Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like getting all the weeds up from between my driveway slabs!  It's a task everybody loathes but once it is done it looks nice, for a few days...

Our new (to us) Mercedes GLC was delivered today :thumbsup:

On 6/30/2019 at 8:43 PM, TimST2 said:

Our new (to us) Mercedes GLC was delivered today :thumbsup:

And I've been discussing paint protection and delivery options with the Caterham dealer today so hopefully it won't be too long before I'm ready to order that too...

16 hours ago, TimST2 said:

And I've been discussing paint protection and delivery options with the Caterham dealer today so hopefully it won't be too long before I'm ready to order that too...

Should get me to detail it 😂. I think honestly if I had the money I'd probably put PPF on since my recent incident scratching the car. 

Really surprised how much headlights transform the look of the car. Front looks just about brand new. 

_20190704_104034.JPG

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Really surprised how much headlights transform the look of the car. Front looks just about brand new. 

_20190704_104034.JPG

Now you've got some spraying experience, maybe paint the grills too? :biggrin:  The annoying faded grey plastic already looks dated when it leaves the factory, it's a shame they didn't do them gloss black as standard!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Now you've got some spraying experience, maybe paint the grills too? :biggrin:  The annoying faded grey plastic already looks dated when it leaves the factory, it's a shame they didn't do them gloss black as standard!

Lol my dad was the one who put the clear coat on the headlights. Still need some experience 😂. I don't know about spraying those bits. Reason being I think they'll blend in with the painted bumper. With the plastic colour it helps sort of make it stand out. If I had a white zetec s I'd definitely would of sprayed those bits gloss black. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, zain611 said:
Should get me to detail it [emoji23]. I think honestly if I had the money I'd probably put PPF on since my recent incident scratching the car. 

I think I will. It's £750 to get the full car kit (nose, wheel arches, side skins and a few smaller areas), so not cheap but probably worth it. Apparently this is the stuff they use: https://www.xpel.com/

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

I think I will. It's £750 to get the full car kit (nose, wheel arches, side skins and a few smaller areas), so not cheap but probably worth it. Apparently this is the stuff they use: https://www.xpel.com/

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That's not too bad considering I heard some people pay more than £1000 for PPF. 

Get them hydro dipped.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Get them hydro dipped.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That's a good idea also. Its a hard one because I don't know how long I'll keep the car due to ulez 

• Like 1

@TomsFocus you need to get some of this Koch chemie stuff. Really helped me yesterday remove the water spots and it was hot 

DSC_0279.JPG

DSC_0281.JPG

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus you need to get some of this Koch chemie stuff. Really helped me yesterday remove the water spots and it was hot 

DSC_0279.JPG

DSC_0281.JPG

It does seem to do a good job!! :biggrin: 

I just can't afford it lol, could also do with some Poorboys Blackhole Glaze to cover up swirls etc but just don't have any spare money at all since the rent increase last month.  No idea how I'll afford winter bills this year unless my circumstances change before then.  I've lost heart with detailing as well now, I've missed a lot of local meets & shows so far this summer due to my IBS worsening so no incentive to clean it and don't have the effort to clean it either atm. :sad:  

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 1:32 PM, TomsFocus said:

It does seem to do a good job!! :biggrin: 

I just can't afford it lol, could also do with some Poorboys Blackhole Glaze to cover up swirls etc but just don't have any spare money at all since the rent increase last month.  No idea how I'll afford winter bills this year unless my circumstances change before then.  I've lost heart with detailing as well now, I've missed a lot of local meets & shows so far this summer due to my IBS worsening so no incentive to clean it and don't have the effort to clean it either atm. :sad:  

If it's any constellation mate; I haven't washed the focus in over a year; the £318 JL Audio C3 650 Speakers I fitted in the back stopped working and i cant be motivated to fix them neither; I've three kids to put to school in September; eldest costing €978 for books and uniform the middle one is costing €420 and the youngest is costing the most at €70 per week in play school. 

Yesterday; I made the most of the last bit of spare cash I'm going to have between now & the end of September

My work mate picked up a one litre 2000 toyota yaris to commute 25 miles to work each day to keep his 3.2 V8 M5 at home in the garage

his review of the yaris was; "the headlights are crap there's no separate hi/low bulbs just H4 and it needs a sixth gear as it's doing 5,000rpm on the motorway at 85mph 😂 also theres nowhere to charge me phone.

He joked about fitting a huge light bar on the roof to overcome the lack of illumination 

So unknown to him yet; 

I purchased a 15" 1800w LED light bar 6000k along with a reg plate bracket to fit the 15" light bar in the space of the lower grill

20190630_114716.thumb.jpg.1ad0abaa50d0cd345bdd4bd01491fe00.jpg.e554b39d0227c0aed28f3b91eee4a4d7.jpg

20190706_172237.jpg.a1d163b52e21282864ebef934e77e6fb.jpg

iMarkup_20190630_114245.jpg.c20108fb70f914543dfd89edbabcbf31.jpg.ddcea53c42586b455f55cd8eda478d3b.jpg

and full upgrade to osram LED bulb for the reverse, front parking and interior, also chrome indicator bulbs all round and some Philips H4 headlight bulbs and a replacement reg plate incase the original breaks, also purchased a USB power supply outlet with a piggy back adapter for an ignition live. 

He calls the yaris "the chicken chaser" so I've also ordered some decals for the bumper saying chicken chaser with the Coco chanel logo in the centre 😂 

20190630_111634.jpg.d020c4081c742e2d0c751dd58c9afd7d.jpg.3ebdfa5cb1404e38917e274c61be30b0.jpg

20190630_114806.jpg.3448d6ef4d4fd8b964ffb9b3f80a8031.jpg.93044e6426cdba6b31fb0c512c9357de.jpg

1555109181_Screenshot_20190705-163602_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c86de964036f26053f847e81092e6a2c.jpg

20190705_172305.thumb.jpg.ca35b991b931fff67684fe773d76028c.jpg

99% of the parts are arriving next week; I'm just waiting on a wiring harness from china which fits to the H4 headlight harness and provides a pos/neg output to wire the light bar.

Then the light bar comes live along with the full beam headlights.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the surprise his face when I hand it all over in a box before our week off at the end of August which well will then soon become nothing until February as I'll be saving for Santa; it's the best value I could get out of my last few quid €240 as we work different shifts each week it's going to provide a few fun commutes in and out of work in the dark, if we were social drinkers would spend that in a few months 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You're a good friend to have @Lenny Me? I would have bought him the sticker! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

You're a good friend to have @Lenny Me? I would have bought him the sticker! 😆

☺️ in normal circumstances I should have just done the sticker too; but i work in a chemical plant and I've trained this guy for the past year; hes a worker creates work when times are quiet just like myself; hes put me in a good light with the management and gained me some recognition, also when I need a hand with somthing he's someone I can trust to assist me safely as he doesn't act on what he thinks at the time he does exactly as asked, working six days per week on Continental shift work colleges become a second family, 

Also silly thing really but: communication with my immediate family has died for the future aka my mother, two sisters and two brothers all for various reasons,

I live almost 280km away from all of them; so it's just the wife and kids now, last time I phoned my mother to see how she was; 

She said she would phone me back in 5min 

So I waited three days and phoned again; couldn't talk then neither very busy and ow I forgot all about you until you phoned now but I have to go.

She doesn't work; hasn't ever worked, shes 70 and lives alone, I done all the Alexa stuff, hive controller, cctv and BT phones last January for her as you may remember I spend over a grand to assist in making life easier for her,

now she doesn't want to know me; probably because I don't get along with one brother and one sister for very very valid reasons and I voiced my opinions regarding all of them justifying my reasoning but she pretends there all fantastic people when in reality and I don't use this term often; they should be inhilated; one of them is currently getting the house painted for her; so shes busy chasing them now with no time for me as I've done my part at the beginning of the year,

also didn't send our eldest daughter a card or wish her a happy birthday or anything then buys a brand new car the following weekend and to make things worse it's a Vauxhall 

Perhaps I'm being overly generous as I'm demented over that lol just trying to categorise what's important from now on and move on with life as theres nobody blood related going to help me going forward they have cut all ties.

Lenny, I can relate to a lot of your last post for various reasons and things happening in my life but thought I’d let you know i loved the Vauxhall comment [emoji23]

11 hours ago, LondonFiesta said:

Lenny, I can relate to a lot of your last post for various reasons and things happening in my life but thought I’d let you know i loved the Vauxhall comment emoji23.png

Have to look on the bright side mate, life is like a life sentence sometimes for no good reason 

I do like this little guy 

20190706_162056.thumb.jpg.ed3fbf2aa5dee5d190f03822f335495b.jpg

I was outside in the garden; burning an Address label as I never put then in the bin,

And to my surprise; it can straight up to me around a foot away from me chirping 😅 I fed it some wet bread but it seems to be gasping as its head keeps going up and down like panicked 

• Like 1

I finally got onto machine polishing that scratch. Thankfully it's all come off. At some angles and at the right lighting angle you can just about see a faint scratch but that's better 😊. Now just have to use the finishing polish and bring out the paint. 

Really hard to pick up the scratch before (which is a good sign) so just focused taking pictures on one section. DSC_0293.thumb.JPG.2fcf95f36f64a1e307da66b9c55cf6d1.JPGDSC_0295.thumb.JPG.ea42fa5b64162c543e2861525db19193.JPG

Had some fun in the night with all the lights off except for the inspection lamp 😂DSC_0301.thumb.JPG.0070598cd32bd95dd9616840f8cc3e5f.JPG

• Like 2

I do like getting the Passat professionally valeted today at the local hand car wash!

Only took the 4 of them 15 minutes to do it but the finish is brilliant, and for £8 I cannot complain.

20190707_150340.thumb.jpg.9b93b2c6b880c8b956662c5252cf6e63.jpg20190707_150350.thumb.jpg.37e5164df6f4d511c73eae084896785d.jpg20190707_150324.thumb.jpg.55b1a1bb09ff95e7f5a9cb412d144ada.jpg20190707_150329.thumb.jpg.a1c7094d25ce1106eb48053c3bb5d645.jpg

P.S.  I did not specifically go to a cemetery to take the photos!  I just happened to be there afterwards...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like getting the Passat professionally valeted today at the local hand car wash!

Only took the 4 of them 15 minutes to do it but the finish is brilliant, and for £8 I cannot complain.

20190707_150340.thumb.jpg.9b93b2c6b880c8b956662c5252cf6e63.jpg

P.S.  I did not specifically go to a cemetery to take the photos!  I just happened to be there afterwards...

Great value for money there mate; would cost me €25 to get that service over here from a lad whom thinks he's Clint Eastwood with the power washer in hand and cigarette in mouth looking with one eye squinting as the smokes blowing in his face ☺️

• Haha 1

@zain611 I do like saving €3.15 at Halfords today by using my fordownersclub discount card was supposed to be €21.00 but thanks to the discount card and €1.25 I had left on a Halfords gift card from Christmas 

I managed to purchase for €16.60 comes with the polishing pad to fit to the drill, 

20190707_200021.thumb.jpg.ccd76272a93157dc9cc0afbbe234517f.jpg

Will hopefully restore these headlights to almost new condition well ideally look as good as yours on the fiesta but anything will be an improvement on these pictured below: 

iMarkup_20190707_200345.thumb.jpg.b22a362fce7877fec60bdfd51ef602e1.jpg

Some of the bulbs arrived from amazon yesterday: 

20190707_202747.thumb.jpg.70417e4522bdd5e4ad5001ec556c096f.jpg

• Like 2

@Lenny look forward to seeing that. Tell me how the Philips bulbs look when you install them and if the colour is good 👍

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@Lenny look forward to seeing that. Tell me how the Philips bulbs look when you install them and if the colour is good 👍

Will do mate, 

I'll try get a picture of them illuminated when fitted,

It will be around two weeks; because I'm waiting for everything to arrive before I hand over the goods,

Most items will be here by next wednesday but the H4 piggy back loom for the light bar is holding up the process shipping from china; I've bought one from amazon and one from eBay ill be fitting whichever one arrives first, 

I bought two with the intention of not holding up the process 😬as I'm looking forward to it and would prefer to fit everything in the good weather;

Also in the event one loom didn't arrive I wont be waiting a further three weeks to recieve the alternative loom, 

Would be very unfortunate should both not turn up 😰

The eBay purchased one has provided a tracking number which is functional so that's providing a bit of scope 👨‍💻⛩ it's left the sweat shop and🛵 its on a rick shaw to "sum yung guy"🛶

• Like 1

@Lenny just watched that video. Best to seal that headlight with something like clearcoat or a ceramic coating. Won't take long for the headlights to go hazy again. The overall condition of the headlights after restoration may vary. On mine if you look closely there's some very light very small cracks / pig tails and I think some small dots probably due to improper clear coat spraying but honestly it looks good from just standing up looking down at it. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club