Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

9 minutes ago, Lenny said:

After you fully open the valve; turn it back a little, 

This stops the valve from sticking. 

Yes, that's good practice, which unfortunately the previous residents of our house had obviously not followed!😈

• Sad 1

Over here in Ireland we dont have "eir" as a mobile topup option on the ATM's but I have my card details saved on my phone, 

So I just log on to there website and topup the phone using my bank card just the same way, 

2 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, that's good practice, which unfortunately the previous residents of our house had obviously not followed!😈

🙄Amateurs 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm not sure who pays for ATMs?  I guessed that maybe they were stopping it because top-ups aren't profitable...but then realised we don't pay for cash out either (in most cases!)...so I can't really see what the difference is there.

😮

I always wondered that until I saw the item about more (non bank operated) ATMs becoming charging. Apparently the banks pay the ATM operators a fee for, in effect, providing a service to the banks customers. It seems this fee is being cut by the banks so the operators are imposing a charge to make up the lost income. 

• Like 1

Was fun getting back on a Berg Duo Chopper GoKart today at my age 😅 34 

20190601_145510.thumb.jpg.ae8521040df81bc6d4d95d956ef406fb.jpg

With our Son whom is 4, we had a race then pretend to call me the AA recovery, 

So had to pick him up in the recovery truck from the roadside and toe his gokart with my other hand to the garage 😂

20190601_145526.thumb.jpg.ed686a216e7cf12021b8a607d1d7f0d9.jpg

He's getting a bit big for the Berg Buzzy so we got him a larger Berg Ford Mustang GT,

He says he's going to win after lunch because it's a proper race car has stripes and everything as his old one is now in the pretend garage having blown one of the turbo's 😂

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

So true 😂 I'm barely fit to walk my calves are aching; he sat in passenger seat and got me to do three laps of the estate that was after doing 2 miles down the road in the bicycle lane; theres no gears on a go kart 😂 the hills are like mountains, hopefully I've gained enough stars with the wife now;

To sit down and watch the new show on amazon Prime called "Good Omens" 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

so true :thumbsup:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like getting a "new" washing machine delivered today...  When I say "new" it is actually older than the Hotpoint it replaced, but a darn sight better considering it is a 1980s Zanussi and anybody around in the 90s and early 00s knows they last forever.

20190531_215631.thumb.jpg.f6fbe49367dd1a3b538dea62deb9fdef.jpg

I didn't envy the two guys who lifted it out of the top floor flat it was located in and then into my house, as these things weigh a tonne!!

The newer models are considerably lighter unlike that one 😅 as they don't have concrete blocks anymore; they have knock sensors to control the spin; I'm very envious of your appliance life span, as the appliance shop feels like the local pub when I walk in the say "ah Leonard are you having the same again sir?" 

Ive complained on here and at home for years now about my wife's history with washing machines and dishwashers; both of which are designed to assist the user and make life simpler, 

I always bought Bosch appliances and Zanussi hobs as they last the longest, but now with the wife; I've stopped buying dishwasher's after she broke our fifth Bosch in eight years and when I went to the shop for a replacement; the exact model we had was still for sale, so at that point I came home without and that was four years ago; she now hand washes everything.

The common problem with us was the inability to understand the dishwasher is not a food disposal unit; even if it has a mesh filter in the bottom; that doesn't stop the pump from blocking with food such as tuna and sweetcorn.

I was sick of asking her to rinse the dishes before putting them inside the dishwasher, 

Washing machine's 

Were currently on our sixth washing machine in twelve years, mainly due to the pockets not being checked for contents prior to being inserted, 

The drain then gets blocked with Lego or dolls shoes, we then have to pull out the washing machine to get under and remove the drain; 

This pushing & pulling then warps the frame of the light weight washing machine's which puts it off balance; the knock sensors then wont allow the machine to spin because of the imbalance.

The next issue is slicing an onion, 

Cant slice an onion in to rings atall; it's either diced or nothing. 

This isint an issue when eating wraps or making spaghetti bolognese, but goodluck with getting any of that diced onion; in to your mouth when you put it on a beef burger, 

Its impossible; 

Were together 18 years now on the same magic roundabout, pointing out the exact same issues time and time again,

Every time I get the same response of "well you do it yourself then" 

Which is the reason I haven't replaced the dishwasher; because I work six days most weeks and I'm not here to load it.

And the cheapest washing machine I can get my hands on from Argos does fine now

My wife never checks pockets when loading the washer, I've found all kinds of trash in machines- lighters, pens, boiled sweets, surgical gloves, tissues etc..
Tissues are particularly awful as they fall to bits and stick to my uniform which is all black and looks awful with white crap stuck to it.
Wifey also washed a pair of my holiday shorts once with the passport still in the pocket then blamed me ffs.

I alone get skiffed to using the dishwasher as madam swears blind she can't work it, wish I could claim that dodge back.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

Watched the first three episodes of "The Good Omens" now, and it's a bit difficult to follow at first as the story jumps back & forth through time; theres a lot of controversial dark comedy particularly in the third episode, where Noah's loading the arc and jesus is being crucified there in the crowd whispering remarks.

Another part has a showdown with guns until a delivery van arrives with a package containing a mythical sword 😂 "sign here luv" changes everything then.

It does follow the same angel and demon through the ages though. Some good special effects too, 

Overall I'd say; if you like Monty python's life of Brian or the holy grail; then you will love "The Good Omens" 

• Like 2

Some nice photos in the hospital car park yesterday. Looks like a new car. Those headlights though are getting to me 😬

_20190602_110816.JPG

_20190602_110923.JPG

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Some nice photos in the hospital car park yesterday. Looks like a new car. Those headlights though are getting to me 😬

Expensive parking location 

Is over here anyway; €37 cost me once when I took my mother in for the day 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Expensive parking location 

Is over here anyway; €37 cost me once when I took my mother in for the day 

I volunteer there so get a guest permit. When I started I was given a visitors permit which I was restricted to park in the visitors parking which I was weary of as you don't know what frame of mind some people come to hospital in. The guest permit allows me to park in the staff parking which is good. Saturdays there's so much space but I still like to park far from everyone 😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

_20190602_110816.JPG

_20190602_110923.JPG

Do the Doctors not work on Saturdays then?  People have to wait until Monday to be ill? :tongue: 

I saw a nice black ZS on a set of grey Team Dynamics today, looked really smart tbh.  Every time I see a black ZS I check the dashboard though...I still haven't seen another red one in a black ZS after you said how rare yours is!! :laugh: 

IMG_20190602_115711391_HDR.thumb.jpg.02cc51520a2a2a5823e0f3894debe105.jpg

IMG_20190602_115524677_HDR.thumb.jpg.60b5c3f2849c2d268055ee3304b6672d.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Do the Doctors not work on Saturdays then?  People have to wait until Monday to be ill? 

😀 I had a spell of many months where I was visiting my late Mum in hospital every day. It was amazing how quiet the parking was at weekends, weekdays was a complete madhouse, as well as costing a fortune.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

Saturdays there's so much space but I still like to park far from everyone.

I don't blame you - your car's looking really good!😀 - and no-one pays much attention when parking in hospitals - too much on their mind, I guess!

• Like 1

I do like being able to sit outside and enjoy a beer and a glass of wine outside, very rare this year up here!

IMG_20190602_191220754.jpg

• Like 5

21 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Do the Doctors not work on Saturdays then?  People have to wait until Monday to be ill? :tongue: 

I saw a nice black ZS on a set of grey Team Dynamics today, looked really smart tbh.  Every time I see a black ZS I check the dashboard though...I still haven't seen another red one in a black ZS after you said how rare yours is!! :laugh: 

IMG_20190602_115711391_HDR.thumb.jpg.02cc51520a2a2a5823e0f3894debe105.jpg

IMG_20190602_115524677_HDR.thumb.jpg.60b5c3f2849c2d268055ee3304b6672d.jpg

Honestly not sure with doctors. I have to say I don't see any expensive looking flashy cars in the car park. Mainly nearly new cars like the new fiesta or range rover velor. I did once see a M3 in a nice dark blue color which I don't think is standard or available on the standard model. 

Was looking at that zetec s. Those alloys look nice and very similar to the standard ones but the originals I really like especially when they are clean. Also as the spokes are dished in and the edge of the rims stick out I looks cool when sunlight shines on the edges and when they are spinning. Just down the road to me I recently now see a sea grey zetec s. Actually looks really nice in that colour. The owner must of got inspired to get one after seeing mine 😂

I do like these devil eye headlights than those halo ones but it's expensive. 

Screenshot_20190603-113731.png

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I don't blame you - your car's looking really good!😀 - and no-one pays much attention when parking in hospitals - too much on their mind, I guess!

Thanks Eric. Yeah you can't blame people as you don't know what they are thinking. Not long ago I had to go to a hospital to see my grandads sister in ICU as they called saying she doesn't look like she's going to make it. Was a sad sight to see her with an oxygen mask and dialysis machine and pipes on her. Her kidneys gave up and her lungs just about lost their function that the oxygen machine was forcing air in her. Her sons had to make the decision to turn the machine off. 

17 hours ago, Turvey said:

I do like being able to sit outside and enjoy a beer and a glass of wine outside, very rare this year up here!

IMG_20190602_191220754.jpg

Nice table 👍

• Haha 1

@TomsFocus if I'm fortunate to get a car like that the only person I'd let drive it is my dad as I see how careful he drives. 

On 5/29/2019 at 1:03 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

shower at home has packed up now, so not a happy bunny!

I do like having just completed replacing the cartridge in the shower (Aqualisa thermo type). Found a very helpful guide on the web - the guy reckoned it was a 2 hour job, 90 mins of which he spent faffing about getting out an O ring from deep in the shower body and fitting the replacement - he was right! The manufacturers instructions helpfully suggest using a crochet hook which I am sure we all keep in our toolbox. I fabricated a tool from a giant safety pin by bending the end into a hook shape, which did the trick nicely!😀

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lenny said:

Nice table 👍

Sturdy, and you can leave it out all year and it won't blow away! 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club