that's one of my pet peeves with the Passat!  I understand that they wanted the speedometer to look "cleaner" with just MPH, but surely they could have added an extra space for the digital KM/H readout to go without overriding the odometer...

• Like 1

I wanted to get the van trip counter to 8008.5 miles.

Missed it though ☹

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

Oh yes that's one of my pet peeves with the Passat!  I understand that they wanted the speedometer to look "cleaner" with just MPH, but surely they could have added an extra space for the digital KM/H readout to go without overriding the odometer.

There's plenty of space next to the kph reading on mine...honestly can't understand why the cruise symbol couldn't be placed there! :laugh:

I do like after replacing the headlamp bulbs and topping up the screen wash I now have no warning lights illuminated on my dashboard!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

There's plenty of space next to the kph reading on mine...honestly can't understand why the cruise symbol couldn't be placed there! :laugh:

It's a VAG - nothing is done logically!!  Just like putting an electronic parking brake (stupid design anyway) on a B6 Passat when the Audi equivalent (at that time) still had a manual one. 

25 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

It's a VAG - nothing is done logically!!  Just like putting an electronic parking brake (stupid design anyway) on a B6 Passat when the Audi equivalent (at that time) still had a manual one. 

Lol, do you ever get used to that?  I'm looking at the VW CCs atm (wanted a Scirocco but the ride's too rough :sad: ) but not had an electronic handbrake before...slightly worried I'll forget to use it and find the car half a mile from where I left it!! :laugh:

A day spent outdoors as a family (park run, tennis and cycling). Kids in bed now and feet up to watch the F1 highlights :thumbsup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, do you ever get used to that?  I'm looking at the VW CCs atm (wanted a Scirocco but the ride's too rough :sad: ) but not had an electronic handbrake before...slightly worried I'll forget to use it and find the car half a mile from where I left it!! :laugh:

Do like the look of the CCs. A more sleaker looking passat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Do like the look of the CCs. A more sleaker looking passat. 

Sort of fill up your rear view mirror better than a BMW on the motorway, 

Maybe it's the chrome grill makes me want to dive out of there way I dunno 😅

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

not had an electronic handbrake before...slightly worried I'll forget to use it and find the car half a mile from where I left it!!

The one person I know who had an electronic handrake, ended up with his car in the sea!

He parked on the slipway to Studland chain ferry, got out to go to the loo or something, so the brake must have been on or it would have moved before he got out. He got back just in time to see it at the bottom of the slipway, rolling into the entrance to Poole harbour, :ohmy: Nearly new car, and a total write off after it was eventually recovered. No one seems to know what happened or why!

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/17006911.car-slips-into-water-while-waiting-for-sandbanks-ferry/

That is certainly not an item on my wish list, along with quite a few other things found on the later cars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Tdci-Peter don't these cars have a display to show when the handbrake is on? Probably wasn't good also if it was an auto

9 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

The one person I know who had an electronic handrake, ended up with his car in the sea!

He parked on the slipway to Studland chain ferry, got out to go to the loo or something, so the brake must have been on or it would have moved before he got out. He got back just in time to see it at the bottom of the slipway, rolling into the entrance to Poole harbour, :ohmy: Nearly new car, and a total write off after it was eventually recovered. No one seems to know what happened or why!

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/17006911.car-slips-into-water-while-waiting-for-sandbanks-ferry/

That is certainly not an item on my wish list, along with quite a few other things found on the later cars.

Whoops!!  😮  I don't often park on hills, but think I'll leave it in gear if I do get one tbh! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

This forecast for tomorrow's track day :)75c44a91615516022c9435a84449b2c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

don't these cars have a display to show when the handbrake is on? Probably wasn't good also if it was an auto

The friend it happened to is an experienced driver, and a competent bloke in many ways, but not great on technical details. All those lights and stuff in a modern car are a bit of a background mystery to him, like they are to a lot of people these days, I suspect.

It just serves to emphasise that when manufacturers add new automatic systems, they need to be rock solid!

I think he drives a manual car, not 100% sure. But with remote or automatic engine start becoming an option on many cars, even leaving it in gear is no 100% guarantee of safety. You will be reliant on software working properly. Ha! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Auto's have a 'Park' function which locks the gearbox, same as leaving a manual car in gear. 

However this isn't for ideal either as a some engines use oil pressure to tension the cam chain now...with the engine off, the chain can be 'slack' enough to slip a tooth if the engines turned backwards... :unsure: 

Maybe just carry a couple of bricks to chock the wheels instead... :laugh: 

• Haha 2

A really interesting chat with the 2nd generation GT40 designer...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Auto's have a 'Park' function which locks the gearbox, same as leaving a manual car in gear. 

However this isn't for ideal either as a some engines use oil pressure to tension the cam chain now...with the engine off, the chain can be 'slack' enough to slip a tooth if the engines turned backwards... :unsure: 

Maybe just carry a couple of bricks to chock the wheels instead... :laugh: 

I think that explains why my dad removed the lock where the car has to be in park to I think remove the key. He puts the car in neutral when he parks. 

• Like 1

On my tea break 

#OmaNom #Storeo

20190513_221244.jpg

• Like 1

I recently bought alot of stuff from IKEA as saw here: 

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/?do=findComment&comment=766329 

Almost everything came with an instruction manual;

So today I scanned them all in to the computer and created a little CV for jobs with my previous work history being all of there items I've built; for example 

From 09th may - 10th may 2019 I built a Kallax storage unit 😂

I've emailed the CV to jobs at IKEA 🤭 waiting for a response be fun to hear 

• Like 1

I do like the Final Score commentary on a black cat on the pitch from the February game between Everton and Wolves 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club