Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I know my focus is heavier but the best I’ve seen was 47mpg on a super economy run up to Leicester. 

I do also like how nice and comfy these Recaro’s are. My neck and back pain are gone as they’re just so supportive, even if though I lean forwards a lot when driving.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Zico said:

I do like coming across this:

I was laughing when the Spanish person said what he has including 2 beers 🤣

You might enjoy this. I for some reason like watching old videos in Britain set decades ago. Love see how different things were then. 

• Like 1

Presenter was very well spoken, I too like watching older videos like that. Thames TV's YT channel is great! Makes me doubly nervous of trucks now though, even with all the modern safety systems!

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure every lorry on the road today has ABS and ESP...  Wheel lock-ups like that should be a thing of the past by now!  Tyres are also considerably better designed, both in terms of the tread and the compound. :biggrin:  Of course, they are still very heavy and awkward and do still have accidents...just last week one fell over on a local overpass and hung over the dual carriageway at rush hour causing utter carnage! 😮 

What I did pick up on that video was people pulling out of side roads where there's clearly not time...looks like the same people that do it now were still doing it back in 1976 as well! :rolleyes:  

Interestingly, my Grandad was a long distance lorry driver back in the 70s...that's exactly the kind of truck he would have used.  Amazingly he never had any accidents as far as I know...he'd also let his kids sit on his lap whilst driving in the holidays...and of course no drink-drive laws or seat belts back then either... :laugh:

It was also before the standard containers came in so every load had to be manually placed on the trailer instead of just lifting and dropping a container in a few minutes like they do today!

• Like 1

I like posting my first YouTube video 🤣

This is of the angelwax H2GO glass sealant I put on the windscreen 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I like posting my first YouTube video 🤣

This is of the angelwax H2GO glass sealant I put on the windscreen 

Cool Ive smashed my screen hitting that Subscribe button Reminds me of a windows 95 screen saver 😅

Much cleaner than mine; I have algae on the rear spoiler hasn't been washed in over two years now, 

• Like 1

I do like the challenge of helping a friend find a £500 car, thinking a MK1 Focus or early MK6 Fiesta is a good shout for her needs. Plenty about at that price, its just finding one in a decent location and in relatively (for a bargain basement car) good nick.

• Like 1

New guy in work;

Few people worked with him in a previous job and told me his nickname is "Hot Shot" 

I asked why as he doesn't look like Charlie Sheen 

They said its because hes part Deux 😂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lenny said:

Cool Ive smashed my screen hitting that Subscribe button Reminds me of a windows 95 screen saver 😅

Much cleaner than mine; I have algae on the rear spoiler hasn't been washed in over two years now, 

I got flashbacks of being in my first house and this animated paper clip in my dads old computer. Screenshot_20190621-160525.thumb.png.af2a1edcc53ce2665472741f41229e91.png

Also reminds me there's a fish and chips shop near my old house down the road  my parents used to get food from. Went there a few weeks ago after 12 years and everything looked the same. The husband and wife who runs the place are still working there and they still have a sharks head on the wall. Really felt like a child again just from walking towards the shop. Sadly doesn't beat the current fishy we go to. 

• Like 2

For any mk6 fiesta owners check out rookie mods on insta and Facebook. She does some great little mods which you'd find interesting. The most of my interest is her custom twin cup holders here's a comparison of the standard and hers. 

DSC_0224.JPG

Screenshot_20190621-221801.png

6 hours ago, zain611 said:

I got flashbacks of being in my first house and this animated paper clip in my dads old computer. Screenshot_20190621-160525.thumb.png.af2a1edcc53ce2665472741f41229e91.png

Also reminds me there's a fish and chips shop near my old house down the road  my parents used to get food from. Went there a few weeks ago after 12 years and everything looked the same. The husband and wife who runs the place are still working there and they still have a sharks head on the wall. Really felt like a child again just from walking towards the shop. Sadly doesn't beat the current fishy we go to. 

I know what you mean regarding going back to a place with memories and noticing things you may have forgotten; it's good for the mind to reflect on matter encourages further progression and you cant put a price on it, 

Some people may think that's strange lol but there also the ones whom perhaps dont appreciate what they have in there own lives; 

I can only drive past the house I grew up in and my grandparents house down the road; I wont ever walk the fields of the family farm again as I once did as a child because I'd be trespassing and possibly shot 😅 

Family separated in the late 90's sold everything and moved in to town houses which aren't home and never will be to me, 

Born in to this house 

20190622_013139.thumb.jpg.deb8812e2494404e07857bc8cc805b4a.jpg

20190622_013209.thumb.jpg.20539a5108cf881c6c5eb4103934f449.jpg

Grandparents 90ft down the road 

20190622_013233.thumb.jpg.249d81bec6a6edc2c53b376a01c418c9.jpg

20190622_013337.thumb.jpg.4d3dadc7697f4d271dd1d1dd8c2965e9.jpg

Newly built house next door to the red brick across  from the grandparents moved in in 99

Later sold the lot in 2001

20190622_013312.thumb.jpg.3dfb2179d4dc4e0efd5a8d7ceae71ebb.jpg

I'm living almost 300km away now in my own home with my own family; I'd be willing to pay €1,000 to go back to the house I grew up in and walk the fields with my own family now to give them a full HD tour of where I came from but it's all memories now, little cottage on a shelf in our living room once was my grandmothers and two wooden chairs I have in the attic from there kitchen are they items I keep to remember the times. 

But in a way I'm glad to have experienced absence as its educated me in the upbringing of my own kids as they grow in there family home

20190522_182335.jpg.1d88858b15c6576b5a44e3945e45caaa.thumb.jpg.dd7c421cbcb0d7f88659da80e8713b69.jpg

We have documented there heights on the wall over the years

20190608_164612.jpg.eb8955e7e747cfa441159c7a45553cef.thumb.jpg.7deab5a51497398ff65f90278eb10fc5.jpg

And in 2016 they buried there own little pieces of toy loom bands which were very popular at the time along with a few coins and letters written by themselves about where they live and about themselves which they placed in the old fireplace wall,

20160206_111407_zps9nhjwsjz.jpg.321143bfdfc14426a9f0a9ea24c3d5f6.thumb.jpg.b29fd3232a8f87c219847ebd111489f6.jpg

IMG_20160518_081737_zpszpn3jous.jpg.2629dc95a0c68c4a05381ee5160273dc.thumb.jpg.df8ca7e37cce81b2a95b720e0d71e093.jpg

It was later bricked & plastered 

20160524_154909_zpsj53sxoro.jpg.cb4b1cd93c21f6da41e37dfe6c7093a9.thumb.jpg.379e43464c429ee7e14054aa263692a2.jpg

Now more effcient electric fire and no heat loss through the chimney, but the main point being the memories are still in there not anywhere on cloud storage there at home.

20181003_231530.thumb.jpg.eb922248d990b9bad97e805a3cb48b42.jpg.cc5f73143f72747e6063479d6b49a5c0.thumb.jpg.6a828445c3f0a69535f151f2d1dfa6a0.jpg

This is there family home which will be there for them to re-experience and reflect on in years to come.

Anyway enough of all that patriotism 😂 back to fords 

4 hours ago, zain611 said:

For any mk6 fiesta owners check out rookie mods on insta and Facebook. She does some great little mods which you'd find interesting. The most of my interest is her custom twin cup holders here's a comparison of the standard and hers. 

DSC_0224.JPG

Screenshot_20190621-221801.png

Looks good but in practicality it would get scratched and flake with heat expanding & contracting; 

A similar effect can be obtained by fitting some LED strips inside the panel; take out the panel and line up the LED strip inside the side of the panel chose a point which is hidden from view when fitted; mark corresponding locations where the LED's are, 

Drill in to the cup holder using a 3mm drill bit then seal the holes from inside the panel with clear silicone.

Tape the LED Strip on to the external surface of the cup holder.

Wire in to a parking light feed; 

If there too bright you can fit a drl auto dimmer to reduce illumination by 50% 

However I recommend only drilling two holes per cup anyway as three LED are too bright for the purpose, dont need to drill a hole for every corresponding LED.

I've done my centre console few years ago 

If doing yours I'd drill all the holes to face the front of the car as though they were the headlights themselves, drill down low and facing the front of the car, 

This way neither you the driver nor the passenger will ever see the source of the light they only see the effect of the light 

imageproxy.jpeg.jpg.abeffc7d4440fdc476d30b2021a94d81.jpg

imageproxy.jpeg.jpg.0c47cdf4d8daedd8cc51070253be5b67.jpg

Alternatively there are now battery powered units available on amazon but check diameter before purchasing as there from the American market and everything tens t be supersize over there; https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07JBJD6XH/ref=psdcmw_318296011_t1_B07MBMFSFX 

I also done what I call bird bath illumination in the rear centre pocket 

imageproxy.rrjpeg.jpg.5c41488491df8e25993c59e92e5d9ea2.jpg

imageproxyrre.jpeg.jpg.6b2cc7a935bc5ef4cc39c8883f4b999f.jpg

I can guide you through in further detail if required.

• Like 1

Brought to you in association with the consumption of Magners alot of magnets & ice 😅🔥litt

Going to sleep having been up since 17:00 eh yesterday and after drinking eight pints which surprisingly I'm feeling more tired than tipsy I can walk perfectly straight and everything 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

Going to sleep having been up since 17:00 eh yesterday and after drinking eight pints which surprisingly I'm feeling more tired than tipsy I can walk perfectly straight and everything 🤷‍♂️

Why were you up for that long? 

Talking about memories again when I went to that old fish and chips shop I stopped outside my old house just down the road. The windows look old I think they weren't double glazed or probably are the same ones since I was living there and the whole house looked 'old fashion' or not cleaned up which saddened me. There's a block of council houses further down the road which I think was one of the reasons my parents moved as you know what some sort of people live there. 

• Like 1

I like seeing this big beauty in Plymouth Sound this morning-

446292cc404fd729c5e59171e0f82e57.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

11 hours ago, zain611 said:

Why were you up for that long? 

I was working nights last week; Brother in law arrived down to visit with the mother and his son which woke me up at 17:00 couldn't get sleeping then after; was then time to go to work, home after and thought I'd have a few drinks before going to bed as I try to stay up along as possible after the last night in an attempt to get back in to the routine of sleeping at night again; 

Otherwise if I go straight to bed; I'd be up at 3am Sunday morning. 

Talking about memories again when I went to that old fish and chips shop I stopped outside my old house just down the road. The windows look old I think they weren't double glazed or probably are the same ones since I was living there and the whole house looked 'old fashion' or not cleaned up which saddened me.

Same here; the house never looks as good as the day your leaving it; the upkeep never maintains the same standard; saw that ourselves with the gardens and kack of paint on the sheds, Google maps is great for looking back though, I know its rarely updated in some cases but still good to have there. 

There's a block of council houses further down the road which I think was one of the reasons my parents moved as you know what some sort of people live there. 

Some council estate people are legitimate hardworking people and others are born to be on benefits brought up with a gimme gimme attitude; 

We bought our house for €285,000 back in 2006, theres a small estate next to us around 50ft up the road which are built exactly the same as ours but there all belonging to the council with people living for free or almost food free; theres one family in number five saw there daughter finish her last year of school giving birth and moved in to number seven I'm not joking, 

Also when attending to sign the birth register for our eldest daughter twelve  years ago; we were waiting in a room along side one girl whom had an Argos catalogue in her hand with a childs pram highlighted, and another woman whom happe d to be from the travelling community.

I dont talk much to strangers but I overheard there conversations; the woman with the Argos catalogue had given birth to her baby in hospital the previous day; but refused to take the baby home because she was on benefits and didnt have a pram; she was then at that time waiting to see a benefits officer to get payment to purchase that particular buggy in Argos to take the child home; 

Shirley she knew a few months in advance that she was going to give birth 🤷‍♂️

The eh "lady" from the travelling community 🤭 I'm trying to be nice here; 🤫 the lady from the travelling community also gave birth the previous day; but she had given birth in a caravan which just so happend to be on the border of two countys, she was in to register the childs birth in wexford then on to carlow to register again with a different surname; she went on to recommend giving birth at home, she said because when there older they have two birth carts with two different tax numbers meaning they can get benefits in two different countys every week. 

That's what I'm saying about being born in to it.

In the summer they have midweek partys while were working. Then some are hardworking unmarried mothers; I know one whom is a post woman out on the bicycle delivering letters at 7am must be tough on her coming from the same estate as others whom do nothing yet she works harder than any of them. 

Long story there sorry but all essential parts 😅

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I like seeing this big beauty in Plymouth Sound this morning-

446292cc404fd729c5e59171e0f82e57.jpg

What type of ship is that mate?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lenny said:

What type of ship is that mate?

I'm going to hazard a guess at HMS Queen Elizabeth, aircraft carrier.

Screenshot_20190623-115304.png

• Like 2

Airshows 

Classic Yank Cars  ( fins & chrome ) 

North Wales 

Being retired 

Being cancer free  for 12 yrs  ( after a s***load of ops & treatments  I wouldn't  wish on anybody )

Vodka & cranberry juice

The Lancaster Bomber ..

Canals.

Steam Locomotives ..

F1.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Tiptronic10 said:

Airshows 

Classic Yank Cars  ( fins & chrome ) 

North Wales 

Being retired 

Being cancer free  for 12 yrs  ( after a shitload of ops & treatments  I wouldn't  wish on anybody )

Vodka & cranberry juice

The Lancaster Bomber ..

Canals.

Steam Locomotives ..

F1.

Liked, especially 2 and 5 👍

• Like 1

Haven't been to Halfords recently so nice to see I can still use my Halfords trade discount card card and then ford owners club  discount card for another 15 % off . Didn't even have to try it on with them . Result

• Like 3

I'm going to hazard a guess at HMS Queen Elizabeth, aircraft carrier.
Screenshot_20190623-115304.thumb.png.285b2118ee3ce37593aac4482f31891b.png
Indeed it is.
That photo shows her anchored a mile outside our breakwater and that itself is a mile off coast so you get an idea of her size better in this photo-
6b1411cd79d5b16a74305f174a961703.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, iantt said:

Haven't been to Halfords recently so nice to see I can still use my Halfords trade discount card card and then ford owners club  discount card for another 15 % off . Didn't even have to try it on with them . Result

Yet again you made my day😅

• Like 2

Got back into my headlights and started applying the clear coat. Looks like this. Will go in depth when its all done and dry. Not 100% perfect when looking close but looks better and was worried about sanding 

DSC_0249.JPG

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club