Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Had apple maps in s white Mazda 6 estate outside the house yesterday with a mast on its roof surrounded by cameras 

I was like 🙋‍♂️ alright dash cam Buddy 😁

I've three cameras in my focus how many you got?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zain611 said:

Didn't know that about tax. At least the salary has gone up for all or some jobs from April. 

Salary increase is only half the story though, if you look at prices of everything else (rent, bills, groceries, fuel etc) it doesn't usually mean any more money in the pocket unfortunately.

12 hours ago, Lenny said:

The wheel was coming off the rim 🙄 

Hes got a load of Disney Cars from the movie all stanced with excessive negative camber from him pushing them down on surfaces ☺ hes only five though 

It's a shame the stance scene will be over by the time he's driving...it'll be as uncool as neons and body kits are today!  😮

I know this is totally impractical but aesthetically I really like it. 🤭 

IMG_20190526_122641340_HDR.thumb.jpg.3890227bc8ee40de89a71ee6bae293f2.jpg

• Like 3

I do like the pic that a pal of mine tagged me in 😄 me thinks he knows me well 🤔

61805423_2469413959786145_2722923340548276224_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I do like the pic that a pal of mine tagged me in 😄 me thinks he knows me well 🤔

Could do with one in my shower, love it! 

I also do like saving £220 on getting my bonnet lock fixed. The Indy garage in town quoted £340 for it to be fixed, my preferred one in the next village over quoted £120! It pays to shop around 👌.

• Like 2

I do like driving this 2014 c220d in the garage today. Cars have completely changed from now. Can pick these up for around £12-15k which I think is a bargain. 

DSC_0215.JPG

DSC_0216.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

Not sure about the shower control though 😂

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Salary increase is only half the story though, if you look at prices of everything else (rent, bills, groceries, fuel etc) it doesn't usually mean any more money in the pocket unfortunately.

It's a shame the stance scene will be over by the time he's driving...it'll be as uncool as neons and body kits are today!  😮

I know this is totally impractical but aesthetically I really like it. 🤭 

IMG_20190526_122641340_HDR.thumb.jpg.3890227bc8ee40de89a71ee6bae293f2.jpg

True ☺ I used to like the neons when I was approaching the age for driving I wanted a 90's Peugeot 306 

The lupo looks good but it's got the wrong exhaust should be like this ☺

10429437_1580044068889282_981746986474323600_n.thumb.jpg.29230b5d15ac853655615cb5600642bd.jpg

• Like 2

@Lenny there's something about lupos I'm starting to like. Don't know if it's the modding community. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Not sure about the shower control though 😂

True ☺ I used to like the neons when I was approaching the age for driving I wanted a 90's Peugeot 306 

The lupo looks good but it's got the wrong exhaust should be like this ☺

10429437_1580044068889282_981746986474323600_n.thumb.jpg.29230b5d15ac853655615cb5600642bd.jpg

My second 306 had red neons underneath, didn't realise until I'd got it...  Fortunately they were broken time I bought it! :laugh:

The car only lasted 2 weeks before the failed headgasket built up so much pressure in the cooling system it blew a rad hose in the town centre and sounded like a gun shot...before dumping 5 litres of coolant into the road.  So I bought another one the same... :unsure:

36 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@Lenny there's something about lupos I'm starting to like. Don't know if it's the modding community. 

I think it is the mods, I've seen a few nice Arosa's recently as well! 

IMG_20190602_115430235_HDR.thumb.jpg.4b3e5929911dde72f09247291ebf4dfd.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

lol ☺️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

Small and light if it was Lowered and boosted would be alot of fun to drive, wouldn't feel speed ramps neither as the wheel base is so short in distance from front to back axle would be like going over a hill 😂

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

My second 306 had red neons underneath, didn't realise until I'd got it...  Fortunately they were broken time I bought it! :laugh:

The car only lasted 2 weeks before the failed headgasket built up so much pressure in the cooling system it blew a rad hose in the town centre and sounded like a gun shot...before dumping 5 litres of coolant into the road.  So I bought another one the same... :unsure:

Oh proper classie way for it to die ☺

Speaking of neon; 

Got the sons bedroom light fitted today, still gotta do another one on Thursday 

Range of colours aswell as the led panel can go from 3000k-6000k replicating day light 

Also has disco mode 😂

From this 

20180409_145731.jpg.8277e9ed8a3aaac5231fbaad5c0697b7.thumb.jpg.8f5fbfd28123332b8845f5594909ac8c.jpg

To this 

20190611_172729.thumb.jpg.d4423cff40f6b76de3a4dd8aa179c888.jpg

20190611_190014.thumb.jpg.9840670d7cff1f53d00badabb3e87878.jpg

20190611_190032.thumb.jpg.466f0b724186fcda13313ec550457cc5.jpg

Full install here: 

• Like 3

Disco mode 🕺

• Like 1

I do like finishing another Ford model kit and adding it to my model gallery on here. 
This time I added another Mk.2 Transit. 

• Like 1

In one way i do like this Next Door Neighbour letter i had today,no name on it just says.....Neighbour .....and our address,i have looked at the site but not signed up as

see if anyone on here has joined,you put your address/post code and a login password,it for your local area which tells you crime etc i think.

Called...nextdoor.co.uk.........anyone else had one or joined as its a good thing but is it all o.k and no spam again as got to be so careful these days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jace1969 said:

In one way i do like this Next Door Neighbour letter i had today,no name on it just says.....Neighbour .....and our address,i have looked at the site but not signed up as

see if anyone on here has joined,you put your address/post code and a login password,it for your local area which tells you crime etc i think.

Called...nextdoor.co.uk.........anyone else had one or joined as its a good thing but is it all o.k and no spam again as got to be so careful these days.

You don't need to sign up to any third party websites to see crime in your area.

The Dot Gov website links straight to the Police.uk site for exactly that:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/crime-on-your-street-revealed--2

https://www.police.uk/

Enter your details using the Find your Neighbourhood button at the top.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Zico said:

You don't need to sign up to any third party websites to see crime in your area.

Gave that a go and there's been 128 reported crimes in my area. There's been 4 crimes in or near my road in April 😭. Burglary, assault and antisocial behaviour. Is an eye opener that. 

8 hours ago, Zico said:

Thats a great link and checked mine,all i have to say is i know now why my car insurance is a good £100 or more a year than my mates 5 mile away.

429 crimes in April

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Thats a great link and checked mine,all i have to say is i know now why my car insurance is a good £100 or more a year than my mates 5 mile away.

429 crimes in April

I'm not sure this is correct...apparently there's been 422 crimes in my area! 😮  Looks like London is the safest place to live so far @zain611!! :laugh: 

• Like 1

67 reported crimes in my area (just my town and not the wider area covered by the neighbourhood policing team) in April 2019. 
Only 5 of those appear to be vehicle related (which doesn't necessarily mean theft). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jace1969 said:

429 crimes in April

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm not sure this is correct...apparently there's been 422 crimes in my area! 😮  Looks like London is the safest place to live so far @zain611!! :laugh: 

2 hours ago, Nick Y said:

67 reported crimes in my area (just my town and not the wider area covered by the neighbourhood policing team) in April 2019. 
Only 5 of those appear to be vehicle related (which doesn't necessarily mean theft). 

Is that only for the area covered when you put your postcode in? For me that's the area covered when I put my post code in. And I thought I lived in a rubbish area. Still kind of want to move out of London as property is cheaper. 

11 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Still kind of want to move out of London as property is cheaper. 

You need to look further north. According to Zoopla, the cheapest places in 2018, in no particular order, were: Nelson, Accrington, Blackpool, Burnley, Bishop Auckland, Wallsend, Airdrie, Coatbridge, Falkirk and Glenrothes, which all have average property prices in the 110k to 150k range. Finding a suitable job in those places may not be easy however!😀

• Like 1

@zain611 I manually calculated incidents in my small town. The area covered when I put in a postcode (under the neighbourhood policing team) is much larger and brings back a result of 1300.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

@zain611 I manually calculated incidents in my small town. The area covered when I put in a postcode (under the neighbourhood policing team) is much larger and brings back a result of 1300.

It's not a good representation imo, the incidents in my town were only 36 out of the 422.  It's just that my area includes a notoriously bad estate about 10 miles away!  I guess the areas are done on population?  Which might explain why Zains area is low despite being part of London.

5 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

You need to look further north. According to Zoopla, the cheapest places in 2018, in no particular order, were: Nelson, Accrington, Blackpool, Burnley, Bishop Auckland, Wallsend, Airdrie, Coatbridge, Falkirk and Glenrothes, which all have average property prices in the 110k to 150k range. Finding a suitable job in those places may not be easy however!😀

I think all those places are really far away. Can't move so far away from family. If only though most house prices were around that sort of median. 

I'm surprised how cheap houses were many years ago I'd say when I was small. I'm sure my parents paid less than or around £100k when they were moving houses say around 15 years ago. Now it's more than quadrupled that. Makes it really difficult for my generation to get a property unless you have a decent job and someone to help save up with you however you'd have to save up religiously. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I think all those places are really far away

Just illustrating the property prices, though some of those places are easily reachable by train in a few hours - the direct train to Inverness from Kings Cross stops at Falkirk for instance. If you were looking at, say, the Leeds area where there are better job opportunities, average prices are still around half what you were talking, and you can easily be down to London in a couple of hours on the train if you need to visit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

It's not a good representation imo, the incidents in my town were only 36 out of the 422.  It's just that my area includes a notoriously bad estate about 10 miles away!  I guess the areas are done on population?  Which might explain why Zains area is low despite being part of London.

I wonder know if crime actually is a contributing factor to increasing my insurance. 

• Like 1