Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

9 hours ago, Nick Y said:

@zain611 I manually calculated incidents in my small town. The area covered when I put in a postcode (under the neighbourhood policing team) is much larger and brings back a result of 1300.

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It's not a good representation imo, the incidents in my town were only 36 out of the 422.  It's just that my area includes a notoriously bad estate about 10 miles away!  I guess the areas are done on population?  Which might explain why Zains area is low despite being part of London.

As @Nick Y has mentioned, you can manually draw an area on the map to narrow down the search results. My postcode brings up a far larger area than I had thought and part of the area covers the outskirts of the nearby university which skewed the number of crime reports.

On topic...

I do like receiving a £15.50 Shell voucher in the post a few days ago. Shame fuel is quite expensive at the moment (£1.419 per litre for V-Power). Full tank would have cost me £59.31 (41.8 litres) but the voucher made a small dent in that.

11 hours ago, Zico said:

On topic...

I do like receiving a £15.50 Shell voucher in the post a few days ago. Shame fuel is quite expensive at the moment (£1.419 per litre for V-Power). Full tank would have cost me £59.31 (41.8 litres) but the voucher made a small dent in that.

Have you joined the new Shell rewards scheme?  They are no longer doing points, but you will get a voucher every 10 fills instead...  Which sounds great for people that only stick in a tenner a week...but for those of us that empty the tank and then brim it each time it's not a good system at all!!  10 fills would take me a whole year... 😮  They also don't state how much you actually get back, I guess it may be variable.

Since BP have stopped working with Nectar, they have now also brought out a new rewards scheme, which seems to be the same points based scheme as it was with Nectar (1 point per litre) but without the offers.  It means you've got to spend £300 on fuel before you get 1 free litre... 😒

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Have you joined the new Shell rewards scheme?  They are no longer doing points, but you will get a voucher every 10 fills instead...  Which sounds great for people that only stick in a tenner a week...but for those of us that empty the tank and then brim it each time it's not a good system at all!!  10 fills would take me a whole year... 😮  They also don't state how much you actually get back, I guess it may be variable.

Since BP have stopped working with Nectar, they have now also brought out a new rewards scheme, which seems to be the same points based scheme as it was with Nectar (1 point per litre) but without the offers.  It means you've got to spend £300 on fuel before you get 1 free litre... 😒

When I was going uni I'd put £20 of fuel in around every 2 weeks. Now with uni finished it's now about £20 every month 😂. I really don't do many miles but I do love to boot it around if the engine gets a chance to warm up properly. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I've been using the new rewards scheme from the start. The only reason I had such a large voucher was that the previous points/vouchers last year didn't turn up so they re-issued them to the card and this year's voucher finally turned up.

I'm up to 6 trips on the new scheme as, like you, when I go I fill the tank and that lasts me ~2 weeks to and from work. I could, if I faffed around a little, make two trips to Shell on my way to work and do a half and half fill to increase the count but it's just not worth it.

The upside to the new scheme is at least the rewards are digital and can be instantly used. I've had a £2.00 and £1.20 off voucher since joining, and just the other day I've been given a free Costa hot drink as well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zico said:

I've been using the new rewards scheme from the start. The only reason I had such a large voucher was that the previous points/vouchers last year didn't turn up so they re-issued them to the card and this year's voucher finally turned up.

I'm up to 6 trips on the new scheme as, like you, when I go I fill the tank and that lasts me ~2 weeks to and from work. I could, if I faffed around a little, make two trips to Shell on my way to work and do a half and half fill to increase the count but it's just not worth it.

The upside to the new scheme is at least the rewards are digital and can be instantly used. I've had a £2.00 and £1.20 off voucher since joining, and just the other day I've been given a free Costa hot drink as well.

I've just received a £2 off voucher via email this morning as well...  The day after I filled up at BP lol... :rolleyes:  It's active for over a month though so may use Shell next time!

• Like 2

I like finally getting the front recaro’s in! Doing the backs next weekend when I have more time.

B7759FD4-86C7-43A5-9B94-3C446262F613.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just had a ww2 Lancaster bomber fly directly over my house so low I could see the pilots!! What a sight and sound 

• Like 4

@iantt you always put a smile on my face when you change your profile picture 😊

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, iantt said:

Just had a ww2 Lancaster bomber fly directly over my house so low I could see the pilots!! What a sight and sound 

Lucky you. That would be the BBMF Lanc then as it's the only one flying in the UK. The only other one is the CHWM Lancaster VR-A and that's in Canada.
Those Merlin engines are a grand sound. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, iantt said:

19 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@iantt you always put a smile on my face when you change your profile picture 😊

Glad I amuse. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

Lucky you. That would be the BBMF Lanc then as it's the only one flying in the UK. The only other one is the CHWM Lancaster VR-A and that's in Canada.

There is a wartime show on in my town over the weekend so they had a flypast. Sometimes it's the spitfire . 

• Like 2

For your amusement-

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Guy Martin got one and was on TV.

• Like 2

Booked test drives at the Caterham South main dealer for two weeks time on my drive down to Brands Hatch for the Lotus track day.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Booked test drives at the Caterham South main dealer for two weeks time on my drive down to Brands Hatch for the Lotus track day.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Didn't you pick up the Caterham? 

Didn't you pick up the Caterham? 

I only started seriously thinking about replacing the Lotus a month ago!

I've specced-up a new 270S on their website and have test drives booked, but this is going to take a while. I've another 2 track days in the Lotus this year then it'll need it's service before selling. There's a 6 month wait for new Caterhams to be built too so it'll be next spring at the earliest if I buy new.

• Like 3

I do like finishing the renovating of both the kids rooms today and finishing the progress update on my home improvement project thread just in time for father's day 😅 wasn't intentional just worked out that way 😂

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/?do=findComment&comment=766329

The rooms are complete and the thread is up to speed on all progress

Back to normality now for a while 😅 less time on the phone editing content

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

I like finally getting the front recaro’s in! Doing the backs next weekend when I have more time.

B7759FD4-86C7-43A5-9B94-3C446262F613.jpeg

Looking Fresh mate 👍

Out of interest; are the Recaro any lighter than the standard seats particularly the drivers as the standard are quite heavy? 

Also did the process of going out and in through the rear doors make things easier for you to install ? 

The bottom of the dear seat is easy to do only four bolts; I've heard theres a bit of a struggle with the upper rear section though; regarding the hinges; I'd love a set of these in grey for my focus here in Ireland but cant find anyone willing to ship.

• Like 1

Father's Day 

20190616_075931.thumb.jpg.3f3ea60f2e0f941508db962e14df4804.jpg

Being the only earner in the house; I always appreciate the things they make for me more than something bought 😅 

Gift from our two daughters; our son isn't up yet but very creative; happy father's say to such a cool Pop 😂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lenny said:

Looking Fresh mate 👍

Out of interest; are the Recaro any lighter than the standard seats particularly the drivers as the standard are quite heavy? 

Also did the process of going out and in through the rear doors make things easier for you to install ? 

The bottom of the dear seat is easy to do only four bolts; I've heard theres a bit of a struggle with the upper rear section though; regarding the hinges; I'd love a set of these in grey for my focus here in Ireland but cant find anyone willing to ship.

Thanks, can’t say for sure whether they’re lighter but they definitely feel like they are. I actually ended up being able to take them in and out of the front doors, wasn’t difficult at all. Not looking forward to doing the rears tbh!

Its a shame no ones willing to ship to Ireland, as it’s definitely a worthwhile mod to make.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lenny said:

Father's Day 

20190616_075931.thumb.jpg.3f3ea60f2e0f941508db962e14df4804.jpg

Being the only earner in the house; I always appreciate the things they make for me more than something bought 😅 

Gift from our two daughters; our son isn't up yet but very creative; happy father's say to such a cool Pop 😂

I never understood the point of making cards...but then I have the creativity of a brick and can't stand things not being perfect... :unsure: 

This gave me a giggle on Facebook this morning. :laugh: 

No photo description available.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

As the Mondeo came in last in theft protection in a survey not long ago, I've taken my own measures to beef up security. 😅😅😅😅

Now try pinching my car

62494942_144049990075813_3232493593578962944_o.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, iantt said:

As the Mondeo came in last in theft protection in a survey not long ago, I've taken my own measures to beef up security. 😅😅😅😅

Now try pinching my car

62494942_144049990075813_3232493593578962944_o.jpg

Pfft, couple of mole grips on the column is all that's needed... :wink:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club