Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7
聽Share

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

Sturdy, and you can leave it out all year and it won't blow away! 馃榾

You should make a storage cabinet out of the centre cylinder or put an ice bucket in the cylinder via the side with a bottle in in聽

Then extract them through the top of the table using a pedal聽

• Like 1

Ok the old crows are upto there tricks,time for a morning wash with help from a mate.

20190601_143036.jpg

• Like 3

Eldest Daughter has gotten her own Samsung phone,聽

She has it locked via fingerprint or password which my wife set,

So our daughter logs in via fingerprint & the wife via password,

Tonight; our eldest was asleep and the younger daughter was trying to snoop in on her phone by; trying to lift the sleeping daughters hand up to scan it on the phone to unlock it馃槀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I did like watching on the news just now the Normandy veterans sailing from Portsmouth on the MV Boudicca - hopefully they'll have a better trip than 75 years ago, been on that ship myself so sure they will.

It doesn't seem like 25 years since I watched my late Dad marching past York Minster with his fellow veterans on the 50th anniversary, shame he聽didn't make this one.

• Like 2

Spent an enjoyable couple of hours cleaning the ST tonight - snow foam, fallout remover, shampoo, wax, wheel sealant and tyre dressing聽馃槑

Plans for the weekend include refitting the Stack instruments into the Lotus (they're back from servicing/repair) and change the fuel filter on the Honda...

• Like 1

@TimST2 just in time before the rain comes along tomorrow. Mine was clean from Friday last week until Tuesday just gone. The wonderful wet weather combined with mucky roads on the way home have all but ruined things聽:crybaby:.

• Sad 1

On 6/6/2019 at 9:27 PM, Zico said:

@TimST2 just in time before the rain comes along tomorrow. Mine was clean from Friday last week until Tuesday just gone. The wonderful wet weather combined with mucky roads on the way home have all but ruined things聽:crybaby:.

True, but it's about regularly washing and聽re-protecting the paint too. I actually did the interior the other day but didn't have time for the outside so it was overdue. It would be nice if the forecast was for sun for the next week though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

True, but it's about regularly washing and聽re-protecting the paint too. I actually did the interior the other day but didn't have time for the outside so it was overdue. It would be nice if the forecast was for sun for the next week though.

image.thumb.png.a013954836e93230b7fca95ef08c54db.png

I always check the weather before cleaning a car. I like cleaning it when there's sun for several days.聽

3 hours ago, Zico said:

Best to put wax on to prolong the cleanliness of the paint. I cleaned my car about a week ago now and it still looks a little clean. I don't drive much though

• Like 1

I do like being off for the next 5 days 馃榾

Off down to Inverness to see Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds and Razorlight 馃槑

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

I do like being off for the next 5 days 馃榾

Off down to Inverness to see Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds and Razorlight 馃槑

Should be a good show!聽 I didn't know Razorlight were still about tbh, I'd forgotten about them for a while until I was having a mid-00s YouTube marathon last weekend...Razorlight, Hard Fi, The Kooks, Kasabian etc...聽 :smile:

• Like 2

I dont like that my new (used) car needs a new gearbox! I know, it's my fault for buying a Nissan X-Trail lol but it's rather annoying on a 67 plate with 24k on the clock.

The box is to be聽replaced under warranty but a couple of people have said they would insist on a new clutch being fitted too. I had thought about that but I dont think I've got much of an argument for it to be done have I?

The fault with the box is that 1st to 2nd isn't the smoothest聽sometimes and 2nd to 3rd crunches at anything over 3000 rpm everytime.

Any opinions from all you experts are welcome (about the clutch, not the choice of car lol).馃檪

1 minute ago, WES180 said:

I dont like that my new (used) car needs a new gearbox! I know, it's my fault for buying a Nissan X-Trail lol but it's rather annoying on a 67 plate with 24k on the clock.

The box is to be聽replaced under warranty but a couple of people have said they would insist on a new clutch being fitted too. I had thought about that but I dont think I've got much of an argument for it to be done have I?

The fault with the box is that 1st to 2nd isn't the smoothest聽sometimes and 2nd to 3rd crunches at anything over 3000 rpm everytime.

Any opinions from all you experts are welcome (about the clutch, not the choice of car lol).馃檪

Wrong thread unless you like low quality, poorly made gearboxes...聽 :tongue:

I don't know anything about those boxes, are the synchro's a common fail on them?聽 If not, it's probably been ragged about so I would recommend the clutch and possibly even the DMF were replaced at the same time.聽 You could ask for it to be done, but you'd have to pay the extra yourself as warranty will only cover parts that are actually broken.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Wrong thread unless you like low quality, poorly made gearboxes...

Lol聽馃槀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Should be a good show!聽 I didn't know Razorlight were still about tbh, I'd forgotten about them for a while until I was having a mid-00s YouTube marathon last weekend...Razorlight, Hard Fi, The Kooks, Kasabian etc...聽 :smile:

Hopefully the weather will be kind for it, outdoor gig. Fair chance of rain I think though 馃檮 ponchos at the ready 馃榾

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Wrong thread unless you like low quality, poorly made gearboxes...聽.

Ooops, Should've gone to Specsavers!馃槀

• Haha 1

@WES180 I'd be mad myself to experience that on a low mileage young car. Is it common on those cars?聽

How is this? How can someone have only done 9k miles on a zetec s?聽Screenshot_20190607-114718.thumb.png.ba082c6b86a61acd36070638f912ed99.png

Something else I like to ask you guys is what sort of price would you say my zetec s would go for? It has around 118-119k miles, optional extra include electric mirrors, front heated windscreen part leather seats, rare red dashboard, steering controls and factory rear tinted windows. Upgrades include reversing camera, ST front and rear brakes and possibly might throw in the front halo lights. Also paintwork had been machine polished and looks like new聽

_20190602_110923.JPG

_20190602_110816.JPG

_20190531_120335.JPG

DSC_0106.JPG

Whoever bought that silver one really didn't get their moneys worth!! :unsure: Will be costing more in servicing each year than they're spending on fuel! 馃槷聽Looking at the MOT history it needed a set of tyres this year as they'd perished, but will have had loads of tread left...the exhaust is rusty, and it will hopefully have had a cambelt by now as that's overdue on age despite the low mileage.聽 Have to wonder whether it's even worth owning a car doing that sort of mileage. :sad: 聽聽

I'd also wonder who would pay 拢4.5k for a 12 year old diesel ZS...聽 If it was a super low mileage Celebration then fair enough...but for a fairly common mid-spec car I can't see it...

As for the valuation on yours, which year/plate is it?聽 07 iirc?聽 Most of the things you've listed are standard on the ZS, the red dash and the rear privacy glass were the optional items there.聽 Sadly the mileage will put people off, as soon as you pass 100k you lose a lot of interest.聽 I also wouldn't mention the ST brakes as modifications put people off as well.聽 Having said that, the ZS's have held their value well and the diesel ones seem less common, the 拢30 tax is a big bonus...聽 As a rough estimate I'd suggest around 拢1500 for private sale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

@WES180 I'd be made myself to experience that on a low mileage young car. I'd it common on those cars?聽

It doesn't seem to be common at all, in fact, I cant find anything about other people experiencing the same problems with the gearbox.

I'm in a bit of a dispute with the company at the minute (Bristol Street Motors) as the dealership I bought the car from said they聽wont cover the insurance excess waiver cost on the courtesy car and then I will also have to pay local toll road fees for back and forth to the garage.

It only totals around 拢20 but after spending 拢17k on the car and finding it to be faulty after only 2 weeks of ownership I'm not paying 1p in additional costs. I've told them I will return the car for a full refund as it was unfit for purpose within 30 days of ownership.

It has been escalated through head office as a formal complaint now and I am awaiting them to get in touch with either a compensation offer or to collect the car and issue a refund.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Looks like a Stevens Spielberg film. Might enjoy this.聽

As it was storming down with rain today thought I'd take some nice beading pictures. Glass has angelwax H2GO glass sealant on with the paint covered in fusso coat sealant聽DSC_0209.thumb.JPG.95e24f5ed7f73a6e5632b57c8ec4a620.JPGDSC_0210.thumb.JPG.a9b4669d60c8388c13505c017ed2a758.JPGDSC_0212.thumb.JPG.527b327b847decf3a81fb42b76675dd2.JPG

Passengers + rain = wet door cards 馃槶

DSC_0202.thumb.JPG.68859cba27b217bfebdb696eb62b6236.JPG

All clean (except the door jams)聽

DSC_0203.thumb.JPG.b9ed82713548a8bcddeb9a230d49fde0.JPG

• Like 2

Refitted the instruments in the Lotus and changed the fuel filter on the Honda then took both out for a test drive.

Felt like @iantt聽for a couple of hours there聽:thumbsup:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Refitted the instruments in the Lotus and changed the fuel filter on the Honda then took both out for a test drive.

Felt like @iantt聽for a couple of hours there聽:thumbsup:

Did you get 4 miles of walking in while you worked on your cars ??聽 Can't believe how much walking I do a day while I work.聽

• Like 1

Did you get 4 miles of walking in while you worked on your cars ??聽 Can't believe how much walking I do a day while I work.聽
No, but I did drink tea and eat cookies if that makes it any more authentic?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club