Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

@iantt and @Lenny get yourself this. I applied it on my sister's car and front windows of the house and water now beads off rather than leaving a sheet of water on the glass. Will put it on my car when I clean it. 

Screenshot_20190520-112607.png

I do like getting a full Recaro interior out of a Focus ST2 to replace my stock seats with for £150 @Lenny.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dtulip8 said:

I do like getting a full Recaro interior out of a Focus ST2 to replace my stock seats with for £150 @Lenny.

That's a good price. Im sure I've seen part leather seats off a mk6 fiesta zetec s go for more. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

That's a good price. Im sure I've seen part leather seats off a mk6 fiesta zetec s go for more. 

I thought that as well, so I jumped on them quick! I've seen a full set of nasty velour Ghia seats for more!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

IMG_20130811_211855_zps1dcfed46.jpg.a34ef3497a92a947bc3d1b31cd6633b5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Lol 😄

• Like 1

I do like receiving a £5 pound voucher from IKEA customer service 

Having been documenting all there content and part numbers on my thread here: 

I emailed them a link last night and now there sending me a voucher 🙆‍♂️

• Like 1

I do like finishing off another model kit this morning (a classic Range Rover in BTP livery). 
That now makes a total of 76 plastic kits I have built in the last 4 years. 
There's 2 or 3 kits in my collection which fellow Ford enthusiasts might like. 

*Mods, am I allowed to upload these model kit images to an album in the members gallery area?

Post away fella.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lenny said:

Are there none for breaking over in Ireland, or are the specs different?

4 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Post away fella.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Thank you sir.
I have uploaded 3 sets to the gallery for people to check out

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

Thank you sir.
I have uploaded 3 sets to the gallery for people to check out

Very nice, I especially like the Mustang 😎

You must have the patience of a saint..... and a steady hand.

Thanks Kevin. I'm not a patient man but having the model kits to build helps with my health issues. It takes my mind away from other things and gives me something to focus on. 
It can be frustrating at times, especially with the more complex models, but it's a great feeling when it's all done and it's on the shelf being displayed. 
The Mustang took a bit of effort because I had to mix paints to get that colour (a mix of green and metallic silver) and I hand painted it to give it the brushed metal effect. 

The hardest of the 3 kits was the Fiesta because of the decals having to go round curves. I bought the kit 4 years ago in a sale and 3 years later, I never thought I'd be driving a similar car in a similar colour. 

I need to find some more Ford related model kits to build now.

• Like 2

I wouldn't have the patience. End up getting smashed up and put in bin. I used to do airfix models of airplanes  when I was a child. To be be fair I used to just love the smell of the paints! And back then probably very toxic . 

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

I wouldn't have the patience. End up getting smashed up and put in bin. I used to do airfix models of airplanes  when I was a child. To be be fair I used to just love the smell of the paints! And back then probably very toxic . 

Been there, done that Ian. I often feel like destroying them when something doesn't go right. 
I mainly do Airfix kits and tbh, their kits have got so much better over the years. Planes are my main area of interest but I have built several vehicles too. 
Oh yes, the enamel paints that stink and take weeks to dry properly. I prefer acrylic paints because they don't smell, can be wiped up easily and they are easy to spray with an airbrush (not that I use my airbrush much). 

• Like 1

My favourite as a child was a Concorde ,747 and spitfire. Spent may an hour improving them with missiles and bombs from other kits. Lol 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, iantt said:

My favourite as a child was a Concorde ,747 and spitfire. Spent may an hour improving them with missiles and bombs from other kits. Lol 

Way ahead of your time 

11 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Are there none for breaking over in Ireland, or are the specs different?

The mk2 focus ST came out while Ireland entered in to recession and the motor tax over here for a 2.5 petrol is €1,400 per year then four tyres every nine months taking three days for garages to get them in stock as there not the useal 16" wheel, they cost €520 every nine months on top of the €1400 tax and then theres fuel and insurance; now would be MOT aswell 

There are a few Electric orange around but the interior is also orange, 

Theres plenty of mk3 ST line models now though, 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Lenny said:

The mk2 focus ST came out while Ireland entered in to recession and the motor tax over here for a 2.5 petrol is €1,400 per year then four tyres every nine months taking three days for garages to get them in stock as there not the useal 16" wheel, they cost €520 every nine months on top of the €1400 tax and then theres fuel and insurance; now would be MOT aswell 

There are a few Electric orange around but the interior is also orange, 

Theres plenty of mk3 ST line models now though, 

Ouch! Interesting to read though, I think on the whole we’re very lucky to have fairly cheap motoring by the standards of other countries.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nick Y said:

The hardest of the 3 kits was the Fiesta because of the decals having to go round curves. I bought the kit 4 years ago in a sale and 3 years later, I never thought I'd be driving a similar car in a similar colour. 

Wow! You must have done some serious mods! Are you going to post a build thread?

Seriously though, some really nice modelling there, Nick!😀

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Wow! You must have done some serious mods! Are you going to post a build thread?

Seriously though, some really nice modelling there, Nick!😀

Cheers Roger. Those are just the kits of Ford vehicles I've built. I have built 76 kits in 4 years but they've mostly been planes, some cars, a few helicopters and a boat (lifeboat).
I wish I had modded my car, lol. Don't want to attract unwanted attention though, nor do I want the higher insurance premiums. 

22 hours ago, iantt said:

Ahh, kitbashing as it is referred to in the modelling world. 
Airfix are bringing the prototype Concorde kit back out with BOAC livery. It was supposed to be arriving in September this year but they've now delayed it until March 2020 at the earliest now. 
I've never put bombs or missiles on a civilian aircraft but have done a couple of special what if builds (sci-fi themed) but only the paintwork. 

40 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

I wish I had modded my car, lol. Don't want to attract unwanted attention though, nor do I want the higher insurance premiums. 

If you had "done a WRC" on your Fiesta, you would certainly attract attention. Don't think I'd dare drive round in something like that on the road, always preferred the "stealth" look myself!

Speaking of my Fiesta. One year ago today (22nd May) I collected her from the dealership. 
I haven't done much mileage in her over the last year (2100 miles) but I still have so much fun when I do drive her. 
She's my lukewarm hatchback. She's not a hot hatch but she's not a slouch either. 

I took her back to the place where I took the first photos to commemorate the day.
If the weather stays nice I might go out and take some arty shots using my new camera (yes, it finally got delivered to the store yesterday). 

• Like 1

I do learning how to play guitar, harmonica, recorder flute. There is an app on apknite name datuner which helps me know the right note. And you can play guitar with tab or chords with app name Ultimate Guitar: Chords & Tabs or Sonsterr . But I play not well, just at basic level and still acceptable to hear

3 hours ago, Nick Y said:

If the weather stays nice I might go out and take some arty shots using my new camera (yes, it finally got delivered to the store yesterday). 

Managed to go have a play with the new camera. I've added some shots in my gallery

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nick Y said:

Managed to go have a play with the new camera. I've added some shots in my gallery

Looks like it's in the wall 🙆‍♂️

large_SS1.jpg.808f7924ab31b7dbf724afa8238d6325.thumb.jpg.d26f56a39965a393e2bc956d667f2e67.jpg

large_SS2.jpg.876bc8aeb1613828ea4d3a38c9505138.thumb.jpg.ba705c19139b46ea0f9e157b0b961873.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club