Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

17 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Did you buy it or just stand in the shop reading it? :laugh: 

I'm surprised magazines are still sold since the rise of the internet tbh.  The local retro car group had a visit from Practical Classics last week as part of a retro group competition. :smile: 

I was in the Tesco library lol

• Haha 2

I do like that my random punt at a remote fob paid off! Wanted a remote fob (lock/unlock only) as taking the car to a festival and will hide my keys in my belongings, so can carry the fob around with me just to lock/unlock the car. Turns out these style (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/433MHZ-3-Button-Remote-Smart-Full-Key-Fob-Chip-For-Ford-Transit-Connect-MK6/303175940613) for the Transit mk6 also work on the Focus mk 2.5.

After a little trial and error (and erasing my existing day-to-day key by mistake), programmed both in with the "ignition key on/off 4-6 times" method.spacer.png

• Like 1

After a hectic 3 weeks (where for some unknown reason we decided to sell 2 cars, buy a car and get our a bathroom redone all at the same time) I think we're finally out the other side - phew!

I can now relax for a couple of weeks and look forward to the 27th when I have an appointment with Caterham to put down a deposit on a new 310R 😎

I'm actually quite excited - it's been a long term dream and will probably be the only new car I ever buy...

• Like 4

The 70s really was very brown wasn't it...

• Like 2

I do like having an afternoon beer and listening to my Jim Croce LP!  Perfect relaxation after a busy morning/early afternoon.

• Like 1

I like being able to see these two side by side, facelift is definitely better looking.

74F78724-6FD6-42FC-824C-8C13AB8D03E6.jpeg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

I like being able to see these two side by side, facelift is definitely better looking.

I still miss my mk2.5 every time I walk past a clean black one with tints and xenons…  Definitely haven't had anything as good looking since! :sad: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Even better when you paint within the headlight brow lines and fit a colour coded bonnet lip 

IMG_20130405_093204_zps873e2a0d.thumb.jpg.e6441995ede89ef1b65a2d486717a385.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtulip8 said:

Looking tasty @Lenny!

Just need the decals 😂

fighter_teeth_gel_kit__60232.1487518008_200_200.jpg.936c55d8a5e42b871cef1572580d16ca.jpg

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

I must be strange because I actually prefer the pre-facelift!  That said I also preferred the pre-facelift MK4 Fiesta (the one in my avatar) so maybe there's a theme developing...

• Like 2

I do like a bacon sandwich, coffee and a cigarette to start the day!!  If I'm going to damage my health I may as well do it properly... :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jmurray01 said:

I must be strange because I actually prefer the pre-facelift!  That said I also preferred the pre-facelift MK4 Fiesta (the one in my avatar) so maybe there's a theme developing...

I like both mk2 & mk2.5 

The mk2 looks good lowered with the front end tucked in like this one; 

_DSC1644.thumb.jpg.75521c7957531af022c48205eaa93d78.jpg

_DSC1729.thumb.jpg.5ed360723a7f981d40e26c0b3cddd82a.jpg

_DSC1672.thumb.jpg.b1932f4d72c7e09f832a9919f1185d9c.jpg

Where the mk2.5 looks better with the front sticking outwards the more 45 degree angle you can get on the mk2.5 the better it looks 😅

• Like 1

I do like being quite merrily drunk at 11am on a Sunday morning, 

I would prefer to be sober and working through the entire weekend, but I'm stuck at home with nothing to do so Alcohol is pleasantly passing the time.

Splendid ☺️👌

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.db46e741edc55d5c55466f2badbfe8e4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/11/2019 at 10:43 AM, TomsFocus said:

Did you buy it or just stand in the shop reading it? :laugh: 

I'm surprised magazines are still sold since the rise of the internet tbh.  The local retro car group had a visit from Practical Classics last week as part of a retro group competition. :smile: 

I still get top gear magazines when I go food shopping. Started collecting them about 6 years ago now and must have a pile of them in the loft. 

• Like 1

I like seeing another zetec s owner pull up near my car yesterday. Was sitting in the car waiting for mum in asda and saw the guy pull up near me. Wanted to talk to the owner but he was too busy talking to his friends. There was him, another guy and two girls so might of been blinded by them 😂

Had a good look at his car. Paintwork desperatly needs machine polishing and I noticed there was a few dents, rear diffuser was missing and there was a dent on the jacking point. 

_20190716_095939.JPG

DSC_0315.JPG

_20190716_095829.JPG

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I like seeing another zetec s owner pull up near my car yesterday. Was sitting in the car waiting for mum in asda and saw the guy pull up near me. Wanted to talk to the owner but he was too busy talking to his friends. There was him, another guy and two girls so might of been blinded by them 😂

Had a good look at his car. Paintwork desperatly needs machine polishing and I noticed there was a few dents, rear diffuser was missing and there was a dent on the jacking point. 

_20190716_095939.JPG

DSC_0315.JPG

_20190716_095829.JPG

I think that’s the problem with older cars if you don’t bother too much with keeping them clean, they start to look tatty. Mine was a bit of a state when I bought it, but I don’t mind as I still occasionally scratch it and as it’s a first car I’m bound to knock it a few times. And anyway it’s 13 years old so it will have a few dings and scratches. I must say yours is an exceptional example which you take a lot of care to keep nice, which most people don’t.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Oooh, car friend! :biggrin: 

Gotta love the Inbetweeners!

3 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Gotta love the Inbetweeners!

I'm remined of that episode every time I see an identical car... :laugh: 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

I think that’s the problem with older cars if you don’t bother too much with keeping them clean, they start to look tatty. Mine was a bit of a state when I bought it, but I don’t mind as I still occasionally scratch it and as it’s a first car I’m bound to knock it a few times. And anyway it’s 13 years old so it will have a few dings and scratches. I must say yours is an exceptional example which you take a lot of care to keep nice, which most people don’t.

Everyone's different 👍. My first car I had before was a little Peugeot 107 and I was careful driving that. I try to be careful driving but there are moments sadly which happen like I clipped the kurb twice and scratching the side of the car when going down a unfamiliar B road. 

When I got into car detailing my eye goes towards other peoples cars paintwork 😂. My fiestas paint I'd say was similar to that before I revived it. Headlights were restored recently and I'd say make a difference. My car does have a few dents on it sadly. My uncle said someone quoted him around £80 to remove around 10 dents on his car so could see using them for my car but that's if ulez doesn't force me to sell it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Oooh, car friend! :biggrin: 

Back in college my friends used to say 'friend' like that. I then started joining in with them 😂. Not long ago I found where they got that from 🤣

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Everyone's different 👍. My first car I had before was a little Peugeot 107 and I was careful driving that. I try to be careful driving but there are moments sadly which happen like I clipped the kurb twice and scratching the side of the car when going down a unfamiliar B road. 

When I got into car detailing my eye goes towards other peoples cars paintwork 😂

I bought a slightly scruffy first car expecting to scrape it and never did lol.  Don't even remember scuffing the wheel trims but soon swapped them out for alloys anyway lol.

I did touch a kerb this week while parking, fortunately it was just the 'bulge' of the fat tyres that lightly touched so no rim damage.  First time I've done it in a year of owning the car though! Just briefly lost special awareness which I'm usually pretty good at. :unsure:

I'm the same with other peoples paintwork, especially at car shows! I often wonder if the owners genuinely don't see the swirls and contamination or if they just don't care... :laugh:  I've got an unusual burst of energy this morning so have washed and clayed (well clay mitt, not actual clay!) the car...now having lunch and then going to fill the swirls with SRP and top it off with wax.  Using up the products I've got as can't afford any more this year.  I've also found some liquid sealant that I bought about 10 years ago but have never used...don't know whether to give that a try lol.  

I've also given the inside a hoover and dust...and removed the California Scents Cranberry air freshener as I can't smell it anymore, probably just got used to it though so have closed the lid and will keep it for now and try it again when then next one runs out.  The next one is a free paper one, didn't know what it would smell of...turns out it's banana...not sure if I like it or not atm! :unsure: :lol: 

14 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Back in college my friends used to say 'friend' like that. I then started joining in with them 😂. Not long ago I found where they got that from 🤣

Lol, I must admit I wondered if you would have ever seen it after I posted! :laugh:  

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I bought a slightly scruffy first car expecting to scrape it and never did lol.  Don't even remember scuffing the wheel trims but soon swapped them out for alloys anyway lol.

I did touch a kerb this week while parking, fortunately it was just the 'bulge' of the fat tyres that lightly touched so no rim damage.  First time I've done it in a year of owning the car though! Just briefly lost special awareness which I'm usually pretty good at. :unsure:

I'm the same with other peoples paintwork, especially at car shows! I often wonder if the owners genuinely don't see the swirls and contamination or if they just don't care... :laugh:  I've got an unusual burst of energy this morning so have washed and clayed (well clay mitt, not actual clay!) the car...now having lunch and then going to fill the swirls with SRP and top it off with wax.  Using up the products I've got as can't afford any more this year.  I've also found some liquid sealant that I bought about 10 years ago but have never used...don't know whether to give that a try lol.  

I've also given the inside a hoover and dust...and removed the California Scents Cranberry air freshener as I can't smell it anymore, probably just got used to it though so have closed the lid and will keep it for now and try it again when then next one runs out.  The next one is a free paper one, didn't know what it would smell of...turns out it's banana...not sure if I like it or not atm! :unsure: :lol: 

Lol, I must admit I wondered if you would have ever seen it after I posted! :laugh:  

I have some autoglym super resin polish and their liquid sealant. Bought it from Halfords not long before I found out about the detail shop which is a 30 second drive away 😂. Could work out a price and give it both to you. Haven't even used it. 

• Thanks 1